Barbizon Modeling Schooltotal scam

This "school" is a complete and total joke.They make the kids believe that its some ultra-exclusive honor to be "allowed" to go here.well news flash THEY WILL TAKE ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO PAY THEM OVER $2000.My friend went to the six month course (2 classes per month) and im really confused as to what exactly her "tuition" was going towards.The only thing that costs Barbizon anything was the price to rent out a couple rooms at a hotel two times a month.At the "graduation" ceremony, which is a "fashion show", they dont do anyones make-up, hair, and they all wear their own outfits.I'm pretty sure they dont give out fashion tips either because some of the girls just looked like a hot mess. You dont have to look like a model or have any talent to go here.I actually feel bad for my friend because she actually has potential (shes skinny, pretty and tall) and here she is in this class with a bunch of random girls that couldve been picked up from off the street for all we know. The "ceremony" was very pathetic, the "instructor" was very uncoordinated and didnt know anyones name.(I wonder if she even has any kind of experience in the industry).BOTTOM LINE, if you are serious about wanting a career in acting or modeling DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL.It is a complete and total waste of money and I dont even know how these people sleep at night.

• Ju
    Judy2402 Apr 24, 2012

Former employee and former graduate of Barbizon, all they do is lie, cheat and steal even from their own employees!! Stay Away! Things have completely changed this year for the worse with this company.

• Su
    supermodel Mar 10, 2011

ummm yea I went to Barbizon and I am so sorry to say this but they are a scam. One saturday, I sat in my class and something just told me to take a look around so I didnt and I said to myself "can these girls actually be models? No!" Think about it tution is like 1500 for one person. Barbizon is actually making at least12, 000 just for one group of girls! They dont care if they look like models. They care that they are giving them money. Sorry if I sound mean but its true.

• Di
    dion stewart Jun 13, 2010

This co. is a total joke, but we were smart enough to not fall for it. When we got to the hotel, half of the city was there and the hotel looked worse than the Bates Motel in Pscho. We saw a friend shortly after arrival and she told us what they wanted - $2300 - so we walked out.

BARBIZON SUCKS!!! and swallows

• Ba
    BarbizonModelBella May 24, 2010

I went to Barbizon and loved it! Both of the comments and complaints here are from people who didn't even attend the school. They don't know what they are talking about. Barbizon has changed my life for the better and I am so thankful I went there! I felt so much more confident in all areas of my life after attending Barbizon and would recommend it to anyone over and over again. It was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

• De
    debra wilder May 23, 2010

I'm 48 years old and I can not believe this company is still aloued to rip people off, they were doing this in 1976 thats when they ripped a friend off from church that i new and tried the same with me. See its all about the as usual or they would not still be here. I just this this is really sad, 40 yeas of ripping people off they should own the whole block by now. I would like to know why they havent been closed down yet ?