Avenue Productions, Inc. Logo

Avenue Productions, Inc.

Having problems with Avenue Productions, Inc.?

Avenue Productions, Inc. reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 8, 2009. The latest review A Huge Scam and Fraud!!and Illegaly conducting deceptive trade practices. was posted on Mar 10, 2010. The latest complaint A Huge Scam and Fraud!!and Illegaly conducting deceptive trade practices. was resolved on Mar 10, 2010. Avenue Productions, Inc. has an average consumer rating of 5 stars from 2 reviews. Avenue Productions, Inc. has resolved 2 complaints.

Avenue Productions, Inc. Customer Service Contacts

1995 E Oakland Park Blvd #315, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Florida

Avenue Productions, Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Avenue Productions — A Huge Scam and Fraud!!and Illegaly conducting deceptive trade practices.

Avenue Production Modeling and Talent Agency located in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl has violated the consumer sale...

Avenue Productionspaid $350 for photo shoot and got no pictures or proofs.

I am hitting myself right now. Paid $350 for a photo shoot of my daughter. Didn't go into it thinking she would get a job, just wanted to build her confidence and get some pictures in return. The contract i signed did say that I would not get the pictures, but would receive pictures on contact sheets. My flag went up when I wanted to speak with my husband and she pushed for a decision right then and a date as soon as possible. But i didn't want to disappoint my daughter and they fed on that.

Now we have paid $371 and have nothing to show for it. I can not even afford the pictures. The prices are outrageous. I am ashamed I didn't do more research. My bad, but please learn from my mistake and don't fall for it.

• To
      TopK91 Jul 12, 2016

They pretend they are giving you a great offer and that they don't make money off of the pictures but any attempt to speak directly with the photographer is deflected. Once they sell you one thing they try and sell you another. The pictures look just like all the other pictures from other models, not custom as they claim. An agency that makes money off of their "talent" other than their percentage for getting you a job is unethical. Their office is run down, cheap and cheesy. I was treated as if I was being done a favor rather than a paying customer. Any questions or concerns I had were treated as I was problematic and the problem.

• Uc
      uc7026792 Jul 12, 2016

I totally agree that Avenue Productions Talent Agency in Fort Lauderdale, FL is a big scam and is an agency that is out to get your money, meaning rip you off. My comp card looked horrible, I even told them that I thought the pictures were horrible and that the person in the pictures did not look like me! They told me that I was being too hard on myself and that my comp card looked great and that I would get a lot of work from it. I signed up with them over 7 months ago and only received one assignment from tHem which was an extra for a commercial that was not even aired in the US. Since then I have tried going to other agencies with the comp card that was given to me from Avenue and every single agency said that my comp card looked horrible and was not a representation of me. That i looked nothing like what my comp card presented and that I look 200% better in person and guaranteed me that I would more than likely not make it in the modeling industry solely based off of my comp card. What a huge disappointment. I was even convinced to be placed on AVENUES website. I was told by Andrea that the website will bring me more work and that a lot of top modeling agencies refer to their site for models...Its ALL a LIE! The photographer is not even a professional photographer, neither is the make up artist. $1000 down the drain!

• He
      Helping Others Beware Sep 30, 2010

Wow I am so glad I googled about this company!! I just came back from an interview with them and met with The Lori Lady, and she seemed nice and professional @ the time and I probably would have totally did it but thank goodness I didn't by reading these posts. She took a look @ my resume and pix and took a page out of my folder to keep and proceeded with telling me how I would make lots of money with the company. The company takes 20% of whatever we make and then I would need to be on their website for companies to take a look @ my pix, and it would cost me $200. I thought to myself, well what is wrong with the pix that I provided?? And then she was like so what do u think. And I thought let me think about it and she gave me her business card and I told her I would get back to her. After reading this post I am ripping up the card and can't believe I wasted my time getting ready, dressed, hair, makeup, my hopes up come to find out that this is a SCAM!!! What is wrong with Society these days, how is it legal for a company to get a liscense to do this sort of business!!

• Ti
      Tinah888 Aug 30, 2010

This place is a total SCAM. We saw there ad in South Florida Parenting magazine. We called today and were pleasingly surprised when they told us they could see us at 3pm. When we got there, they asked us to fill out a sheet with our information. That took about 10 minutes. Then we met with Laura who within 5 minutes, looked at our son's pictures, complimented him and told us she could find work, and told us they had a website and we needed to pya $199 to be on it. The she asked us do we want to pay to be on the website? After we told her we would think about it she immediately told us okay and thanks for coming. I've always been told that if a modeling agency believes in you they will not tell you to spend money. This is the old scam of getting you to pay for a photographer except now it is a website. After we came I started researching the company and found many stories that confirmed my experience. This is a total SCAM. Stay away. First, try the more reputable agencies.

Good luck