Bangkok Adventist Hospital (Mission Hospital)Medical malpractice

I went to Bangkok Adventist Hospital (Mission Hospital) for my treatment. I was having sore throat and was coughing. Hence I decided to visit Bangkok Adventist Hospital (Mission Hospital) . The hospital prescribed 3 medications for me which included two pills and cough syrup. However, after two days of taking the medicine regularly trice a day. I felt my throat was burning, hence decided to contact Bangkok Adventist Hospital (Mission Hospital) to consult the pharmacist. To my surprise, the pharmacist said that she gave me the wrong medicine, instead of prescribing M-Tussis (cough syrup), she gave me BETADINE SOLUTION. Not realizing it was a wrong medication, I had it for two days. I felt this was absolutely wrong and such a big neglect of duty by the pharmacist and Bangkok Adventist Hospital (Mission Hospital) . I contacted the hospital demanding to talk to the administrative.
They offered me a compensation deal which included 3 annual health check-ups, $2300, and 3 years Health Insurance scheme. However, I was not satisfied as I haven't demanded for any monetary incentives but a full responsibility of the hospital in taking care of me for any side effects or long term effects from ingesting BETADINE SOLUTION.

This is just TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!! How can you run a hospital without being responsible for your actions! BANGKOK ADVENTIST HOSPITAL (MISSION HOSPITAL)..A BIG TIME..NO! NO!

• Va
    Vasectomy Oct 29, 2012

I went to Mission Hospital in Bangkok for a vasectomy. I felt the staff was friendly but were very busy. I was given a price estimate of 8, 000-10, 000 Bhat for the surgery. When I checked out, my final bill was 15, 000. My attempts at receiving an explanation were unsatisfactory and might have just been a 'farang' tax.
    The actual procedure was not smooth, the air flow from the Oxygen mask was restricted as if the valve were not fully open. I struggled to communicate this with the non-english speaking staff to no avail. Lastly, there was absolutely zero post-op discussion with doctor or staff. My gurney was wheeled into a waiting area and the staff just disappeared. I have no idea if the surgery was a success or if there were complications. I do not know if these issues are simply the result of cultural differences; however, I would choose not to make this same choice in hindsight. If you are haing elective surgery, then I would recommend choosing a hospital accustomed to having "Westerner" patients.
    Good luck.

• Wa
    Waseem khan Mar 11, 2012

I have been a regular customer of Bangkok hospital over a period of 3 years now and seriously thinking to change the hospital now. Despite of taking advance appointment I have to wait for 2-3 hours in the hospital to see the doctor. They have such a Teribble service and the nursing staff are not cooperative at all.. When ask for the queue number and about the time when will be my turn they just simply say go and sit we will confirm the queue. Half of my day is always gone waiting for the doctor.. As I pay them a lot for the service an still have to wait for hours .. Not acceptable anymore.. I will recommend Bumrungrad hospital which seems much better then service and treatment as compare to Bangkok hospital.. So bye bye Bangkok hospital

• Da
    Darren Tierney Mar 08, 2012

It's a vile place. I went there with a wound to my hand and they stood round making racist comments about me. No one spoke any English. I ended up walking out dripping blood over the floor.

There's a smaller clinic of Khao Sarn Road run by the same people, but the doctor never turns up, they just treat it like a holiday.