Banfield Animal Hospital — poor care
My 1 1/2 year old cat was acting lethargic, not really eating and a cough. After a few days I realized she wasn't getting any better and she should be seen before things turn worse. I called and they were able to see her later that day. I have worked for animal hospitals before, so I was a little confused how they weighed her while she was still in the carrier. Then I waited 25 minutes in a little examination room. The vet tech came in and did a pre exam, took information from me about her, since she had never been their before. She put all this information in the computer, but seemed more concerned with the exact date of when she had her vaccines. To me 7 or 8 months ago was enough information to show she wasn't behind on innoculations. Another 10 -15 minutes goes by before the vet finally came in. I had to repeat all the same information to her that I told the vet tech, the vet examined her and couldn't find anything wrong. No temperature and the lungs sounded clear. She suggested we run some bloodwork to see what is going on with her, so she had the vet tech run an estimate and come back in to go over it with me. I just about died! Almost $300. just for a blood test, urine test and to check her for ear mites. Yeah, like ear mites would make he sick and lethargic. I literally asked her how much to put her down. I was informed they wouldn't put her down for a cough. I took my cat and left. I would not bring any animal there even if their life depended on it. I decided to bring her back to her regular vet even if they couldn't get her in for 2 days. So I picked up some homeopathic and herbal remedies and she started improving in 24 hours. I cancelled her appointment as she was back to normal in 48 hours. I would suggest that everyone stay a way as far as possible from these money hungry, ignorant tools, but that's just my opinion.
More Banfield Animal Hospital Complaints & Reviews
- Banfield Wellness Plans - can't cancel
- Banfield Pet Hospital - ruin my perfect credit history!
- Banfield Pet Hospital - my dog's dental cleaning
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness plan rip off!
- Banfield Animal Hospital - $250 minimum visit charge if you use care credit financing
- Banfield The Pet Hospital - customer service
- Banfield Pet Hospital - care
- Banfield Pet Hospital - wellness care plan is a scam
- Banfield Pet Hospital - veternary abuse, company cover-up
- Banfield - unquakified per care