Balboa PressWeb-optimized press release

S Jan 08, 2019

I recently published a book with Balboa Press
I'm complaining about the press release that I purchased from this publisher. They are a rip off!!!

I've purchased the web-optimized press release believing what was advertised: that the press release is written by a professional copywriter, and optimize it for web search by selecting relevant keywords. Unfortunately, I was appalled by the very poor quality of the text that I received. Despite providing a lot of relevant information in the questionnaire they asked to complete, the press release was bland, unenticing, and contained many mistakes (the initials in the headline weren't capitalized, some choice of words had negative impact on readers and other problems). I could also only select one keyword and not keywords as they claimed in their ad.

I had to ask my editor to revise it in order to have a good press release. He did a marvelous job, but I had to pay him too on top of the $1, 000 sum that I paid Balboa Press.

Secondly, I asked for a refund because the press release that I've been provided isn't worth the amount that I paid for ($1000). The marketing rep sent me the clause that states that once I approve this service I'm not entitled to any refund. Not only did I receive an amateurishly written press release, I had to pay the editor for revising it and I'm not entitled to any refund!

I also don't receive full answers from employees at the company and need to ask the same questions time and again. I asked for help from the customer support but they sent me back to the same person who isn't responsive. Moreover, I checked and all the places that my press release was posted were "clips" that weren't even searchable which made them totally worthless. No one could find them.

I'm very frustrated and upset because this is an ongoing problem for quite a while.

Thanks for your response in advance.

Best regards,