BAK Industries.bakflip mx4

J Aug 01, 2018

Bought online using the drop down menus getting my exact truck and configuration.

Showed up in a box saying 09-17 and I have an 18 model. I called Bak Industries to see if it will fit and they very condescendingly said "yeah, it was just made last year before the 2018 model came out but it fits"

Guess what. I tried installing it and several things DID NOT FIT. I had to cut and customize the gutters, get my own mounting setup for the gutters.

The Pop Rod and Mounting socket mounts required holes in the Ram's truck bed that were larger than they were on the 18 model. I tried making it work by going to Lowes, Home Depot and Harbor Freight to find screws that would fit to no avail.

That's when I began a month and a half long thread of emails trying to get them to help me make this work.

Finally got a the Customer Service Team Lead on the phone today, James Caldwell, and he said I had to go get smaller screws or drill 8 holes into the truck bed myself to make them larger. I told him I tried to find the screws and couldn't and asked if they would send me the appropriate ones to which he responds "no".

For one of the most expensive tonneau covers in this category, I was less than excited to hear this complete apathy and unwillingness to help.