Menu
Backblaze Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Backblaze
reviews & complaints

www.backblaze.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.8 10 Reviews

Backblaze Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
3 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Backblaze at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Backblaze has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Backblaze. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Sort by:

Newest Backblaze reviews & complaints

E
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Backblaze backblaze is bad, they don't have no person you can call for help

backblaze is bad, they don't have no person you can call for help.

A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Backblaze Had an okay experience with Backblaze when I needed their help, but their cancel process is a bit confusing and doesn't work on mobile

Had an okay experience with Backblaze when I needed their help, but their cancel process is a bit confusing and doesn't work on mobile. So, if I need another backup service, I'll be looking elsewhere.

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Backblaze I'm still trying out Backblaze and so far it's been pretty good

I'm still trying out Backblaze and so far it's been pretty good. It took about three days to upload my two drives, which I think is pretty speedy. They said it would take 9 days for 423,230MB, and that's with everything they suggested we upload. After checking out the files in the cloud, we can confirm that everything's there.

Is Backblaze legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Backblaze as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Backblaze stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Backblaze should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Backblaze earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Backblaze achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Backblaze. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Backblaze has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Backblaze has claimed the domain name for backblaze.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Backblaze.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Backblaze website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Backblaze.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Backblaze as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

We looked up Backblaze and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Backblaze protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Backblaze. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
D

Backblaze Bad service

Bad service. This software keeps showing an error message that the service needs to be installed several times a day. I follow their instructions to install it, but the next day it happens again. Customer service is only through email, which is ridiculous. It takes weeks to solve problems and they never get solved. They don't provide phone numbers. You can't remove your credit card from your account page even though you've paid for the service. Avoid it!

C
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Backblaze Backblaze ain't got no human to call for help

Backblaze ain't got no human to call for help. My Backblaze ain't backing up and the steps they keep emailing me ain't working. Tired of going around in circles trying to back up my laptop. Had a laptop crash and moving the files over took weeks and for faster methods you gotta pay a lot of money. Also, not all my files was backed up it seems which defeats the purpose of having this service. The customer service is terrible. Two weeks and still can't get a decent person to help me back up my computer and still many files missing. Stay away!

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Backblaze Backblaze ain't good for your data

Backblaze ain't good for your data. I paid for their stuff for 6 years and when my laptop got jacked, they deleted my data after 30 days. The Data Restore thing is a joke - downloads take forever and it crashes all the time. It's like paying for insurance but not getting any help when you need it. But they did give me some money back after I wasted 6 years with them. Thanks, I guess.

S
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Backblaze I'm trying out Backblaze and it's almost done backing up my main computer drive (256 GB SSD) and one external hard drive (10 TB USB)

I'm trying out Backblaze and it's almost done backing up my main computer drive (256 GB SSD) and one external hard drive (10 TB USB). My files are big 4K videos so it's taking a while, but that's expected. Update: it's been 2 days and my videos are still backing up, but I know they're huge so it's all good. I stopped the backup on purpose and it seemed to work, so I deleted it from the website, uninstalled the app and files on my computer, and started over. This time, I'm not interrupting the backup until it's done (system disk and 1 external hard drive). I tested restoring data from the external hard drive and it worked fine. Next, I'll add a file to my computer and see when it backs up and check the View files section. Then, I'll add one external drive at a time and test those files. Finally, I'll make sure it does subsequent backups. On their help site, it says if you remove a drive for more than 30 days, it'll be deleted but they'll remind you to plug it back in - cool! I'll keep updating as I test this product.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Backblaze I tried to cancel my Backblaze subscription on July 31, but got an email saying it wasn't cancelled

I tried to cancel my Backblaze subscription on July 31, but got an email saying it wasn't cancelled. Then, someone named *** from Backblaze emailed me, and I told Frrest again that I wanted to cancel. But Backblaze still hasn't cancelled my subscription, and they said they'll charge me on August 20. I haven't used their service in over three years, and they're not being very helpful.

B
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Backblaze Backblaze ain't workin' right for me

Backblaze ain't workin' right for me. I paid for it and tried to fix it with their email instructions, but no dice. I asked for help over the phone or screen share, but they said they don't do that. I even left a message, but they didn't call me back. I'm an old timer, not good with computers, and can't afford to pay someone to fix it. Backblaze ain't got no customer service for folks like me.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Backblaze Backblaze don't wanna update their recovery process

Backblaze don't wanna update their recovery process. So when you need to use their service, you gotta go through their crazy hard drive buying process. They make you BUY used hard drives (which they don't even say are used) at a higher price, then pay for shipping, and then pay duty on these used hard drives (because even though they tell you to send them back for a refund, they're actually selling them to you, not lending them to you). So you end up paying for shipping and duty on a used drive that you might send back. Backblaze makes money by selling used hard drives at a higher price over and over again. They don't give customers a modern and easy way to download their data. The only way to download data is in small zipped parts - which is no good for big data sets. Backblaze makes money by being sneaky and unclear about their hard drive reselling plan, instead of giving customers a modern solution like their competitors. I wanna talk to someone important from Backblaze and ask why they do this.

Backblaze Customer Reviews Overview

Backblaze is a cloud backup service that has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from its users. One of the most praised aspects of Backblaze is its ease of use. The service is incredibly simple to set up and use, making it a great option for those who are not tech-savvy. Additionally, Backblaze offers unlimited storage, which is a huge plus for those who have a lot of data to back up.

Another positive point of Backblaze is its affordability. The service is one of the most affordable cloud backup options on the market, with plans starting at just $6 per month. Despite its low price, Backblaze does not compromise on quality, offering reliable and secure backup services.

Users also appreciate Backblaze's fast backup speeds. The service uses a proprietary backup technology that allows for fast and efficient data transfers. This is particularly important for those who have a lot of data to back up, as it can take a long time with other backup services.

Finally, Backblaze's customer support is highly regarded by its users. The company offers 24/7 support via email and phone, and its support team is known for being knowledgeable and helpful.

Overall, Backblaze is a highly recommended cloud backup service that offers great value for its price. Its ease of use, unlimited storage, fast backup speeds, and excellent customer support make it a top choice for those looking to back up their data securely and affordably.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Backblaze contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Backblaze?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Backblaze Customer Service. Initial Backblaze complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Backblaze above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Backblaze. Discuss the issues you have had with Backblaze and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.