Auto Seller NetworkFraudulent company

N

On Thursday Feb. 12, 2009, I received a call regarding the 2007 Ford Mustang Convertible I had advertised on Craigslist and Auto Trader. Asked if I had sold the car yet? I answered NO and he introduced himself as Kevin Dodge a Representative of Autosellernewwork an affiliate of Walmart. Asked me to describe the car and condition, mileage, asking price. I did and he told me it sounded like an excellent car and they would love to sell it for me and it should only take about 2 weeks! They make their money, he said, by re-financing the car and that I would not have to do a thing. It would require a deposit of $499.99 that I could put on my credit card. If it didn't sell, I would be refunded the $400 and they would keep, as insurance, the $99.99. They would pay for the advertising and initial screening of the applicants. I won't go into all the details but I mentioned that I was wary of this being a scam and he said we are a reputable company affiliated with Walmart and recommended by the BBB. They car would stay with me until the buyer gave me a check that cleared my bank and then I could release the car. He said let me give you over to our Confirmation Mgr., Steve, and Steve went over the cost I would only have to pay $99.99 for their service. I gave them my Master Card number and they said they would email me immediately with all the information about them, that they were located on Shea Blvd. in Scottsdale.

Well, I never received the email with my confirmation number! When I called the Card Company, the charge for the 99.99 and the 400 dollars had been received and approved but not actually put on my account. I asked that they stop the charge and they said they could not until it was actually put onto my account. So, here I am, I will Dispute the charge and hope that it will be taken off my account. I just want other people to know of this scam. I am retired living on Social Security and a small pension and cannot afford to take a loss of this magnitude. My husband is retired also and we are very upset about this hoax!

Jane Dean Aug 02, 2018

I got scammed too. The guy I talked to was so persuading. I asked for a refund within the second day and they said they'd spent the money on paying for websites for my trailer to be posted, and website development. Anyway, it's all smoke and mirrors... there are no postings. I have tried over and over to get my money back but no luck. Why didn't I research this before I got sucked in??
    I have learned a hard expensive lesson.

• Ni
    Nini D Dec 15, 2017

Thank god i found this page before i agreed to anything! I posted my car for sale on Craigslist and Offerup. I got 15 calls from this number that showed up as "scam likely" on my phone, so i finally answered (curiosity). This guy asked me if my car was still for sale and if i had buyers and where else did i post the ad. I answered his questions then he transferred me to this woman who said she owned the company and she has a high demand for my car right now. She said i listed it online for a lower value than what it is worth and she could get me a higher price. The deal sounded tooooooo good to be true. I was even more skeptical when she told me i had to pay the $299.99 up front "because advertising is expensive" I asked what if i sold the car on my own because of the ads i already posted would my money be refunded she said no. Seriously, lol okay. She told me she would "hold my spot" until tomorrow morning at 11 am. Cant wait till she calls me back to i can make her look stupid. SCAMMER!!!

• Fr
    fricken pissed Sep 09, 2017

3/2017
    Sellernetworks is a HUGE ripoff !!! They don, t refund ANYBODY !!! The don't explain rules untill after you send the money
    and want to go into your account you have to check the box to agree to agree to there new rules ! In 4 months I got NO calls from any of there web sites . I did get calls from other web sites. DON"T USE THIS SITE !!!

• Yn
    Ynleve Oleumso Aug 31, 2017

Got a call from this company 30 min after I posted my add in kijiji. At first I was impressed by the offer but due to the fact that I was driving when they called me I asked him to call me back after 15min. and he did called me back saying the stuff to everyone they come across. when He asked me for my CC information I felt something weird because he was rushing me. and I told him to give me a call back in 10min because I have to look for my credit card. Instead of doing that I jumped into my desk top and google the website reviews and WALAHHH!!! got all this complaints. thanks guys it really save my [censor] or else I will loose my $499 since I am selling two cars.

• Rm
    rmattice Jul 03, 2017

I too, was contacted by a telemarketer from Seller Networks after I had listed my Truck for sale on Kijiji and Auto Trader. I was told my Truck was an excellent deal, and that it would sell easy because they make their money on Financing, and for 10%, or $2, 800.00 down, someone could buy a next to new 4X4. In the 3-4 months I had it listed with Seller Networks, I did not receive even 1 response, even though I paid $400.00 to them. I kept lowering my price from $28, 000.00 by $500 every 2-3 weeks, and still got no replies even when I was down to $21, 000.00. I finally sold my vehicle through Kijiji (at NO cost).

So, is Seller Networks a Scam?? I don't know. They certainly didn't help me. Would I recommend Seller Networks? Not a chance!

• Ni
    Niloofar Jan 05, 2017

Hi, Seller Network fraud me too I did not receive any phone call from their and I ask for cancellation now they do not refund me. is there anyone know how to deal with this scam ?

• Da
    Daniel Hopkins Mar 29, 2016

I cannot attest to the accuracy of claims of fraud (I was unconvinced by their promises and made vigilant by their tactics). One of them actually mentioned that a vehicle similar to the one I was selling went (through use of their services) for 2k better than what I was initially asking and even without the red-flags, my initial thought was "Well what the heck do I need you for then? Mine should roll right out the door!"... the take-home lesson here is: I put the add up for people who want to buy my car. If anyone responds to it with another purpose in mind, that's already two strikes against them. People who approach you asking for money are called 'beggars'. If I feel inclined to give handouts, I will do so of my own free-will. I don't respond well to people who try to coerce me into charity.

• Je
    Jeff Schweissinger Sep 29, 2015

Hi everyone who has commented on this scam. I just wanted to let you know, due to my being taken by a similar scam and loosing money, I investigated what to do about this type of stuff and finally found that the FBI has a complaint site under FBI, Internet Crime Complaint Center, that you can file a complaint to, with hopes of not only getting your money back, but also to put these people out of business. Unfortunately, just when I finally found out about this and made my complaint, the site stopped advertising and took everything down, including false positive commentary by supposedly public companies. Then, I found out that the scam was being handled out of the US. All I'm saying is that I'm sick of these people doing this and so many of us being taken. There are laws preventing this, but the BBB isn't the watchdog agency for this. Try the FBI site, and I hope it works for you. Pass this along as well for any other sites you come across. Maybe this is what's needed, investigation while the site/company is still in business.

• Cl
    Claro Aug 05, 2015

they rip me off good. i fell for it. $260 for nothing. too good to be true. they said they can sell it gurantee sell within a week or so. and put the thing in multiple website. which they really did and a week later no calls or anything. so stupid of me. now that i filed a claim in my credit card. i got my money back. months later they counter file stating that its in thier freaking policy that 24 hours only you can cancel and ask for refund. They fighting over a freaking $260 and they did nothinf i was so dumb for this. I hope karma will hit them.

• Ca
    Canada Mark Jul 28, 2015

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Just received a call today from “Paul”. He found my add on Autotrader. Said my bike was worth almost a thousand dollars more than what I am asking.
    I’m from Canada and thought it was a bit odd to be getting a call from the US for my bike. It was going to cost me over $300.00 to get this looked after. I told Paul “this sounds like a scam” Paul was very offended by my comment. I asked him to e-mail me some info about their so called company and I would check them out. Paul will be calling me back on this Friday to follow up. It won’t be a good day for him I can tell you that.
    Thank you all for taking the time to post your comments. Takes guts to help others once you have been violated .
    All of you have my respect and gratitude.

• Lo
    Lostafewhundred Jun 29, 2015

Hello I posted my car for sale in autotrader in Canada, they contacted me and guaranteed to list my car until it sold on over 20 American sites! It's a scam ... They will blame you for not having this or that in your ad... I have full description, videos, pictures, car has been on for months ... ! They have hosted their own website to post your car... Nobody even looks at those sites it know they even exist...
    You will never sell a car! I posted a fairly new car with only a few thousand miles on it and underpriced it... Not one offer or even a call! But they sure sound confident when they pitch it!
    It's their own unpopular sites that no body has ever heard of! Not like eBay, autotrader, etc... So I lost a few hundred dollars!
    P.S
    They blame YOU for not changing this or that in your ad incase you want to call the credit card company and reverse the charges! That way they say they are trying to do their part and YOU are not letting them!
    Ridicules changes back and forth!

• Ro
    Rosel1953 Jun 09, 2015

I agree completely. I hope someone else reads these complaints and do not use this company.
    I have a bus for sale and they listed it in the RV section ! Before they called me to get me to sign up and now I don't hear from anyone. I just threw my money out the window.. This is a big hoax... Don't fall for it!!

• Gl
    GlenB Jan 21, 2015

I was too late, the exact same thing happened to me. I had my Range Rover listed on Craigslist I got a call from Seller Networks, they caught me at a weak moment and fell for their scam. I immediately alerted my bank (BANK OF AMERICA), where they placed a conference call to Seller Networks. Seller Networks convinced the bank they are performing and doing as promised. I once again disputed the charge after much research, finding that is a scam and not receiving one call from their sites for weeks. I also found that the sites and stock number they provide are only to be found when you Google that stock number, otherwise the car cannot be found by searching the make and model. Anyway, as of 1/21/15, Bank of America reversed the charge and is in their favor. It’s all an elaborate scam. Not one call, websites they claim are the top websites are all owned by them and cannot be found on a search engine unless typing in the name of the company they created by them or associates. Because of their elaborate web of lies, Bank of America stood by them, not a loyal customer of theirs.

• Vi
    Vikas Jain951 Jan 07, 2015

thank you so much guys. I got a call from this company today asking $200 with 30 days guarantee to sell my car. they have changed their name to Seller Network now. They also told me my listing would be show up first on google and would be ranked higher than autoTrader ranking, if someone searches for a car with keywords for my car. This was sounding too good to be true so i asked them to call me back in sometime so that i can do some research. Thanks to this website, my intuition was right. I will not go forward with this company.

• Al
    aligentry Aug 27, 2014

Thank you so much, everyone!!! Because of this website and all the comments, I will not go use their "services" or lack of service. They called me today and I told them I'd give them a call back after a little research and discussion with my husband. They have changed a couple things. They told me 200 up front with all the same guarantees, they even said they have banks that work with them. I asked for a list and will be calling the bank to see if they actually deal with sellernetwork

hepi Aug 10, 2014

Hi Nicole and whoever was scammed:

I wrote my solution on November 2010, but I will repeat it so you can all get your money back from them.

Solution- I had the same problem. I was trying to get my money back
    for 1 1/2 years. I finally went online and put in a complaint with the
    Office of the Attorney General in the State of Arizona, and I finally
    got all my money back. Even the $99 that were supposed to be the
    guarantee and we could not get back, and even the $10 I paid to have
    everything notarized.
    So, see where they are doing business out of. At the time it was Arizona, but it may be another state now. and write a complaint to the Office of the Attorney General in that state. They will help you get everything back.
    I just don't understand how they can be in business for so long if it's obviously a scam. Doesn't anyone do anything about this? What good is the BBB?

MarieCT Aug 09, 2014

My husband received a call from these people and first thing I did is look at these reviews. THANK GOD I didn't fall for this. I can't believe these reviews go back so many years and they are still able to scam people like this and using the same tactics they have always used!

• Cl
    clareio2 Jul 04, 2014

Totally AGREE they are a SCAM company.

hepi May 18, 2014

Please read my email from November 9, 2010. I found the solution. They returned all of my money, even the $100 that they said I could not get back. I felt they needed to return all my money because they ARE A SCAM. Write to the office of the Attorney General in the State of Arizona. They will help you.

• Wa
    wayway May 16, 2014

I also was scammed. 4 months and not one call. Mine was under classic car seller network..no refund.

• Dr
    Drewster Jan 12, 2012

I was duped by them too, but they have changed their name to Vehicle Stars.

hepi Nov 09, 2010

Solution- I had the same problem. I was trying to get my money back for 1 1/2 years. I finally went online and put in a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General in the State of Arizona, and I finally got all my money back. Even the $99 that were supposed to be the guarantee and we could not get back, and even the $10 I paid to have everything notarized.

• Ca
    canoe73 Apr 08, 2010

I fell for this scam as well, but now they have a different name, I did a bit of research and found out that auto seller network is now auto marketing group.

Every detail about the pitch they make to get you to buy into the scam is the same. They told me that they could garanty my asking price and that they already had buyers available that were looking for my vehicle. The guy said he would be surprised if my vehicle wouldn't sell in a few weeks. he also said that if by chance my vehicle didn't sell in 90 days that they would refund me most of my payment ($399). The intial payment was $399 for advertising and a second payment of $99 as a garanty.

Please do not fall for this scam, I am currently trying to recoup monies through my credit card company, when I have an update I will post it here.

• Dj
    DJ Meyer Feb 20, 2010

After jumping through all the required hoops for a refund, I have yet to receive any response from ASN. I also tried to go through my cc company without initial success. I've seen one posting indicating that American Express backed their client with the refund. Has anyone else had any luck through their cc company? Also anyone had any luck recently with this dirtbag company honoring their return policy?

• Ki
    Kill ASN Feb 05, 2010

Can we all file a class action lawsuit against these gypsies? I was duped into this and will not be making the same mistake twice. The physical location is apparently in Richmond hill, Toronto. Everyone in there should be burnt alive, shot and pissed on.
    I searched long and hard for complaint on them on the internet, and thought it was fairly reasonable, so they must have launched their blitzkrieg of bull*SH*T within the last couple of months.

• Bu
    Bubba1648 Feb 02, 2010

This has to be one of the biggest scams I have ever heard of. They sucker you in saying they are "the be all to end all" when it comes to selling your vehicle for you, but do absolutely nothing. The ad never ended up in the places they state it will, and the places it was advertised were only American sites. I am trying to sell a vehicle in Canada, why would I give a rats a%$ if they advertise it in the USA? Nobody is going to cross the border and buy a vehicle in Canada. The exchange doesn't make sense for that to happen. Besides that, my vehicle was under manufacturer warranty. As far as I know, warranties on vehicles are not transfered across the border. When you have a question in regards to why they are not fulfilling their part of the bargain, they blame another department and promise to get it rectified as soon as possible. And once they do repair the problem, a representative will call you to make sure you are happy. They do not fix the problem and they definitely do not call you to make sure you are happy. I did not receive one call from them or their potential clients in the time it was listed. Do you want to know the real kicker in this train wreck of a company? I WAS CALLED AGAIN BY ONE OF THEIR OWN STAFF TRYING TO GET ME TO SIGN UP FOR THEIR SERVICE. I WAS ALREADY A MEMBER AND THEY DON'T HAVE THE BRAINS OR THE ORGANIZATION TO MAKE SURE THEY DON'T TRY TO ENROLL A PRESENT CLIENT ON THE SAME VEHICLE? HOW DAFT CAN YOU BE? That is like having your bank call you up one day and trying to get you to transfer your mortgage to their branch when you already do your banking and pay your mortgage payments to them. I am sure everyone reading this knows not to use this company and their so called service. Be warned. Never give this company your credit card info. You will be ripped off and they have no intention of returning your money, even with the protection plan.
    RUN. RUN AWAY FROM THE AUTO-SELLERS NETWORK AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

• Sc
    ScammedBad Jan 15, 2010

Autosellernetwork.com is BIG scam. Stephanie called me, she said shes calling me from Richmond Hill. After all the bla bla happened, I went to see their office and guess what? IT DOES NOT EXISTS. Its a mail box number and why its not a P.O.BOX address, its because they use courier address which is like a real address. I can't believe how they are still operating and police, government nobody is doing anything. Stay away from these suckers.

The person who processed the transaction was called Dallas and the lady who keeps giving you story everytime you call to get your money is Melanie. I hope they go to jail for life. Some one should do something about it. Government shouldn't allow these types of people to operate. I'm very surprized that they haven't done anything and don't do anything.

Wish you are dead soon AutoSeller!

• Jk
    jk22600 Dec 30, 2009

I too got caught in this scam, i was trying to sell my car and Tami De Woods kept calling me saying how good and quick they can sell my car. Well not only did they not sell my car I did not even get a phone call from any prospective people about my car through them. I knew that this was all a hoax and I am so mad at myself for falling for it. It has been since Aug 24 since I have sent in my refund form and still nothing. I have also called numerous times and they keep brushing me off. Anyone have any luck going to the next level with these scammers.

• Co
    coolmszone Dec 16, 2009

Well here comes the real truth, I think auto seller network is a scam, theres alot of ### that is hidden in all of this. They called me and made me the offer to sell my girlfriends car, and I went with it. Every 3-4 weeks I would bring the price of the car down, because as they say, they want you to bargain your price you are selling it for. In the end, 3 months passed and it was do for them to refund me. I got all the refund forms and papers I needed and had to do this in a hurry, because all of this hast to be done within 2 weeks the add is finished, and I did so. My lawyer went thru all the papers, made a copy of all the papers I was sending, and he put in the stamp and filled out the form that a lawyer is supposed to fill it out. I sent it by mail, kept my receipt for the mail. Gave them a call 2 weeks later, they said they received it and bla bla, then they say "oh well its a little bit of a slow time because of the recession bla bla ###..." ... I call again a month later, "Your currently on waiting list for refund approval" ... Call another month later "You need to make an appointment for a refund request"... Called 2 weeks later "Okay you have been approved for a refund, its no longer a question of 'if', its a question of 'when' they say..."... Called back a month later " Your cheque is to be sent out on november 27th" they said... it is today december 16th, I havent received it yet, planning on calling them soon, takes quite a while to ship a cheque by mail from Toronto to Ottawa... But no worries, this business is in Toronto, my lawyer has seen all my papers, all photocopied, I have my receipts, and all my phone calls were recorded with employee names and agent # for those who had it, if I dont get my money, I am nailing them...

Stupid scammers thing they smart...

salimahkassam Dec 10, 2009

Autoseller promised me in writing, a refund of 300 if they counld not sell my car. It has been 6 months since my contract ended and I send in the ### paperwork (which cost me $$ because autoseller insists on registered mail and paperwork signed by a notary) and I have not recieved my refund to this day. I have called, gotten the run around and wasted countless hours trying to get my money back.

• Js
    jstatus Dec 04, 2009

I'm SOOO glad I found this when I did. I was seriously considering it and as a matter of fact have a call with "Kyle" tonight at six. I'm going to act like everything is alright and then stop him and ask, "I really like what you're offering, but do you realize that if I knew where you live I would k*** you in your sleep because I know you're trying to scam me." I'll let him respond and he'll likely either hang up or not have anything to say. At that point I'll say, "Go f*** yourself. What goes around comes around." and hang up. To believe I almost lost all that money.

• Bu
    burtfurt Nov 30, 2009

I too was almost scammed. Some Indian called 4 days ago. The phone number came up 1142. Today their number came up as restricted.
    The guy's name was Jack Goodrich.I told him to call me back in an hour, he stubbornly refused. I told was going to get my credit card, I never did & he hung up ON ME.hahaha
    I will see if he calls tomorrow.
    Thanks to all for their warnings.

• Be
    Ben982 Nov 27, 2009

This is an absolute SCAM, go and put their address from Arizona into Google Maps. It will come up, and then switch to satellite view. Its in a tiny stripmall along with Kung Fu Academy, a golf store, fitness exchange, and the UPS Store, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. They try and tell you they are some huge company who sells THOUSANDS of cars, yet they are in a inner city stripmall. I'm sure its fake, but they could have at least put it in a office building or a business park to be believable. They called me again today and i told the guy im going to need his full name and drivers license # so i can make sure he is real and this is legitimate, that ended the conversation. He didnt have a very good explanation for why when i type their name into Google, it tries to autocomplete it with "scam" at the end, ahahhahahahaaha.

• K8
    _K8_ Nov 27, 2009

Auto Seller Network is NOT accredited with BBB in Canada nor USA.

Canada: "On October 21, 2009 the accreditation was suspended due to failure to eliminate the underlying cause of complaints on file with the BBB. The matter will be reviewed by the BBB's Board of Directors at its next meeting.

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of NR .

Reasons for this rating include:
    This business has no rating at this time because its rating is being reviewed and/or updated." http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/auto-dealers-used-cars/auto-seller-network-in-richmond-hill-on-1188230#accreditation

USA: "This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.

On November 23, 2009 this company's BBB Accreditation was suspended due to one unresolved complaint on file, failure to respond to one or more customer complaints, failure to fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable jurisdictions and failure to eliminate the underlying cause of customer complaints identified by BBB. The matter will be reviewed by the BBB Board of Directors at its next meeting on December 19, 2009.

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F. Reasons for this F rating include:

* 71 complaints filed against business
    * Failure to respond to 17 complaints filed against business
    * 1 complaint filed against business that were not resolved" http://www.bbb.org/central-northern-western-arizona/business-reviews/advertising-directory-and-guide/auto-seller-network-in-phoenix-az-1000003139/

• Oh
    ohionicole Nov 18, 2009

The Better Business Bureau reliability report for Auto Seller Network states:
    On October 21, 2009 the BBB accreditation was suspended due to failure to eliminate the underlying cause of complaints on file with the BBB.
    BBB processed a total of 19 complaints about this company in the last 36 months (their standard reporting period).

heehaw Nov 18, 2009

Yeah these guys are scammers. I tell them instead of paying me the full price for my car pay me everything first minus the $400 or whatever it is and charge it to their client who is apprently ready to buy the car right now. This way they get their money and their client doen't have to pay over my askign price. To make long story short, they usually don't have an answer for this and will bring up the BBB as if BBB is god's word. Any way...Beware

• Dl
    D.LILA Nov 17, 2009

Add me to the list of idiots who fell for this scam and have been trying to cancel the transaction and get a refund since 5 minutes after I agreed to it; I sent an email within 5 minutes asked to cancel and they said that was not acceptable!!!...When I call they are conveniently not available. I am currently disputing the charge with my bank and in the process of filing complaints with the BBB and the FBI and the Internet Crime Fraud Div., since the internet is where they got the information to contact me. Wish I had read all these complaints BEFORE I did it. Changed my info so they cannot charge me any more. How do these con men get away with it????? SOMEBODY HAS TO STOP THEM! This little old lady intends to put up a hell of a fight! D.Lila in Alabama

• Pe
    peniswithglasses Nov 13, 2009

Auto Seller Network is such a scam. You know you are dealing with ### when they get upset for refusing their services.They offered me $24, 000 for a 2002 Dodge Dakota R/T, which was two thousand more than what I was asking...weird! The BBB website for Ontario, Canada said i should call the company first. Thought it was their job to weed out these ### SUCKING TELEMARKETERS. Get a real job you ###s!

• Ep
    EPluribusUnum Nov 10, 2009

I've had them call me several times over the past 3 weeks about my '99 Plymouth Prowler which is on Craig's List and Autotrader.com.

The guy:

John
    Finance Manager
    Auto Seller Network
    [protected]

actually sent me an email... considering this "offer" was sent to me via email... it's now a federal case if I wanted to make it so as it was sent electronically to me. I mean, come on... not even a last name?

As a warning to others... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give out your credit card information to anyone CALLING YOU that you haven't initiated a conversation with. You don't have a clue who is really on the other side of the phone asking for your information. Unless you contact someone first hand, you're setting yourself up for major issues.

Thanks to whomever initially posted this out here for others to find. Pass it along to anyone you know that might be putting their cars up for sale on Craig's List or Autotrader.com.

• Ae
    AESC Oct 26, 2009

Oh my! Thank you all for taking the time to write all of the comments. I got a call today from a Michelle Jones telling me that tomorrow her boss will call me to make me "an offer I can't refuse". She gave the same BS as was given to you all. I will let them talk and then let them have it with a two by four!

Again, thank you all - You saved me