Athena Diagnostics IncInvoice Scam

M

Lab work done on my child in January 2012 wasn't invoiced to me until December 2013. By this time, the claim was out of network and of course I cannot use any Medical Flexible Spending account. As a result, the routine blood work which normally costs $90 was billed at the companies inflated rate of $2, 075. Without a phone call they realized what happened and credited my account $311 - which left me with a $1, 700 invoice! No matter what level of management spoken, everyone understood the problem but told me there is nothing we can do (which is totally false since the margin on such a test is roughly 1200%).

• Li
    Liz From CT Mar 18, 2016

I recently received a bill from Athena for $1500 for blood work that was sent from Quest to Athena without my permission. Turns out Quest now owns Athena. Total scam. They send lab work to an out of network lab under their own umbrella when the patient believes they are using an in network lab.