Astar TravelFraud and cheating company!

On friday, the 30th of november I received a phone call, telling me that I won a trip to florida for 4 peoples to go to disney land with a cruise (I don't remember all the details of the cruise). They told me that the total cost is normally $5000 but I will only have to pay $998 If I which to accept this wonderful trip. They told me they will send me the tickets within 10 or 15 days, that I have 18 months to choose the date of my trip but I just have to advise them 45 days before the trip. Then they asked me the detail of my credit card for security but I refuse to give them the numbers at the back of my credit card.

On monday the 3rd I saw an e mail confirmation (sent on the 1st of december) telling: thank you for your purchase! see under their exact answer:

Purchase Information
You have authorized the following to billed to the provided credit card.
Date: 11/30/2007 1:51:09 PM
Credit Card: ****************
Approval #: [protected]
Amount Billed: 998.00
You have purchased our ACT62-998 package.

On first: I never made any purchase, they phoned me to tell me that I won a trip.
On second: I never gave them all my credit card details.
On third: If they could took $998 on my bank account it means they have been searching to find out the details on the back of my credit card. How do you call this???

Fortunately, I phoned to my bank on friday night to ask them If it was dangerous that I gave the details on the front of my credit card. They told me that the best to do was to block my credit card, and this is what I did straight away. I will have more informations tomorrow and if they tried to take $998.00 on my bank account I will bring an action against astar.

Sarah Champlin Dec 12, 2007

They do not necessarily need the information on the back of your card. Those numbers on the back of the card are used for security reasons. Also, they can use 000 as a default number, and allow the transaction to go through.

Always remember the rule:

If it sounds too good to be true, then it IS too good to be true.

Sarah Dec 30, 2007

The same thing happened to my boyfriend 1 month ago!
    But they have sent us an Vacation Planning Kit, but i´ve a bad feelings about it!
    We lives in Sweden and they say that we must bye our ticket to florida by ourselfs.
    What to do?
    Best Regards
    Sarah

martin Mar 20, 2008

Has any one out there availed of an Astar travel package to Disney and the cruise. If yes what was your experience of the trip. Was it value for money? Let us know.

• He
    Heli May 14, 2008

Hello.
    I was called just before easter and I was told that I had won a travel package to Fort Lauderdale and Bahamas for four persons. The same information as the other have got about payment by VISA and price 998 US dollars...
    I live in Finland.
    Do I dare to by this trip or not? Have someone been there by Astar Travel?
    For my ears marketing was very aggressiv.
    I hope to here from other and your experiences.
    Heli

• Fi
    Fitz Jun 16, 2008

I got that call today and if money is missing from my account i am goin to take full legal action against that company as well. These ppl should stop these acts immediately.

• Ks
    ksdh Jul 22, 2008

Hello
    I would like to bring to your notice that i was contacted by this company -ASTAR sometime mid june 18-19th. They told me that i had won a trip to Orlando, Bahamas cruise...etc etc and that it was the best bargain available etc etc.. Then they were onto me for nearly 1.5 hrs and got me to pay $1000 (appx) from my credit card. At this point i was thinking that everything was paid for, but later got to know that i had to pay for my flights. Thats fine, i was ok with that as well. But then as time progressed, i was told that i would have to pay hotel; taxes as well which came as a surprise. Then once i had paid the money, i got my vouchers on 7th July or so. After going through my vouchers i decided that i dont want the package and then i was told that the cooling off period was only 10days and that i would not get my money back. I mean how can you cool off even before i get to see the vouchers. I have been ringing them since then to return my money. I have spend a fortune on international calls and my peace of mind has just vanished, sometimes i even get nightmares. Its not easy to earn money here and i also have a loan. I also got married 3 months ago and my wife does not work. I have been totally ripped off by ASTAR and they refuse to give me any compensation, let alone my money that i paid.
    I dont live in US and have never been there either, so i dont know the policies of these companies. But i am not stupid and these people have taken us for granted. This company got us to pay this amount, and say that the cool off period is 10 days when the tickets reach us only in 21 days, so without seeing anything, how can one decide.I agree that it would be a waste of effort for them but since there are no bookings done yet, they should rteturn one's money within the first 45 days or so. I can just say that companies like these are like Mafias.

• Ri
    Richard Aug 09, 2008

Astar Travel is really a ripoff, I never gave them my information ot the back of my card but they still billed me $499 for a trip to Orlando, I called and asked for a refund on many ocasions but up to this time I have not been refunded.

anonymous Aug 29, 2008

Yes, companies like ASTAR are a total RIPOFF. They play on peoples emotions, and with calls to Europe, they use the language barrier to their advantage. This trip is no bargain at all. Your accommodations are only for 2 people! Sure, you can take 4 people, but you will need to try to squeeze them all into only one room! Most people decline the cruise option; after all, paying the departure fees and port taxes IS paying for the entire cruise, which, by the way, is for ONLY TWO PEOPLE! Hey but just for you, they will add an extra 3 days and 2 nights in Las Vegas! You just need to spend another boat-load of money to get yourself there. Are you getting the idea yet? Your "small promotional fee" is going to turn into thousands of dollars for plane tickets, room taxes, port fees, and on and on. Most people never use these trips. It winds up being 100% pure profit for companies like ASTAR Travel.

If you have been robbed by companies like ASTAR you need to investigate and find out what your rights are. Realize ONE MAIN THING here. Companies like ASTAR are breaking the laws of the USA, and the State of Florida! They do not want you making alot of noise and drawing a bunch of attention to them. So, remember one thing here; "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!" So make some noise. Email ASTAR and let them know that you are not going away until you get your money back. Send correspondence to officials in the State of Florida, and Government officials of The City of Tampa, Florida.

According to the laws in Florida governing sellers of travel, you are supposed to be sent a WRITTEN COPY OF THE RECORDING AUTHORIZING THE CHARGE TO YOUR CREDIT CARD. Did any of you get this? Of course not! Why? Because ASTAR is breaking the law and they don't want you knowing your rights. YOU ALSO HAVE A RIGHT TO A FULL REFUND WITHIN 30 DAYS! YES, 30 days, but ASTAR will lie and tell you it is only 10 days.

VERY, VERY, IMPORTANT, READ THIS...

As soon as you realize you have been ripped off, CALL YOUR BANK!!! Did you get that last part? I said, CALL YOUR BANK! Yes, call your bank and DISPUTE THE CHARGE on your Visa or MasterCard. Tell the bank you were scammed. Tell them you did not receive a WRITTEN COPY OF THE RECORDING AUTHORIZING THE CHARGE TO YOUR CREDIT CARD. Any reputable Bank will have the authority to reverse the charge to your credit card, sometimes even several months after the charge.(This is known as a CHARGEBACK) I WILL SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST!!! Thieves like ASTAR TRAVEL can not stay in business without a Merchant Account. What is that you ask? A merchant account is what allows them to charge services to your credit card. Without a merchant account, ASTAR Travel is out of business. Every time a Bank reverses a charge to a credit card, IT COSTS ASTAR A FEE, and it issues a strike against their merchant account! Too many strikes, they lose their merchant account, and they are no longer authorized to take payments by Visa or MasterCard! Then they would be out of business.

How do I know these things? I WORKED AT ASTAR! I didn't know it was a scam when I started working for them, but I am not stupid. Last but not least, I would like to sincerely apologize for anyone out there that I may have hurt when I worked for ASTAR. I hope something I have said here might help some of you to get your money back. Remember, don't give up. You can get your money back, sometimes even several months later. Good luck!

Anonymous, Tampa, Florida

• Lo
    Louise Thom Oct 17, 2008

I have been phoned on 5 occassions telling me id been sponsered, not won, a trip for 4 people to the usa for 14 days..same places everyone else has said and the dates were open.
    The last call i recieved the man said to check the website..and said "if we were a rip off company then google would ban us from using the net to advertise, and i totally understand your concern, cos ive been frauded before".
    I found it all quite believable til i checked them out and found all these complaints!!!
    The guy said he'd phone me tomorrow..so I will be telling them to get to [censored]

• Ka
    Karen Nov 02, 2008

I recieved a call from astarnow yesterday morning at 7 35am stating that i had been picked from computer for a holiday in the bahamas for 4 people 2 weeks all expenses paid at the all in 1 cost of 998 dollars new zealand money i gave them my credit card details but will double confirm incase i wanted to cancel with which i cancelled after they told me that i had to pay for my own flights by that time it was 8am they hung up on me so i rang my credit card fraud office who said i was unable to do anything at this stage and that was in the space of 5 minutes nothing could be done till after the statement comes however they took out maximum money that was in my card which was more than they were suppose to amount 1700 and i couldnt do anything about it this is very upsetting i will update with more after my statement comes

• Ha
    Hailegabriel Nov 13, 2008

I was just looking for more detailed infor about astar after they called me tonight. I was told the same story above... that I have been picked up for a discount travel to Orlando, Bahamas, Las Vegas...And, they asked me for a visa card or master card which fortunately I did not have. Instead, I gave them the details of my friends visa card. He was later concerned about the details I have given them. We checked if they are not fake. We googled and found out their website but no details about the travel package they are calling me for. Amidst this I looked for comments concerning them and found the comments above. I am now more informed about how they do it and how I should take care of it. MY friend has not got that much money and the have not yet drawn out a penny. But I am sure they will if there is some big money in his account. I will tell him to handle the situation with his bank. Thanks a lot people. I will be back if there are new developments on my engagement with astar travel

Chris Nielsen Dec 27, 2008

I have had ecactly the same thing - the phone call in the middle of the night with all sorts of fantastic offers and a repeated demand that I give my credit card nos. I didn't give any numbers and so far have had no debit, but if you look around the web they are definitely a scam. I live in South Africa and fortunately we are well aware of all sorts of scams here involving credit cards and so we don't give the numbers to anyone! Watch out.

• Gi
    Gidget Jan 22, 2009

WOW .. I got THIS phone call this morning and am SO glad that I didn't give my credit card details to them.

I said that I was happy to receive the information and if we wanted to go ahead would ring them back with our credit card details. After 10 mins of intense pressure for me to give them my details today and me refusing, they hung up!

Good luck guys with this one!

• Ly
    Lynne Brierley Feb 13, 2009

Yes, I was succered into buying this so called 'Free' holiday to Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, Bahama cruise etc. Rather than lose all my money I have just booked the Orlando and Ft Lauderdale section. I am waiting for confirmation of where we will be staying. I did get the dates I asked for, but we then had to pay the insurance on the 'free' hire car, told we had to attend ANOTHER 'hard sell' meeting in Ft Lauderdale (when we first accepted it was just in Orlando) or we would have to pay for our hotels! What a total rip off these guys are - they shouldn't be allowed to trade. BEWARE nothing is free! I've now been 'bitten' but they won't get away with it with any of my friends or family. I'm thinking of publishing something on Facebook to let everyone know what they are!

• Na
    naoimh Apr 01, 2009

I too have recieved a call from this company last week. they told me i won an all expense paid trip for 2 to florida and a bahamas cruise for the small price of $998.00 and i would have to pay for the flights myself. Being only 21 i was so exited about this win and the prospect of a free holiday that i choose to accept it without thinking. they asked me for my credit card details which i hesitated in doing. they reasured me that they would only take out a small portion af the price at first and that it was all secure. in the end the payment didnt go throught as my bill was not yet paid and the account was empty. they said to call back within 90 days to claim my prize when i had the money to pay the small fee to recieve prize. after they hung up i recieved a phone call from my bank sayin there had been unusual activity on my visa account. astar had tried to take out the full $998.00. thats over twice the limit on my card! this really anoyed me. i have not yet paid my bill and am not goin to do so untill i cancel my card. after reading the rest of the complaintes on this page i now realise how much of a scam this is. i was so exited about it and told my friends and now its going to be embarrising telling them it was a scam! i wont let this happen to me or anyone i no again.

• Fr
    Fran/Australia Apr 08, 2009

I cann0t find an e-mail address for ASTAR on any of the vouchers etc. that they sent me. Can someone tell me what it is please? Fran/Australia

• Ky
    kylie81 Apr 13, 2009

Thankyou so much for every one who posted their concerns, the company called me the other day with the same details except one person said id won a trip for two the next said it was for 4 people they said the only cost i would have to pay is $998 US and i thought it was legitimate because they gave me all their details so i gave them my card details but seeing as though there was insufficient funds they said they would call back in 90 days i will be telling them to take a hike and am calling my bank.
    How can people be so cruel and deceitful?
    kylie australia

• Va
    Vaughan Apr 17, 2009

I've just been targeted by the same scam today.
    Vaughan
    New Zealand

• Ve
    Venus Apr 22, 2009

I live in Canada got a call from "Radisson Hotels" saying they are conducting a travel survey, and have a couple questions. They asked where my last vacation had been, estimated cost of the trip, when was the last time I travelled, and which credit card company I prefer to use for travel. I did NOT and would not give any numbers or details and they didn't ask for them, it was just a Visa or Mastercard, etc. question.

I thought it seemed a rather vague travel survey, which suggested fraud to me. They verified my mailing address and email, stating that they will be entering all people who do the survey to win a trip, and I will only be contacted if we were to win the trip. The person on the phone gave her name, employee number, and a verification number that I will need if I were to be the winner of the trip. Then she gave me the website www.astarfun.com to look at as that is the trip everyone who does the survey is entered to win.

FRAUD! No way they will get any kind of personal information or credit card information from me. I wouldn't give that to anyone that contacts ME saying I "won" something, because it's always fraud. they make it all sound official so you fall for it, it's all they do and can be good at it. I have "won" a trip before, same company called many times, and hung up when I refused any kind of credit card information. there are scams everywhere people. You want a good deal on travel, see a legitimate and reputable travel agent to get you the best legitimate deal. Companies don't just phone people up and give them a free trip without a catch. Good luck to all of you trying to get your money back.

• Mi
    Michael May 07, 2009

hello i am from New Zealand and about 4 years ago i clicked on a pop-up saying i had won a trip to the bahamas. now yesterday i got a call from astar travel from the US saying i should claim my prize. and they asked for my credit card. i didnt give them one because now i knew it was a scam. i then hung up and they havent rung up again. but this shows they are still sending calls out to other countries outside of the US.

• Zi
    ZIMBO May 21, 2009

on the 16th of may i clicked on a pop up saying i won a trip to bahamas generally i thought this could be okay and filled out my details just name eamil phone etc my husband though to ggod to be true, i thought Thank you GOD!! but at the back of my mind i thought i will wait it may be legitimate. just yesterday i got the call 21 may 2009 a lady congradulated me say ing it was not a loto or a prize but a promotional offer and they pay 85 % of the holiday all i pay was 998.00 towards the accomodation etc and to secure the tickes, but went on to say i have to pay for the tickets but they will help us with the tickets and pay 50% all i had to do was advise them 45 days before the trip and spend 30 min of our time to describe our hoiday! i went through what she called (at this point I did not remember her obvioulsy false name) the travel cordinator he confirmed all agin to me gave me their addressses and phone numbers he gave me his full name he then put me through international security to confirm my visa card details and have a recording of the package that was to be sent to me i hestitated many time when he asked for the card details we spent 30 min on the phone i prayed vert hard that i would not be a victim of a scam and trusted God gave my number then he asked for the back numbers oh boy was i shaking at this point... thinking back i should have followed my instints BUT I GAVE IT TO THEM!!! the amounts came out my bank straight away what they didnt say was that it was 998.00 US dollars only after the transaction i confirmed the amount that came out and he said no that was us is was 1304.00 aus dollars by now I was shoking. he said i would have alll in the post 14 - 21 working days. I then got on the net cause at first the free cal number [protected] did not get through an was absolutley shattered when i seen all the scam reports quickly tried to phone back then i tried the VIP no [protected] got through to reception and even he knew about the package and tried to convince me it was not a scam i gave a false name but i got another email address out of him. NOW WHAT DO I DO??? i am worried Stop the visa card insist on a refund... will i get it?? these people have no shame and prey on defensless people we have nothing not even resident yet from Zimbabwe yes where it took us years to get out and even affort the tickets be are battling and i thought this holiday was God sent and he would give us a break...HAS ANY ONE EVER REALLY BEEN ON THIS HOLIDAY AT ALL PLEASE POST COMMENTS?????

X ZIMBABWEAN
    Australia

• Da
    Danko - Denmark Jun 05, 2009

For month or little more I had too some pop up saying I won a thing or something. I cancled that before giving any creditcard info about my self. A few weeks later (06 of may) they call me too, and.. (wel you know the story) they scamed me too. I was fool who didn't get the whole ting be controled first.
    I wasn't aware that the whole thing was scam. Now after seeing all this complaints I understend that the whole company are the worst SCAM on EARTH! Mine 998$ are gone and they didn't refound them yet.
    I did call to them and allways another lie.
    First was that thay can't refound because they had send tickets to me, after few more calls lady in customer service making promisse to refound. I just need to call them again when I get ticket and confirm tha I don't won't the package.
    I found e-mail: [protected]@astar.cc and tryed to write to them but offcorse negative mail back that they can't refound via mail. I called them again again and lady at this point telling another story (like sel your tickets on e-bay or something) and that they can't refound because they don't refound the money!
    We came on deal that I should return tickets and get my money back (but guess if that isn't just one more delay of those 30 days possible refound). I returned tickets but stil nothing from ASTAR!
    BE AWARE OF ASTAR TRAVEL! don't ever even talk to them! (somebody should make FB-group and tell the world about this ###!)

Their email doesn't work either all the time! You can count to get mail undelivered with message:
    "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification
    Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
    [protected]@astar.cc
    Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 User unknown (state 14)."

At the end:
    [The worst thing is my bank NORDEA, because I did informed them about I was fooled and I have emptied my account I blocked my credit card and bank still has token money from my other account (5 days later) and covered this even that they have been warned and informed!! Shame on you NORDEA!] People control if you have bank which understand what that means to block "ANY PAYMENT FROM ASTAR"! or other such alaike companies..

//Danko DENMARK!

sandra Jun 11, 2009

I to brought this package them cancelled it a couple of days later, that was on the 9th of april and they said it would take up to 30 days after the 30 days i rang them and they said there a lot of peple still waiting that had brought the package well before me ad to just wait to it was my turn. i rang my bank and put a complant in with the florida people. I rang nearly every second days she would say i will make you the next in lline and that she could only do 3 people a day and that she the money would be in my bank on the tuesday last week but no money so i rang again and got steve he was a rude pig.. and he said he would pass the message on and i would get a phone call (no call) so i rang the next day and got the girl she said she would do it some time the following week it would be my turn. Today is Friday and GUESS WHAT MONEY IN THE BANK MINUS THE 125 DUE TO MONEY CONVERSION BUT ITS BACK... NEVER WILL I DO THIS AGAIN .

Christine Jun 12, 2009

I was called this morning with the same story of winning a holiday and as I had been woken I was not thinking straight but was very excited. I gave my credit card details but luckily there was insufficient funds. I am going to contact my bank as I am worried they might take smaller amounts out once I have paid my account.
    It did seem to good to be true

• Fr
    Fra Jun 18, 2009

Got a similar call yesterday evening at 10pm (FYI, I live in Belgium) from ASTAR... Thank God I did not give my credit card details (although to tell the truth they seemed to have them! And only God knows how...). Same story as the others... they put me through two different people and kept me on the phone for almost one hour trying to convince me that this was the opportunity of my life! Fortunately, when I realized that there were too many things unclear and most of all when they were very vague about the cancellation policy I asked for, I told them I was not going to accept any offer without receiving something written, with all the details of the package (what was included and what not) and the cancellation policy. The guy on the phone was very insisting and eventually I was annoyed. Immediately after I hanged up, worried about the fact they had my credit card number, I immediately blocked it and this morning I called Visa to be sure no transaction was done by them... and fortunately there wasn't any! =) By the way, they did send me the email but of course no cancellation policy was there and not even the details of the package... If they think I was going to accept that offer, they are crazy! Be careful and spread the voice around as much as you can! This is a fraude!

Joeds Jul 28, 2009

I am in Australia and this happened to me just this week, I am a single mother and the money they took was my rent money, when I told them they had no authority to take the money out they got stroppy and said they would reverse it. Whilst I received a cancellation letter by email, they still took my money. This is disgusting, and how do I pay my rent now.

• Ia
    Ian Harvey Jul 28, 2009

Absloute fraud.
    He is going to phone me back and get an ear full from me. ### company as far as I am concerned.
    Always be wary of high pressure sales people offering you unbelievable deals. Never give your credit card details over the phone to anyone without a thorough check first.
    Irate New Zealander!!!

• Kw
    K Walker Aug 14, 2009

As with several other of your complainants regarding Astar Travel in Tampa, I too had my credit card debited without my consent and have been fighting for over a year to get a refund from them without any success. Having contacted a friend in the US who is an Attourney, he wrote to them and has not had the courtesy of a response - and neither have I. Having reviewed his charges to act for me, I decided that it was not economic for me to pursue it and had put it down to experience.
    However, last evening Astar had the balls to contact me again and try the same scam again. Needless to say the caller was told his fortune in basic anglo saxon wording and he then hung up.
    All I can say is that I got caught, it won't happen again but if you have had dealings with them, don't be suprised if they try it again.

• Pa
    Pairat sirikige Sep 11, 2009

I try to confirm my travel none of travel agency accept, I don't understand why.
    please give me advise or easy way just refund my money.
    Regards
    Pairat
    email [protected]@xtra.co.nz

• Da
    Danko - Denmark Sep 12, 2009

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=99938564328 ASTAR Travel - Be AWARE Of!

FaceBook group trying to collect all helpfull information to all who may needed it, please join.

@Pairat sirikige
    If you did gave you credit card info than you have 30 days by Floridas law to complain and cancel the travel and get your money back!!
    So hurry to:
    1. give a call to your bank (they can make drawback and get your money even a few months later),
    2. call ASTAR and cancel travel [protected], v
    3. isit www.ripoffrevenge.com and make online complain,
    4. visit http://app1.800helpfla.com/cswebcomplaints/FileComplaint.aspx and fill out complain (http://www.800helpfla.com/complnt.html),
    5. visit https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ and fill out complain: http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/onestop/forms/10000.pdf

• Wi
    Winny Sep 24, 2009

I got their call last February 2009. Was excited to have 'won' something. Live in the Netherlands, but travel to the States alot. Descided to go along since I could use the vouchers anytime for the next 1, 5 year. And I liked the idea of taking a cruise soon very much...

Paid $500 for the " 7 days in Orlando/3 days Fort Lauderdale/economy car/ 3 days Las Vegas/ cruise Bahamas-trip" because that was the limit on that creditcard. I would pay the other half later that month after I had received the vouchers. I wanted to see more details. My English is quit good, but I wanted to read something on paper to really know what the deal was about.

When I received the vouchers a few weeks later by mail, I was very dissapointed with the limited information on it and I also thought it looked quit unprofessional. I noticed all the extra cost for the trip, especially for the cruise and I descided that I wanted to cancel my trip. That wasn't possible and they tried to convince me that it was a very good deal they where offering. I dissagreed.

I asked for the manager, she came on the phone and she tried to convince me too, but I said no, this is not the trip I'd hoped for. She descided to wave the other $ 500 on my account and still offered me this trip, because I was so dissapointed. I asked her to send me an e-mail with that statement and she did a few days later.

Last June I descided to use my voucher for October (next month). After sending them e-mails, calling them, them calling and e-mailing me back, scanning the vouchers, waiting for confirmations...it took me almost four months to get the final confirmations on the hotels, the carrental and the appointments for the timesharing-part (they where always very open about that part).

This week I send them an e-mail with my complaints about the way they do business. Very unprofessional and doubtful. The final confirmation was full of spellingerrors, even the hotelname was spelled wrong. For a second I thought that it really was a scam with fake hotelnames and no adresses...

Yesterday, I contacted the Welcome Center of the Timeshare-company where I will get my hotelvouchers etc. At first they'd never heard of Astar, but when he looked up my name etc he found my reservations and confirmed it by mail within a few minutes. WITH the right spelling, hotelnames and their adresses etc.

So, even though I have yet to go to Orlando in about 3 weeks I feel more comfortable after getting in contact with the Timeshare-company and soon with the hotels to confirm my reservation with them too.

Astar can kiss my $%^&*, they are really very slow, vage and very unprofessional.

Not everyone is as pushy as I am, after all I got this deal for half the price. Maybe I am one of the few people that actually will use the vouchers. I think many don't even want to go that far with this company, and I completely understand and see why...

So for everybody that even thinks about doing business with them and is still not convinced after reading all these complaints on the internet... DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ASTAR, cause they will give you a headache!!!

Wish me a wonderfull holiday/wedding/honeymoon ;-)

Winny
    The Netherlands

• Ni
    niki85 Oct 16, 2009

Same happened to me, I received travel plan and some tickets from them!! but I1m wondering did anyone get his/her money back?
    could someone please tell me what should I do to get the money back?

• Wi
    Winny Oct 31, 2009

I (Winny) am back from a wonderful time in Orlando (my first story is two posts up).
    Everything was well taken care of.

We stayed in a wonderful resort in Kissimee (Fantasy World II) had a excellent service at the carcompany (Enterprise) and also the second resort at Smyrna Beach was very nice (Ocean Trillium Suites, a bit dated, but our appartment was right at the beach with a wonderful view over the ocean from the balcony).

So even though the way to get there with Astar was awful, our stay was wonderful.

Still have two nights in Las Vegas and a Baham cruise left from the package...we'll see if and when we will use that part of our deal.

We only had to pay for the taxes at the resorts and carrental and that was ok (6 nights resort 1 for $35, week car for $50 and another 2 nights resort 2 for $15).

Don't know how to get your money back, they didn't gave mine back either when I wanted to cancel the deal. Our 'luck' was that we paid only $500 instead of $1000 because of the limit on my creditcard at that moment, and they waived the other $500 for me after I complained about the package.

Like I stated before: I WOULD NEVERRRRRR RECOMMENT ASTAR TO ANYONE, cause they are a pain in the butt, but once you've bought a package...dont put your energy in getting your money back...instead go for the trip and enjoy your holiday! You bought it...use it! and make it any penny worth!

Winny
    The Netherlands

Jo.h Nov 02, 2009

Hi all. OMG- I have put myself in the [censored]. I gave my credit card number out to these guys cause the sounded so real. I'm so gutted. I got a call from them on the 23rd of October about this trip extravaganza and man I'm so pissed at myself really for being an idi giving my details. I've just slapped myself in the face, but just today Ive popped myself on the internet to have a proper look at them, to find all this Negative feedback about them. I just want to cry. I cant believe these greedy people have such ugliness to do such things. Damn them. Any who my Credit Card is now blocked, have to pay back what was taken out, My fault, but this was a learning point for me, easily could have been avoided if I wasn't so nice but NO MORE.

Jo.h Nov 02, 2009

Hi all. OMG Looks like i'm the only silly one. Man I'm so pissed at myself as I did give c.card details to them. I just want to cry. I got a call from these guys on the 23rd of October 09 about this big trip extravaganza and they sounded so real that I gave them what they wanted to hear. I popped myself onto the net to see more about them to find all this negative feedback. "What a punch in my face" Such greed and ugliness they are. My credit card is now blocked and changed, just have to pay what was taken out from them BUT this situation could have easily been avoided if I wasn't so trusting, but NO MORE.. GRRRRR TO ASTAR

• En
    enefel Jan 15, 2010

ASTAR WILL rip you off. They are not a travel company, but are in fact a marketing company. They operate by selling accommodation to you at one price, and then booking you into accommodation which is worth FAR less, so, they make a profit here, and then they sell your name to a timeshare company (whose presentation you must attend in order to get your accommodation which you have already overpaid for!), and so they also make a profit from the timeshare company. The timeshare company then tries to get their money’s worth by using a hard sell tactic which is never less than 4 hours (ASTAR told us it would be 2 – they lied) and usually involves 3 people one after the other who try to apply progressively more pressure on you to buy a product which you don’t want. All in all, a VERY unpleasant experience which we will never repeat – don’t get caught out!

• Le
    lesha Feb 15, 2010

Hi I was contacted by Astar today and told that I had won a trip to the bahamas. i gave them a old credit card number to give me a chance to check up on this site. I'm gald that I did. Thank you to all of you who have given your feedback and experiences. The bank phoned me and told me that they have had hundreds of complaints about them. My old card has now been cancelled.They were a bit too fast talking for my liking. Which made me suspiscious about the whole thing. Sites like this one are valable.

Sonja

Chooky Feb 25, 2010

I have been had too. I am from Perth, Western Australia. All I would like to know is if the come through with the Motel and the Vegas accomodation. My husband and I don't mind sitting through a seminar on Time share apartments but I want to know if all the other stuff is riji dij. I was going to pay for all the airfares as we were going there next year anyway.. Can someone get back to me... If someone has actually gone through with this and actually had the cruise and the Vegas and Raddison accomodation...
    Otherwise for those people who want there money back.. if you google Major holiday scam involving Florida Telemarketers. they tell you how to go about trying to get you money back. Something about Florida State law governing 'sellers of travel' Read the article that UserId: Gomer Pyle posted. Goodluck!!! But, I want to go on this trip I've paid my money...

• Rf
    rfox Mar 08, 2010

Hi all this morning I too received a phone call, telling me that I won a trip to florida for 4 peoples to go to disney land with a cruise (I don't remember all the details of the cruise either). I was given names of people, and they're employee numbers, and a return phone number They told me that the total cost is normally $5000 but I will only have to pay $998 If I which to accept this wonderful trip. They told me they will send me the tickets within 10 or 15 days, that I have 18 months to choose the date of my trip but I just have to advise them 45 days before the trip. They asked for my VISA details, ensured it was full refundable if I wanted to cancel, ect...I have them my details, then called my bank and cancelled my VISA. I had no money in that account anyhow and whoever I was speaking to knew that and asked for another card...no chance. Anyhow after googling what had happened this morning, I'm glad I canncelled my VISA, and found I am not the only one in this situation. ###. I am a single parent on a low income, they do not have any morals. BE careful!

• Me
    Mel1966 Apr 14, 2010

Hi Im from Australia and had the very same experience however was given a different address than above for the company AStar Travel Florida being 4104 Linebaugh Avenue Tampa Florida 33624 and phone [protected]. The agent name was Christopher Johnson. When I informed Christopher I wasn't going to give my credit card without seeing something first he was very quick to inform me when I had the $998 to call them and then hang up. I can see how they would get people in as I asked several times if this was for real and they were quite good at ensuring me it was. Does this company actually exist?????