Astar TravelFraud and cheating company!

On friday, the 30th of november I received a phone call, telling me that I won a trip to florida for 4 peoples to go to disney land with a cruise (I don't remember all the details of the cruise). They told me that the total cost is normally $5000 but I will only have to pay $998 If I which to accept this wonderful trip. They told me they will send me the tickets within 10 or 15 days, that I have 18 months to choose the date of my trip but I just have to advise them 45 days before the trip. Then they asked me the detail of my credit card for security but I refuse to give them the numbers at the back of my credit card.

On monday the 3rd I saw an e mail confirmation (sent on the 1st of december) telling: thank you for your purchase! see under their exact answer:

Purchase Information
You have authorized the following to billed to the provided credit card.
Date: 11/30/2007 1:51:09 PM
Credit Card: ****************
Approval #: [protected]
Amount Billed: 998.00
You have purchased our ACT62-998 package.

On first: I never made any purchase, they phoned me to tell me that I won a trip.
On second: I never gave them all my credit card details.
On third: If they could took $998 on my bank account it means they have been searching to find out the details on the back of my credit card. How do you call this???

Fortunately, I phoned to my bank on friday night to ask them If it was dangerous that I gave the details on the front of my credit card. They told me that the best to do was to block my credit card, and this is what I did straight away. I will have more informations tomorrow and if they tried to take $998.00 on my bank account I will bring an action against astar.

Chook Aug 20, 2012

Had a full refund in late April and urge others to steer clear !

Chook Apr 11, 2012

2012 and they're still ripping people off. I've contacted the Better Business Bureau in Tampa, along with the Florida Dept of Consumer Services as I notified Astar within 10 days of cancelling my vouchers. Three months later I am still waiting for $500 US to be paid back into my account. This is no way to conduct a legit business so yes, they are a total scam. Beware !

• Ke
    KennyB123 Dec 31, 2011

Please, for the love of God, do not do business with these terrible people.

sabrinas Aug 22, 2011

The sad thing is people hear what they want to hear. I've worked in the travel industry and for companies like Astar. NEVER are you told you 'won.' More like you 'got' the trip. Sure, you 'got' it, but it comes with stipulations. You do have to attend a sales presentation. After all, they are trying to sell you 'vacation ownership' so you are given a reduced price for a trip that would normally cost a lot more. And don't blame the company for fraud. If you choose to give out your credit card info, then you better blame yourself. No one can charge your account without it. And the calls are recorded for everyones protection. Since you can't sign a contract in person, it is recorded so there are no misunderstandings. My advice...open your ears, hear what is being told to you, and make a rational choice. By the way, before I worked for these companies, I myself went on several trips offered by the exact same means. I loved them and was thrilled that I could afford a luxury vacation for myself and children and the only stipulation was to attend a sales seminar. Small price to pay for a boat load of memories.

• Ta
    tanya03 May 22, 2011

I received an email from british national lottery here is the email
    The British National Lottery
    P O Box 1010
    3b Olympic Way, Sefton Business Park,
    Aintree, Liverpool, L30 1RD
    (Customer Services)

Ref: UK/9420X2/68
    Batch: 074/05/ZY369
    Ticket number:[protected] 188
    Lucky Numbers: 05, 06, 17, 20, 28, 42(Bonus33)

WINNING NOTIFICATION:

We wish to congratulate and inform you on the selection of cash prize
    £1, 000, 000.00 (British Pounds) held on the 14th May 2011
    in London Uk.The selection process was carried out through random
    selection in Our computerized email selection system (ess) from a
    database of over 250, 000 email addresses drawn from which you were
    selected. And Your e-mail address attached to ticket number:
    [protected] 188 with Serial number 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers:
    05, 06, 17, 20, 28, 42 (Bonus 33), which subsequently won you the
    lottery in the 1st category i.e match 5 plus bonus.

You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of 1 Million
    Pounds, (One Million Pounds) in cash credited to fileKTU/ [protected]/03.
    This is from a total cash prize of £1, 000, 000 Million Pounds, shared
    amongst the (4)lucky winners in this category i.e Match 6 plus bonus.
    For due processing of your winning claim, please contact the
    FIDUCIARY AGENT Information Officer Mr. Fred Peters who has been
    assigned to assist you. You are to contact him with the following
    details for the release of your winnings.

Agent Name: Mr. Fred Peters
    Tel: +[protected]
    +[protected]
    Email: [email protected]

Contact him, please provide him with the following Requirements below:

Claims Requirements:
    6.Sex ------------------------------
    7.Phone/Fax-------------------------
    8.Present Country-------------------

If you do not contact your claims agent within 5 working days of this
    Notification, your winnings would be revoked. Winners are advised to
    keep their winning details/information from the public to avoid
    Fraudulent claim (IMPORTANT) pending the prize claim by Winner.

*Winner under the age of 18 are automatically disqualified. *Staff of
    the British Lottery are not to partake in this Lottery.

Accept my hearty congratulations once again!

Regards
    Mrs. Stella Ellis
    (Group Coordinator
    Note that you are not to reply to this E-mail, please contact your
    claims officer directly to start the processing of your claims
    application form.

I then sent an email to Mr. Fred Peters to see if this is true and this is what i received

The British National Lottery
    ================================
    Ref Number: UK/9420X/05
    Batch Number: 074/05/ZY369
    Ticket number: [protected] 188
    Lucky Numbers: 4, 7, 29, 30, 42, 44, 39 (Bonus33)
    ================================

Dear: Winner

I am in receipt of your mail and I must say that you should count yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one of our winners in this year lucky dip sweepstakes.We hereby inform you that we have processed your payment and your cheque is ready for disbursement, along with:

(1).WINNING CERTIFICATE FROM BRITISH NATIONAL LOTTERY PROMOTIONS.
    (2).CLEAR SOURCE OF FUNDS CERTIFICATES (C.S.F.C.);
    (3).CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN OF FUNDS (C.O.F.).
    (4). AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM

Your winnings is not in cash form but in Bank Cheque, this advice complies with the Anti-Fraud section 2, sub section (IV) of the procedural manual of the funds disbursement agreement existing between courier companies and the British Government.

We have then forwarded your winning cheque to the courier firm that will handle the delivery. It will be delivered to your address. You are to proceed to your bank with the cheque to cash it once you receive it.

The process for claiming your win has been made very simple so that by the end of one week at most, you are assured of having received your cash prize of 1.000.000 GBP (ONE MILLION POUNDS STERLINGS ) However, Parcel Flight Courier Delivery Services are responsible for sending you your Certified Cheque and the original copies of the documents which will require your signature.

When the documents are couriered to you, you would sign them and return them to the courier company, from there it would be forwarded to our Lottery headquarters. Please oblige to follow the Parcel Flight Courier instructions so the document can get to your present address on time.

You are to contact the Delivery officer of the Payment Parastatal with the following information below:

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Courier Name: Parcel Flight Courier Ltd.
    Contact Person: Mr. Mark Garry
    E-Mail:[email protected]

You are required to give The Courier Company your Name, telephone number, Amount Won and address in case they need to contact you regarding the delivery. This information will not be kept by Parcel Flight or used by any other third party.

Note: you are to provide the courier firm with the underlisted information's to enable them deliver the parcel to your address.:

Full Name:
    Address where you want your parcel deliver to:
    City/State:
    Country:
    Amount Won:
    Telephone Number:
    Ref Number:

I will require a concise update on proceedings with the delivery department as soon as you are in contact with them. If you need any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Once again I say congratulations.

Warm Regards,
    Mr. Fred Peters

Then I sent an email to Parcel Flight Courier service and this is the email I received back from them

ATTN:Tanya Wallace
    You are welcome to Parcel Flight Courier Service an affiliate of the British Lottery. We are pleased to be at your service. Parcel Flight Courier is Regulated and Stipulated by the Finacial Service Authority(FSA). The finacial institutions that Govern all Finacial activities in the United Kingdom.

This is to inform you that we are in possession of a consignment, deposited by British National Lottery which is to be couriered to you. You are to please confirm your alternative mailing address to enable us dispatch your parcel immediately. I advice you to discontinue any other mail from any delivery service for security of your winning prize.

It is the usual practice of our organization to conduct a proper verification of all parcels that we are to deliver to ensure that they are valid. Is rest assured that your cheque has been package and true and delivery will be made once you have met the necessary requirements?

We are a well established company offering courier and transport services 24 hour a day for priority delivery of letters, parcels and consignments to any destination by road, air or sea. We have a substantial team of couriers available for motorcycle dispatch plus van driver couriers in all size vehicles from small vans up to 7.5 tonne and international couriers for dispatch by road, sea or air.

Description of parcel to be delivered:

Address:gave address
    City/State: North Ipswich, Queensland 4305
    Country:Australia
    Telephone Number:gave mobile no

Below are our mandatory charges. You are required to choose one of our three specified shipment options to enable us courier your certified bank cheque to you. Kindly note that we rate our postage charge depending on the high sensitivity of the package to be delivered.

Delivery within 24 hours:{1 Working Days}
    Courier charges ...90.00 Pounds (VAT inclusive)
    Administrative ...270.00 Pounds
    Insurance ...380.00 Pounds

TOTAL: 740.00 Pounds

Delivery in 48 Hours:{2 Working Days}
    Courier charges ...80.00 Pounds (VAT inclusive)
    Administrative ...140.00 Pounds
    Insurance ...350.00 Pounds

TOTAL: 570.00 Pounds

Delivery in 96 Hours{4 Working Days}:
    Courier charges ...50.00 Pounds (VAT inclusive)
    Administrative ...100.00 Pounds
    Insurance ...310.00 Pounds

TOTAL: 460.00 Pounds

*IMPORTANT* You are to choose from the options above the most suitable for you, once this payment is made you will be given a tracking number to track your consignment.

We have undertaken a hard cover insurance incase of loss, damage or theft of your highly sensitive document. We assume all responsibilities incase of any eventualities.

As soon as we receive confirmation and evidence of payment of the above charges, we will dispatch your parcel immediately. The date and time of departure and expected date of delivery will be sent to you. It will depend on the type of delivery you choose. You will be required to sign for the parcel and to do this, you will need either your international passport as identification or your driver's license.

All orders not delivered within Four (4) working days from this communication will be returned. Please ensure that you confirm your delivery address.

Note: That your prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the money before it has been remitted to you. This means that the above charges cannot be deducted from the prize and hence must be provided by you before your package deliver to you.

Parcel Flight Courier Service

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged and are solely for the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please delete this message and any attachment files, or contact pacel flight delivery Courier Services. All business is transacted under our Standard Trading Terms and Conditions a copy of which is available upon request. E. & .O. E. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.

I chose package 3 delivery in 4 days Total of 460 pounds (I converted it to a little over $700AUD) I've noticed that other people on this site have also received same mails and that some have received same batch no, ticket no and same ref no. how can that be possible if this was true. Some one on here received a letter from Fred Peters too but different email address for him then what i received.

Next email from Pflight couriers

ATTN:Tanya Wallace

We Have Received your Email and The Content well Noted as we have Started Packing your winning Parcel as soon as we Saw your Email.You are to make the payment to our account officer with the details below.

===============================================================================
    Your Order Number is ECC/0123723/AQ11WWR. Description of parcel to be delivered:
    ===============================================================================

Description of parcel to be delivered:

An original certificate of weight: -------------0.15kg
    Bonded cheque of weight: -------------0.17kg
    Total weight of parcel: -------------0.32kg
    Colour of Parcel: -------------Brown

And also mode of delivery
    Delivery in 96 Hours{4 Working Days}:
    Courier charges ...50.00 Pounds (VAT inclusive)
    Administrative ...100.00 Pounds
    Insurance ...310.00 Pounds

TOTAL: 460.00 Pounds

In that light of the above Explanation I will want you to locate any Western Union Money Transfer Agent near you and make the payment for the Cost of Courier Delivery Charges to our account officer in London with the details given to you below.

Account officer: Mrs.Linda Patrick
    Address: 48 Higher Green Lane Astley Manchester
    M29 7HG United Kingdom.

As soon as the payment is made, You are to send us the scan copy of the payment slip via Email as well as the payment details for the easy confirmation of your payment such as,

1) Name of sender:
    2) Address of sender:
    3) MTCN (Control Number)
    4) Amount sent:
    5) Country from which payment was made:
    6) Test question and answer if any required.

On receipt of these, Your winnings will be delivered to your designated address as soon as possible, As it will take (4 Working Days) 96 Hours to get to your designated address that you have provided to us.

I await your payment in your next Email for your parcel delivery, I advise act fast to avoid delay.

NOTE: For two reasons we cannot deduct from your prize The reasons are:
    1) A cheque has already been issued in your favour by the British Lottery Payment Office. The amount on this cheque is the full value of your Prize-money. We are thus unable to deduct any fee from your cheque.

2) Due to very strict policies laid down by the British Lottery Affairs Commission, we are unable to process the Courier of your winning package by deducting from your prize money. These policies have been put in place to check previously experienced mishandling and/or misappropriation of winner’s funds, we are obligated to act in line with these policies.

Best Regards
    Mr. Mark Garry
    Customer Service.
    Parcelflight Courier Service

I haven't sent any money and sent another email to them saying I couldn't pay that much they sent another email. In rhis email they said I could pay $395AUD and pay rest after I receive the package.

ATTN:Tanya Wallace

This is to inform you that i discuss your problem with our courier directors that you have a problem of coming up with 460 Pounds and they said that they are very happy with you that you are a winner of the British National Lottery that you should go ahead and pay 395 Australian Dollars and after your parcel is delivered to you then you can pay back the rest balance.

So you are advice to try and make the payment of 395 Australian Dollars through Western Union Money Transfer, and make the payment and as soon as the payment is made you are to send us the following information on your payment slip.

Parcel Flight Courier Service

I still haven't sent any money but received another email from them this is what it says

ATTN:Tanya Wallace

This is to inform you that your winning parcel has been packed sealed and ready for delivery all we are waiting for now is your payment so that we can commence the delivery of your winning parcel to your stipulated address which you have provided to this office.

I will advise you to make the payment as soon as possible and once made you are to send us the scan copy of the payment slip for easy confirmation to enable us deliver your winning parcel to you as soon as possible.

I wait for your payment information's

Parcel Flight Courier Service

Still haven't sent any money by western union transfer.

completely naive May 14, 2011

I just want to set the record straight... I am an Australian resident and I received a call from ASTAR about 18 months ago and paid the $998. After reading these complaints I got very worried and thought this discounted holiday package was a scam. Well, I am now in Florida USA and living it up in a luxurious 3 bedroom condo. My family are here with me and we are holidaying in Orlando visiting the theme parks for 1 week and about to fly out to the free stay in Las Vegas. ASTAR are a travel agent for time share companies. I agree that their methods may not be ideal but they are LEGIT!!! You have NOT won this package but you have obviously filled something out online and have been chosen by geographical location to take part in a discounted holiday and all you have to do is sit through a 90 min conference. Thats it!!.

• As
    ASTAR is a scam Apr 10, 2011

Yes, this company will rip you off, keep in mind you do no have to provide them with the 3 digit code on the back of your credit card. Onne the order is processed if a code is needed the use a generic code such as any 3 or to auth 5 # for the approval code . The owner really is heartless and a lot of fradulant activities have taken place between the owner and his in-laws. When you call to cancel the offer you the package for 1/2 just to retain the sale. The company lacks ethics and really employees and customers are the true victims.

• Cu
    curtislenny Mar 19, 2011

hello everyone..
    my name is..., and i work for ASTAR i wanna let every one know that i want you guys to [censor] off and buy these god dam tickets so i can keep bringing money home to my kid and husband, now stop [censor]ing compaining and get to spending... [censor]es

thank you...
    PS.have a great [censor]ing day!!!
    Curtis P.

• Ca
    Carmen Cibi Jan 06, 2011

Hi there, I have done the same stupid thing and gave my credit card details. I have explained to the salesman that I do not have enough money at the moment in my credit card, as he insisted to check that I have a credit card I reluctantly given up my details but not before I have been re-assured I won't be charged before 90 days, so i can put money in, or cancel if I change my mind. Guess what? They charged me straight away and then I had to argue with the man about me not authorising the transaction. I called my bank straight away, but they said they cannot anything until the payment has cleared up. Now I am in minus on my credit card.

• Ho
    hotsup Jan 03, 2011

I had been taken by this scam back in Aug 2010. It took almost 3 months to the day to get my AUD$499 refunded but they did it with me pestering them by phone, email & post. The stupid thing is that my bank (commonwealth) allowed them to take the funds from the account & make it $400 overdrawn!!! There is hope to get funds back but you must make the initial refund request within 30 days of the original transaction.

• Ru
    Rubyz5strz Nov 18, 2010

You can get your money back off this company if you act fast!! how do I know this... I just got my money refunded!!

Here is a list of actions I underwent:

1) I sent a express air mail letter, IN writing canceling the package within 10 days not 30.
    2) I rang and left messages on their answering machines. I also emailed both All Seasons and Astar clearly demanding a full refund.
    3) I opened a dispute claim with my Bank for the unauthorized amount charged to my credit card by this company.

Hope this helps anyone affected by the brutal high pressurized form of selling and marketing this company prides it self on.

In reference to the two highly courteous and professional individuals ( ha!) who took great delight in publicly defaming and insulting the people affected by this company, I wish to thank you. Thank you for showing the world the integrity of the people/company we are truly dealing with. You have given every future customer a prime example of the racist, narrow-minded, abusive behaviour you will receive when you deal with this Company.

• Ta
    tanya03 Nov 17, 2010

Hello, I am from Australia and received a phone call on saturday from all seasons travel but also Astar. They told me I qualified for a trip to Florida and the Bahamas for up to 4 people and that i had up to 18 months to go on holiday and had to let them know when i was travelling there 45 days before. They told me i would receive package including tickets and information about the holiday 14-21 days and receive a email confirmation, which i haven't received. I was told I would stay at the Hilton hotel and the holiday was valued at $6000 us dollars and I could go on a cruise for extra $299 us per person. I would get to see Disneyland and Universal Studio. I was told had to pay the flights to get there and $998 us (which they never explained why i had to pay that) They asked for my credit card details but not the security no on the back so gave them my credit card no today i received a letter from my bank saying they tried to take $1747 which is more than they said but i didn't have $998.- in there.

• Au
    aussies are dumb Nov 05, 2010

most of you are lying or just flat out dumb what you dont realize is your conversations are recorded so if you try to lie they will pull up the tape to your bank or police or whoever and that will determine if you were ripped off or just flat out stupid

• Ru
    Rubyz5strz Nov 05, 2010

OMG!! we have just been caught be the same SCAM and I am trying in vein to get our money back. I went against by better judgement and caved into the high pressure sales pitch. Silly mistake. But I have learnt my lesson.

I have sent emails, I have called and no one will reply. Im starting to think all the details are false. I have just sent off a letter in writing to cancel the purchase and I have also contacted my bank to find that they have charged an unauthorized different amount. I have put a dispute claim in against this company and I will not stop until I have my money back!! Im about to contact the USA officials and see what more I can do to put the squeeze on these [censor].

Thank you to the person who wrote in and commented on their experiences working for this disgusting company, and giving us the consumers a chance to fight back. I hope in some way we can all band together and stop these thieves from scamming honest decent working ppl out of their hard earned money.

JOHNCONORS Nov 02, 2010

WHY DO YOU GUYS WRITE THIS [censor] AND HAVENT BEEN RIPPED OFF. A RIP OFF IS IF THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOU GET NOTHING. THE TRIP IS REAL IT IS A TIMESHARE THAT IS WHY IT IS CHEAP IF ANY OF YOU KNOW ABOUT TIMESHARES. NOW WHAT YOU GUYS DO IS READ A BUNCH OF [censor] FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN RIPPED OFF AND NEVER EVEN GAVE THE CREDIT CARD DETAILS OUT AND SAY ITS A RIP OFF. FIRST OFF NOBODY SAYS YOU WON AND ITS FREE LISTEN QUALIFIED DOESNT MEAN FREE OK I KNOW ITS HARD TO COMPREHEND. SECOND WHY DONT YOU WRITE A REPORT IF YOU HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF. DONT WRITE REPORTS SAYING SOMEONE CALLED ME AND YEA THEY TRIED TO SCAM ME BUT I WAS TO SMART. YOU ARE A [censor]ING [censor] . NONE OF THESE [censor]ING REPORTS SAY I HAD MY MONEY TAKEN, DIDNT RECIEVE ANYTHING, OR COULDNT GET A REFUND. SOMETIMES THEY DONT GIVE THE REFUND RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE OF STUPID REPORTS AND PEOPLE LIKE THIS. THEY WANT TO WAIT SO YOU RECIEVE THE PACKAGE SO YOU KNOW ITS [censor]ING REAL. IF YOU INSIST OR CALL YOUR BANK THEY HAVE NO CHOICE AND WILL RETURN MONEY. MOST OF YOU NEED TO CALM THE [censor] DOWN WAIT FOR YOUR TRIP AND ENJOY THE VACATION. ONCE AGAIN IT IS NOT FREE NOTHING IS NOT EVEN WATER.

JOHNCONORS Nov 02, 2010

why are you guys so [censor]ed how many of you have been ripped off for your money.Hmm lets see none. FIRST OFF NOBODY CALLS YOU AND SAYS YOU WON AND THE TRIP IS FREE I GUARANTEE THAT. THEY SAY YOU QUALIFIED FOR THE TRIP. IT IS A TIMESHARE. NOW FOR YOU LOW IQS QUALIFIED IS NOT THE SAME AS I WON AND ITS FREE [censor]ING IDIOT. SECOND OPEN YOUR [censor]ING EARS AND LISTEN AND ASK QUESTIONS IT IS YOUR MONEY TAKE THE TIME TO ASK WHAT ARE THE EXACT CHARGES FOR THE TRIP. NOW BY LAW THIS HAS TO BE RECORDED AND THEY DO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE BEING BILLED. NOW IF YOU DONT LISTEN TO WHAT IS BEING SAID AND DONT ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU DO GET A JUNKIE OR A PIECE OF [censor] ON THE PHONE THAN THAT IS YOUR FAULT FOR NOT LISTENING. AND TO ANY OF YOU WHO FILL [censor] OUT THINKING IT IS FREE HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE WHAT IS FREE TODAY NOT EVEN WATER. EXPECT SOME KIND OF PAYMENT ON ANYTHING. COMPANIES ADVERTISE IN A WAY TO SO THAT YOU WILL LISTEN. IF I TOLD YOU RIGHT AWAY YOU WILL BE BILLED ANYBODY WILL HANG UP OR WALK AWAY ONCE AGAIN IT COMES BACK TO LISTENING. I DO UNDERSTAND THAT COMMON SENSE IS NOT VERY COMMON HOPE YOU WILL READ MORE BOOKS AND EDUCATE YOURSELVES

annabb Oct 13, 2010

I had a call from them this morning as well, but I must say, they were very pleasant and upfront about all the costs and conditions ( taxes, have to do the time share thing etc). I entered a competition online as a bit of a joke so was aware of the full package -I knew I had to provide flights and that it was a prmotional holiday not a free trip. Ashley and Chris were very professional and a fully recorded conversation with the verification team ease my mind. I am prepared to give these guys the benefit of the doubt as I knew what I was getting into when I entered the competition. If worst case scenario this is a scam, my bank will assist with fraudulent transactions.

• Cl
    clent Oct 03, 2010

hi i live ni canada like every body else i bot in to it .payed the 900.00pluss canada funds for trip .but could get time to go on the trip for 4 .this was in 2007 jully .it 2010 october 1 i got a call fron astar saying they ok my trip the dont want to see me loos my money but i have to send them 201.00 canadian to reinstate the trip so i dont know what i should .they call back the 9 oct .anyboddy know what i should do ...

• Do
    dorindabals Oct 01, 2010

Hi here in Australia and got scammed by these people but I have a debit card and my bank froze it straight away and put a stop on my account. I went in to the bank today and they told me that they are a well known phone scam! I am getting over ovarian cancer and have almost lost everything and they should be ashamed of themselves.
    I am still reeling that I was so high on the emotion that we had won a holiday and that I could take my family on a vacation of a lifetime and go to disneyland! Hope that those people that called me a realising how much hurt emotionally they have done to a person with cancer let alone all the other people they have hurt!

• We
    Wendik Aug 08, 2010

I was scammed yesterday. They called at 7am on a Sunday after I had been up all night with sick kids. They said they needed my credit card for verification of identification. As soon as I said the numbers I realised it was stupid and then clearly said I didn't authorise them to use the card. I hung up after another minute of conversation. About 20 mins later I rang my bank and they said money had been taken out but only $200 US. I cancelled my card.
    I can't believe they are still allowed to exist. The fraud branch in Australia have been trying to stop this company for years. I can't believe how long it's been going on. Please stop them as it's really hurting people who probably need to 'win'.

• Os
    oscar17 Jul 25, 2010

Hey i had these people keep ringing me, as it was an unknown number i just keep rejecting it but decided to take in a Sunday morning only to have them say that I had won a trip to Florida for 7 days, staying in the Radison Hotel and going on a cruise, they made it sound all very nice and was on the phone for 20mins. The guy named Chris kept saying to me that I didnt sound very excited but I kept telling him that it all sounded too good to be true and thought it was a joke, he then told me that he would not be ringing me from half way across the world at $2 a min to play a joke on me. Anyway after 20mins of talking and switching me over to another person they asked for my credit card details to which I didnt give them and then hung up on them. Hopefully now the calls will stop and I hope nobody gets caught up in this scam. They say that they will send you over $6000 worth of holiday package and all you have to pay is $998, but I doubt that anyone ever sees those tickets and then they pocket the $998!!!

Andessa Jul 23, 2010

I am from Perth Australia and for the past month have been getting phone calls from this company at 4 and 5 in the morning on the one time they did ring at 10 am they were pressuring me to give credit card details as i told them i wont give those details under any circumstances they are still ringing and today at 5am who do we put complaint to is there a dept in America that we can contact

completely naive Jun 17, 2010

Hi guys, I'm still not sure what to believe. I've paid the money and received the package information in the mail and been in contact with customer reservations. But I don't plan to travel until May 2011. If this is a scam it will be too late to recover my money from the bank, then on the other hand; if I report it to my bank and it is legitimate then it's a good value discount holiday. I don't know what to do.

• Bl
    Blainer Jun 17, 2010

Almost scammed this evening, gave them an expired account, he he he he

Blaine

• Au
    AUSS Jun 04, 2010

I have just got a phone call from ASTAR this morning and they talked very same as u, guys posted. Fortunately, I didn't give them any information, just name, ages, and address. However, I am still worry so I emailed to my bank to stop any transaction.

Thanks for all comments! it is very useful.

I felt like I was so silly to believe what they told in a first time.

but not anymore!

Thanks guys and this board.

• Da
    Danko - Denmark May 25, 2010

People join the group on the Facebook and help spread the word: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=99938564328

• Te
    Tegan T May 23, 2010

Hi,

I am from Perth Western Australia. I received a call yesterday on 22/5/2010 pertaining the same information that I had won a holiday to Orlando Florida, Las Vegas and the Bahamas. I told them I did not recall entering any such competition. They had all my personal information and kept asking about my credit card details. When I told them, I don't see what this information has to do with anything', and refused to give them my credit card details, they hung up. After the phone call I looked up the details online to find out it was a scam.

I have now filed a complaint with scamwatch.gov.au and am trying to spread the word. While this scam now appears to be several years old now judging by complaints of A-Star and All Seasons Travel & Resorts online, THE SCAM STILL SEEMS TO BE CONTINUING and people are still falling victim to scams such as this.

• Th
    There is a Way May 03, 2010

By now most of the people commenting on this site have obviously been "had" by Astar, I have had what is probably the worst experience of my life dealing with these people. I have found out several things that may help, if you have paid for the $998.00 package you can contact the disputes section of your bank and ask them to follow up the payment for you and they can act on your behalf to get your money back. This must be done within 90 days in Australia, You will need to check other countries, after this date it seems that there is little your bank can do. But you can always ask. The next thing to do is contact Consumer Affairs in Florida. I contacted them and they sent me forms to fill in and return to them with all the details. I had been called last November and had actually - believe it or not - paid for two packages for ourselves and other family members, i was told that i would receive two rooms for each package, but nothing they told me was actually true.
    I have spoken to Ashley King, Keith Barulich, Robert, Lillian and Carl. I used to get up at 5.00am in the morning so that i could call them and speak to them personally. The last telephone call was with Ashley King, who told me I would not be getting my money back.
    I received refunds for both of the packages that i paid for. It was a very long and tedious process, however I feel like I have won the battle. These people are dishonest, and every person who has any dealings with them needs to contact the Consumer Affairs Department in Florida so that they can be shut down completely. The so called 5 star accommodation is barely 2 star, they even changed our package from Ft. Lauderdale to New Smyrna Beach which I have never heard of.
    I'm happy now and have learned a lesson

corrupted people Apr 23, 2010

Hello, same what happen to my husband. He got a phone call from bl...y Astra. and a woman said he won a holiday package and mentioned all the places we would go. Seemed like a dream come true, then they asked for his credit card. He asked when it expired then the number he said we only pay $900, at the same time he already got the money out without asking if we give him permission to do so. Now i read a lot about this scam on the net and i am not happy. I'm very angry that these people are getting money from someone frauduantly, it has to stop. If anyone else out there knows what to about them please let us know. I will not stop until we get our money back even if i have to go to the media to put these people out of business.

completely naive Apr 21, 2010

I received a call on 19/04/2010, exactly the same as mentioned in all the above complaints . Unfortrunately I was not smart and gave my credit card details and the money has been debited from my credit card. Has anyone out there actually received and been on the holiday that they are advertising?

• Mu
    Muriwai Apr 18, 2010

I received that same phone call yesterday... Taken for a ride they managed to squeeze $360NZ from my account. However, this is after trying to take $2k.
    Thanks to my brother who found this website I was able to get onto my bank right away...
    I have posted my experience on Facebook in the hope that others dont get pulled into this scam like I did... grrrr

• En
    Enalya Apr 15, 2010

I recieved a call from a Robert Thrasher from Astar...at 6:45am this morning I might add, saying I was the 1 millionth person to visit some website. I don't recall putting my details down to win such a trip, so started asking questions. I was immediately steamrolled with "the trip of a lifetime" pitch. As a sales person myself, I recognise a pitch when I hear one. I listened though, not knowing who this company was. They even got my fiance on the phone and tried to convince him. We were both wary when we were told $1400NZD had to be paid, as well as $299USD per person for 'port taxes' for the cruise. So much for my free holiday I thought. Now, though I did give them my credit card details, there is no way they can charge me as I have a prepaid Visa, and there's nothing on there, and there will never be that much in that account. I only have one adage that sums up this scam nicely...Beware of Greeks baring gifts.

• Me
    Mel1966 Apr 14, 2010

Hi Im from Australia and had the very same experience however was given a different address than above for the company AStar Travel Florida being 4104 Linebaugh Avenue Tampa Florida 33624 and phone [protected]. The agent name was Christopher Johnson. When I informed Christopher I wasn't going to give my credit card without seeing something first he was very quick to inform me when I had the $998 to call them and then hang up. I can see how they would get people in as I asked several times if this was for real and they were quite good at ensuring me it was. Does this company actually exist?????

• Rf
    rfox Mar 08, 2010

Hi all this morning I too received a phone call, telling me that I won a trip to florida for 4 peoples to go to disney land with a cruise (I don't remember all the details of the cruise either). I was given names of people, and they're employee numbers, and a return phone number They told me that the total cost is normally $5000 but I will only have to pay $998 If I which to accept this wonderful trip. They told me they will send me the tickets within 10 or 15 days, that I have 18 months to choose the date of my trip but I just have to advise them 45 days before the trip. They asked for my VISA details, ensured it was full refundable if I wanted to cancel, ect...I have them my details, then called my bank and cancelled my VISA. I had no money in that account anyhow and whoever I was speaking to knew that and asked for another card...no chance. Anyhow after googling what had happened this morning, I'm glad I canncelled my VISA, and found I am not the only one in this situation. ###. I am a single parent on a low income, they do not have any morals. BE careful!

Chooky Feb 25, 2010

I have been had too. I am from Perth, Western Australia. All I would like to know is if the come through with the Motel and the Vegas accomodation. My husband and I don't mind sitting through a seminar on Time share apartments but I want to know if all the other stuff is riji dij. I was going to pay for all the airfares as we were going there next year anyway.. Can someone get back to me... If someone has actually gone through with this and actually had the cruise and the Vegas and Raddison accomodation...
    Otherwise for those people who want there money back.. if you google Major holiday scam involving Florida Telemarketers. they tell you how to go about trying to get you money back. Something about Florida State law governing 'sellers of travel' Read the article that UserId: Gomer Pyle posted. Goodluck!!! But, I want to go on this trip I've paid my money...

• Le
    lesha Feb 15, 2010

Hi I was contacted by Astar today and told that I had won a trip to the bahamas. i gave them a old credit card number to give me a chance to check up on this site. I'm gald that I did. Thank you to all of you who have given your feedback and experiences. The bank phoned me and told me that they have had hundreds of complaints about them. My old card has now been cancelled.They were a bit too fast talking for my liking. Which made me suspiscious about the whole thing. Sites like this one are valable.

Sonja

• En
    enefel Jan 15, 2010

ASTAR WILL rip you off. They are not a travel company, but are in fact a marketing company. They operate by selling accommodation to you at one price, and then booking you into accommodation which is worth FAR less, so, they make a profit here, and then they sell your name to a timeshare company (whose presentation you must attend in order to get your accommodation which you have already overpaid for!), and so they also make a profit from the timeshare company. The timeshare company then tries to get their money’s worth by using a hard sell tactic which is never less than 4 hours (ASTAR told us it would be 2 – they lied) and usually involves 3 people one after the other who try to apply progressively more pressure on you to buy a product which you don’t want. All in all, a VERY unpleasant experience which we will never repeat – don’t get caught out!

Jo.h Nov 02, 2009

Hi all. OMG Looks like i'm the only silly one. Man I'm so pissed at myself as I did give c.card details to them. I just want to cry. I got a call from these guys on the 23rd of October 09 about this big trip extravaganza and they sounded so real that I gave them what they wanted to hear. I popped myself onto the net to see more about them to find all this negative feedback. "What a punch in my face" Such greed and ugliness they are. My credit card is now blocked and changed, just have to pay what was taken out from them BUT this situation could have easily been avoided if I wasn't so trusting, but NO MORE.. GRRRRR TO ASTAR

Jo.h Nov 02, 2009

Hi all. OMG- I have put myself in the sh!t. I gave my credit card number out to these guys cause the sounded so real. I'm so gutted. I got a call from them on the 23rd of October about this trip extravaganza and man I'm so pissed at myself really for being an idi giving my details. I've just slapped myself in the face, but just today Ive popped myself on the internet to have a proper look at them, to find all this Negative feedback about them. I just want to cry. I cant believe these greedy people have such ugliness to do such things. Damn them. Any who my Credit Card is now blocked, have to pay back what was taken out, My fault, but this was a learning point for me, easily could have been avoided if I wasn't so nice but NO MORE.

• Wi
    Winny Oct 31, 2009

I (Winny) am back from a wonderful time in Orlando (my first story is two posts up).
    Everything was well taken care of.

We stayed in a wonderful resort in Kissimee (Fantasy World II) had a excellent service at the carcompany (Enterprise) and also the second resort at Smyrna Beach was very nice (Ocean Trillium Suites, a bit dated, but our appartment was right at the beach with a wonderful view over the ocean from the balcony).

So even though the way to get there with Astar was awful, our stay was wonderful.

Still have two nights in Las Vegas and a Baham cruise left from the package...we'll see if and when we will use that part of our deal.

We only had to pay for the taxes at the resorts and carrental and that was ok (6 nights resort 1 for $35, week car for $50 and another 2 nights resort 2 for $15).

Don't know how to get your money back, they didn't gave mine back either when I wanted to cancel the deal. Our 'luck' was that we paid only $500 instead of $1000 because of the limit on my creditcard at that moment, and they waived the other $500 for me after I complained about the package.

Like I stated before: I WOULD NEVERRRRRR RECOMMENT ASTAR TO ANYONE, cause they are a pain in the butt, but once you've bought a package...dont put your energy in getting your money back...instead go for the trip and enjoy your holiday! You bought it...use it! and make it any penny worth!

Winny