Ashley Furniturepeeling leather couch

J

I purchased a whole leather living room set from ashley home store in frisco on february 19, 2007. I also purchased the 5 year warranty. It was delivered to me on march 5th 2007. What I have is a leather reclining sofa, reclining leather love seat and leather rocker recliner, all the same brand & material.

We have had no problems until this past week. Our furniture is peeling, yes peeling. The salesman assured me that it was 100% leather wherever our bodies touched. I wasn't aware that leather was supposed to peel, it just flakes off. It looks horrible and it's only 9 months old!

Yesterday I called the insurance people and they basically told me that 'peeling' was specifically not covered, although stabbing with a knife was. So if I stab my couch 'accidentally' they will fix it for free for 5 years but since it is defective and peeling it is not covered.

I then called the ashley home store where I purchased the furniture and asked to speak to the manager, they asked why and I explained my problem to them. They then said that I would have to let a customer service person know and they would take care of my problem. I went through the whole speech with the customer service lady and she explained that they would be happy to come and look at my defective furniture and see what, if anything, needed to be done about it. I was very upset and asked if I could just get my money back (since it's already paid in full) or exchange it
For some other type of real leather furniture in their store. They then told me that they would 'repair' any defective furniture or replace the cushion for up to one year then after that I am on my own. They said that peeling leather is not uncommon. On january 11th, the ashley technician came to review the issue. He immediately saw the problem and then started peeling back more of the leather. Now there is a huge 2 - 3 inch spot that is totally peeled away.

He was very friendly and very insightful. He told me that he could replace the one cushion and the other 8 or so spots that are peeling he could 'paint' them when he repaired the cushion. He said that my paint was peeling off of my leather. I wasn't aware that leather was painted. When I showed him other pieces of leather furniture that I own that haven't ever peeled (but show wear) he let me know that furniture isn't made the same way it used to be. He said that in the past things had better quality and held up better.

I also told him of the extended warranty that I purchased that was good for 5 years, but did not cover peeling leather. I told him that didn't understand
Why it didn't cover that and why the manufacturer only covered peeling leather for one year. If it peels, it should be replaced or refunded no matter how long you have had it!

I expressed how unsatisfied that I was with the product and asked if I could just get a refund and purchase quality furniture from a business that stood behind their product. He replied no, that ashley doesn't give refunds anymore. He said it was 'cheaper' for them to hire someone to go 'repair' it, even if it was numerous times than to refund the money back to the customer. I asked him if he had anyashley furniture in his home, he replied no maam, I wouldn't have any of that furniture in my home. When I asked why, he said that it wasn't good quality. That is pretty sad when your own employee says that about your products! I need to get this resolved, as I don't want a couch with an orange circle on it in my family room.

After hearing the technicians advice and knowledge it made me wonder why anyone does business with ashley furniture. I know one thing, I will not be back. They need to have higher standards and make sure their customers are happy, then they would have a great referrals and repeat customers.

I have filed a complaint with the bbb and they sent it to "tom" and he emailed back saying that since a 'technician' was scheduled to be at my house on the 11th he considers this issue resolved. I don't think so!

I called the credit card (which happened to be the store card) and wanted to dispute the charges, they said I couldn't dispute unless ashley refused to 'repair' my couches. I asked if painting fake leather meant repair, she didn't answer. Needless to say the account is paid off and cancelled and I am telling everyone I know to never do business with ashley furniture again.

I thought it was odd that the other 3 leather pieces of furniture that we have owned for years has no signs of peeling whatsoever and looks better than my 9 month old ashley furniture!

• Mi
    Michelle Savana-Salazar Jun 24, 2007

Several months ago I sent a letter to the Ashley Furniture Industries Inc. Director of Quality. I still have not received any response. The sofa and love seat set I purchased has to be the worst purchase I have ever made. You can feel every piece of wood and metal in the furniture, there is no padding. We even got so fed up sitting on the sofa we sat in front of it and lean on the foot portion of the sofa only to feel the metal framing in our backs. Please do not buy Ashley furniture. What a waste of money and you will get no customer service help. The salesman sold me on the furniture stain warranty. I believe the warranty will outlast the 5 year stain warranty. What crap!

• Ly
    lynette martin Nov 11, 2007

my husband bought me an asley furniture set with the love set we had it only 10 mts and the couch was breaking i was doing my exersises on the floor and noticed the boards poping out and pushing out the staples i then felt underneath and the boards were comming out the bottom so i lifted up the cushions and my sofa looked like it was going to split in half,i called the place where i bought it and they said they would come and look at it so here comes this guy with a stapler he was going to need more then a stapler told him that on the phone was already upset with the couch so they decided to take it back to the store where it sat for a few weeks before thier repair person could look at it so i sat with no sofa then they said they were going to give me a different one i was glad but then when they didnt call back i called and they said it was going to get fixed i said ok well 3 weeks went by and guess what my warrenty eas up and had to take the sofa i was so dicusted when they brougt it back it looked like crap they didnt strech the materal back it was tore on the black thing that covers the boards,spring sticking out under my cushion the legs on the couch looked like it was dragged down the street all the finish was off well i called them again and told them i wanted a new couch nope they ordered new legs and replaced the black cover underneath and still havent fixed the spring where can i write to to get help wrote asley a e mail and they said they couldnt do anything why have no idea its thier furniture and its junk as far as im concerned thank you

• Ta
    tammy02 Feb 20, 2008

Hi Jennifer,

My name is Tammy and I am employed with Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I have been visiting many of the complaint websites and ran across your complaint. I am very sorry to hear about your frustrations with your purchase of Ashley Furniture. The store was correct to send a technician to complete and inspection and make any necessary repairs/adjustments as long as they are able to meet factory specifications, if they are unable to meet factory specs, they need to discuss the situation with their Ashley Marketing Specialist to assist them in a decision as to how to proceed. I am very concerned about your situation and I would like to diligently work with the stores customer care department to be sure you have been receiving a reasonable resolution. Therefore, I have forwarded your complaint directly to the Head of Customer Care for the independently owned and operated Frisco, TX HomeStore for further review.

Your Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. reference number is RN473607.

Thank you!

Tammy~Ashley Internet Communications

• Te
    Teresa Robyn Jul 09, 2018

@tammy02 Hi Tammy
    We have had nothing but problems with our store in concord ca and the warrenty company. This couch was our first big purchase as a couple and honestly choosing Ashley feels like a mistake our couch cushions have completely fallen apart. And no one I have spoken with would help. I keep getting told its normal wear and not covered however normal wear shouldnt happen in the first year.

Thanks Teresa

• Je
    Jennifer Maxwell Apr 25, 2008

I just wanted to make everyone aware that Ashley furniture did come through finally! The ONLY reason things worked out so well is the wonderful assistant manager Shannon Loya in Frisco. He helped me tremendously, as did Susan Juarez. I appreciate their time and concern with my problems. I ended up getting a full refund, after my second brand new sofa had major defects. I got my check in the mail yesterday. THANK YOU for listening and helping get my problem resolved.

Angela May 17, 2008

Hi, Jennifer. I just wanted to drop my 2 cents in. I worked in the furniture business for 2 years selling furniture, and I almost went to work for our Ashley home store here in my local area until I started hearing a lot of complaints about the store from industry insiders. The word on the street is that Ashley furniture has little to no customer service. We were always getting their customers because Ashley refused to refund money or do proper repairs. When I sell things it's because I believe in them, and the service that my company provides. After reading your story it makes me very happy that I didn't go to work for them. You are not alone. I'm sorry that has happened to you. I don't know where you live, but I can tell you that if you live in an area that has a Farmers Furniture store that you may want to do business with them. They are a wonderful company that will go above and beyond to make certain that you are satisfied. If you have a problem they will send a repair tech and if it can't be handled they will replace it with no hassles. They have wonderful protection plans and the truly stand by them. I no longer work for the company, but they are one of the best in the business when it comes to customer service. One more thing before I go. All over leather 100% leather will have broken up sections stiched together (it takes more than 1 cow to make a piece of furniture) if you find that the back or the sides of the furniture are just 1 piece it's NOT all leather or even 100% leather it's some sort of other material and not worth investing in if you're looking for long term furniture. I hope i've been able to give you some insight into the world of furniture. Good Luck. Happy Hunting.

• Valerie Jun 04, 2008

I had an fantastic experience with Ashley Furniture Home Store in Gonzales Louisiana and think that these experiences are isolated.

• Lo
    Loraine Jun 15, 2008

I also purchased a leather ??? furniture sofa love seat & rocker recliner First recliner fell in on the right side tried to fix 3 times . Took BBB TO GIVE ME A NEW CHAIR Now I noticed my sofa is peeling
    Looked for tags [ you know warning do not remove
    Well guess what no tag's
    But the recliner that was exchaned had a tag .
    Luck or did they forget to remove this one ?
    The tag stated 45% leather 55% plastick or something
    Mr Goldberg sent me a certefied letter stating my chair was 100% leather !
    But leather doesn't peel
    I'm taking him & his Co. to court. Any one is welcome to go Maybe if there is enough of us .Something can be done If interested Please email me at [email protected] I am from Williamstown NJ CALL ME A

Marie Jun 20, 2008

I purchased some furniture from Ashley Furniture about 2 or 3 years ago, and have never received the products. I paid over $2000 in cash, scheduled the delivery, and before the delivery-the store closed and there was never a delivery. I have been trying get some information for about 2 to 3 yrs, and have been unsuccessful in accomplishing that. I still have the receipts for the items, and recently requested that the office in Wisconsin just provide me with at least a store credit, but the customer service rep. said that they were unable to assist me with this matter. I am highly disappointed in Ashley Furniture. They just took my money and ran with it. Although the store was independently owned and operated, it still represents Ashley Furniture and gives them a bad name.

• Valerie Oct 17, 2008

I bought a dinning room table with 2 leafs and 8 chairs. On the day I was told it would be at my house it never can, we I call the store they told me my table was in but not my chairs. I was pissed I had already given our old table to my sister-in-law and had my boys birthday party that next weekend. The manger said he would have someone come and give me the store model until mine came in. (Which was the only nice thing he did.) The next week the delivering drive came to my door and said they had my table but they noticed a crack in it. So I sent it back. The manger called me and said they would rush my order and I would have it with in the next 2 weeks. And I did expect when the delivery drivers went to put it together the legs were the wrong size!! Then the manger said he would credit my the delivery charge and would check the table before it went out. I took another 3 weeks and many phone calls before I finally got my set and now he refused to give my the delivery fee because of a so called scratch on the model table! I total it took 5 months to get my dinning room set.

• St
    Stephanie Fehn Nov 07, 2008

Marie,
    Thank you for bringing the above to our attention.
    Unfortunately, as discussed, your purchase was made back in 2001 through an unrelated HomeStore operation that closed down in early-2002. Nevertheless, we have taken the liberty to contact the consumer affairs dept. at Ashley HomeStores, Ltd. in Arcadia, WI, on your behalf, and they have requested that you phone them at 800-477-2222 ext 5013. Please make them aware that you have attempted to contact them before as they have attempted in the past to "do the right thing" with regard to cust9omers from the above operation that closed down. As discussed, our current Ashley Furniture HomeStores in Jacksonville opened in 2005, and have satisfied over 75, 000 families in less than 4 years. In fact, we were just VOTED #1 Best Furniture Store here in Jacksonville as a result - in part- of our customer satisfaction ratings. Along those lines, we look forward to hearing from you to further assist you.
    Regards,
    Stephanie Fehn
    Customer Satisfaction Manager

maryanne Labia Mar 13, 2009

dining room was delivered thursday, march 12, 2009. glass panes are damaged-would like customer service to repair damages. I have tried calling customer service, answering system directed me to e-mail complaint.

• Di
    diva1218 Jul 14, 2009

Thanks ladies,
    I know I'm not crazy. I'm having the same exact problems with a leather sectional I purchased from Central Furniture in Chicago, IL. The furniture is barely 3 months old and is also peeling and tearing up. A repair man has been out and is coming back. I will take my chance in court. Why would furniture, leather be peeling? Thanks, for the insight!!!

• Ka
    kathy3 Aug 15, 2009

I, too, have had the same problems with "leather" furniture purchased from Ashley Furniture. The "painted leather" peeled soon after I got it - within a few months, I called the warranty people and got the same answer as Jennifer. I should have stabbed the sofa, chair and loveseat with a knife! I got nowhere with the store manager, too. I even have a lawyer friend look over that warranty, and he thought it may be borderline fraudulent.
    A technician came out and replaced the covers of the furniture, and interestingly enough he said similar things about Ashley selling painted leather as real leather, and that a lot of leather furniture in other stores are painted.
    I paid for those repairs and it made me sick to do it. The store was no help, the warranty company was ridiculous and the worst part...the chair has peeled again. I have a 2 by 4 inch orange circle on the arm. I am now looking for a repair kit of my own to fix my chair. That's how I came across this site with these same compaints.
    Even though its been over a year since the first repair, I may still call my local Ashley Furniture to tell them about the latest peelings, though I have my doubts on their willingness to help, their porfessionalism, and their integrity in the furniture business.
    Congrats to you, Jennifer for following through! I wish I had carried it to the lengths you did when mine first occurred.
    Kathy Sullivan [email protected]

• Em
    emailrick Oct 13, 2009

They really arent worried about their customers. They are busy making money. I bought a sofa and love seat from ashley store in freemont, ca . The day i was buying it they wanted me to buy an extended warranty, so i did and i was told that it would cover everything. I just called the customer service people regarding my cushions not being resilient enough . I was told that none of the warranties they sell cover that . So why is that people sell things that they dont honor.

• Ge
    georgieva Oct 22, 2009

hi
    i have same problem with my sofa, from ScS. it is peeling and the 5 year insurance does not cover that. i don't think i could get my money back as it is 2 years old now, but is anyone know how i can repair that. thanks

• Fr
    Frankr Nov 01, 2009

Leather will peel because of the way they attach the color or coating. The original complaint stated the sofa was fake leather I assure you it was not. In fact the parts that were not leather, most of the parts you don't sit on on most sofas are leather match..meaning vinyl. The vinyl does not peel or crack most of the time because it can be produced in the desired color all the way through. From what I understand the thicker and harder leather has a tendency to peel.

• Mu
    Munshtku Nov 27, 2009

Worst Customer Service Ever!!! Bought Washer/Dryer. It was a nightmare from beginning to end!! They will take your $$ and leave you hanging. Make sure you get all terms & conditions in writing before they deliver because you're on your own after that !!! Don't Shop Ashley Furniture...they SUCK!!! They lost our personal information, gave us an invoice with somebody else's personal information. Would not deliver our appliances after we paid in full, didn't remove old appliances or connect new ones as was agreed. They would not return our calls!! They do not have a Return Policy!!! Merry Christmas from Ashley Furniture!!

• So
    Socci Nov 27, 2009

I did my comparison shopping and went to Ashley Furniture in Arlington, TX. I gave cash of $2, 268 for living room furniture that was promised to be delivered in 10 days. Well 10 days has passed and guess what? No furniture. I called the 817 number of "the store" in Arlington..No it is in India with some rude non-English speaking person who couldn't find my order. Don't throw away your money. Do Not Shop Ashley Furniture. Learn from my mistake. I will never do business with any furniture store that doesn't have my furniture right then and there. Ripped Off...

• Eo
    E of cardiff Jan 12, 2010

Hi
    something very simular happened to me I paid £3000 (thats about $5000) for a 2 seater and 3 seater sofa. then about 6 months it started to go all sticky and the the top "layer" of the leather was sliding off. I tried to return the sofa but the company had gone bust.
    I have since found out that a lot of sofas and leather items are made in china, they make them up in a few base colors and then Spray paint them, ( yes just like a car) to many different tones. so after a while the paint slides or peels off. the only way you can tell in shop is to unzip a seat cover and find a seam, and that shows the true color. As most things in life its buyer beware.

• Ye
    Yeger Feb 16, 2010

Myself and wife purchased a bed room set from Ashley furniture. After about a year the mattress developed a stain and my wife started to notice bite marks from bugs. We contacted every one that we could from this company there was terrible customer service. To top it all off I'm still waiting on some one to come out to check this mattress after a month of the reporting.

• Am
    Amy22 Feb 27, 2010

I bought an Ashley leather reclining sofa and recliner. I thought it was 100% good quality leather. WRONG. The leather has worn away orange spots. It's only two years old and looks terrible. The furniture company referred me to a repair company. Every time I tried to call, the line was busy. I gave up. Now I guess I'm looking for a leather paint kit, so I can fix it myself. I'll never by Ashley again, it was such a waste of money.
    Amy

• Un
    Unker Mar 02, 2010

We bought living room furniture on 2-15-09. They were very nice in the store, but after waiting 13 weeks for our furniture to be delivered [we were tolded 6-8 weeks], when we called they were nasty and rude. We are still missing a chair and no one will call us back !! Once they have your money customer service goes out the window!!

• Kh
    khadri Mar 16, 2010

Hi,

I have the same problem with my leather recliner rocker i bought from ashley.When i got the 5 yr warranty plan they told me the only thing not covered is bleach and permanant marker. Now my rocker is peeling off and i have orange spots on the back rest. I got the same answer like jennifer saying peeling is not covered. I also had some other problems like puncture which was repaired before is coming off, a ring mark on the seating cushion of loveseat, a lose recliner lever. the customer service person i talked told me he will send a package and i should take pictures of the damage and send to it to them. this is ridiciulous. then they will decide to send the tech. I live in Fremont CA and got it from the fremont ashley store.

Kad

• Ge
    Geoff Mar 31, 2010

Well so far I am not happy with Ashley Furniture, we bought our sectional on February 22nd and we were promised delivery on march 5th, then on 3/16, then on 3/19 and now they are telling me our sectional will arrive on 3/26. I think what makes me most upset is that I was told the sectional would be on the truck on 3/16 and the corporate offices are telling me there is a manufacturers delay...so what is it actually.

Before march 5th we gave our old couch away to our roommate who moved out on the 2nd of march. And now, we are currently sitting on patio furniture and that really *** me off.

Had I known that we would have so many delays, I would have gone to another furniture store. We have never had problems like this at any other furniture store.

• Is
    Isildurre Apr 07, 2010

I purchase $2000 worth of furniture in May and received an estimated delivery date of July. This date has been changed 5 times now and its been 14 weeks. The document I signed states that it could take up to 12 weeks. I still have no furniture and they have given me another estimated date of sometime next week but I doubt that they will be keeping their word on that.

• Co
    Columbia, sc Apr 10, 2010

I purchased some furniture for Ashley Furniture in Columbia, SC and had a delivery day of 6 April 2010. On 5 April, we received a phone call that stated we will not receiving the furniture until 22 April because they didn't have any of the style of furniture in their warehouse. My wife was told that we would receive a $150.00 in store gift card because of the mix up. She was also informed my the sales man in the local store that he would call to see if we can get it by 14 April.

The next week, we were told that 22 April would be the earliest that we would receive the furniture. I called to speak to the local salesman and he informed me that we just need to wait, that the best they could do for us. Question, why are we waiting? The reason why we asked for a delivery day was so that we could get rid of the furniture that was in the room for the new furniture. I spoke to the local store manger and he informed me that 22 April could change again. What is the deal with this store? We have paid for the furniture but haven't received it. I have canceled the order and now we have to wait two to three weeks to get our money back. Why? I am not pleased...

• Da
    Damagena Apr 14, 2010

Horrible delivery..i have a ordered a bed from last 2 months and NOW the company tells me that we have get from china and will not be delivered this month too..On the top of it the customer service and the managers don't even want to talk politely..they are soooo rude...not ready to listen..they suck.

• Pm
    PM Thomas Apr 16, 2010

I wish I had seen this post before I bought my Ashley Furniture three piece living room set about 4 years ago. One of the reasons I bought leather was so that it would last. I previously owned a leather sofa, which I had for over 10 years and it held up great. The set I have now started to peel about a year or two after I purchased it. I didn't buy the warranty because well, leather isn't supposed to peel! I'm not sure how to resolve this and after seeing previous posts, I'm not sure I want to hassle with going through the customer service department. Has anyone had any luck making the repairs themselves?

• Eo
    E of cardiff Apr 18, 2010

People I have found the answer. apparently this happens when the leather has been badly finished. and the top lacquer doesn't take, It is fairly common.
    But it is fixable these people will sell you a kit to do the repairs yourself, or they come to your home and do it for you (UK only)
    heres the kits you can buy

• Go
    Goolovin May 31, 2010

I have purchased a queen sleigh bed and mattress set that was supposed to be in on Jan, 22, 2010. Each week it was postponed and now they say "no firm date for delivery." I am tired of waiting and want a refund and they won't give me one. What do I do now? They have been terrible to deal with.

• Ka
    kakaali Jul 19, 2010

DO NOT BUY FROM Ashley Furniture. It is basically CRAP. CRAP.
    bad Service, bad quality.They sold me crap chines made.Cheap real cheap.

they lied about theire warranties
    I will submit some photo about the product I recieved,

• Sh
    Shirley Potts Aug 01, 2010

Also have Ashley recliner couch and loveseat, 2 years old, in our summer residence (basically only used 1 year). Right recliner is all out of kilter and back upper cushion peeling in numerous places. We were told by Ashley this was "normal wear and tear" and they would do nothing to help us. Same problems with "Extended Warranty". Have had leather furniture previously for 10 years plus with no such problems. Checked with a leather repair firm locally. They said they could repair it but within 6 months we'd have the same problem.

Jamille Aug 20, 2010

The Roomstore in Virginia Beach, VA also sell "fake peeling leather" as real leather. The original complaint could have been mine: bought the warranty and was told it did not cover defects only actual stabs or rips. We have taken such great care of this furniture it is beautiful...except for the "leather" has peeled off on all of the seams.

• Tx
    TxChelleBell Aug 26, 2010

We also bought a reclining leather sofa and love seat an have the same problem with peeling fake leather. I am ferry disappointed after paying what we did for it and I asked the Guy who sold it to us if he was sure it was 100% leather because I wanted a couch that would realty last. We have had them for almost 2 years. Not cool.
    Michelle

• Hn
    hntthwe Aug 27, 2010

oh no we got ours from big sandy superstore and never will we buy anythign from them again we have had probs... our arm of our couch is peeling aswell and in all the years I have worked in a leather factory leather does not peel if it is real only if it is painted or coated... so i called big sandy we only bought it back in march of this year I dont think if it is under a year the 5 yr warranty we purchased from them shoudl be used but as long as they fix it i dont care really lol

• Bo
    bobrrr Sep 20, 2010

It's fake leather called "bicast leather". I don't know what Stealth Pilot is thinking of but they must not know much about modern scams in the leather industry.

It's illegal to call it leather in most countries but it's legal in the US.

• Ke
    Kert Sep 22, 2010

Ashley Furniture in Catonsville, MD has the absolute worst service. I purchased a small table and a TV stand on July 30th; it is now Sept. 7th and I have not received it. The rep stated they can not deliver my furniture until Sept 17th. I have called each week and they stated it will be ready for deliver on Sept 7th. Each time I called the Ashley Furniture store, the sales people acted helpless with no customer service or understanding for the amount of time I have had to wait. I called on Sept 7th after receiving no call and they stated the mgr will call me back. It has been an hour and no call yet.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Sep 22, 2010

Even out of stock items shouldn't take that long. Unless it's a special order (then you should expect a long wait).

• Ca
    Carmal Chi Oct 02, 2010

I bought, probably the same leather set ('sonoma" -chocolate brown) as Jennifer (the 1st customer w/complaint). My set didn't last 6 months before I had to call the store with complaints. As the others have mentioned, I was rerouted to the insurance company since I had also purchased the 5 year warranty. Got the same ole story regarding the warranty...they will fix punctures, blood stains, pet urine, etc., but wouldn't fix the "peeling faded" spots on my furniture. After a few more calls a technician showed up and explained that it could be damage from the sun (so we kept the blinds closed and put up curtains), the next time he came out after more complaints (probably 6 months later), he said the peeling could be a result of body perspiration since most of the peeling/fading was on the arm rest or the area where your back sits. I told him I've had leather before and never had any problems like this before. After the 1st year and a half, they repaired the sofa by removing the sections that were faded/peeling (because it was continuously spreading) and replaced it with pieces ordered from Ashleys. This lasted maybe 6 months, then the fading started in other sections of the couch. After threatening to go to court because I had over $10, 000 worth of useless furniture and a freaking warranty that cost several hundreds more but wouldn't repair anything they sent me a new sofa. By this time, I was noticing the same thing happening with the loveseat. The only piece that seemed to be fine was the recliner, and that's probably because it was in the formal living room where no one ever sat in. I am frustrated because I have this leather (or atleast what they continue to say is leather where the body touches) and can't afford to buy a new set since I have debt from this mess I got from them. When people asks me where I got my furniture, I quickly tell them my story and to go elsewhere. I will never have anything positive to say about Ashley until they do what's right and either sell the high quality furniture they advertise and stand behind their customers or price it at the cheap quality that it really is so that customers aren't so angry when it starts peeling/fading. If it were cheap, I wouldn't be complaining because I may have gotten my moneys worth. Never-the-less, since they've stopped trying to satisfy me and repair my furniture; I've stopped paying the credit card bill (their credit company). I know this wasn't the best way to handle it, but when and if I have to explain why that is on my credit, some creditors actually understand because they have been through the same thing with Ashley's or companies like them. So until I get what I purchased/satisfaction, they'll get nothing else from me.

• Jt
    jtmed121 Oct 02, 2010

I purchased a couch, loveseat and recliner in June of 2007 and three months after the purchase (and warranty) I noticed significant peeling of all three pieces. When I called the warranty company they stated that they did not cover "peeling" of supposed "real Leather". I was even told not to buy from another retailer because of thier record of selling fake leather. I contaced the store and talked with the manager and no resolution there. I even called Ashley directly and they stated that they could not help me and that it was the local stores problem. So Ashley as a company can sell furniture with their name on it but cannot do anything about the fake leather situation. So I have a "fake leather" couch sold as a 100% leather couch from Ashley that is peeling and looks horrible. I will never purchase or even step foot into another Ashley store and will do everything in my power to ensure that everyone I know doesn't either. Ashley will learn that cheating customers will eventually bankrupt their company.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices