Menu
Home Furniture Ashley HomeStore peeling leather couch

Ashley HomeStore review: peeling leather couch

J
Author of the complaint
12:00 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a whole leather living room set from ashley home store in frisco on february 19, 2007. I also purchased the 5 year warranty. It was delivered to me on march 5th 2007. What I have is a leather reclining sofa, reclining leather love seat and leather rocker recliner, all the same brand & material.

We have had no problems until this past week. Our furniture is peeling, yes peeling. The salesman assured me that it was 100% leather wherever our bodies touched. I wasn't aware that leather was supposed to peel, it just flakes off. It looks horrible and it's only 9 months old!

Yesterday I called the insurance people and they basically told me that 'peeling' was specifically not covered, although stabbing with a knife was. So if I stab my couch 'accidentally' they will fix it for free for 5 years but since it is defective and peeling it is not covered.

I then called the ashley home store where I purchased the furniture and asked to speak to the manager, they asked why and I explained my problem to them. They then said that I would have to let a customer service person know and they would take care of my problem. I went through the whole speech with the customer service lady and she explained that they would be happy to come and look at my defective furniture and see what, if anything, needed to be done about it. I was very upset and asked if I could just get my money back (since it's already paid in full) or exchange it
For some other type of real leather furniture in their store. They then told me that they would 'repair' any defective furniture or replace the cushion for up to one year then after that I am on my own. They said that peeling leather is not uncommon. On january 11th, the ashley technician came to review the issue. He immediately saw the problem and then started peeling back more of the leather. Now there is a huge 2 - 3 inch spot that is totally peeled away.

He was very friendly and very insightful. He told me that he could replace the one cushion and the other 8 or so spots that are peeling he could 'paint' them when he repaired the cushion. He said that my paint was peeling off of my leather. I wasn't aware that leather was painted. When I showed him other pieces of leather furniture that I own that haven't ever peeled (but show wear) he let me know that furniture isn't made the same way it used to be. He said that in the past things had better quality and held up better.

I also told him of the extended warranty that I purchased that was good for 5 years, but did not cover peeling leather. I told him that didn't understand
Why it didn't cover that and why the manufacturer only covered peeling leather for one year. If it peels, it should be replaced or refunded no matter how long you have had it!

I expressed how unsatisfied that I was with the product and asked if I could just get a refund and purchase quality furniture from a business that stood behind their product. He replied no, that ashley doesn't give refunds anymore. He said it was 'cheaper' for them to hire someone to go 'repair' it, even if it was numerous times than to refund the money back to the customer. I asked him if he had anyashley furniture in his home, he replied no maam, I wouldn't have any of that furniture in my home. When I asked why, he said that it wasn't good quality. That is pretty sad when your own employee says that about your products! I need to get this resolved, as I don't want a couch with an orange circle on it in my family room.

After hearing the technicians advice and knowledge it made me wonder why anyone does business with ashley furniture. I know one thing, I will not be back. They need to have higher standards and make sure their customers are happy, then they would have a great referrals and repeat customers.

I have filed a complaint with the bbb and they sent it to "tom" and he emailed back saying that since a 'technician' was scheduled to be at my house on the 11th he considers this issue resolved. I don't think so!

I called the credit card (which happened to be the store card) and wanted to dispute the charges, they said I couldn't dispute unless ashley refused to 'repair' my couches. I asked if painting fake leather meant repair, she didn't answer. Needless to say the account is paid off and cancelled and I am telling everyone I know to never do business with ashley furniture again.

I thought it was odd that the other 3 leather pieces of furniture that we have owned for years has no signs of peeling whatsoever and looks better than my 9 month old ashley furniture!

Update by Jennifer Maxwell
Apr 25, 2008 4:21 pm EDT

I just wanted to make everyone aware that Ashley furniture did come through finally! The ONLY reason things worked out so well is the wonderful assistant manager Shannon Loya in Frisco. He helped me tremendously, as did Susan Juarez. I appreciate their time and concern with my problems. I ended up getting a full refund, after my second brand new sofa had major defects. I got my check in the mail yesterday. THANK YOU for listening and helping get my problem resolved.

210 comments
N
May 24, 2022 8:41 pm EDT

I had the same exact problem. They replaced one of my questions on my sofa after two years of use it was cracking on the inner sides of the cushions on the reclining areas. They only replaced it because they had an ad online that said cushions 100% leather. Well, it’s two years later again. After five years and replaced cushion. It’s all cracking again. It’s pretty much junk. I will never purchase another product from Ashley furniture again. They should just write that their sofas last two years before cracking.

H

Ashly advertised the sofa set as a leather sofa but it is not! Ashley lies about its products.
It must be reported to the attorney general for a false advertisement to the consumers. They should not advertise as leather when it is PVC vinyl. I pay for $1800 for a set of leather sofa. It peels within a year, with terrible workmanship, and cheap material! Ashley is cheating their customers.
The liar must be punished.
We must organize a class lawsuit about this company and have it shut down.

K
Nov 20, 2021 4:17 pm EST
Replying to comment of How Tse

Hello I purchased Ashley furniture as well. I have a red 2 piece set. My son and I rarely sit in the living room so it wasn't used alot. After I moved family in and the furniture started being used more I noticed small sections cracking and from there it just started peeling really bad. I find pieces of the "leather" everyday when I am vacuuming. I would definitely be in foe starting a class actions suit against this company. I spent 1800 on this set. I have had furniture that was way cheaper last me for 6-7 years.

P
Jan 18, 2019 6:50 pm EST

I have a sofa and loveseat reclining ste that almost has no “leather” left. I purchased it for just under 2, 000. In Houston. Not only does the flaking
Make a mess, but now I’m left with a couch set that looks horrible...but is a constant reminder of How much I spent on something that looks more like something someone put on the curb for trash. Ashley furniture used to be a name synonymous with quality items... which is why I purchased from them. I too purchased a warranty and it didn’t cover this type of wear. I’m embarrassed to even have company over.
I sure wish a representative would contact me and make this purchase experience Better and replace my set.

Oct 03, 2018 6:22 pm EDT

Call Al Ghadban, Sr. Regional Manager, [protected]
Gary Donovan, Regional Manager: [protected]

May 17, 2018 8:52 am EDT

I purchased a Sofa and Love Seat Red some kind of simulated leather from Ace Hardware in Ellijay, Georgia. Can't remember date but within a few months the side of the sofa that I sat on started to Peel. I had not used the rest of the seating areas. I informed Ace Hardware about this and was told to contact Ashley. I called Ashley and was told this was not covered. I should have pursued this farther but did not as I am older and hard for me to do these things. After a while I tool the sofa apart and got rid of it. I started to sit on the Love Seat and within a few days the Love Seat started to peel. This is the worst furniture I have ever bought. I know nothing will ever be done about it. I just want as many people as possible to know the lousy quality of this furniture. I am on a fixed income and a Thousand Dollar loss on a Sofa and Love Seat is a hard blow. I got no help from Ace Hardware or from Ashley so just gave upl

Jan 12, 2018 5:01 pm EST

I paidvcash forva ashlry livingroom suit. the first yeaar they replacedv the back of the chair. now it is peeling again. the couch and sofa both arevpeeling. w; are retired and on a fixed income and I am stuck with a piece of junk. my old suit was 15 years old and looked better than this junk

Jun 23, 2017 2:58 pm EDT

It is common knowledge in our town not to buy from Ashley. Their furniture is sold in rent to own stores. I mean, give me a break! Their customer service is horrible! They now have rent to own in their stores. That's how they stay in business. It isn't repeat business. Let's start a class actio
Lawsuit. I know where to start. I have a seven thousand dollar leather sofa, and two chairs. My chair is horrible. Of course, it is the same story with everyone of us. I'm ready for a class action lawsuit. That way the government can get involved and they can pay all of us and get everyone their money back. There are so many that have not even posted online. If you go through town, you can hear about it. Email me if your interested in a class action suit testerteamaticlouddotcom I wrote out my email so that spam bots could not surf and load up my email.
Thanks,
Renee
Kingsport, TN

Jun 22, 2017 12:54 pm EDT

My leather sofa, which I was told is definitely not bonded leather, is also peeling and the 7 year warranty which I purchased separately does not cover peeling. I also purchased a mattress set. Boxspring was defective and Ashley replaced it. The problem is that the part of the mattress directly above the defective area of the boxspring has never risen up. It is still sloped down but not 1 1/2 inches so Ashley will not replace the mattress. The bottom line is that I will never step foot in Ashley again.

N
Jun 13, 2017 12:55 am EDT

We have had the same issues with Ashley Furniture as the OP complained about. We spent a small fortune on a total of two sofas and a love seat from a store in San Antonio that were advertised as 100% genuine leather on the cushion portions, and all three have significant peeling - one sofa is almost completely peeled to the point where basically all that's left of the bottom cushions is the fabric-like material they bonded the cheap fake leather onto. It is an eyesore and an embarrassment whenever we have people over and we've just now ordered new sofas from a different manufacturer. The two sofas are not even the same models as they were purchased at different times for different rooms, but it seems ALL their "real" leather pieces are crappy fakes and peel the same way. I now despise Ashley Furniture - they are a fraud and knowingly mis-advertise their products. I will NEVER EVER again set foot in one of their stores.

R
Jun 09, 2017 5:06 pm EDT

I purchased a leather sectional from ashley furniture in 2014 - I also purchased the warranty — my sectional is coming apart from the seams. the warranty company advise me to do a claim - take pictures.. I did all that and submitted it and never received a response..
I will never ever purchase anything else from this company! advise no one else to do the same
Poor quality - awful

The national class action law firm Baillon Thome Jozwiak & Wanta LLP is investigating Ashley Furniture made with DuraBlend® bonded leather for a potential product defect that causes the leather to peel, flake and crack. If you have experienced these issues, please contact us at [protected] or by e-mail: [email protected] [advertising material]

Nov 11, 2007 12:00 am EST

my husband bought me an asley furniture set with the love set we had it only 10 mts and the couch was breaking i was doing my exersises on the floor and noticed the boards poping out and pushing out the staples i then felt underneath and the boards were comming out the bottom so i lifted up the cushions and my sofa looked like it was going to split in half,i called the place where i bought it and they said they would come and look at it so here comes this guy with a stapler he was going to need more then a stapler told him that on the phone was already upset with the couch so they decided to take it back to the store where it sat for a few weeks before thier repair person could look at it so i sat with no sofa then they said they were going to give me a different one i was glad but then when they didnt call back i called and they said it was going to get fixed i said ok well 3 weeks went by and guess what my warrenty eas up and had to take the sofa i was so dicusted when they brougt it back it looked like crap they didnt strech the materal back it was tore on the black thing that covers the boards,spring sticking out under my cushion the legs on the couch looked like it was dragged down the street all the finish was off well i called them again and told them i wanted a new couch nope they ordered new legs and replaced the black cover underneath and still havent fixed the spring where can i write to to get help wrote asley a e mail and they said they couldnt do anything why have no idea its thier furniture and its junk as far as im concerned thank you

Mar 17, 2017 9:30 am EDT

This kind of furniture doesn't just come from Ashley furniture. I'm having the same issue with my furniture that was purchased from Freed's furniture in Dallas. They don't stand behind it, either! This furniture is junk, basically disposable but with a high price! I have never had furniture that didn't last for many years like this furniture. Worthless!

Mar 17, 2017 9:52 am EDT
Replying to comment of Lisa Clore

I have never seen anything like this peeling going on. I don't understand how the Co's get away with it. I bought leather furniture in 1995 that still looks brand new. My mothers leather couch outlived her. and my daughter went to Ashley's, the salesman told her it was leather and in her innocent mind she thought she was making a wise choice. She can't replace it either. Her 2 sons in college, and she has raised them on her own and worked so hard to buy this for herself. I don't know how these people sleep at night.

Mar 17, 2017 9:02 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I don't know how the Ashley Furniture Co. can keep on doing this to their customers. I wish they had to put her "leather" sectionial in their showroom . Family owned and Oriented. Would the owner like to trade out his for hers ?
[email protected], com

Mar 17, 2017 9:12 am EDT
Replying to comment of hiattbj57

This set was bought by my daughter. She was told its out of warranty, and offered no help. She can't afford to buy new or used at this point as she is putting her sons through college now. She worked hard to pay for this and they told her it was leather. Her Grandmother had a leather couch that outlived her. I have two leather couches and a chair since 1995 and it looks like new in 2017, that's what she wanted and thought it was a smart purchase. I taught her to buy good quality and she won't have to replace it, that's what she was told and this is what she got. Shameful Ashley Furniture.

Jan 26, 2017 10:34 am EST

I have a recliner by Ashley and after calling and talking with customer service for over a year, I gave up. I have a RECLINER that did not work..
They told me I was on schedule to fix and kept getting rude to me everytime I called. Then the recliner started to peel. Supposed to be leather. Clearly was not. I will never purchase Ashley furniture again. They never got back to me. Never sent anyone out as promised to fix or look at the recliner. The last time I called the gal told me "we only have so many repair people, you just gave to wait." I have never heard from Ashley again. Terrible.

G
Mar 31, 2010 10:35 am EDT

Well so far I am not happy with Ashley Furniture, we bought our sectional on February 22nd and we were promised delivery on march 5th, then on 3/16, then on 3/19 and now they are telling me our sectional will arrive on 3/26. I think what makes me most upset is that I was told the sectional would be on the truck on 3/16 and the corporate offices are telling me there is a manufacturers delay...so what is it actually.

Before march 5th we gave our old couch away to our roommate who moved out on the 2nd of march. And now, we are currently sitting on patio furniture and that really *** me off.

Had I known that we would have so many delays, I would have gone to another furniture store. We have never had problems like this at any other furniture store.

Apr 10, 2010 8:15 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I purchased some furniture for Ashley Furniture in Columbia, SC and had a delivery day of 6 April 2010. On 5 April, we received a phone call that stated we will not receiving the furniture until 22 April because they didn't have any of the style of furniture in their warehouse. My wife was told that we would receive a $150.00 in store gift card because of the mix up. She was also informed my the sales man in the local store that he would call to see if we can get it by 14 April.

The next week, we were told that 22 April would be the earliest that we would receive the furniture. I called to speak to the local salesman and he informed me that we just need to wait, that the best they could do for us. Question, why are we waiting? The reason why we asked for a delivery day was so that we could get rid of the furniture that was in the room for the new furniture. I spoke to the local store manger and he informed me that 22 April could change again. What is the deal with this store? We have paid for the furniture but haven't received it. I have canceled the order and now we have to wait two to three weeks to get our money back. Why? I am not pleased...

A
Nov 27, 2016 12:24 pm EST

Can we start a lawsuit? My couch was sold as leather! Now it peels!? 😡

Jun 20, 2008 7:01 am EDT

I purchased some furniture from Ashley Furniture about 2 or 3 years ago, and have never received the products. I paid over $2000 in cash, scheduled the delivery, and before the delivery-the store closed and there was never a delivery. I have been trying get some information for about 2 to 3 yrs, and have been unsuccessful in accomplishing that. I still have the receipts for the items, and recently requested that the office in Wisconsin just provide me with at least a store credit, but the customer service rep. said that they were unable to assist me with this matter. I am highly disappointed in Ashley Furniture. They just took my money and ran with it. Although the store was independently owned and operated, it still represents Ashley Furniture and gives them a bad name.

Mar 14, 2012 11:53 am EDT

My husband and I purchased a new dining set at the beginning of January this year. Set included dining table, 6 chairs and a hutch. Delivery date was scheduled fairly quickly, but that's honestly the best thing I can say about this nightmare. The delivery truck was 2 hours late, which I suppose wouldn't normally be that big of a deal, but since I had to take time off from work because the best window they could give me was an 11-3pm (how many people are home between 11-3pm on a Thursday?), having to wait an extra 2 hours for no good reason really irritated me. The chairs were brought it, no issues. Hutch, no issues. And then there was the table. It was literally broken in half! AND, the delivery driver had the nerve to ask if I wanted to keep it anyways rather than sending it back. I was told that an Ashley representative would call me THAT day to schedule a delivery for a new table, no one ever called. I had to call every day for 4 days before I finally went to the store I purchased it from and threatened to get my money back before I could get someone to actually help me. It took an additional 2 weeks to get a new table. I wish this was the end of our story, but unfortunately, it's not. The hutch which I thought was OK, actually came minus any shelves. Not one was included. I called Ashley...again and requested the shelves. I was told it would take up to 21 days to get them shipped to me, but that due to the circumstances, the order would be escalated for a shipment within 7-10 days. 10 days came and nothing. Called Ashley again. Told the same thing. I had to call 3 times, finally asking to speak with a manager, before the shipment actually happened. The shelves came yesterday and guess what? They are the WRONG shelves! This company is a joke beyond imagination. I will NEVER purchase anything from them ever again!

Oct 20, 2010 6:36 am EDT

We ordered a sofa, recliner, accent recliner, and bed for my son from Ashley Furniture in Concord California. As a side note the accent recliner was a discontinued model so we ended up purchasing the floor model. The salesman said that it would take 1 to 3 weeks for delivery for all items. It ended up taking about 6 weeks for the delivery. This delay is understandable. When the products finally arrived the sofa and bed were both damaged. The plastic that is meant to protect the sofa was actually glued to the seat cushions. When the delivery guy attempted to pull off the plastic the leather actually started to tear. At that point they stopped and placed it back on the truck. The bed, model Embrace, has two sets of drawers that we purchased. One set had scratches on the edge of the drawers. The bed color is a dark brown almost black. My mother in law walked in on the delivery guy and he was coloring in the scratches with a sharpie. At that point she stopped him and took some pictures with her phone. The accent chair was not even on the truck. The delivery guy said that it was on back order. In reality it was sitting at the Concord store waiting for them to pick it up. I guess it was input into the system wrong. Everything was okay with the recliner and that is now our only family room seating until we get this mess resolved. I now get to spend the next month on countless phone calls trying to get their mess straightened out. As for the store, they are absolutely no help once you walk out of the store. All they have done is direct me to the customer service because they are not authorized to do anything and the manager never seems to be available. Before you buy from Ashley think about my experience. Here is a recap. 1. Out of 4 items that were to be delivered, only one was acceptable. This is a 75 percent error rate. 2. Someone in administration had to input the order wrong into the system, someone in manufacturing had to place glue on the sofa, someone in manufacturing or delivery had to scratch the bed, and someone in delivery tried to hide the damages by coloring them in with an ink pen. This is not an isolated issue, rather a problem throughout the organization. 3. If a product arrives damaged they reserve the right to repair the damages. So don't think they are going to order you a new one and replace it. I will most likely get a refurbished unit even though I paid for a new one. 4. Customer support will give you two options, neither of which is acceptable. 5. It is now 7 days later and I am no where closer to getting what I paid for. In fact, I have yet to receive a call with an update

W
Mar 07, 2011 9:55 pm EST

I ordered furniture from Ashley Furniture in Houston, Tx. on San Felipe Street. However, Paid Cash for it, was promised a delivery date, ok... after waiting beyond time for the furniture, I received just one item wrong color, ok supposedly got that correct, reordered. still waiting on sleeper sofa, finally came and it was scratched up, reordered again, remind you I'm still waiting on the right color recliner, not to mention they promised me a delivery date, I traveled 400 miles to be back at home for arrival of my sleeper sofa, I waited, no sleeper sofa arrived, then I finally received it and it was scatched up terrible, I'm probably going in circles with this story cause this is the way I received it, brought out another sleeper sofa, delivery people took the plastic off of the sofa, and dragged it on concrete, then tried to cover it up with a marker, had to wait on another one, still no recliner, so I told them just forget it, give me my money back, no they wanted to send me a 50.00 gift card, which they did, and promised to have my furniture delivered on a specific date, and they would honor me with another 75.00 gift card, still haven't received it, I was according to them mail out a month ago, ha.

DO NOT BUY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE, I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM. AND WHAT CAN I GET OUT OF THE STORE FOR 50.00. I HAVE PICTURES OF THE DELIVERY TEAM DRAGGING MY FURNITURE ON THE CONCRETE, AND TRYING TO COVER IT UP WITH A MARKER...SAD SITUATION...

Nov 08, 2011 6:55 pm EST

When we first purchased our home in '09, it was in need of lots of furniture. We went to Ashley Furniture in Central Park, Fredericksburg, VA, with hopes of getting some nice pieces to fill our home. After paying down on one layaway, we were left with one final suit for our master bedroom. The store manager at the time Buddy was wonderful with assisting us with our previous purchases. He had assisted us in changing out some pieces that were not really our style for more contemporary pieces. With this in mind, we trusted him to come through for us once more when we needed that same done for the bedroom suit. We were told that they would take care of the switch out for us. We looked forward to it being done right, being that we were familiar faces in the store, and walked out without the new receipt with the made changes in hand.

On January 2011 we walked into the store to take one last look and to make a payment on the suit. We were greeted by the same sales rep. that dealt with us, Mr. Eddie French. He began to tell us that one of the items in our suit was no longer available. After speaking with him for a while, we discovered that the suit he was talking about was the one that was supposed to have been swapped out for the other that was more of our style. He then began to tell us that the suit was now more expensive than we originally anticipated, because it was a few months from the last promotion, which would have kept it the same price. Now we had to pay out an additional $599. for a night stand. I was highly upset to say the least because it was an error on their part for not doing the switch out as promised when the prices were still going to be the same. Now my husband and I had to pay extra for something that was their mistake. I tried to get it resolved with the new store manager. But after seeing his people skills upon yelling with a couple on the sales floor, we knew it would be challenging. When we told him about the issue, we told him that we would like to take off the $1000. mattress and just pay for the suit, because the mattress was simply too expensive and that we could not afford that price at this time. We even told him that we saw one for $650. and needed to know a.s.a.p. to take advantage of the other promotion. He told us he would let us know by Tuesday, February 1, 2011. Needless to say he never called us at all. It's now June 22, 2011 and we have yet to ever get a call from this joke of a manager. After contacting their Customer Service Dept. many times, no one has once tried to contact us within these five months to have this matter of the mattress and the price change for the extra night stand resolved.

On a weekly basis, I have been contacting the Customer Service Manager named Sherri to find out the status of this matter. The issues I have here is that she herself never calls when she says she will, or tells me that she will have the General manager or store owner get in contact with me which they never had, and that she will escalate the situation to the necessary people to have me satisfied. Upon my last conversation with Sherri on June 4, 2011, she told me that she had sent my information to Mike, one of the Regional Managers and that he would call me and if not, that she would call. On June 5, 2011, my husband and I went into the store to make a payment. The following Sat., June 11, 2011 we went back into the store to have the canopy bed switched out with the regular bed due to a new ceiling fan being installed in the master suit. The manager Kenny began to cover himself with riddles of deception and lies by stating that he had just called us this past Friday and left a message for us to call him back. I immediately knew this was a lie because the phone number was disconnected and not in service. I challenged him by asking him why he did not use the number that was provided when I left messages there several times. He stated that he just went off of the numbers on the ticket. Then he asked us if that was a good number to use. We told him no and that the number, which I gave to Theresa, a store rep., was the most suitable number. We did not know it at first, but once we had the changes made to the bed and walked out with our receipt, we realized that he had placed inaccurate, deceptive and misleading information on out ticket about him leaving us messages on the old number. I was infuriated with all his incompetence, ineffectiveness as a manager and shenanigans that he was up to, because when we were in the store the previous week, our ticket stated no such notes about him leaving messages. The following Tuesday, June 14, 2011 and June 21, 2011, I left a message for Sherri; I have yet to hear back from her.

Needless to say, this matter that is five months in the making has ineffective, inept and incompetent people working in a customer service oriented field with obviously, no ability of how to rectify such a simple matter. My deepest wish is to replace the joke of a manager at the Fredericksburg store with a more qualified candidate, because Kenny will eventually cause this store to loose more and more customers daily. I on the other hand, will do all within my power to post every negative review on the web about this experience, because of the inability to have this matter resoled in such a long time. The General Manager Mike and the store owner should be embarrassed to have such dissatisfied customers as myself and to loose us to their competitors. The Ashley Furniture store at Carl D. Silver, Fredericksburg, VA reminds me of a Brooklyn fish market, all hype but no true quality.

Nov 27, 2009 11:04 am EST

I did my comparison shopping and went to Ashley Furniture in Arlington, TX. I gave cash of $2, 268 for living room furniture that was promised to be delivered in 10 days. Well 10 days has passed and guess what? No furniture. I called the 817 number of "the store" in Arlington..No it is in India with some rude non-English speaking person who couldn't find my order. Don't throw away your money. Do Not Shop Ashley Furniture. Learn from my mistake. I will never do business with any furniture store that doesn't have my furniture right then and there. Ripped Off...

Sep 01, 2016 2:07 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I purchased a leather sectional 2012 and dropped a lot of bucks for this set. Now 3 1/2 years later my leather set in peeling in section and I'm mad as $#@&! My sister purchased the same set a few months later and NOW hers is doing the same thing! SHAME on you Ashley furniture for RIPPING people off! I WILL NEVER BUY NOR SET FOOT IN ANY OF THEIR STORES. What happen to standing by your product? I guess that went out the window with your cheap products! That's something to think about when you lack integrity to make things right! What goes around comes around!
Hot like FIRE!
Denise S. Buford GA
bought @ the Duluth store that CLOSED and consolidated by the Buford store
p.s. I should have seen the red flags when the Duluth store closed!

Aug 25, 2016 1:03 am EDT

I purchased one, also..peeling after 9 months...they would, not honor service, agreement...the, servicexagreemebt people said, bc Ashley sold 'cheap', furniture there was nothing that could, do!?...calked, Ashley back and, manager told me to email them and I did..over and over. No reply ..I paid, a $1000 for, the motorized loveseat and it looks horrible...I will NEVER but anything from them again.

G
Aug 09, 2016 6:32 pm EDT

I purchased what i thought was a leather recliner from Ashley Home Furniture a few years ago. It was my husband's birthday present. A few years after I purchased it, it is tearing and shedding all over. It looks really ugly. I purchased the warranty and then found out that peeling is not covered. If I went berserk and stabbed the chair or had a very fat person jump up and down on it and break it, that would be covered. Really. That warranty is a crock of #$!&. I recommend to everyone, don't buy anything from Ashley. They know what they're doing and they don't care. I have a leather sofa that I bought at Rooms To Go, years ago and have never had a fading, peeling, shedding problem.

Aug 01, 2016 5:07 am EDT

It appears Ashley "paints" their leather furniture. Our living room sectional/chase started to peel and has continued to peel in areas that we don't even use. After reading the reviews and the extended warranty, the repairs would not be covered. We confirmed w/ a furniture repair company and painted leather can not be repaired. It stinks that we spent close $2, 000.00 for our furniture. Now part of it is going to the curb and we have to use old furniture that is over 8 yrs old - the leather is perfect just not the color (dark green).

Be careful what you purchase at Ashley!

A
Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

I can't review the furniture because I still don't have it. I ordered it before Thanksgiving and was told the latest it would be in was 23 Dec but would probably be sooner. It is now January 4th haven't heard anything yet. I have been told that they can't do anything for me, because it is a tentative date. This was supposed to be a Christmas gift for a 12 year old. To add insult to injury I received a coupon entitling me to $100 off of the purchase of a mattress. I ordered a mattress with the rest of the furniture spent $2000 and they can't come deliver it and put it together for me since we won't be off next week.

B
Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

STOP, WAIT, Do not walk into Ashley Furniture or you'll be sorry. read all the complaints, web-site after web-site, complaint after complaint, I find it amazing when you ask people about Ashley the comments you get, There all Horror stories, try it! I wish we would have. No matter what the ads say, or how they treat you during the purchase it never works out. You will be one of the thousands of us that cancel your order. So save yourself the time and shop elsewhere. My experience was so bad I ended up with no furniture over the holidays, we sat on the floor. I will never waste my time and walk into any Ashley store again!

R
Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

Sofa falling apart. Ashley furniture doing nothing about but run around. Talk good until get your $. Run away from this company. I bought extended "montage" warranty. They giving me the run around also. Anything to do to say it not their fault. Wanted me to wait to see if getting worse, then saying waited until warranty over. They have not returned phone calls just asking for help for phone numbers for someone who might help. Everytime call the people who were there before no longer work there. I think this is a terrible company. Tell all you know, Run Away From This Company. Do Not Spend Your Money There!

Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

I purchased a "leather" loveseat and recliner from the Turnersville, NJ Ashley in 2007. Within the first six months the finish was peeling off the back of the loveseat. After a year of multiple phone calls and service visit errors they replaced it in 2009. A year and a half later the same thing is happening to the back along with the bottom cushion surface is coming off. It is a waste of time calling again to just get a run around. I will never purchase another piece of furniture from Ashley again. POOR POOR Quality furniture!

J
Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

Poor quality of furniture and the service is very poor because they will tell you one thing and won't do it.we signed up for warranty on our bedroom set and unfortunately they where not able to find the paper work but reappeared after one year and they refered us to montage warranty company where they said yes they is a manufactured defect on the bed but there is nothing they can do.bad company full of lies and the warranty company that comes with it. its a fraud tooo.

I
Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

Dont even know where to start. To sum it up between dealing with the customer service on the phone to in store service it was an awful experience. I would suggest to every one never go there. It starts from when they tell you prices for delivery and you will get military discounts then make it to the checkout they tell you discount only applies to certain items and your delivery is $20 dollars more because you live one city further even though you told them what city you were in. Next to the delivery drivers damaging your home for a sofa that you did not even get to keep since it did not fit. Then dealing with the sales manager who does not even know how to treat customers along with the 3 hours of wasted time going back and forth with being mis informed by the store, cust. service on the phone and the delivery drivers nobody is on the same page. Now the one piece of furniture i did keep is falling apart so when i looked under one of the chairs its missing screws less then 3 days old still waiting for answer on that as well. Oh and still waiting to get damages fixed. Its been real nightmare wish i would have never stepped foot in an Ashley's.

Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

I cancelled my ordered within 7 days and they said my furniture was on its way so they would have to charge me a restocking fee. In which my delivery day was scheduled for two weeks later. I know this was a blantly lie. Do not purchase from ashley furniture. Last sumer I also purchased some other furniture in which it took over three wks for me to get it. Then after delivering my furniture. My sofa had a big rip in the corner in which the tried to hide. Then they said it would take an additional three weeks for me to get another sofa. Ridiculous!

Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

I bought furniture spending $$$$ for a sectional sofa, recliner and arm less chair. They only delivered recliner and arm less chair and one piece of the sectional. When I called the store they said they are going to order the additional pieces. Nothing happened in two days. When I called the store again the manager tells me that they delivered the right pieces, and I only purchased the pieces delivered. He is asking for another $$$$ for delivering the additional pieces. When I asked him what went wrong, he tells that his sales person made a mistake with price, so he is not going to deliver what I purchased in full. The request to return was accepted but never scheduled. I am going to file in the small claims and see what will happen.

Ashley Furniture
3875 Venture Drive NW
Duluth, GA

Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

I bought furniture at Ashley in mesa Arizona on November 202010and paid cash and I'm still waiting for my sofa and cair The sent me my first sofa in the middle of DEC and It was ripped all across the bottom so I refused It the second sofa came in a couple of weeks later and it has nails sticking out the front and it is also ripped on the bottom .As i was not here when it was delivered they told my daughter that she had to accept it so she did. I have spoken to 3 different managers and have got the run around from all of them .I finally was out in contact with a Dominic Biscotti and he assured me that he would take care of the problem immediately so he ordered me a new sofa and chair which was to be delivered before the end of January and I'm still waiting .In the meantime MrBiscotti wont even take my calls or call me back .I tried to get a hold of the owner who happens to own 5 stores in this area and he also doesn't call back. I think its appalling how they do business here.You would think that the owner would want to know how his business is being run.

Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

I lost time when I contacted Ashley to file a report on a newly purchased sectional recliner. Ashley referred me to the extended Warranty for repair. After contacting these people and submitting what they wanted, I was contacted a week later and informed that I need to contact Ashley because my item is under the manufacture warranty. I do not appreciate Ashley initial service when they referred me to the extended warranty, when my claim needed to be handled through their service. I was not handled properly and this has costed me time and I value the time I spend.

Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

I sat on my kids bed and it collapsed. My 3 year old really needs a place to sleep. Service said they would call us in 8 days. They didnt call. Keep in mind this is to set up an appt. It might take three weeks or months or whatever for my kid to get her bed back. RUN THE FCK AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY if you live in the Central Maryland area. They outsource their repair work and it is aweful. Get yourself a good pair of running shoes and run from Ashley Furniture! This place is a huge JOKE!

Jul 13, 2016 2:06 am EDT

I ordered $4000 worth of bedroom furniture that was promised in 2-4 weeks, now it is going to be 8 weeks! There is nohing they are willing to do to satisfy me or to let me cancel the order. I will never buy from Ashley again and I was planning on re-furnishing my whole house! We told our sales guy that we were getting rid of our current bedroom furniture for the new so it was very important that we have it in the 4 weeks and he said it would be. My fiancé and I are now sleeping on our mattress and boxsprings on the floor and there is nothing else in our room. Our clothes are in baskets because we made a promise to sell our bedset to someone and because we are people of our word, kept our word and Ashley has us sleeping on the floor because they don't keep their word. Absolutely ridiculous!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

625 complaints