Arwyp Medical CentreReceptionist

P Jun 18, 2021

I'm not one to do this but I think the receptionist I just got off a call with really crossed the line this time around...

I made an appointment to see the ENT in May at 12PM, i was so ill, I took a day off and drove to arwyp medical Center . I told the receptionist I had an appointment with the doctor at 12Pm. The receptionist tells me the doctor has left and she called all the patient's to come in earlier and not me !

She asks for my last name I tell her, then she claims that the doctor saw me 🤔. I tell that's not true . She then tells mistakes happen "askies" and walks away.

As she walks out I asked her for a business card or a number that I can call the doctor on for telephonic consultation, she still walks out and points where it is.

Fast forward. Doctor says I should come one Monday he will see me ... again she gives me an attitude telling I didn't book an appointment, I explain to her that the doctor said I should come at this time.

Doctor explains that I need to do a tonsillectomy. They will contact my medical aid for an approval.

Fast forward, 8 June I call the reception to find out if medical approved or not, she rudely tells me to wait she's still busy with other patients she will do mine later and hangs up 🙃.

Fine. 9th June I call my medical aid myself and they conform to have approved. On 10th I go to the hospital,

9 days post surgery I experience some painful
Contraction on my neck, my nose is drooling . throat is bleeding. I call the receptionist to ask if I can maybe consult the doctor, she shuts me out completely, first she complains that I'm not loud enough (which true because I'm still recovering)

She tells me to come at 2PM, the time is 11am, I'm in pain ... I ask for the doctor numbers she says she can't give me that number, I ask for the same number she once gave to me she eventually gives.

All in all, I've had a very good experience with the dr Makaulule, his helped my son with his sleep apnea, I could call whenever there were issues and he helped me.

With the receptionist I've been holding things back . She's rude. She will shout as if I'm a child. She has an attitude .. I don't think this is a way to treat patients especially when they've expressed that they are in pain !!!

I really which the ent had a another practise with a different receptionist, because truly speaking his a good doctor !!!

Comment Guidelines