ARCOpre authorization hold of $100.35

A

On March 31 2019 went to arco for gas. Swiped card but was not able to pump gas. Attendant said need to wait 5 min because he was resetting pumps due to gas being delivered from gas truck. I didnt want to wait and i didnt pump any gas. I left the gas station. Next day on april 1 i see $100.35 hold. This incident happened between 5:40 and 6:00pm on 3/31/19. The hold has been on my card for 7 days. Please refund my money.

• Ne
    New H. Dec 04, 2019

Consumers beware! On November 30, 2019 at 0930, I pulled into an ARCO station located in Moorpark California, station # 42886. At pump number 6, I swiped my debit card 3 times and it didn’t work. An ARCO employee, with her apron pulled down around her waist so I could not read her name tag, approached me to assist.
    Within my personal space, she closely observed me as I swiped my card again and punched in my pin.
    She then invited me to move my car to another pump and use the charging machine inside the shop. I agreed, but chose to pay with cash inside. She seemed disappointed that I chose to pay with cash.
    Once I returned to my car, I immediately called my bank to alert them of this strange encounter/exchange. While on hold with my bank, I was alerted of a fraudulent charge of $100.35 made to my debit card.
    Upon reporting this to the ARCO customer service line, they informed me the $100.35 charge was a normal practice. Nonetheless, this seems like a fishy business practice and I will no longer use my debit card at an ARCO gas station.

Comment Guidelines