Anthem Blue CrossStonewalling claims payment

L

I have yet to have a medical claim paid since signing on with Anthem Blue Cross PPO January 2009. Despite my providing releases of information for PCP both in Glendale and in New Mexico, sending a letter explaining my visits to a local PCP, Anthem tells me they cannot pay claims until they get more comprehensive records from previous doctors. My previous PCP in NM has moved so no records will be forthcoming there. I don't remember signing any documents stating that I am responsible for hunting down and somehow ensuring my doctor of a year ago sends tx information. What legal recourse do I have?

• Zi
    ZiffrinTold Aug 05, 2009

Did a little research and found Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of California, and Wellpoint have been sued for failing to reimburse patients for out-of-network costs. They have a brief item about the litigation, plus you can download a report by the New York AG, or sign up to participate in the action. http://www.classactionfaq.com/consumer-fraud/bluecross/

• Fa
    FAMILY RIGHTS Jun 17, 2009

Contact your state's insurance regulatory agency/commission!