American Web Loan Logo

American Web Loan

Having problems with American Web Loan?

American Web Loan Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with American Web Loan Customer Service. Initial American Web Loan complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for American Web Loan above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about American Web Loan. Discuss the issues you have had with American Web Loan and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

American Web Loan Complaints & Reviews

American Web Loanfraudulent loan taken out in my name

Contacted company on 8-1-19 about a loan that was taken out in my name. Was informed that I needed to pay it all back but I was charged wiring fees by my bank of $45. My bank wired back $455 of the $500 because of the fees. On 8-9-19, I contacted them to see if the loan was paid in full and was told it was. Informed them that I wanted a written letter mailed to me paid in full and wanted reimbursement for mileage, gas, new checks for a checking account and my time. Was informed they could not do it.

• Sh
      Shadonna Rawls Aug 20, 2019

This just happened to me as well. I am currently fighting to clear my name. It almost seems as though someone within the company is doing this. What I don't understand is how they got my information to do so. I've never had an account with them. I have never even heard of them until this happened.

American Web Loanphony loan

I received an email this morning that I had an account created with them and a secondary email containing a temporary password. I already fell into the partial trap and reset my password to something new, which now i deem that password has a dead password since now its in their system...

Anyways after I logged in, they have old information that is almost 10 year old for this account, my last 4 of social seems to be known, but that is about it. I checked creditkarma and I see nothing on my report, they state they opened a $500.00 loan for me however I did not open this loan, it just magically appeared. This company sounds like a data mining scam, if you get a call or email from these people to 'verify' your information, and you have no idea who they are, DO NOT. Do not give them any information. This feels like a complete scam and something terrible can happen if they have to much of your identifying information...

Here is a copy of the email I received stating they 'created ' an account for me.

phony loan

American Web Loanrequest for documentation

I received a voice mail from Stephanie Miller stating they are attempting to locate me and that I should call back immediately or if I know said person I should pass their information to their office at [protected]. I called back and she said the case had been turned over to them and could not release any information until she verified she was speaking with the person of interest by verifying the last 4 digits of my social (which she had correct.) I verified my DOB. She stated that the case had been turned over to them after a loan company had attempted to regain payment (amount she did not disclose) owed to them by me. She said this is from 2013. She quickly went through some information including the name of a bank that I once had an account through and gave the last 4 numbers (not sure if it was mine as I do not remember the account number.) She also said the account had a R2 status - was closed or had insufficient funds. I asked her to not contact my fiancee's sister as she stated they called her to find out if I live there; which I don't) and all Stephanie could say was we do not make outbound calls (ummm I had to return your call so you do make outbound calls.) She said they are going to serve me papers; however I stated that they do not notify a person they are going to do this; they just do. I asked her for documentation to show I owe this and she said it is passed that and recommends I have an attorney on file. I am not sure what to do at this point.

Joshua Dershowitz Jul 11, 2019

I received a similar thing, but I have not talked to anyone yet. They opened a loan for me that I never opened or approved for $500.00. They do not have any of my personal information that is current, except for the last 4 of my social it seems, even my last name is different as I changed it. Do not give them anymore information or 'verify' anymore information that you already have, they seem to be collecting data and might use it for something else. Check your credit history and make sure they are not actually opening or doing anything with your information.

• Sh
          Shadonna Rawls Aug 20, 2019

@Joshua Dershowitz Same here. Some outdated information was used but somehow the loan was still approved and issued. I also recommend filing a police report and freezing your credit if you have not done so.

American Web Loan — american web loan

This is honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with. They not only lied to me about how their loan...

American Web Loan — They stole $500 and no idea why

I applied for the loan and the rep from the company American Web Loan told me that I would need to pay $300...

American Web Loan — Scam

I received a voice mail from [protected] stating they are attempting to locate me and that I should call...