American Laser Centersunprofessional, dangerous, painful and no refund!

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Br
    brandi Aug 06, 2008

After reading these complaints, I called tocancel my appt. They were extremely rude!!! Thanks for everyones complaints, you saved me alot of trouble!

beche Aug 06, 2008

Hello Allen from ALC:
    You cliam that you have been listen but again you CSR 877 # is nothing but a waste of out time. What about our refund? What about the lack of training that your company avdertised? What about the poor management skill that run the office? What about the people performing the laser treatment and burn us? What about your live person? They do not the authorithy to make any refund. They just take down names, numbers and "oh someone will get back to to soon." Yes, soon is like never to your company. Again what about the training? I was told by two differenct nurses that they all showed each other how run those laser. Like one nurse said "if you're just a Tech than under you company everyone can teach each other to perform these laser because you're all under a doctor's or nurse's license who's not even in your same state. It's like those late nite ads that doctor's give their name behind the products but never have to perform or be in the office to know what their names is used for. Just who the hell think you're folling here? Take you bull ### CSR and feed it to your doctor's and nurses that sell out their license for money. Great for them, ### for the clients and for those Techs that receiced their "training". I hope clients go after you as well! Sue them all!!!

• Al
    Allen Aug 06, 2008

Hello all,

I represent American Laser Centers and we’ve made some adjustments to our customer services protocol that we wanted to bring to your attention. Jen Iser - thank you for your response on this board as well.

We would like to let you know that we have been listening to your feedback about our customer service process and have incorporated your requests in some recent changes.

When you call our customer service team at [protected], a live customer service representative will be able to take down your information and assist with your request. There will be a representative available to speak with you from 8 a.m. EST to 6 p.m. EST. If the customer service representatives are assisting other clients, there is an option to remain on-hold or be placed into voice mail. Our representatives check the voice mail system regularly and you will receive a prompt response if you leave a message.

Please understand that we are constantly looking at ways to improve our client experience. We genuinely appreciate any and all feedback and appreciate your patience as we continue to evolve our customer service approach.

Allen
    [email protected]
    www.americanlaser.com

Anonymous Aug 05, 2008

I'm sorry...just felt better to copy the helpfull e-mail from the Midwest Regional Manager to whom it may concirn...
    good luck on the battle against fake and fraudulent people!!!

Anonymous Aug 05, 2008

Jen, thank you, I will call you regarding my velashape refund...the clinic doesn't have the machine yet and I want my money back asap!!!I bought the velashape package three months ago and they want me to drive 30 miles away to another clinic each time I have a session.It will not happen because I asked for a refund.I can't afford to spend $2400 for this tretments and then waist my gas to travel to another location.This is very unprofessional!!!The technicians and CM say they will get the machine within next weeks but they don't.They lie you in your face just to get the money from you!!!
    You should take some action, other than calling us (clients) by the end of the month letting us know about your "specials"...

Jen Iser Aug 05, 2008

I am the Midwest Regional Manager, if you need any assistance you can reach me 24/7 at the phone number: [protected].
    I am looking forward to speaking with you!
    Thank you!

Anonymous Aug 01, 2008

Jen Iser Aug 01, 2008

I am looking forward to speaking with you!
    Thank you!

Josie Aug 01, 2008

I am so glad I read your complaint!
    I got the same "lucky winner" email and
    I was so excited at first, but thought I would
    check it out to see if there were any others
    who won and if it was legit.
    Needless to say, I will not accept this "prize".
    Thank you for alerting people to this scam.

Jobell A. Soriano Jul 31, 2008

To whom it may Concern,

Mabuhay!

BBWireless Inc. offers the unsurpassed comprehensive and in-depth Offshore Outsourcing, focusing in specialized and high-end IT solution services combining expert analysis, experience, dedication and commitment.

Our offshore services include (but not limited to) the following IT services:

Database Maintenance
    File parsing, processing, reporting & conversion
    Data Entry Services and Processing

Document Composition
    Design, Develop and Deploy Transactional & Direct Mail Application
    for both paper and electronic delivery.

Web Design and Development
    Back Office IT related Operations

IT Solutions, Mobile Applications and Project Management

SMS / text messaging - based Information on Demand Services for Education, Healthcare, Government, Hospitality Industry, Commercial and Industrial applications, that includes :
    a. SMS to Database ( vice versa)

b. SMS to Email ( vice versa ) using Email Servers / Clients like Microsoft Exchange / Outlook and IBM Lotus Notes / Domino

c. Broadcast SMS from mobile users on SMS and PC-based web access

We also customize services to meet the requirements of your clients. Our goal is to come up with a service arrangement that is most advantageous to our clients. Our office runs 24 x 7 so that we can perform your business through any particular time zone of your choice.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you!And more power to your company.

beche Jul 31, 2008

Hey it'strue! One of the owner of ALC of MD and VA is now working as a Tech in their Strling VA location. People this is your one and only chance to come by and down load on her on all your issues and problems. And yes please I agreed with the other lady and would also like to add that the manager their is calling everyone and trying ever so hard to sell more contracts. Just say no and tell her to sell it to Malissa. SHe the owner and acting Tech there. Don't bother to wait for your email or Cathy to call you back or their 800 #. Its all BS. Just call Sterling office or drop by and ### it all out to Malissa. There office # is [protected]. Don't be taken for a sucker and give away all your money. There's no refund, just bad service, lots of BS and countless run around and at the end no refund. Paige will still be calling you and ask you to sign another contract, great discounts and she'll even give away more free service. BS! Just tell Paige to stop calling people even when they tell her no thank you. Hello, that woman need to stop smoking something. Call the Sterling office and ask for Malissa. [protected].

• Ki
    Kim Jul 31, 2008

American Laser is a rip off don't do it!

Please read if you are even considering them!!!
    I bought a contract 4-17-06 with Susan at American Laser Orlando Florida.It is now 7-19-08 and this is the results of their service!I bought a contract with American Laser 1 year ago and was promised hair removal from the laser treatment ($1030.61)Came with a so called 100% guarantee, and 2 years after the final treatment of hair removal! Well it has been 1 full year and not one hair fell out!They have had me on the highest settings that the machine will go and now double passes and still nothing.I have fulfilled my end of the bargain by showing up and being tortured by their laser machine which by the way does hurt allot and still nothing.After calling the Regional Manager Jaclyn Alfonso and not getting as much as a return phone call the store manager Katie Glynn called stating they would do an investigation to see what the problem could be and put it through as a slow starter!Now I explained I was not a slow starter I was a no starter and wanted my money back, I was told the regional manager would have to do it(Who by the way will not return my phone calls).I understand they say it works for some but obviously not all, and their so called guarantee is in my opinion nonexistent.Do not get sucked in by them they are over priced to begin with and it doesn't work for all people if any.I paid them in full and can't get as much as a phone call back from them about giving me my $1030.61 back.And I don't know about all of you but to me that's a lot of money to just give away!And only God knows the damage that could have been done long term by the high and double passes they did to my face!So far nothing but who knows 10 years down the line?Don't do it !!!
    5/17/07 Well update Just got a call from Jaclyn Alfonso the Regional Manager finally and they don't want to give me my money back!She says I haven't fulfilled my end of the contract and that I need to go another 6 treatments before they will even consider that it isn't working. I've only been going a year 6 treatments and that that's not enough.Also that I never got a Guarantee of hair removal only hair reduction! She also says that they would never sell it that way and basically called me a liar.Then had the nerve to ask if I got anything in writing to back it up! Of course I have everything I was given in the office when I paid all the money upfront! Any way they want to start me on another protocol and do it differently with double passes and new settings.Even after I explained we were doing double passes on the highest settings and it was hurting really bad she didn't care had no feelings about that at all and then blamed it not working on the technician!Says they weren't doing it properly, when I explained that that wasn't my fault and I still wanted my money back I was told I had to go through another 6 treatments anyway and then if it didn't work they would reimburse me all but 10% because of the paperwork involved.So basically I got no where fast with her.I'm wondering if she is back peddling because they just got a new machine and that maybe the old one didn't work and they know that why else would she want to keep doing it it is obvious that it isn't working on me!Today I will be copying my contract (Papers) and sending them certified to the main office.(More out of pocket money)She say's they will be sending me a new contract guaranteeing me money back if it doesn't work after 6 more treatments!I guess a copy of the last one offering the same guarantee isn't good enough!And another year of pain I guess!
    7-19-2008UPDATE:Well it's been another year and still no results!Janet the technician has been as nice as could be considering the torture she put's me through doing the double passes ect.And now I'm done fulfilling my side of the bargain (Again)And already the run around from Katie Glynn the office manager has started!I was told they would have the office manager call me after my last treatment, after a week of waiting I called her and her response was that's not how things work!!! Then the lies started.
    1st She doesn't remember the contract she signed and gave me!
    2nd She doesn't remember me for that matter!
    3rd She needs a copy of the contract promising a refund after another 6 treatments 7 to 10 weeks apart Double passed, 1 year more of torture basically.(She must have lost hers!)Before she can start the process.
    4th She won't contact her boss Jaclyn Alfonso the Regional Manager with out it.Refused to let me talk to her boss!Again same old thing as last time.
    5th Then she calls and tells me she needs an updated picture of the hair (2 to 3 days growth)The pictures they take before each treatment isn't good enough?!Before she can start the process and tells me she did contact her boss anyway and thoughs are the terms before they will even consider the refund as they had promised, but first I must send her the paperwork and pictures.The doctors have to see them to start the investigation!!!The word of Janet the tech treating me or the pictures she took aren't enough!At the end of the conversation with her I found out she didn't contact them they contacted her after I was in contact with costumer service after they read my complaint here and they finally contacted me and I responded to them last week!This woman is unreal the lies just get deeper and deeper.How she sleeps at night is beyond me!!!
    Anyway I mentioned talking with customer service well the man I've been talking to (Angle)has promised to contact his boss and get back to me Monday afternoon about things.We'll see what happens next.
    Katie Glynn just seems to want to humiliate me once again and get me to go away and I only hope Angle can get the higher ups to fulfill their end of the contract!!Someone having hair removed is usually sensitive about it and they seem to be counting on it!
    [protected](Update)Well still waiting to hear back fromm customer service (Angle Gonzalaz)[protected] ext.215. after last talking to him no return calls at all called again [protected] they aren't returning calls as promised!Surprise surprise!!This company just keeps lying!And I even have aouther promise in writting and still nothing!No money back as promised!!!

beche Jul 31, 2008

To all the people in the greater MD and VA area. The Sterling owner is now "acting" as a Tech in the Sterling office. Her name is Malissa, she and her brother owns the these offices. My friend was there a few days ago and I was told that Malissa is the owner and if you have any issues what so ever, you can come by the Sterling office and tell it to her face. Let her have it. They wouldn't give me my money back and wasted all my time, most of all I had to put with their dumb ### office office who kept calling every week to try to sell me more packasges. First of all you have not giving any real serivces that I have for and have not finish yet. Now I should sigh up for another one just so that you can make your sells goal this month. ### you. I even told her that I was not interested and please not to call me at my work and I will call her when I'm ready to make my next appt. But the ### just keep on calling me. Gee, must be s slow month or PMS or something. So if you have issue about the Sterling office call and speak to Malissa at the Sterling office [protected]. Enough alrady with the bull ###. Oh if Malissa tells you that she's only a Tech there thats bull ###. Let her have it.

• Sb
    S.B. Jul 30, 2008

I've been going to ALC for two years now and the place is a joke. I thought I was saving money, but in reality I've only lost it - the treatments I paid thousands of dollars for never worked. One or two treatments at a dermatologist's office would have done more than the 8 treatments I've had at ALC. Hence, I should have paid for the two treatments at a dermatologists office and saved myself the pain and hassle of having to deal with ignorance, incompetence, and the ineffectiveness of the hours I've wasted at ALC. For all those living in NYC, go to Michelle Copeland's office for skin or hair removal treatments. Her prices are higher, but the results are exponentially better. She has an MD/PhD from Harvard and cares deeply about her patients. Trust me, contact her and avoid all dealings with ALC. I learned my lesson on that one. Not everything can be bought at a sale price, and most certainly not hair removal and skin treatments. You get what you pay for. ALC is a scam. Those who need a testimony from NY, let me know. I'd be happy to share my awful experience, if it will help save others from a similar fate.

• St
    Stephanie G Jul 24, 2008

I was the lucky winner of a $350.00 gift certificate from American Laser Centers. I entered a drawing at a local event in Wyandotte, Michigan and won third prize. Of course, anyone can be a winner. All you have to do is get the daily paper and clip the $350.00 coupon! It was a scam to get me in the door and get me signed up for packages that cost much, much more. Stay away from them. They're scam artists.

beche Jul 23, 2008

HI People, I would like to add my two cent. Yes these people are correct! Each office is not license and each office are owned by corp. and smaller mom and pops set up. Each office are not license with the state to conduct the services that they are providing. The name of the "DR." is really off of the creater og the whole company who is not at all involved in any of these hundreds of ALC places all over the country. Its it the late nite commercial trying to sell you products, and they got some DR. name behind. These doctors give their name but not their license, not their own office practices. That's the scam. Florida, Texas and Virginia it sounds like all of your ALC are mom and pops set up. And yes if their not train, their not license and they discrimanate against cleints and employees than its time to take them to court. Sue them for all the little things that adds up to the big $$$$. Thats will get their attention.

• Ju
    justathought123 Jul 22, 2008

Ok so here's the deal. For those who need some info. First off try and contact there corporate at [protected]. The person to complain to is Eva M. Bearse she is extension 291. She is the customer service department. Literally she is the whole department. All complaints go to her. She does absolutely nothing but make you think you will get something back. She will tell you to go in and take photos. Yup let them humiliate you a little more is probably their motto. Take off your pants so I can take a photo of your vagina even though I know you were injured by us and upset at the company. That was all sarcasm by the way. So this is what I did. I contacted HIPPA because they violated the patient confidentiality. I contacted the Florida Health department. News flash to everyone. They are not licensed!!! Each office is licensed under some doctor that they refused to provide me with the name and the license number. So therefore HIPPA had absolutely no jurisdiction over American Laser. I contacted the department of civil rights and they reopened my case. I contacted the department of agriculture and consumer affairs and they have no jurisdiction, in fact they encouraged me to take it to small claims court. I also contacted the the Florida State attorney generals office and apparently they have a pending case against them. So right now I am waiting on a response from the department of civil rights and I have a court date set this september of 2008. Basically there are class action law suits but in those only the lawyers make the money, not people like us. Small claims court is not expensive. I know here in Florida it's $175.00 and covers your first $2, 500. My suggestion look online at the nearest court house to you and look at their rates. Ask them where to find the registered agent. Here in florida go to sunbiz.org
    If the judge rules on your behalf, which they should because we all know this company is pure fraud, you will be refunded all the court fees that you had to pay to get the case started. Make sure you take your time and prepare for this case because their registered agent (lawyers) are well prepared.) So if the judge rules on your behalf the company will have to pay all court costs, meaning you will be refunded what you paid out of pocket and whatever the amount they will be giving you back. I have several affidavits of witnesses who saw my burns and I have the client who was told all my personal information. DON'T SIT DOWN AND DO NOTHING!!! THIS COMPANY HAS TO STOPPED!!! The only way that I realized is to sue them for you to get your money back because apparently no damn department in the whole united states of america has jurisdiction, that's how well protected they are. The only people that can rule against them are the judges. Now, they are not scared when you say you will take them to court. make sure you review your contract thoroughly and good luck. Like I said, my case is in September and I have tons of evidence against them. If you need help contact me and I will do the best I can. I am not a lawyer, I am a patient that was injured, humiliated, had my info leaked out and so forth. I can only help you with what I have learned from experience of trying to get my money back.

beche Jul 21, 2008

Hey people, did the office manger at the Sterling office finally get fire? My mom came by the other day and the place was locked. It was their regular business hours? I hope she does, Paige the manager is so sickening sweet when she tries really hard over the phone with you, like she's wants to be your friend. But when you say no and turn her sell call down, she get down right nasty. She told me that "I know you need this service, I know you want me to make my sells goal and I know if you were in my shoes you would help me sign up and achive my goals for this month". What in God name would I even think of helping anyone like her for talking to me that way. What a ###. Who ever hired her should be fire too. What are they really good freind and one help the other a job at ALC? Its crazy to think that the office manager pitch a sale call to you and act like sign up or else. The ### she think she is? My mom said that they go through Techs their like water. I believe it. But that goes with out saying that this office is ### up and us clients come in all nude to new people also go with out saying that the owners doen't give a rats ### about the clients. I feel sorry for anyone having to work with Paige and mostly with her moody[censored]y side. CLients beware of this office. Just ask for your money back and go somewhere else. Clients you have been warn!!!

• Fr
    Frustrated Jul 19, 2008

::::::::ATTENTION::::::::::Everyone please copy and post these reviews on yellowpages.com so that when people search for their number, they are able to see all of the complaints. You can write a review that corresponds to your particular location. It does not take long at all to register and write the review. This way maybe some new customers will see the reviews when attempting to call. I know that that is how I got their number in the beginning. I wish someone had written a review that I could have read.

This company has stolen so much money from people. Everyone nees to put a little time and effort into bringing them down. I would write our story, but it is the exact same story as everyone else. Paid thousands, no results, no refund, horrible customer service. They leave you feeling depressed and helpless.

Hit them where it will hurt, post your review on Yellowpages.com.

• Fr
    Frustrated Jul 19, 2008

Hit them where it will hurt, post your review on Yellowpages.com.

• Dr
    drG Jul 18, 2008

Hi people, is it to my understanding that ALC hires their employees to conduct laser treatment on clients and does not train them, but advertised that they do? Well I'm a lawyer and thats grounds for lawsuit after lawsuite. If a company put any thing in writing, just as them claiming you sign papers in writing and can't sue them, than by all means its fare game to sue them back for false advertisment and malpractices. Ask to see their training records and write down people's names that certified as the company's trainer. If the company is truely on the level as they stand behind their claims for their treatment. Than by all means, I'm sure they won't mind if the cleints see the compnay's training cert. the employees test result and the employees cert. of each and everyone of those machines that they will conduct on the clients.
    I've read this one lady advice and the one doctor's advice and they are very good. Don't get so lost in your lawsuit base one what you sign with the company. Think more of whats behind the scene and think about what advertised and they the company have their claims in writing and posted in their sites. Talk to your lawyers about the company's records and employees as well as the owners of smaller groups of ALC not just the big corp. I'm sure you'll fine more info. to get back at them. As advice to employees to, you have rights and contact the EEOC will get their attention fast. Don't get up, knowledge is power.

Jen Jul 18, 2008

Deceptive, dangerous, but works...

I do agree these people are very deceptive and all they care about is money. They're horrible at making appointments and most of their employees have an attitude problem. One day I came in and they told me that my 10 treatment package was done (when clearly I was only halfway through my treatments) and I literally had to talk the lady for about 30 minutes and explain everything. The lady had a major attitude problem and kept saying she was right and eventually she realized SHE WAS WRONG! She never even apologized...VERY RUDE! Their employee turnover ratio must be VERY HIGH because I always see new employees in there who don't seem to know what they're doing. Also, I have had one laser hair removal treatment on my whole body and they did burn me in my bikini area. The process was VERY PAINFUL. Obviously they had the settings too high. The lady told me the corporate office would call me that same day since the burns were noticeable and somewhat severe. I didn't even hear from the corporate office for another month or so. Luckily the scars are not that noticeable anymore. Anyhow, after only one treatment, I am already noticing areas where there is no hair growing back so the treatment is working. Different people have different results though. I have tan/brown skin and black hair and it seems to be working well for me. However, I do regret going to these people because they are a HEADACHE. I don't think any business can be successful without good customer service and American Laser Center clearly does not value their customers.

• Dr
    drG Jul 17, 2008

I am so sorry that most of you are having so much problem at the Sterling VA. office. I 'm a doctor's and lately have had our fill with calls from ALC coming in wanted to get further treatment from us and are fighting very hard to get their money back from this office.
    The writers from this site, mostly this page is correct. It is the company's fault if htey did not train their employees before they get to service on patients. Its like if you already know how to drive a car before you join up with this company but now that you are work for ALC they want you to drive a eighteen wheeler. It is malpractice and medically wrong.
    It doesn't seem right even to hire a use car sale manager as one lady wrote and have this person give advice and decide skin type and treatment types for anyone.
    I've read their site and it does say that medical staff and techs are to go through rigorous taining and tested, before they are to working with patients. If this is not true and ALC does not have any form or protocls of training than yes the client should sue these people for malpractice and get the state that issued them their licenses to conduct an investigations. I'm very sorry for all that have bad dealing with the Sterling VA. office, including staff member too. Patients should be taken care of not take down to, patients should tell you whats wrong with them not the office manager tell patients whats wrong with her. As for the Techs and RN that works at this office, if have have the training and experience background in this field by all means, there's so many doctors office and clinic out there that you can work at. You should never be subject to any abusive treatment. Contact the EEOC there Federal, they have the power to take any company to court. Good luck to all and I'll be looking in on this site and hope I can help you all a little further.

pisoff Jul 17, 2008

To all of you who wants to sue ALC and the lady that gave all those advice, its all TRUE!
    If you log onto ALC web site and under overview, training and all their lay out, it saids they train all staff members before allowing any services on clients. But the inside truth there's no such training thats why you are burn and scared. Ifts false advertisment and they lied on paper and on their web site to get your money. Thats right, get a hold of their training records, but make sure that the employees sign off on those training. Not just the owner who happen to be an RN, MA or use car sales person who creative write up some training papers and sign off to you to see. It take all people's signatures to confirm things. Yes they lied to you. As one owner of the east coast said to me "there has not been one lawsuit that we did not win", no one can sue us". Well like the one lady saidon this website, your sign contact is one thing, but false advertisment and discrimantion of race, refund practices and malpractices is all something else. Tell you lawyer to look into this and teach them that you're smarter and can beat them at their own game. Good guys get the last laugh.

• Vn
    vngg Jul 17, 2008

Hey ladies, I can so relate with the lady afraid of the Sterling office. I was treated with good service from the last manager. But since this Paige, whom I have not met, does have an attitude. I called to make my appointment and here the list of excuses she through at me.
    - Oh my machine is broken but if you want to change to another package I can give you a better rate.
    - Oh my Tech said she needs more time, so i can't book you the hours you're asking for.
    Oh the Tech is new and she said the microdermabrasion machine needs refills so she can't service you today.
    - Oh I had a family emerency and I have to leave for a few hours, so if you call me back I'd be happy to book your appts.
    - The office is closed this day and no we have a meeting that day, but I'll you and get you in.
    Still a month later she have not call me back. She never return ay of my calls, promised me her manager will get in touch with me, and on and on but nothing. However, when I take the time to call her out of my business schedule, she takes my time over the phone and tells me about people don't treat her right, she got this headach that just won't go away, her daughters problems, her long drive to Sterling office. But when I cut her ff she start giving me attitude, like she's black and all knowing attitude. What a very sorry sad little person. Fine if this office can't get me in, than by all means give back my money. No, they won't do that. They still haven't return my calls. Sterling Virginia office should just close down, what a waste of space! Don't go to Sterling office the manager got too much personal problems to do her job or take care of cleints.

• La
    ladyH Jul 17, 2008

This is to all wh need to know in Sterling Virginia location, the manager gave me advice and even told me to goto see my doctor if I didn't like the service that I had receive from her office. Now just what kind of second hand service is this? I dropped by to speak to the Tech at that office and that office manager started acting up like the Tech didn't want to see or something. The manager started asking me questions about my treatment, but I told her I feel better if I speak to a prefessional. Oh dear god after saying that I believe I really said the wrong thing. Because she went crazzzzy and her eyes pop out like they were going to fall out. She said to me: "excuse me, so are you saying I'm not a professional? You're saying Ms. thing in there is more important than than me? I'll have you know she's new, she have been here long enough to know all of our procedures. I'm the one thats been train to sell all the packages and to tell client of all its results. Your should speak to me if you feel you need a second option. I can refer you to my manager and she can answer what ever questions you may have but as for the Tech they can talk to you but they can know it all. I don't apprecate you comment like that, you see that hurts me and I'm not sure if I'm ever going to forgive for that..."
    What the ###! YES, she did say all of that, word for word. And when I asked her if her manager was a Tech as well. She said: " Yes her name is Brook and I can email her your questions and she will have all the ansers for you". Just than she answer the phone and the Tech came out of treatment, I whisper to her what had happen out her asked her if her manager Brook is a Tech form another office. Tech told me Brook is no Tech nor an RN to be giving advice. I knew that the manager was bull ### me. I told the manager I like to speak to the Tech now, the Tech and I both were in her room and that manager stood right out side and not allow the door to be close. I couldn't even speak to the Tech in private. so I was so upset I told the Tech to please close the door and I like to her alone. The manager than said this "now I know you will be saying thing about me, just remember what goes around comes around".
    The poor Tech mouth just dropped as well as mine. I was so piss off that I had totally forgot what had came in for. I just told the Tech that I wanted her upper manager number not this Brook, it sound to me that for the manager to insist for me to be directed to this person sound like a "friend of a friend". The Tech was so nice and tried to diect me to the right party. But the most up setting thing is the Tech was leaving. My heart use break for her, she's so nice and treat you like VIP and respect you as a client not at all on a power trip. I wish her the best and told her she belongs in a much better and professional office than this. I told her what I said about her manager "unprofessional" and how she off on me out there. I tell you the Tech reaction was one I will never forget.
    She laugh so hard and with tears at the same time was something! Right there I guess I made her day.
    My tell all is, the Sterling VA. office will bump your appts, change or cancel on you right before you show up, your questions will be address to a none Tech or RN and the manager there is NO Tech, RN or of clinic back ground to give ANYONE advice. Actually she should have a job, she should be in a hospital and be check out. No one, No client should be talked to like the way that woman talk to me. No Tech or personal should have to be subject to her abusive ways. This manager is far-far from having any office, client professional service. She makes me feel if I were to came back for future visit I should bring my hushand with me just in case, she goes crazy on me. But I WILL NOT/ NEVER come back to that office ever again. This is not of the Tech service matter but the crazy manager dis-service and I DO NOT FEEL SAFE AT THIS OFFICE!!! Client beware!

• Sh
    Sharonne Jul 16, 2008

I recieve a total of 5 treatments and still no results. After my second treatment I decided not to have it done anymore because I didnt see any results. I was told because I had darker skin it could take up to 10 treatment to see results. I said ok and had treatment done that day and was burned badly. I called a couple days later to inform them of the burn, I was asked to come in so they could see how bad the burn was. When I got there, I was looking for the nurse or a Dr. to come check me out, but the receptionist came in with a camera and some forms wich I refused to sighn. She said well can you sign to state that you are refusing to sighn, I refused to do that also. I left the offfice and made an appt. with a dermotologist. As of this day I still have the burn scares. You would think they would be willing to give me my money back, But just like you guys I am pulling teeth to even get the correct person to return my call. It has been 3 months.

• Vi
    vicki Jul 16, 2008

Dear Consumer:
    I think the lady with the advice is sooo right and I total 100% agree with her. My husband works for our country 2nd largest insurance company. He said that if you can't sue them over what you sign up for, sue their insurance company and have the insurance company sue them back for malpractice and fraud.

Its so true about the Sterling office. The manager there name is Paige, she's all happy - happy fake smile at you. But than she turn on you fast, when she wants the remaining payment from you. She starts rolling her eyes at you, act like she don't remember things you're telling her. And the best part when you ask her any questions about any treatment, you can see it in her eyes that she's trying very hard to act like sh'e all smart. Than when you keep asking her more questions, she get all up set and start up on you and said "oh why you start on me like that, I thought we're being real" and make it like its your fault for being in front of her. I had the pleasure of meeting two Techs there and they were wonderful. I just can't deal with that crazy misery of a ### there. I can see that she can't stand working with the nut job any more. Oh how sad to see good people who have so much going on for them had to come to a ### hole like this office. Consumer, please take my word for it, go to a doctor's office or dermatologist office but not a place like this, it will cause you so much headach and drama and all you get from the company is a two bit lier- who has no life what so ever. Stay far - far away from Straling VA. Good luck Tech lady, you go girl, just don't ever look back. You are so much better than this.

• Bc
    bckeye Jul 16, 2008

People who seek advice to sue the ### out of ALC. My advice to you is:
    1- Have your lawyers subpeona the company's training records. Its all the company's fault that they did not train there people to do their job right. If the hambuger place be sue, can ALC. They really - really need to put "use car" sales manager in treatment knowledge classes (not the actual treatment it self) but the procedures, so that they can better explain it to the client. ANd talk more professional to people.
    2- Subpeona the company's records base on their refund records. Example: If client A is not happy with her treatment/wants money back because of burning problem ect... and the cleint argued with the company and ended up getting her refund. But compare to Client B who also wants a refund and the company did not give it to them, that its self smell fishy.
    3- And subpeona their records if a certain client is white and get a refund and Asain or blacks does not. Oh that it self is dicrimantion in service.
    4- Also age range is important to. Prove to the judge that these mother ###er would sale their mother and even put a 5 yr old in there room, just to make money.
    5- Call up those credit card company and cancel and refuse to pay all charges. You didn't have any treatment, you never sign for every treatment, than that in turn is fraud, how can they charge your account for services that you never got. Claim that its the copmay's fault that keep bumping your appts. they are never open for you. Cut off the ALC money supply. Have them go home and ### their mother and brother to make easy money.
    6- Do interviews with all RN and Esthetician, you'll find alot of durty little secrect and lovely story to use and go sue their ### off.
    7- Hang round their offices or hang up signs to ask people to contact you if they want to share stories, give numbers and join up.

Once you have more poeple ban together those owners of these clinic will have sleepless nites. Who know maybe they'll fire all their car sales manager and hire real professional, non drug sniffing, crack head drama psycho ### that make their sales, make bull ### claims to the client and sleep with other female managers too. Thats all I have for you good people out there. For now.

• Co
    Connie Boone Jul 16, 2008

I signed up for hair removal on my legs. I was informed at the time that it would take one full year to have all hair removed and keep it from coming back. Three and a half years later I still have hair growing on my legs, and they have no answers for me. They have been rude and have never called me to remind me of my appointments, when they say they will. This is ridiculous when you pay the amount of m0ney that they require and guarantee you results however; it does not happen. I have been very disappointed in my results. I even gave a test for them. I missed my last treatment in May, and no one has contacted me to see where I was, or if they could reschedule my appointment. No one will call because they want me out of their hair. If they do not call then I do not go back. Also, I have had many times that I have called and get no call back. It is also amazing to me that when you try to set up an appointment they are too booked to accomodate you, however; I have yet to walk into that clinic and see anyone waiting, or in a room being worked on. I am so dissatisfied with this entire procedure. I will make sure everyone knows not to use this company. It if funny that they cannot refund your money they just want to string you along with no results. This has been a ridiculous experience. Thanks for nothing!

• Ki
    KIM Jul 15, 2008

I just went in for my 6th treatment with them and I walked out with about 36 laser burns onmy upper thigh ( I was there for bikini). My bikini area is obviously very pale compared to the rest of my body-esp. during the summer. About 10 minutes after I left I felt SEVERRE burning. I had to ice both thighs for 2 hours. I woke up this am the scares are a purple red hugh. It is horrible. I am goin in today to show them. The astetician tried to upsell me to do my legs and arms and did a few test patches to show me those areas don't hurt, but they DID when she did it and know I have burn marks on the test areas as well. She apparently didn't change the setting when doing my exposed skin compared to my bikini area. I am obviously not happy and possibly contacting a lawyer after seeing a docotor. Let me know if you have any advice.

• Mi
    mine Jul 15, 2008

How can I enjoy the class action suit I'm dealing with the Austin, TX location and is been a NIGHTMARE I hate hate hate that place I hope no one goes there! I was also burned by one of the girls, and the manager is horrible, you can tell they just want your money. Please I would like to know more information about it
    Thanks!
    How can I get more information?

• Bc
    bckeye Jul 14, 2008

ALC employees are really two part people. THe management which sales you the package and have to meet their goals. And the experience RN and Estheticains. They all went to school and had training in the field. But like any other job, equipment required more training. But thats where they cut corners on the client's scarring and long term effect it has on poeple.
    I can't express my hate for a business that put money before people's well being. Owner, CEO and small ownership you all can burn in hell. As for the serivce provider they all work on a hourly base and have family to care for, though I can only speak for some and some they are just as worst as their bosses. I'm sure the thought of people pay to attend school and training is not cheap. People keep in mind that the more write to the news stations and the more you call your radio stations to bad mouth them they won't be making any sales goals at all!

• Ra
    Rachel Stickley Jul 13, 2008

I got burnt really badly and am now left with scarring after getting Velashape. I have spent a lot of money on trying to get rid of the scarring. I am really depressed after wasting $4500.00 and getting scarred. The people who work at American Laser do not know what they are doing. I have had new people each time I go in and they are all just "trying it out". They are not even permanent employees.

PISS OFF Jul 13, 2008

Just where in hell in they fine these rejects? I am a member of the Chambers and head of the YMCA in VA. I 've been around people and handle business for a very long time. But when I'd won a drawing for $300 from ALC I thought it was a great thing. Now it turns out to be nothing but a headach and left me with so such anger with ALC.
    My appts. keep being move, changed and even when I was on time for the appt. the office manager told me that its not her fault and that the Tech was running late and maybe I should reschedule. How do you like that. Later I was told by a friend who was there earlier that, it was not at all the Tech running late it was the manager that double book everyone that day and fail to call us clients ahead to notified us. The next day I called to reschedule and was given a whopper of personal information about the manager not feeling well, her high blood pressure is going up and no one seem to understand her professional back ground.
    I'm sorry do cleint need to hear all this ### just to make an appt.? Who hired this reject? At the end of all the well inform info. about her personal self, she started to bad mouth the Tech and how she's new and even though she has alot of experience the manager don't like her attitude, she manage to get along fine with others. She kept going go and go... finally at the end of my 20 to 25 mins. phone BS, the manager told me they are not open on this day and this date and she booked here and there. HAAAAAAAAA
    I told the county personel about this office nut job and I told will be tell everyone not ever to go any where near ALC, mostly the Sterling VA. office. This have been an on going drama for a month. That nut job won't let me speak to her manager/owner. She won't let me speak to the Tech. I can't get my money back. WHAT THE HELL! We need to have channel 4 news to do a hiden story and exposed this scam. As for that nut job manager she needs to go work with cows, maybe they'll understand herand can put up with her drama. JUST STAY AWAY FROM STERLING VA. OFFICE. Its a looney bin and a drug dealer hang out.

PISS OFF Jul 12, 2008

Hey people what ever you do DO NOT- DO NOT visit or do business with the Sterling VA. and Rockvile MD. ALC ever. They the office people has no concept of business or professional tone to clients. I sign up with them and had two visit from both location and the last straw was that big mouth, eyes rolling ### at the front desk in Sterling. She talks to me like i'm retired. She kept giving excuses its either some else, some body else or its not my doing. Even the girl working with can't stand being in the same room her. I can tell!
    I wanted to speak to her upper manager and again like all of you, I was given the bull ### 1-800 number and the run around. When I called that big mouth again two days later, she play dumb on me like she didn't even remember and ever spoken to me. Is it me or could it be possible that if upper manager hear client complaints that they get written up or something???
    Just DON'T DO IT, DON'T PISS YOUR MONEY TO THEM. ONE THEY GAVE YOUR MONEY, GOOD LUCK CANCELING YOUR CONTRACT AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

• Bi
    bitme Jul 12, 2008

TO the person working at ALC on "Tuesday". you shouldn't be scard. Why should you be scared. ALC may have legal contract protecting client's law suits. But as an employee it does not protect them from EEOC law, State and Federal rights.
    Those people are in the wrong and they think they got a game going on. They will be surprise at the end. Very! Don't be scared of nothing and mostly its ALC thats ### up. They will pay one way or another. Let them hire their sorry ###, loud mouth two face, terlet seat wipe ###, used car sales person, to run their piece of ### place. But in the end, clients knows.
    Contract can't protect them, just stand your ground, play the fake game and when they lease exspected hey look ...
    Don't be scared, just let ALC have their terlet ### material people cause thats all the best that they can get.
    Trashy people eat trash, ### people love ###!

• Ts
    T Smith Jul 12, 2008

ALC is a joke. Would caution anyone using this service. Once they get the money they are always overbooked and can not get your appointments set up to fit your schedule. I had some skin tightening and after 5 treatments has never improved the area I was having treated. All that was left is bumps on my forehead that have never gone away. They only appear professional yet the techs just there to get a paycheck. No training in how to handle a laser. DO NOT GET PULLED INTO THE SCAM ITS A JOKE AND ONLY TAKES YOUR MONEY !!!

becky Jul 11, 2008

The people there are unsympathetic and rude. They say it is going to work really fast and painlessly. They lie. I have never felt so much pain! And the girls who are doing it just roll their eyes and sigh whenever I show signs of pain. I have been burnt on 2 separate occasions. I have scars. Today it gave me blisters. I have had horrible results. It has been 10 treatments or so and I still have a lot of hair. The 2 year warranty isn't what they claimed.
    Every time I go in they come up with another BS reason why it is somehow my fault that it isn't working and that it hurts so much. I have done everything they told me to do exactly how they told me to do it from the beginning. I allergic to the 'post-laser body lotion and today they told me to use it anyway because that (me stopping using it) is why it hasn't been working well. These people are crooks.

angela Jul 10, 2008

Im starting work at ALC on tuesday...im scared.