American Furniturefraud

M

I checked with the salesman prior to purchasing furniture on Novemeber 4, 2008 that the pieces were in stocked. He assured me they were there and set up a delivery date. I took the day off from work for the delivery. I received no telephone call as requested earlier. At 5 PM I called the store to ask about the delivery. It was sold to another and they had to order more, which would take "no more than 10 days". First of all, the furniture was tagged as sold to be delivered and another salesman took the tag off. Second, they made no attempt to notify me that they had to order another one. I received a telephone call a week later stating it would be another 2 weeks before a delivery. In the meantime they cashed the check. Today is nov 20, 2008 and still no furniture. The assistant manager said they were having problems with their employees selling items already sold but offered no compensation or cash return. I really do not care about who they hire. That's the company's problem. I want my money back to go elsewhere. I have to buy more furniture but NEVER NEVER NEVER from this company again.