AmAssurance CG21Insurance Surrender Service

R Review updated:

I am complaining against AmAssurance due to unsatisfaction services and unfair treatment. I have signup with AmAssuramce insurance scheme but received none service from the agent. I have inform my agent of my intention to discontinue the scheme after being tied up for 2 years as I found that it doesn't have Islamic scheme and lack of communication with agent. At the moment, my insurance is paid using Ambank credit card installment which I did not get a clear guide from the agent regarding the payment terms and condition. As the insurance approaching two years term, I have inform my agent not to continue the payment using my credit card. however, she, Rohana Ibrahim did not served me with correct information regarding the situation or update me with the payment situation. On 8th February 2012, I when to surrender my insurance policy at the Headquaters. Again, the company did not brief me with the consequences of my termination and surrender the insurance policies without any objection. After 2 weeks, I received my credit card statement and surprised to see that they still charged me for the third year policy. After several enquiry, only did I get the full information that as a credit card installment holder, I am obligated to pay for the third year as I was late to surrender the policy for 2 working days. I feel cheated and did not get fair treatment as Ambank credit card holder when surrenderring the insurance. The insurance company should have an agent to entertaint customer who about to terminate the insurance policy and did not hold any important info. After several complaint and official letters issued to customer care, which take them 2 months to give me official letters of declining the request. No one in their right mind will pay RM 3902.50 for a six days coverage. Furthermore, I am dissapointed to get service from such installment scheme which in the end, result high rish to the card holder myself. Please refer to attachment for details of complaint. In short the complaint is regarding:
1- Get a reversed charged for the third year which consist of RM 3902.50
2- Get dividend for the two years investment which I been informed amounted to RM2686.56

• Li
    Lim Ghee Choo Aug 28, 2018

I am complaining against AmAssurance Agent name Yap Soo Fook - M34600 -00 his poor services. For 2 months I did not receive the original insurance policy from the agent.
    He sent the original insurance policy to Second Hand Car dealer. For what reasons Second Hand car dealer to kept my insurance policy. Is unfair to me I paid the insurance policy

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices