Altech AutopageCell phone upgrade

A

On the 21st of October I migrated my cellphone contract, and picked the HTC S740 phone. I agreed to the R1194 excess amount that must be paid in, & the operator said they had no stock, but it will take no longer than a week. I phoned several times, just to hear "Sorry no stock" It is now 5 weeks, and I am still waiting. . . yet nobody from Autopage contacted me to say what the problem is? The importer of the HTC phones, LEAF, already confirmed that they did receive stock 2 weeks ago, yet no joy from Altech autopage. There is nobody else that you can contact except the ignorant operators at the upgrdes department.

Altech autopage, your service stinks!

• Pa
    Paul Ferreira Nov 25, 2008

Unacceptable service by supplier and dealers.

This concern lost my new Nokia 6280 phone while it was repaired
    The service encountered in getting my phone back, even when engaging the regional office, "senior" management, is shocking.
    Nor the Store where I renewed my contract nor management keep to
    promises or have the decency to follow up on any commitments.
    They treat "valued" customers (I believe if you have spend R100000.00
    with this concern you should be valued) with contemp.
    Customer care is something, problably on schedule, for the short couses
    planned for next year.
    I having had my own company, can not believe, that a listed concern,
    like Altech Autopage, can allow incompitent people, to represent them
    in public.
    Needless to say that I still do not have my phone back, nor R1000.00 worth of gift vouchers due to me, seventeen months after i took out the contract.

Nolita Mtati Jul 24, 2009

My cellphone never worked from day 1...could not get help from the service provider at Pavilion, because according to the person I spoke to I got my contract through a 3rd party, so they are not responsible. I was also not entitled to a replacement because I had the phone for over a month( I activated it after 2 weeks of delivery!!).

3 months down the line, no phone, still paying monthly, more than what we agreed on too!!! They deduct before the agreed on day, encurring me unnecessary charges. And yes, the bank statement reflect Altech Autopage.

CHOMA Oct 15, 2009

THEY DELIVERED A PHONE FOR ME, BUT AFTER 9DAYS THE PHONE DIES BY IT SELF I THOUGHT IS THE NETWORK PROLEM THEN I GIVE IT TO MY BROTHER TO USE BUT IT GET WORSE.I CALLED CELL C PEOPLE, THEN THEY GIVE A NUMBER TO CALL I TALKED TO A GUY HE SAID I MUST TAKE THE PHONE TO THE SHOP THEY WILL GIVE ME A NEW PHONE.WHEN I GET THERE THEY SAY IT MUST GO FOR REPAIR.I DONT NEED AREPAIRED PHONE COZ IS NOT MY FULT SO I TOLD THEM IWANT TO TEMENET MY CONTRACT THEY SAY I CANT THEY WILL TAKE ME TO ITC.NOW THEY SAND ME AN INVOICE FOR TWO MONTH THEY SAY I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.THIS IS NOT HAPPENING.I NEVER HAVE THIS PHONE FOR TWO MONTH NOT EVEN A MONTH.NOW AM GOING TO PAY FOR THE INVOICE AND I DONT WHAT TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM THEM.IF THEY DO SEND ME ANATHER INVOICE ILL TAKE THEM TO COURT COZ I NEVER ASKED THEM FOR THE PHONE THEY CALLED ME EVER DAY.

• De
    Dewald Aug 17, 2010

I had an internet contract with Autopage that ran for 24 months and ended May 2010. Well before May 2010 I submitted a letter to Autopage in The Bridge requesting my contract to terminate at the end of the 24 month period. This was ignored by Autopage who has continued to debit my account illegally. My contract number is [protected]

• Ri
    Riopp Oct 13, 2010

I am a new contract holder with Altech Autopage and I have received my new handset on Monday and I was told that my contract will be active in 48 hours, and till today it's still not active.I phone again on Thursday, spoke to another lady and she confirmed that it will be active by Friday morning which is today, GUESS WHAT??the handset is still not active?. I then decided to call again a few minutes ago and spoke to Samantha Ngunuza which was extremely Rude, Stupid, pathetic and unhelpful. She kept shouting at me when I wanted a solution, she even refused to give me her line manager's name, telling me that I was causing trouble, She then rudely kept me on hold and I could hear her speaking and laughing with her coleagues.I wonder if this is how Altech Autopage handles their new Contract holders???I want something to be done TODAY, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired, Samantha needs to know where her priorities ****period!!She did not even apologise, instead she put the phone on hold till I ended the call and these are the kind of bad consultants that people speak about when they refer to SA' bad service in Call Centre's. What happened to introducing soft skill?I need a response now!

John786 Dec 20, 2010

True stay away, i am anti autopage... they the worst to do business with, they dont care about there customers and they very rude.

• Ao
    A O Schlimmer Jun 28, 2011

My account is up to date and I am still suspended, just cannot seem to get any response from Autopage, this is totally unacceptible.
    This has happened time and again.I will be cancelling my contract as soon as possible.Thumbs down to Autopage.Disgruntled

• Pi
    Pieter Strydom Jun 21, 2012

My phone was stolen 9 days ago I was mugged and still my claim has not been resolved I am still without a phone and eperience
    terrible difficulty without a phone!!!

• Hw
    H Williams Oct 18, 2012

Altech Autopage overdeducted from my bank account for months up until June 2012. It then took many phonecalls to get the amount finally refunded in August. I was then billed again the same refund amount the following month which I refused to pay. Despite many attempts to reconcile the account and resolve the issue, Altech has stopped communicating with me, suspended my account and has now billed me for R5800 despite the phone being suspended. They are now taking legal action and yet I am the one that should be taking legal action. They attempted to deduct sums of money from my bank account without authorisation. We have now suffered business financial loss as a result of it.
    HA WILLIAMS - Cell phone in question: [protected]. I need urgent assistance please.
    My contact number : [protected]

Christie and Chantell Feb 14, 2013

We received a bill stating theat we owe Auto page an amount of R5000.00 on our GPRS stick. We have theen since December 17the 2012, trying to get a detailed account statement for what thee usage was used for. They kept on telling is theat it is for computer updates. We finally received a statement in February 2013, but still theere is no explanation for what thee usage was used for just amounts and volume of data used. We went trough theis statement and saw theat some of thee days were thee usage is stipulated is days were we weren't even at home using thee computer...? How is theis possible? Auto page keeps barring thee cellphone line when thee problem is actually on thee GPRS? If anyone can assist us withe a number to phone to get theis sorted, I would appreciate it.

• Ve
    VeruschkaV Aug 02, 2013

I have been submitting queries using my online profile to no avail, I have contacted the customer centre on several different occassions but they fail to provide any assistance.

Overbilled/ Incorrectly charged/ Statements or invoices not received

Since I signed a contract with them, they have been double charging me, after I complain, they deduct the extra amount, only to add it again at the end of the month. They use a debit order to deduct the money, but they only credit my cellphone account. Why do I have to pay for their incompetence???

They have not billed me correctly since I signed with them and then they have the audacity to be rude to me??

If I wanted to pay R1500.00 per motnh I would have signed a contract to that effect. After I complained about the deduction the first time, they stopped sending me statements of account as well, probably because I noticed what they were trying to do.

The so-called "team" who all the complaints are referred to, cannot seem to solve one problem.

• A0
    A007 Sep 13, 2013

totally correct, im experiencing the very same problem, i have 1 month for my cotract to expire and being billed cloed to R1000 for the past to months, did you manage to sort this issue, coz iv tried hello peter as well, but still no call from these chaps

• Al
    alleycat8080 Nov 21, 2013

I took out a contract with Autopage two years ago. I had initially ported my prepaid Vodacom number to a contract cell c number. (Worst mistake I could have ever made)

Before the end of my contract I specifically told a lady in Ballito, Altech Autopage, to change my number to prepaid as I don’t wish to continue the contract. My sim card stopped working on the 28th of October 2013 and up till this day I still do not have my number back. I was informed by Autopage that it would take 10 to 14 days to make this change yet its been already 24 days. I called numerous times to customer service to be told that my sim will be activated within 24 hours. Then I was told that I need to purchase a new sim card for R125 in order for me to receive my number.

The purchase was made on the 13th day after my sim stopped working, only to be realize that you guys sold me a sim card which doesn’t even work. I called Autopage Ballito to be told that my sim will be activated within 24 hours – which obviously was a whole lot of [censor]. I went to Autopage Pavillion because apparently they needed the details of my sim card to get it activiated. On arrival, a helpful lady informed me that my contract only ended on the 13th of November 2013! She could not answer why my sim card stopped working on the 28th Oct. She said my sim card will work after the 13th – obviously that was also a whole lot of [censor].

I am going back anfd forth with customer service, always being told different things – but now apparently it is showing on the Autopage system that I am on prepaid, which is impossible because a don’t even have a working sim card or number. So I took it upon myself to go directly to Cell C and they have informed me that Autopage has not even released my number and that the sim card isn’t even registered with Cell C.

Firstly this is a major inconvenience to my life and especially since this is a number I have listed on a whole lot of personal documentation. I am convinced that the company could not even be bothered about whether or not I have my number back – especially since I had to pay a ridiculous fee of R125 for a sim card that costs 99c! A total rip off even with the amount of running up and down and calls that I had to make because of Autopages lack of ability. Its absolute pathetic that Autopage can take such advantage of their customers. Justice needs to be done and I promise you it will be.

• We
    Wennem Jun 03, 2016

My 3G card from Autopage recently bombed out and needs to be repaired. I contacted the sales representative who sold me the card originally who very promptly directed me to the techincal call centre.

I contacted the call centre and after waiting for 15 - 20 minutes to speak to an agent, hung up. I decided to go directly to head office in Midrand to try resolve the problem. I reported to reception where my name and number were logged and I was asked to take a seat. I sat in the waiting area for approximately 45 minutes, after which I approached the reception desk again. I asked the one receptionist if she could just take the card and forward to technical dept as I could not stay any longer (having already sat there for 45 minutes). She told me that you could not do that, and checked on the sheet of the original receptionist who wrote my name down. She then said that Corleen must have forgotten about me (Corleen was taking a break at this point) and that I should just wait around a bit longer for her.

Already very frustrated with the situation, and with no time left to spare any longer, I had to leave. No-one could take my card, no-one could assist me. Disguisted. Useless!

• Au
    Audrey Joubert Jul 22, 2016

I was called for an upgrade cell phone. I received this phone, but called the next day complaining it was using all my airtime, they must rather send me a Blackberry. On the Monday I called back and said that they must cancel the collection with the Couriers as I was now happy with this phone (my son closed all the application that was using all this airtime). On Friday the 23 March my contract was cancelled and they put me onto a pay as you go. On Monday the 26 March up to 28 March I have made numerous calls to sort this out and re-open my account. I was told this has been done. When i called on 27 March as plus minus 16H4, I was told that is was not done yet. The person I spoke to said that he is requesting for them to re-open my account urgently. I don't know who I can speak to regarding this problem now. I am getting very frustrated as this is causing an invonvenience for me now. I still said that my contract has been cancelled, but 2 to 3 months down the line they will want to make me pay for their phone that I have in my possession

• Je
    Jermaine N Aug 12, 2016

Altech Autopage is an absolute disgrace to customer service. I have been billed for two devices for two consecutive months, when I only have one device on the contract. I have also been billed for BIS when I own a Samsung S3.
    On the 01/08/2013, I contacted the helpdesk and spoke to Lee and she advised that all will be sorted out.
    On the 12/08/2013, I contacted the helpdesk and spoke to Imtiaz to confirm if the reversal was done. He advised that nothing was processed as yet and he will sort all out.
    On the 28/08/2013, I contacted the helpdesk and spoke to Thandeka to confirm if the reversal was done. She advised that nothing was processed as yet and promised that she will sort all out.
    On the 04/09/2013, I contacted the helpdesk and spoke to Samonay to confirm if the reversal was done. She advised that nothing was processed as yet and will ask the Manager to contact me and that she will sort all out. (Manager didn’t not contact me)
    Just out of curiosity, I contacted the helpdesk and spoke to Comfort to confirm if the reversal was done, and he once again confirmed the inabilities of his team and Cellular Company as yet again nothing was process.
    Urgent assist is required.

• Ai
    Aidoppe Aug 23, 2016

Somebody stole my phone on 9 Sept 2009, I did the sim swop on Monday 14th Sept 2009. I struggled about a week to get my card activated, this was eventually done on Monday the 21st Sept 2009. On 22 September I received an sms from Autopage telling me my account was R12 443.02. I phoned Autopage and they said it was a mistake my account was RR328.25, (can'tt remember the correct amount). I received another sms of this amount and I phoned again, this operator informed me that there is fraud involved and the Fraud department was busy with the investigation. On Friday 25 Sept a Candice phoned me and told me there were international calls made from the handset that she phoned me on during that weekend. My phone was not open for International calls and my handset was one of my daughter that I am borrowing. I did a detailed affidavit and faxed it on Monday 28 Sept. Candice said I must make arrangement for payments with a Felicia on 05 Oct on the following nr. [protected] begin_of_the_skype_highlighting [protected] end_of_the_skype_highlighting. I could not get hold of this person and send a fax to Candice to informed her. I also send Candice 2 faxes in connection with strange phone calls on that number. Since then nobody came back to me since then.

JonathanB83 Aug 23, 2016

To whom it may concern,

I have been a attempting to contact Autopage for feedback on the IPhone4's availability.

What's started out as a simple query has now to me become an exercise in frustration and a glaring example of how not to treat a consumer.

As of now I've contacted Autopage through their website a total of 8 times, phoned their customer care line 4 times

and not on received a coherent response or even an attempt at one.

What bothers me the most is the fact that I've been the one chasing Autopage in order to receive a modicum of service and Autopage staff / corporate culture? couldn't be bothered to even acknowledge me.

I've been a customer of Autopage for almost 15 years.

If this is how they treat a customer, with such disdain, then it's clear I won't be one for much longer.

• Pi
    PinoP Aug 23, 2016

Poor service in general.Staff don't care. They never come back to you. Promises made and when things don't work out all you get is sorry. Well sorry doesn't cut it. I don't think complaints are read or taken seriously. I have sent a number of complaint to head office. I have not once received a reply. I am moving all my contracts, 4 of them, including my internet connection to another company. I have been with Autopage for 10 years now. Quite a few friends and colleagues have similar complaints and are moving their contracts

• Ka
    Kartofely Aug 23, 2016

I puchased a Vodacom starter pack & went through the normal RICA process on about the 1st September . 2 days later upon trying to phone and get a new cell number allocated by dialling 100, I got the 'Sorry you are not RICA compliant...automated message. 2 days later same story.

I then phoned Altech Montclair for them to help with with this issue. After being told that I have been captured for definite on the system I was then told to contact their head office. I duely did only to be told to call the call centre (I tried, one needs a cell number to enter before you can get through). I phoned back yet again with the promise that someone will call me back...nothing. I phoned the Montclair branch again, spoke to someone, he re-checked the system saying it appeared as if there was a problem with the system on the initial capture and it didn't go through. They then recaptured it. A few days later still NO luck with the RICA compliancy. I subsequently went back yesterday and raised the issue, The ladies stared at the computer screen blankly and promised someone would phone me & they will get it sorted... NO REPLY AGAIN from anyone.. this is utterly disgusting service.

• Au
    autocom Aug 23, 2016

i cannot believe the bad service ive experienced with autopage, firstly and incorrect contract was given and mistakes were made by an employee due to that the employee in writing said she would take over the contract as she made the mistake but6 still up til now the 3rd month i have been billed for that contract, a phone i DoNt have, as well as after many written agreements they still messing up!!! i am beyong mad at this moment and will be taking legal action!!! with all the proof anmd this goes in the [email protected]!!!

• Bi
    Billoma Aug 23, 2016

Ive had a autopage contract for several years and payment was ALWAYS made on time. However my wife passed away in August and we did not need the phone anymore as she used the number. My daughter phoned to cancel the phone end Sept. The 19th of March i received a sms on my work number that my account will be handed over. When i phoned they informed me that because we never faxed the cancellation the account was upgraded and that is what i need to pay all the service fees since sept. After several discussions i agreed to pay the outstanding amount and was told that i can then use the phone (which was upgraded -thats what i paid for) and the free minutes.I asked her about the phone and she said that i paid for the upgrade? I did not get a new phone. When i phoned today to find out about the upgrade ( i want the new phone i paid for) with the free minutes i was told that the account has been de-activated and i can only use it again after 6 months! i want to know how can you expect me to pay for something i dont get? I have to pay for a phone that i did not get (the upgrade) and for service fees that i am not using?? No one seems to be able to help me?

• Mi
    Mintana24 Aug 23, 2016

I have just upgraded my cell phone contract and gone onto a Blackberry. After 6 days now the Blackberry service is STILL not active. I have spent so much time on the phone and emails and even escalated it to the MD's offices, and still nothing. The people involved are quick to point fingers at MTN but at the end of the day they are my service providor and they should stop making excuses and fix their problems. No one cares. No one has taken it upon themselves to fix the matter. As it is I have had nothing but bad service from Autopage. I am paying for a service and have had a nightmare dealing with them.

• Fu
    funeka Aug 23, 2016

am so sick and tired of your service that i am taking matters into my own hands for the mere fact tat i had paid for my contract and you still have the nerve to switch of my phone i paid on the 31st september 2013 and yet you send me threatning sms on the 03 october 2013 at 12:07 saying that you will be switching of my line and plus there is extra billing on my account .The way in wich you treat your clientelle leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and yet you still want me to keep on paying for the contract i want to know why am i being charged more and whos fault is it that there are extra charges on my account that no one can take accountability for.
    I demand answers and i want them very soon

Marsk Aug 23, 2016

I sent my phone for repairs at Autopage in october 2009. Up to now I have gone there several times and still they give me mixed responses about the status. They claim that phone repairs take 3 weeks but for me this has turned out to be more than 4 months. This is not proffesional. Everytime I phone they only promise to phone me back and I phoned more than 10 times and they just say they will check on the phone and phone back to tell me about the phone status. After failing to get the answers over the phone there I have gone there physically more than 10 times and they say that I must go back and they phone me when the phone is ready. Now Iam so frustrated because I feel this is not proffesional. What happened to the customer policy? What do I do to get service?

• Wa
    Wakroman Aug 23, 2016

My line was blocked after I contacted Autopage on 3 seperate occations to update to my new billing details. Even after payment was recieved, Autopage still decided to block the line Restoring my line took another 5 days. I phoned each day to ask them to fix it. All they said was that there is no barring on the line and that it should come back on in 24 hrs. Eventually a store clerk saw that there was a 'soft block' on the line.

Even the manager Jocelyne at Autopage customer service was unable to see that there is a 'soft block'. She also chose to ignore return calls after she incorrectly tried to transfer me whilst I was on the line with her.

So thanks Jocelyne, you get a titillating 5 for incompetence.

So 2 store visits. 7 phone calls an 5 days of no service and I can finally use my phone again. I will be sure to leave Autopage in 4 months when my contract expires.

Now lets see if they can debit the correct account next month. Holding thumbs.

• Pa
    Parialle Aug 23, 2016

I was advised that I was due for upgrade and went into Autopage at Boardwalk to enquire about packages. Was advised that I could upgrade to Samsung B3310 for R55 pm. When collecting the phone a few weeks later I noticed R115 was written in the space where my monthly amount should be. When I queried this I was told that the R55 is for new customers and not for upgrades. The clerk advised that if I take the R115 contract I receive a voucher for R500. I advised her that I would then rather wait out my contrct and see if i get a better offer elsewhere. She told me to wait and made a call. Came back to say the R55 is fine and handed me the phone. Now a week later, I receive a call to say it is not R55 but R115 and that if I dont agree to this I must bring back the phone. I also now do not qulify for the voucher if I agree to the R115 contract. I am shocked that Autopage can allow this level of incompetence with their client facing staff, and that the customer is now incomvenienced to make a trip of 70km to return a phone that I would not have taken if I was going to pay R115 + for it. I will wait for my contract to expire and will move elsewhere. I am very dissapointed.

• So
    Sonwabo Koti Aug 23, 2016

I'm qiute feed up with Altech Autopage they can't deliver or solve any problem of their subscribes, I had a contract with them, the account is up to date but my line is still suspended its been about a week now. They simple just say switch off your phone and switch it on again they don't even exactly know what they are doing the are clueless and I believe this Company shouldn't even exist they deliver a service well. I wouldn't advise anyone to take a contract with them.

• Gk
    gkatsouras Aug 23, 2016

After complaining to them about charging my account for sending filthy sms to the phone that my wife is using, they offered to refund only half my money.

This is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I have never subscribed to any such nasty service, can you imagine a 54 yrs old lady who is deeply involved with her church to receive 'WET & HORNY messages' on her phone.

I spend a lot of money calling the autopage customer number but I will not stop untill they refund me with ALL THE MONEY that they have taken out of my bank account without my permission.

SHAME ON YOU AUTOPAGE, I hope that THE CROOKS OF SMART CALL that you work with and line each other's pockets will jam your mother's cell phones with the same filthy & nasty sms in order to undestand how I feel.

• Li
    Lisster11 Aug 23, 2016

For the past year or more, I receive numerous sms's from Autopage warning me that if I don't make payment they will suspend my line. Every month I call the call centre - who pass me onto the accounts department and they kindly say that it's a system problem and I must ignore the sms's. Nonsense!!! Fix the system problem!!!
    I have an arrangement to pay my account at the end of the month - like I would normally pay all my accounts. Who pays accounts on the 15th of the month?!! This is what they're expecting me to do. And every month the accounts departmentcall centre appologise and say that they've made the note on the system and they are happy with the arrangement to pay by the end of the month.
    I honestly do not know who else to speak to! I have tried going up the ranks in the call centre, but this also seems to get me nowhere.
    Ironically, yesterday I received an sms inviting me for an upgrade. Ha ha ... that is not happening! I'm holding out until my contract is complete and moving onto greener pastures.
    Sorry autopage - I have been your customer since cellphones came into this country - more than 15 years!

• Mu
    Muhammad Ameen Aug 23, 2016

i have sent my blackberry 9300 phone in for the 4th repair to altech autopage i was told it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get repaired, it is now the 9th week and they do not have answers for me, everytime i call or they contact me its a different excuse. As for Autopage store in Lenasia they have delivered a poor service in even trying to assist with this problem. Disappointed customer of altech autopage and i will be reviewing whether or not to renew this contract with them.

• Ko
    Kodrey Aug 23, 2016

On the 10th of March i got a call from a Bronwyn Van Wyk (a lady) who told me that my cell number was picked for an Ayoba promotion and i would be getting a free Nokia E63 for only R212.50 a month for 24months. And that my existing contract with MTN would fall away instantly. The deal was signed. Only for me to get a call on the 13th from Rene who told me that the information that was given to me by Bronwyn was incorrect, i consquently asked her to cancel the contract as that was not the initial information given to me.
    On the 15th i then called to speak with Bronwyn to find out why she would give me misleading information and also to confirm that the deal was cancelled as i was no longer interested. I had the horror of speaking to someone by the name of Carl, who was so abrupt and consequently dropped the phone on me. I called back demanding to speak with a manager and again Carl answered the phone. Since when do agents become supervisors and managers at the same time? He refused to call a manager for me, says his manager Reagan Louise was in a meeting. If this is the kind of service you provide to MTN valued customers then they need to hear of this. You may listen to that call.

• Ru
    RudiA Aug 23, 2016

My retired mother in law can't send or receive MMS on her sellphone. So we gave her a new one (spare phone lying around), which I kwow can send and receive MMS. But, with her SIM card it was a no-go. She also got a new Samsung slider phone that week from Autopage in the Kwagga Center, Pretoria West, on her way back to the farm. The phone is a bit too technical for her, but we have tried it just to make sure it's not the phone. My SIM card can send & receive MMS in both phones. So it's something on her account.

We phoned Vodacom who said "speak to Autopage, they're your service provider". Now, my in-laws live on a farm, 120KM from Rusternburg between nowhere and nothing. Their Telkom lines have been stolen so many times already and Telkom won't put in new lines anymore.

So, we spend about 8 hours in total on the phone with Autopage - and every minute costs us money. Everytime I speak to someone, they give me the same crap: "we have enabled MMS on your account, please give it 1hour then switch the phone off and back on". And no matter how many times I tell them we already did that, they keep telling us the same BS. I got fed-up, especially since my mom's money was used up and phoned Vodacom. The lady insisted I spead to Autopage again and I explained this to her, so she checked the account and see that MMS wasn't actually enabled. She then enabled it, but told me that the SIM card was also an old one and we may need to swap it out. But, first check and see if the MMS setting which she enabled works. No go, we actually waited 2 days to retry. And everytime it cost me money to send an MMS, and make the phone calls to Autopage.

So, my mother-in-law decided to go back to the Autopage shop in Kwagga Center and the gentelman (Richard was his name) insisted that I send her an MMS (he's not allowed to) so he can see what's wrong. 8 MMS's later, and it still doesn't work. By this time I'm furious, cause she has to phone me from her own sellphone everytime, and ask me to send her an MMS. Richard simply refuses todo it from his side.

He then sells her a new SIM card, and guess what: it's now 4 days later - and it's still not working.

I logged a complaint on HelloPeter (here) and got a call from Raul late that afternoon. I couldn't hear a word he was saying and even though I asked him 3 times to speak up, he just rambled on about something. I faintly heard "hellopeter" and "your mom", but nothing more. Then he put the phone down and emailed me telling me he was cut off due to poor reception. I had full signal on my phone. I then tried to phone him, but no one could put me through to him.

This is his email:

Dear Mr. Ehlers,

Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention.

Please accept our sincere apology for the poor service rendered to you and your mother in law.

I have tried making contact with you however we were cut off due to poor signal.

Kindly assist me with your mother in law’s contract cellular number and the make and model of the handset she is using in order for me to assist.

I trust that the above is in order.

Regards,
    Raul Arendse

I have replied to his email 3 times with ALL the contact details, but still NO REPONSE from them

There are some shocking posts on HelloPeter about AutoPage (look here), and I'm thinking of taking this much much further. It's sickening how bad they treat their clients.

• Ho
    Holles Aug 23, 2016

Tomorrow it will be a week since I reported my sad story of bad service from Autopage Repair Services... And guess what.. Nothing happened as yet!!! I still do not have a phone or an acceptable answer. I did receive a reply that the repair centre will be in contact with me soon and wondered how soon will be soon???? It is unacceptable to pay for a service and not receive it. I was reading through all the complaints people have with Autopage, and honestly, I will not renew my contract with Autopage again. Hope everybody that is unhappy about bad service will do the same.

• Oa
    Oakevork Aug 23, 2016

I was contacted by Lynette Ronnebeck to upgrade my contract and she sent through a list of all the offers for me. She helped me with advice on the best package and the service I received from her was excellent. Yesterday, unbelievably I received an sms from Autopage stating a large outstanding amount on my account. Upon enquiring your call centre stated that I was charged for calls made, and if I do not agree I had to phone the accounts department the next morning. When I phoned a second time after being cutt off (ANNOYING!!!) I was then told that I was billed not for calls but for the wonderful FREE phone as I need to have paid in. When I stated that it was on the special offered to me by Lynette as FREE with no additional payment I was told 'thats just how it is' They then said that they will log the query to investigate the matter.

Well I can say one thing: I VE GOT ALL THE PROOF OF THE DOCUMENTS EMAILED TO ME SHOWING IT AS OFFERED FOR FREE! What type of customer service do you run or is this just poor administration that there is suddenly no recollection of this phone being Free on your offer list! The distress it caused me as I could barely sleep last night about this!