Allied International CreditAwful everything

I returned a telephone call from Allied International Credit regarding an outstanding matter. The matter is a result of a serious and convoluted situation. While speaking with the agent I explained to her the nature of the circumstance and explained to her I am seeking a positive solution for all concerned. I explained that my husband passed away suddenly intestate (without a will) I have two young children and recently lost my job due to my vehicle being stolen while I was working. I also explained that my son was assessed at the doctor that given day for chest pain and the ecg was abnormal... that my attention should be focused on him and I was taking the time to return the call to meet a negotiation that works for all concerned and not to be insulted. I also explained that I had a appointment with a Trustee to talk about a proposal. The Agent shouted at me, insulted my situation and told me if I can pay for a trustee to handle a bankruptcy or proposal then I could afford to pay my account. What she failed to hear or realize is that my income source is not enough to pay for a bankruptcy and due to lack of income I probably wouldn't qualify for a proposal, yet despite the odds I am seeking a solution to try and do what is right. I mentioned I would have the individual assisting me contact them next week. The Agent became upset, lost control and hung up but not before she insulted me again. I tried to call back and speak with a different agent to explain what had happened and the Allied Agent said, we don't care about your problems and or if you are trying to work it out. We are a collection agency and we want payments NOW!! She also hung up. My advice is try and deal with the company you owe money to. Avoid calling these people back. They only make you feel worse for trying. Good Luck!!

John Doe Apr 19, 2009

I have had a similar experience with this company too. I am a ODSP recipient. I have told them before that I am on a fixed income. Because of my medical condition my doctor told me not to answer to them as it will only aggrevate my condition. They also call more than 3 times a week, which by law is illegal. They also called me on a Statuatory holiday, which by law is illegal. I am paying them monthly what I can afford. They use aggresive tactics, and indulge in harassment. I will be contacting the authorities regarding this matter. They are very abusive towards victims of circumstance, they should be revoked of their liscense. I will not tolerate their beheviour and agressive tactics.

• Co
    Collections Guru Oct 05, 2009

Look up the F.D.C.P.A., Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, It will assit you in know what they can and can't do. Also it will let you know what you can do. I was a trainer and compliance monitor for a third party collection lawyer. You can also sue them in small claims court and will settlements against them. This can be financially rewarding as well as a physical punishment to them. Ask if the call is being recorded. If they say yes, record from your side as well. Since they said it was you do not need their permission. You can check your local (state) laws to see if you are a 1 party consent state or 2 party. 1 Party means only oneof you have to be aware of the recording. Also do not yell, scream, curse or use threats towards them at all. You must stay calm. Let them dig their ow graves. I hope this helps. Good luck and god bless.
    PS: Not all third party agencies or agents are this horrible. Iactually talked to one of their agents today who went out of his way to help me. I also negotiated a great settlement for the acct I was calling about. It isall in how you deal with them.

• Al
    Alan Wilson Oct 12, 2009

I have had AIC call my house looking for someone I've never heard of. We have told them several times they have the wrong number and they promise each time to make a note.
    Apparently they are either too stupid to read their own notes or don't make the note.
    But what can you expect for a bunch of GED educated dumb ###.

Chillbro Baggins Nov 23, 2009

I am a college-educated individual who worked at AIC for a summer then the following winter on Christmas break. While individuals may be the problem, at its core AIC was a fine company with an excellent training program for Collection Specialists.

Unfortunately, there is also an expectation for X number of payments per day and an incentive program that is significant enough for agents to become desperate toward the end of the month. I was not very demanding and as a result not a terrific employee for that specific role but I can conceive of (and have witnessed) employees becoming impatient with the nonsense that the average consumer presents over the telephone...when you are subjected to card holder interaction for eight hours a day you take the sincere with the pathetic and move on; however, many take it very personally and unnecessarily assert rheit own opinions, which is wrong.

While there is an incentive program in place, it is also an hourly-paid position and therefore employees are granted just a little bit a leeway to be a jerk because at the end of the day, they will be paid either way. We were made well aware of each state law regarding collection policies and were often monitored by our supervisors and the current client; whether particular individuals adhered to these policies was entirely on them and how much they valued their jobs.

Moral of the story: the company is not a bad one, nor is it poorly managed, but rather the demographic it generally attracts are not always the most motivated. That said, I met and worked with plenty of courteous and knowledgeable collectors who actually gave credibility to the position and the work it entails.

The customers were just as much a part of the problem as were the disgruntled agents. My two cents.

• Na
    nauticalman Dec 09, 2009

Every, and I mean EVERY associate I have spoken with speaks with GREAT DISREPSECT for the individual they talk to. They cut you off while you are speaking, they make multiple false statements, denial of truth which you have evidence of their company, and in the end show no respect or even the least basic courtesy when you tell them that the person they are seeking does not live at the number they are calling.

I am currently on my third month of telling AIC to CEASE AND DECIST calling, yet they seem to magically not understand what that means. -Are they just stupid, or ignorant?

• Li
    lifegoeson Jan 05, 2010

You cant tell someone to cease and desist, you have to write a letter, obviously you are ignorant. Most of the people are in debt because they dont wanna get of their lazy ### and get a job. Everyone says no one is hiring, but i bet you havent checked mcDonalds or bk? so theres no excuse, you can pay for cable and a phone and electricty but you dont have a job? then where is that money coming from?

• Ic
    ICUBTINGOFF Mar 05, 2010

Lifegoeson must work for AIC, sounds like another ### collection agency employee doing what they do best attack innocent people who are pushed around by ### collectors.

This collection agency AIC is, as you say it, a bottom feeder lazy ###. Why not get a real job lifegoeson ?

• Av
    AverageJoe3 Mar 21, 2010

If people paid their bills in the first place and didn't receive credit they cannot pay back then there would be no issue. The excuse of being on ODSP is not a valid one. That does not automatically make you exempt from owing your debts. If you don't want to deal with collections do not put yourself in that position. Or do everything you can to get out of it. Whining about the way they conduct their business is not productive. Collections are collections and do not accept excuses for a reason. They're there to collect the money that you made the mistake of defaulting on. People need to pay closer attention to the contracts they're receiving in order to avoid defaulting on accounts as a result of their invalid disputes. People need to live within their means to avoid defaulting on debts due to insufficient finances. People need to make the effort to return to good standing through making payments if it is documented that they are receiving assistance due to an unforeseeable circumstance occuring after receiving said credit. The issue comes down to these people. Not the collecton agencies.

If there is a serious issue with collection agencies breaking provincial laws, valid complaints will result in consequences for that agency. For those who are simply upset at receiving calls or dealing with a company that is not based on customer service - these are not valid complaints. Learn the laws and take action appropriately.

• In
    introuble May 17, 2010

Boy AverageJoe3, you must have been in the boy scouts and gave that old three fingered salute. You dumb [censor]! Don't you read the paper? The economy collapsed this two years ago and the banks in all their wisdom decided that in a period when they could borrow from the taxpayer at less than 1%, credit cards for most people needed to rise to 29%. Oh yeah, boy we planned for that in our financial roadmaps, DUH! The banks and Credit Card Companies would rather force individuals into bankruptcy rather than reduce their loan sharking rates to a level that someone could afford. And NO, they will not work with you until you stop making your payments. By that time your credit is shot and bankruptcy looks like the only real alternative. If I loaned money to someone and charged them even 25% compounded interest, I'd be thrown in jail as a shark. It just goes to show what lobbing will buy.

anonymousmonkey Jun 17, 2010

@ AverageJoe93
    quote - "And for those who say collection agents need to get "real jobs" - these people are working and paying their bills. More than can be said for those they interact with daily."

I take great offence at this remark, as I am sure do many people on this website. I defaulted on a loan through my own fault while I was a student. I started making repayments to the bank who the loan was with. I have been in a full-time job for a year now (not great pay but it's something) and only recently have AIC taken over the debt. So when they interact with me they are interacting with a law-abiding, bill-paying, tax-paying working citizen of the UK with rights. Also, when you call AIC you get through to a call centre. I have worked in call centres before and they will employ anyone who can string 2 words together, whether they have the relevant training/qualifications or not.

I am quite happy to repay my debt, but in a way that is not detrimental to myself, it is just a shame that AIC are not interested. They simply make demands, there is no compromise. I will also be submitting CCA's to AIC and my original creditor to see if they have a copy of the agreement. If they are unable to provide this within a certain amount of time then they have also defaulted and you are no longer liable for any money they say you owe.

You clearly have some issues if you believe that anyone who gets into debt has no job. Either that or you have so much money that you don't understand what it's like to live in the real world.

Either way, don't insult people you don't know.

• Qu
    quagmire123 Jun 24, 2010

I recieved a call from these people saying I owed a debt to G.E. financial. I knew what it was about and called to get a fax number so I could fax them the letters from G.E. showing it was fraud, the police reports from the ID theft, and some information the FTC sent me. I faxed it all over and 19 days later get yet another call from a collector with AIC. I ask numerious times to speak to someone over him and get refused. Untill I start calling him names then he gets me right to this Keith Lawson guy. I explain to Keith the situation and he states "This had to have been incurred by somone you know so it is still your responsibility to pay" and then offers me a "settlement amount". When I asked Mr. Lawson if he understood that Alabama was a "one party state" he was confused. When I spelled it out for him that I was in fact recording him and didn't have to inform him of this but was anyway he became really nervous and was rather quick to get off the phone. Needless to say I will be contacting the FTC and my attorney about this and Mr. Keith Lawson's actions as he admitted he knew the debt was incurred as fraud (ID theft) but still was trying to collect on it. Thank you Mr. Keith Lawson and AIC for making me a quick easy slam dunk lawsuit.

• Pl
    plavoie Jul 30, 2010

I received a collection notice from AIC recently even though I have no outstanding debt. About a year ago, my husband and I paid off all of our accounts which had been in collections for several years. The notice was sent to old address I had 5-6 years ago and its in my maiden name (I've been married for two years). I did have debt in collections 5+years ago, but all has been completely paid off for awhile now. Whats the deal here? Anyone who has gone through this with AIC? Any advice would be appreciated.

• Wo
    WOODYWHITE2 Sep 07, 2010

having being for the 1st time in my life on the sick waiting for an operation, i have fallen behind on my loan payments, i contacte Virgin who sold my debt to AIC, THEY CONTACTED ME AND DEMANDED FULL PAYMENT.
    I explained as i was self employed i was not getting an income but could pay a token monthly payment until my operation in October.This was flatly refused, and then the agent began by threatening me with court action, and constantly ringing my phone at all hours.Iam not in a position to pay in full but have promised substantial payments when i get back to work mid October, again refusing payments .Any advice would be more than welcome
    KB

• Ye
    yearlys Feb 16, 2011

have anybody been offered by AIC a fraction of what they owe their creditor? They are saying that in exchange for their low offer, I need to show them exactly what my income is by sending them my pay stubs, bank statements, hardship letter, etc. Anyone out there ever has this offer? Of course, I will definitely check with my original creditor first, check this out, if they will take a low cash offer, whats the purpose of them wanting all this information if they are going to settle for a cash offer. I would like to hear from someone out there on thei rcomments

• L6
    L69 Jun 29, 2011

How about contacting the primary creditor and demanding proof that they "wrote off you debt to collections" and sold that note to anyone! It seems strange that any so called collection agency would be involved or have any LEGAL say in a debt that they did not own! It seems that many of the so called collections from this company come from GE Bank were they must have a plant in the collection department selling or leaking active and closed data to them. Just as a side bar we have a minor account in unpaid status just over 90 days and low and behold at 10:59 PM EDST the phone rings from Allied International! Just get an cheap answering machine and screen all your calls (let them all go to the machine). Explain to friends, family and other business contacts to please forgive you and leave their name and legit call back number and you'll get back to them. I am wagering (and I do not gamble) that you will NEVER see legal action from this company just harassing calls. Also the primary lender has a piece of liability in this matter especially if they are still in contact with you about your active debt to them. Advise them of the problem and tell them that only they can call you and only doing normal daylight hours and if this collection agency claiming to control their debt keeps calling you will take action against them NOT the collection agency for violation of privacy laws! Were did the Allied International get all their information on you from in the first place?

mad as heck Nov 29, 2011

I think that aic should be investigated for how they treat their employee's...and the way they have no koof about how they contact the debtors...they have no formal training...and try to cheat their own employees out of commission money..the head of operations for the Richmond office is racist...and the rest of the Canadians there are to ...they constantly make jokes about Americans...and don't even offer health coverage ...last i heard...they even get free health care...but the employees sure don't...they do how ever have a percentage thy can offer for settlements on loans but use the reps as slaves to retrieve funds from people already in a bad position...aic not a good company at all...

• Vo
    voice_of_reeson Dec 12, 2011

Hmmmm... not really sure where to start. Mad as Heck is clearly a disgruntled ex-employee with an axe to grind. Not exactly an objective opinion. And since when does making fun of Americans (or Canadians for that matter) constitute racism?
    Almost all of the previous posts don't draw any distiction between outsourced debt collection (where the agency acts on behalf of the original creditor) and 3rd party debt collection (where the collection agency buys the debt from the original creditor). These are important distictions because they have a bearing on what the agency can or can't do. If the agency owns the debt they have more flexibility in offering reduced settlement amounts. If the original creditor still owns the debt, the agency is bound by the agreement they made with the creditor.
    L69's advice about the answering machine is a bad idea in my opinion. Following that advice will guarantee the maximum number of calls. Remember, a call where no contact is made does not count as a call and if no message is left, there is no contact. Your best bet is to answer the call and speak civily with the agent. Even if no payment arrangements are made there will be no further calls that day (or possibly that week, depending on where you live). At any time you can request a 'cease and desist' of calls but, as one of the previous posters mentioned, it needs to be in writing. It can be faxed, e-mailed or mailed. Believe me when I say they are taken seriously and acted upon imediately!
    As for Yearlys post with regard to personal financial information, that's an easy one. If you are offered a reduced settlement amount based on a hardship situation, you must be able to back up your claim for hardship with a fairly simple income and expense statement as well as a letter describing your situation. The agent uses this information to plead your case to the creditor. Nothing sinister going on. And it only makes sense, don't you think?
    Woodywhite2, when an agent contacts you and "demands full payment", the agent is following the law. Any contact an agent makes with a debtor in most jurisdictions requires the agent, among other things, to state the full amount owed, and if it's owed and past due the agent hase every right to "demand" payment. Have a look at whatever contract you signed. Usually there is a clause that states if you default on the payment arrangement the entire amount due can be "demanded".
    It's funny how so many of these complaints stem from rules that agents and agencies have to follow that were put in place in order to protect debtors!
    All that being said, there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for an agent to be abusive or harassing. Nor is there any excuse for a number to not be removed if an agent is told it is the wrong number. I can tell all of you that if a formal complaint is made with regard to abuse or harassment it is fully investigated and the offending agent disciplined or terminated as required. The trouble arises with the definition of harassment. With some geograhical exceptions it is well within the law to call many times a day (if no contact) or everyday (if contact is made). That is the law and as uncomfortable as it may be for a debtor, it is NOT harrassment. Nor is it abuse to ask someone to pay money that they legitimately owe. It is not fun to be on the receiving end of those phonecalls but it is NOT abuse.
    As for wrong numbers, go to the website and send an email to the customer service dept and it will get forwarded to the right person to handle it. Me.
    Is AIC perfect? No. Are we monsters? No. Do we have people working for us that maybe shouldn't be? Possibly. Are the vast majority of the staff and management professional and competent. ABSOLUTELY!
    Hope some of this helped.
    Let the flames begin...

AniK666 Feb 16, 2012

I have been dealing with AIC recently because of outstanding student loans. I was trying to negotiate with the lender but that wasn't working out. I am employed full time but for the past 18 months, I've also been supporting my mother and I'm not making much. I fell behind and the lender hired AIC. My life has been a nightmare since then. They're "very generous" settlement offer was more then what I make in a year. When I told the AIC representative that I had been trying to negotiate with the lender, he became very agitated, resorted to name calling, and said "you better pay your damn bill or I'll get you". I love starting my day with being threatened and degraded. He also put my and my Mother's safety at risk by contacting my father, who, by the way, has nothing to do with that loan and was booted out of the house by police for threatening his family with a gun. So glad those people came into my life.

• Su
    SUE THEM!!! Mar 20, 2012

Do what I do!! After numerous phone calls from different companies about someones debt, that I don't even know, I got me a consumer debt attorney and sued 9 of them for their constant harassment!!! I am getting a check for $1, 000 in a few days from one of those bottom-feeding, get a life, idiot's!! 1 DOWN, 8 MORE TO GO!!

Mamdouh Elalami Apr 20, 2012

Allied is the worst company ever with an attitude of do not care and do not want to work with people. The people working at Allied are not human beings. They are ALIENS, BAD AND MAD ALIENS. I do not know how they can live with their lives. But that is Aliens, Aliens do not have a heart and do not care about humanity. Aliens want to destroy earth and that is what Allied is doing, destroying humanity.

PeterandFriends Jun 28, 2012

Let me give some good advice. I speak from expience.
    A debt collector gets paid by ringing up as many people as possible per day and asking for or demanding money. Some get paid as much as 35% of what they collect.
    If you have decided that you don't want to pay the debt or you want a settlement for the debt then you need to play the game.
    The game is no matter how rude or "demanding" the agent is, keep him talking. The more he talks to you the less time he has to collect from anyone. I have actually kept an agent on the phone for 4 hours straight, and spoke to him multiple times during the week. I even got his extension and his real name. I never sent him a payment. Sending even a small payment can legally restart the time limit for collection. Oh and never admit it is your bill. You can say it might be but your not sure.
    Somewhere along this process the agent will realise you are a crazy person and he will either stop calling you, put your file on a co+workers desk he doesn't like or start doing something illegal. It doesn'y matter. By now you have his phone and extention. Call him back telling anything you like. If he ignores your call, just contact his boss and mention you were working something out with the agent but he sai to send the money to his home and you lost the address.
    By now you can see that this really can be a fun game. Make the call with some friends in the room. Be cereative.
    On a more sinister note you could actually find the agents home address and send him a real check. If he cashes it... Well, theres a new gamer!
    So stop whinning and get to work on wasting there time. It's more fun then you think.
    Peter

PeterandFriends Jun 28, 2012

What kind of people work for Collection companies? I don't think their families care if they make it back for Christmas. Generally they find ways to make thier friends and family feel bad whenever they are around. So debt collection, peocess server, traffic cop, etc. are good jobs for them. A natural fit. Trying to get sympathy from them will never work. Trying to make them feel bad for doing thier jobs wont work. But do realize their primary goal in life is to make others feel bad or less powerful. That they can be paid for it is merely a personal bonus. They believe that if you and others are less powerfull than they are somehow safer.
    Don't forget that collection is both a way for companies to collect thier debt, but it also the stick that keeps others from defaulting. Once a company has written off your debt it now rolls over to the punishment phase.
    Remember you are not a multi national company about to be bailed out by a Federal Government. You are barely viable as a citizen. I foresee the day when if you lose your credit worthyness you will also lose your right to vote. There is much to say about this and some day I should write a book. Someday I may.

• So
    SoFrustrated1207 Jul 05, 2012

Well i have had an outstanding bill with Bell Canada for three years! I had absolutely no clue where the amount I owed came from because the last conversation after my final bill was disputed and adjusted I had a zero balance after three years of no bills or calls from Bell one wonderful day after a long day at work as a transit driver making really good money (this directed to the person in previous comments whom passes judgement) all of my bills are paid I own my home I have three young children and a husband who is also making really good money, I get a call from Allied International Credit, the lady explains the amount owed to Bell I am obviously really upset and concerned as I was lead to believe Bell was no longer and would never be someone I would have to deal with again EVER! I was angry and mean to this girl; however; got her extension and called bell! The Bill was so old they had no idea themselves why and had to forward my concerns to Back Office Billing, I called Jade back and explained I was disputing with Bell she understood, and it turned out to be an excellent conversation with her! AIC continued to call 3 times a day, I would answer and tell the agents i was dealing with Jade regarding this issue they explained they would be noted, but kept calling over and over! I called Jade and told her Bell had not called me back yet, this was ongoing up to 6 weeks or more, no callbacks from Jade and no callbacks from Bell! finally Bell called me and explained why the funds were owed due to a reversed credit card payment, my husband and i both dumbfounded, i accepted i owed the money and called AIC to make arrangements, the first agent could barely speak a word of english and repeated everything i said so I disconnected, the next agent SOPHIA was very rude, and rejected the arrangements i offered and said I can make 2 payments only, i explained by law any payments i am willing to make are to be excepted whether it be $0.04 or $50.00 a month until its paid in full, she refused and gave me some bull**** excuse, i hung up and called back it was her again she was laughing and said hello mam i said are u [censored]ing kidding me she said yep and continued to laugh i said u think this is funny she put me on hold and a supervisor came on trying to act all tough talking to me as if he were my father explaining i could not make the arrangements i wanted to because of bells policies or whatever agreement they had i said yeah and he got pissed and said mrs. A***** you need to listen to me do not interrupt me i expiained i wasnt and threatened to hang up he said you go right ahead i will just call you back in 5 minutes, pathedic, anyway i hung up! called back and asked reception lady to make sure i wasnt transferred to sophia, so she did and it was christina she asked me to hold I said no no no and the phone rang to a supervisor I left a message my name and number and called back again, if I didnt get sophia again, she told me to call back when i was calm because at this point i was pissed she was laughing thought it was quite humerous i told her i was recording she said thats ok all of our conversations are recorded too, she put down her phone, not on hold, and continued a conversation with her co-workers in the background about me and how i wanted to pay like 10.00 a month for three years which was not the arrangement they were all laughing i said as if this is going on after i told this girl i was recording the conversation! as she was coming back to the phone sad said She is so duhhh, i heard her come back on and said the whole thing was recorded, she hung up! i called back told the receptionist who was sooo kind she transferred me to a compliant agent who was shocked or at least he told me he was and that he would be investigating the entire day of conversations with sophia and her co-workers and they would be dealt with accordingly and then emailed the Big Cheez he said Tony Murano in Montreal to call me personally to make my arrangements he agreed with my arrangements but could not make them unfortunately, he advised me not to call back in case i got the same agent again and Tony would assist me from here on out! So to you out there who think it is all us consumers and that we are asking for it, think again, this was the most absolute worst dealings I have ever had with a company ever! i am going to be petrified to not pay my bills because I will never want to go through this again!And as far as I am concerned they should pay my bill for everything I put up with today!

PeterandFriends Jul 05, 2012

HI. reread my comments on what kind of people work in the collection business. Their goal isn't money collections. Thier goal is creating havoc. If they only wanted the money they would be courteous but persistent.
    I have been both a debtor and I have co-owned a business with a collector. I have watched how the collectors acted toward the debtors. We paid 10 to 25 cents on the dollar for the contracts. We paid our collectors 25% of what they collected. They spent most of the day laughing at how they had made someone cry, or yell only to call them back and mess with them some more.
    I only bought three sets of contracts, that was enough for me. By the way, every collector I had was also deliquent on thier own bills and the shop closed down because the owner, after I left, didn't pay the rent and tried unsuccessfully to stick me with the bill.
    Peter

• Qu
    quitwhining Jul 17, 2012

@PeterandFriends
    these collectors make an hourly rate, nothing based on how much you pay so by you 'wasting' 4 hours of their time you really just created 'time well wasted' for them.
    They're just average people working to make money like the rest of the world, unfortunately they aren't all good people but there is quite a few, maybe try being nice and they will try being nice back but let face the facts you created the debt, you should pay for it. Plain and simple get a job and pay your bills because I am so tired of hearing all these debtors whine about their sob stories, only half are true and really why would you want to air out your dirty laundry to a stranger?? This is a sad sad world.

• Co
    Consumr Aug 20, 2012

AIC just sent me letters demanding full payment on old loans that I have made payments for but ceased being able to pay 6 years ago and scheduled to fall off my credit report soon (age 7 years) AND both are past their legal Statute of Limitations (4 years in my state). From a legal standpoint, the debt is non-enforcable. I haven't run a full credit report lately but I bet they illegally re-aged the debt to make it appear new since my score has dropped 30 points recently. If so, I will dispute and have it removed. I'm not a bad person. I'm a single mom of 2 kids under age 4 and I barely make ends meet. Granted if I won a big amount of money I would contact my ORIGINAL debt holders and pay them back every penny I owed. But junk debt buyers will never get anything out of me.

• Sc
    scammed16502 May 15, 2013

I've just got a call from this company. The primary reason I agree with this complaint is that clearly the agents are untrained or unsupervised. The agent who called me didn't even verify that he was speaking to the person he asked for. He just started by asking me to verify my SSN. First mistake. I am definitely not doing that over the phone. So I asked who it was. He told me his first name. I then had to ask who the company was, because he had not even done that! I asked him why he was calling. He said "a personal matter." Now, consider that I have no idea what a personal matter is, who Allied was at that point, and why he was asking me to confirm my SSN. I told him I wasn't going to until he told me what it was about. I didn't even know it was a collections matter. He ignored me and asked me to confirm an address I haven't lived at in 4 years. This is when I told him I was hanging up and calling the police for phishing. I will definitely be submitting an FTC complaint. Allied should think twice about demanding personal information such as social security number and address (identify theft, much??) without identifying who they are and what they are calling about.

Anne Marie woods Mar 23, 2015

I agreed to the payment plan paid everything in full and I need a letter to confirm that the account was paid in 2013 but I can't seem to contact them called and left numerous messages but it's almost a year and nothing

• De
    Dennis Ward Nov 02, 2015

File a complaint with the FTC, include as much specific info as you can, your number, the number calling, etc.
    It works.

• Ji
    jinglejazz Jul 04, 2016

These people have been calling my mother many times over the past year, I called them today and all I got was a voice message, I informed them not to call her anymore since she does not owe anyone any money, my mother is 87 years old.

If they are calling you, you can tell them to stop calling you, send correspondence through the mail, they must obey that command, if they continue to call that is harassment, these people cannot do anything to you other than constantly call you. If your debt is over 2 years old, then they cannot sue you. They have 2 full years to file a claim in small claims court, if they do not then they cannot sue you in court, it will remain on your credit rating for 6 years, and they may still call. If for instance you haven't paid for 4 years, then you send them a small payment of even $5.00, the statute time starts over, and they can continue to harass you for 6 more years, If your nearing the 6 year mark, leave it, after that they cannot even collect on the claim anymore, change your phone number if necessary, don't give new number or credit info to credit agency's, that's how they get your new number, stay under the radar and they can't bother you. Don't answer the calls, they can't do anything to you, except intimidate you!

• FACE33 Nov 14, 2017

Problem is, our financial system a debt funded one. Debt literally creates currancy that wasn't there before, not money, currency.
    For anyone who is not familiar or aware this video dose a great job of explaining it, it's scary.

Collectors: you are trying to collect something that never existed until we "borrowed" it. Our economy depends on debt creation to sustain it, to be opposed to it is utterly deflationary. So, the next time you call someone who owes you some numbers added to a computer backed by nothing but IOUs generated in the very banking system that your company was evil enough to partisapate and understand entirely, be nice. Be very nice because without us, you are nothing. We literally pay you your checks with our debt. Your occupation is morally reprehensible and your fear tactics, shameful.

Anyone calling this company should NEVER tolerate ANY disrespect from these agents. Just as you should not be disrespectful to them. Never fear them, they have NO power other than the power you give them. Don't get upset don't let them ruin your day, they are impotent in every way.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices