AlagascoHorrible cust service & crooked business

M

I paid the "past due" amount on my bill ONLINE because for some reason I do not receive statements in any form. My service was disconnected without warning on a Friday, when I got home & realized this I called & of course they were closed for the weekend. The emergency line person was completely & inexcusably rude & told me I'd have to call on Monday. So after 3 days without gas (heat, water & stove) I call only for the person who finally answered after 22 minutes of being on hold to also be rude & explain to me that not only did they see my payment made on Friday of $105 but I would have to pay an additional $100 before the service would be reconnected. I asked for a supervisor only to get the third RUDE person in that company to tell me $75 & the service would not be connected until Tuesday. She cannot tell me where this $75 will go, just that it will not be applied to my bill. I hang up, pay this completely stupid charge so that we will have heat & hot water in January, call back & sit on hold for 27 more minutes to then be told it will now be "some time on Wednesday" before my service is turned back on. This is absolutely unacceptable & I will be contacting EVERYONE that will listen to have something done! All of this is AFTER we just moved from another place with this same stupid company, requested a transfer of service & were required to pay a deposit of $150 in August (4 months ago) as well! These people are stealing their customers BLIND & I will not accept it!

• Ro
    rocnatural Mar 10, 2017

Something similar happened to me. I did not receive a bill of any sort via mail, email, telephone call. My service was turned off . On Friday I tried to re-establish service, but their policy doesn't allow it. I had to go the entire weekend without hot water, heat, and a working stove. In phone conversations regarding why I did not receive a bill, the representative said that my bills were being returned to them and they didn't have any contact info. for me. This is a outright lie because when you establish service using the online application, you must provide an email address and a telephone # along with your current address. They focused mainly on placing the blame on me for not receiving a bill. Horrible company

• Ms
    msmichellek Apr 30, 2012

This company did me the exact same way and it's ridiculous how awful this company being a utility provider. They charged me 175(deposit)+50(reconnect) for a 50$ bill that was a day late. Management was cruel and insensitive to customer needs and they even sent the account to collections for credit reporting after 1 month of being final. Company is a disgrace and we really need competitors immediately!

• Ms
    msmichellek Apr 30, 2012

I totally agree with that as the exact same thing happened to me only they required 175(deposit)+50(reconnect) for a 50$ bill that was paid a day late!. They are rude crooks with no regard for human beings. Their policies are rigid and unfair...competition step up!