Alabama Power Companypast due bill for $410.32

R

Today 02/16/2016 a man that works for AL Power came to my house with a disconnect ticket due to my past due amount for 2 months totaling $410.32. I spoke with the representative and he said that I had until 1 pm today to call the power company to talk to them about payment on my bill. I told this man that I get paid on Thursday and the reason it was late is due to car repairs that were not covered under warranty on my 2012 Optima which were very expensive. He said I would have to speak with customer service directly. I said, ok. I called the customer service 800 number and spoke with a younger man and explained my entire situation and begged that I could pay in full on Thursday. He said the bill must be paid today due to it being for 2 months of service. I told him that I understood but I only have one person that I could ask for help with this bill (my father) and he was on the golf course and I had not been able to reach him yet. I told him that he will pay the bill for me but I had to speak to him to get payment. I asked if there was a way for me to contact the disconnect service guy so that I could have at least until 3 pm because I knew I would be able to reach him by then. He stated (rudely) I'M SORRY BUT THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO FOR YOU EXCEPT TAKE PAYMENT. I said really? you can't send a message to him requesting him to call me or give me a number to call him? He said, NO ONCE A DISCONNECT TICKET IS ISSUED THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO OR GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM. I said so is this man a subcontractor? He said, No. I said you have got to be joking, so a person that works for the power company was generated a ticket for disconnect and is out on 33+ disconnect calls (per guy from earlier) and customer service cannot reach him? THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY ZERO SENSE!!! I WAS ASKING FOR 2 HOURS, THAT WAS IT 2 HOURS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH MY FATHER TO MAKE THE PAYMENT. I have a full time job and I am a single mother to 2 children... I don't even know what we would have done having no power when we got home. Hard times happen for everyone, even this rude little man that I spoke with in customer service. The bill was under $500 on an account that has NEVER been disconnected. Obviously, you care nothing about your customers because if you did you would look at each case to see previous history and call the phone number on the account before disconnection or at a bare minimum be able to give 2 additional hours to pay. This may not be anything to anyone that works for Alabama Power since you are the only choice anyone has to use but I could not let this just go unheard. I had to go to the golf course, get on a golf cart and go find my father to make the freaking payment. I just believe that was a bit extreme and harsh. Karma my friends karma i'll pray yall have more patience with people that live paycheck to paycheck and receive ZERO government help just trying to make it... PEACE!