Alabama Powerbudget billing

W

I just investigated an issue with my budget billing to see why it is so high (to my home usage). Over the past 17 bills, I have usage in the amount of $2398.86. Over those same 17 months I was charged the amount of $2719.00 This is $320.14 more than I actually used in my home over those 17 months. My budget billing ranges were $145, $162 and $169 over those 17 months. One could reasonably expect my bills would be and average of $141.11 per month, but instead were mostly $169. Actually 9 of those bills were $169. From 3/27/2015 - 9/28/2015 my budget bill was $169, yet my actual bills ranged from $90.34 - $152.86. I just now see that my new bill is going to drop to $152!?!?!? Yet my usage just went down to $90+ What a joke and I hope someone starts a class action lawsuit against them!

RESOLVED

Their bill history I was using had 2 bills that were used in my calculations. 1 was a credit and the other was just a duplicate (which shouldn't be there anyway). This made my calculations appear that I had a double over payment on my budget, which in turn was incorrect. This basically split what I thought I over paid in half (which is actually correct and makes sense).