Aeropostalemanager issues

M

I have just recently quit my job at Aeropostale. I can not speak for other locations but I can speak for this location.

To start, our store manager, is very rude to most of the employee's. After my first winter season with this location, I was informed that this manager would talk crap about not only me, but every other employee that worked there as well, including the other managers!!!
When I came back, the store manager was slightly nicer to me than she had the previous year. She even gave everyone a gift card for christmas.

Once I was asked to stay on as a permanent employee, I started to become unsatisfied with the store. One day, I forgot probably about 5 sensors. Each time that the alarm went off, the managers would make rude remarks to me over the walkie, which every other employee could hear. Then, over the next few days, on our touch base, which every employee must read before starting their shift, there was a note that said: "please remember to remove ALL sensors...A.K.A. Denise*" (Denise is not really my name.)

Then started the presure to buy items. Yes I understand that I could have said no however I hate to disappoint people and make them upset with me. When we would begin to close the store, we would see how we did for the day. On days that we did not make the daily goal, a manager would say "so what is everyone buying to make our goal?" The store manager even opened up the website for my bank on her phone and told me to transfer money so that I could buy items. There is also a rule in place at this location that you MUST buy at least 3 items. If you do not, you can not buy anything!!!
By making our daily goals, and eventually our monthly or quarterly goals, the managers would receive a bonus. Did the employee's who make up most of the work force in the franchise get anything? NO!! of course we didnt.

If you refused to buy anything, you were given the cold shoulder by the managers. I had to start leaving my debit card and entire wallet at home because I was always pressured to buy items for the MANAGERS TO GET A BONUS!!!

Another issue is how unprofessional the Store manager was! Most of the managers were fine. But the store manager acted more immature than I do, and she is about double my age!! We switched to an electronic system for receiving our schedules and requesting time off. I had requested off the first weekend of spring break so that I could go visit my Neice who was just born. I requested this time off as a whole (about 4 or 5 days) and this was 2 or 3 weeks ahead of time. When I checked my schedule, my store manager had told me that I did not request off some of those days and that I had to work. I told her that my screen said that I had requested them off and that they were pending. This manager then proceeded to send me a picture of her screen showing that I never requested them off. She was very rude about it too. This was also the 2nd time that I had been scheduled when I had requested off. The first time, they had told me that anything writen in our original request off book would be transfered to the online system yet they did not do this and told me that it was my fault that I got scheduled.

I continually had to go back and request days off multiple times because they had deleted my days and would not give them to me...they are required to inform you as to why you can not have a certain day off yet all they did was keep deleting a day that i had requested off.

When you decide to leave the Aero "family" You are basically giving up your ability to shop there. The managers become very rude to you and even tell most of the employee's to be rude as well.

Out of the 15 or so people that i know that work there, about 10 of them are unhappy with our store and are either quiting or are trying to go to another location for a hope of a better experience.

I must say that I am discouraging everyone that I know from applying there and am telling them all about my experience.

The store manager is unprofessional, rude, and is filled with more drama that school is!

STEER CLEAR OF THIS LOCATION IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A JOB!!!