Aeria Gamesbeware of staff conduct

C

i found my daughter wanting to play on a new company of online games. I then decided to do some research on the company. Only to find that they have Horrible business practices. The staff break there own terms of service. Using vulgar, Hateful, harassing, sexual, and just plane bad conduct. this is just what i saw daily. In game and all over the forum. I tried to address the situation and seek a little clarification. Only to have the staff call me many hateful names. I wanted to keep it PG so i am uploading a photo of just some random posts i found that where in all ages threads with many minors posting. These are the types of conduct you will have your children experience on a daily basis on aeria games. when you message aeria games they just dont care. keep your children far far away. tell your friends. Pay for warcraft your kids will be safer. Choose a game that has adults running it not childish questionable icons. dont support any company that wants to partner with aeria games. Show them this will not be tolerated. i will end with a quote

“The best inheritance a parent can give to his children is a few minutes of their time each day.” - M. Grundler.

thel Sep 06, 2011

QualityMonitor if you have read the TOS of Aeria Games you would know it is a violation of it to post a transcript or keep one of any chat with a Game Sage or Game Master, UNLESS it is for your personal use. I.E. you referencing to it to remember if you have an answer to a question someone else asks.

QualityMonitor Aug 31, 2011

So "they" said I'm wrong, huh?

Find me the administration that will admit its wrongs and you will have found not only a most incredible administration but an extremely rare one at that.

I'm sorry, but I'm not looking for Game Masters or Game Sages or anyone within Aeria Games administration to tell me I'm wrong. These complaints have been noted and reported here by customers who were less than satisfied and remain so. They hold the majority at the moment.

I'm looking for other customers who have had issues with Aeria's service and report solutions that were handled maturely and professionally. Only a plethora of satisfied customers can fix a reputation of a company that has gained a vast amount of negative attention.

NOT the company simply denying involvement.

I apologize, but a Game Sage (volunteer administration) spending upwards of six hours with YOU doesn't exactly help their case. In fact, it probably hurts it.

Perhaps you could help to fortify your claims and provide me with documentation regarding your interviews with the administration at Aeria Games. Should you be able to come through with these sources, I will contact them myself and post here again detailing my experience.

Until then,

Aeria Games has incredibly poor staff conduct.

thel Aug 30, 2011

to quality
    i asked them last night and they said your wrong.
    as to me i do yes have a beta tester rank with aeria games but thats it. i only support them cause they have not made a mistake with me yet. if you cant understand my simple explaination then i dont know what to tell you. i spent 6 hours with a game sage asking about them and everything you said is false. i confermed it with the gms too. they confermed it was true your words are false.

QualityMonitor Aug 27, 2011

^
    ^
    @above

Absolutely terrible descriptions of the authority roles at Aeria Games. At least that proves you aren't working for them with your slight defense.

Game Sages. Yes. They are volunteers. No power? Hogwash. Tell that to someone who was directly banned as a result of a corrupt and foolish Game Sage. They're called the 'Girl Scouts' for a reason. It's literally a team with a ratio of 18:2 Girls/Boys. They're selected Bimbos chosen by the Aeria Games Game Masters for whatever reason (Let's not start any conspiracies. I'll let you be the judge of that ratio.)

Most of the more worthy players who have applied are never accepted. I would tell you to look at the forums, but users are banned and threads deleted pertaining to denied applications.

The Game Sages most important job is to constantly and diligently shout "DO NOT USE CAPS LOCK". Do you see the problem with that? That's the same format that was used within the service, no changes were made. Use caps lock even once and you can expect a solid 3 day ban. You'd be hard-pressed to find even 3-4 Game Sages in the entire team that have contributed positively to the service.

Game Masters. The employees at Aeria Games. Hilariously lighter-tempered than the Game Sages. But they have one HUGE flaw.

They Do Anything The Game Sages Ask.

Literally. Anything.

Game Sages have no power? Think again. That's like saying the police have no power because they can't directly sentence you to jail. Think. Hard. That's a huge problem.

thel Aug 26, 2011

Above, listen here is the break down i have seen in Aeria Games "staff":
    Game Sages: VOLUNTEERS given grace by Aeria Games to act as GUIDES in select games not across games. all they can do is try and assist you. they have no power beyond that. they can however contact a Game Master directly when they are not online to voice something to their attention.
    Game Masters: AERIA GAMES EMPLOYEE or administrators, they appear [at least in megaten] on Fridays for Q&A where they listen to the community problems and suggestions, then answer them to the best of their abilities. In the q&a they have been nothing but kind from what i have seen.
    i have spoken to friends from other Aeria Games games and they all said they have had no issues with the staff. There may be something the original poster is not telling us about the incident that led to this outcome.

QualityMonitor May 21, 2011

^^^
    @Above

That doesn't clarify anything. All you're saying is that you've had a good experience with the COMMUNITY of ONE specific game that they host. It could be the best game in the world with the greatest and friendliest player base...but that still doesn't vouch for staff conduct in ANY way, shape, or form.

The staff is embarrassing to work with, try them. Seriously. Go talk to them now (To the best of that ability) and see what happens. Run into an issue, try to get it fixed and see if that doesn't produce a mind numbing reaction from the staff.

Hint: There's a 99.5% chance that it will.

• Li
    liz_b95 May 21, 2011

I realize this is quite an old post but I would just like to comment saying that it is completely untrue. Unless your daughter is below the age of 7, I believe she knows what beer is. Also, GameSages are NOT employees of Aeriagames, they are community volunteers. The only people who are employees are those labeled "Game Master" or "Product Manager" .. As it doesn't show the original post by the minor - I would assume they didn't say "Hey, I'm 12!" in their post, therefore making it not so weird that the people offered them beer in jest - after all, Aeriagames hosts mostly 18+ games.

I have been playing one of Aeria's hosted games, Shaiya, since I was 12. I've never had a bad experience with any of the staff. Of course the community can be a bit rowdy and sometimes inappropriate, so can people anywhere, not just in this game. Moreover, I've had a generally wonderful experience with most people I've met. Yes, there are groups of people, mainly in the same guilds, that are hateful and unpleasant, but once you learn to avoid them, it's all good! I've met so many people from all over the world, and have met some of them in real life as well! I am very close friends with many people ingame, some moreso than "real life friends". Shaiya has allowed me to express a part of myself that otherwise would not be fully expressed. I've learned so much from this game and this community as well, about myself and about life in general. I've discovered unique talents, capabilities, and personality aspects that I might not have had I not begun playing this game. I've been (sometimes painfully) taught lessons about friendship, loyalty, perseverance, leadership, and character.

Well, that's all I have to say.. I think that Aeria Games' games, on the whole, would be a fun experience for a child. I mean, c'mon, they can't pass the kid beer through the internet.

QualityMonitor Feb 24, 2011

Dear antiaeriagame111,

The entire GS team consists of 14 females and 2 males.

This complete unbalance suggests more than a few things.

1. AeriaGames views being a GS as an intern position of which they only accept people who appeal to them in ways that don't necessarily improve your experience with Aeria Games.
    2. They've taken no action to balance the team, and show no incentive to do so in the future.
    3. I'm very sad to report that the majority of the team have decided to use their Game Sage status as...well just status rather than for anything productive. It doesn't take but a 5 minute visit to AeriaGames Grand Fantasia forum to confirm this.

Their language is often less than flattering, and if you yourself don't have any online "status" they often don't feel the need to hear you out.

To see that someone posted on this complaint saying "There are NO perks to being a GS." is not only blatantly admitting their status as a GS, but is also entirely false. There may be no perks if you're speaking in terms of items, etc. though I wouldn't be surprised if there really was. However, the "perks" of being a GS is behavioural immunity from admins. Everything you do is excused as a GS.

AeriaGames, if your team consisted of hard working individuals who actually met the "requirements" to become a Game Sage I wouldn't feel the need to post this. Obviously less than half of the Game Sage team even comes close. Recruiting should involve slightly more investigation than simply looking at a profile picture.

antiaeriagame111 Feb 24, 2011

To. momentoftruth83
    oh gs doesnt use bad words??? report the bad behavior ;)
    oh yeaaa two game sage ganged up on me with such bad words with other high lvlers so i reported and got rejected ;)
    so i shouldnt of reported them right??? maybe some game sages are really nice and helpful
    but MOST game sages only care about good items and being popular ;)

QualityMonitor Feb 16, 2011

Basically sums up my entire experience with Aeria Games.

Interesting that the persons called "GS" (In game moderators chosen by the Aeria Games Admins) are here denouncing complains. I've seen the same users in multiple threads.

Interesting indeed.

• Ni
    Nick Skala Nov 17, 2010

I agree with all of the slander against aeria. they banned me for no reason from Dragonsky, any supposed GS or GM wants to state otherwise, I'll see your [censor] in court. Ya got it? im done playing games with you theives. they do crap like this, sending drones to post false reports and bribe them with cash shop money to improve their rating with the Better Buisiness Beauraeu. Aeria commits fraud on a daily basis. And their Staff does nothing but lie. I'm sure if asked they would probably fabricate some reason for my ban. I'd like to see it Aeria, so i can prove it false and sue you crooks!

AnarchyX Aug 21, 2010

i agree, they scam my $100 off and i even show them the recrods that I purchase $100 worth of AP so that i can win the tiered event. after i purchase the AP i took a photo of it just to make sure and thank my lucky star i did that as after 3 days, my AP points mysteriously disappear. We should file a class action lawsuit against Aeria Games Entertainment as this kind of behaviour should not go unpunished. If they are able to scam me, I don't know how many other gamers that they scam.

• Su
    supernet2ec2 Jul 18, 2010

Correction Filing a lawsuit in regards to data manipulation, ToS Manipulation, Breaking/violating their own rules, Time Frame/Billing Editing, History/Transaction Editing, Banning for refunding, Purchasing online Virtual credits and not receiving the online product, just receiving a negative funding (meaning you didnt get anything you just paid for the sake of paying). Very Little to No action taken against in-game users who harasse others, Favoritism, avoiding/lieing to get past conflict. Various other reasoning, anyone who wants to help add on more, i'd need physical evidence online email logs whatever you have that can help strengthen the lawsuit against aeria games in general. I'm going for Sueing the whole company as a whole not a specific part, but the Aeria Games Ingeneral.

But my primary case focus's on billing and data manipulation so if any evidence in regards to this is found please email transaction #s, case ID's, whatever you may have, every lil bit will help.

Email addresses to send the evidence at [email protected]

Title/Subjects "Aeria Games Evidence" for any titles so i know where they are since i have very strong spam guard, so i can check out all the parts of information and put it all together.

• Su
    supernet2ec2 Jul 18, 2010

Lol just do what i did launch a lawsuit im sueing em for improper billing methods, ill just use these kinda reports to push further threw with the lawsuit against Aeria Games for Improper Billing & Data/account modification. Heck email me with any evidence you have it will only strengthen my case --> [email protected]

No mug Jun 11, 2010

I have been banned from PT because i am in europe due to ip ban.Big mistake aeria i have 25000 ap which equates to 100's of dollars.This is theft as i was not informed of these changes in advance and they will not respond to respectful e-mails.Fortunatly i have considerably more money than most PT players who have given up and my brother is a lawyer in london.So i will email aeria again, then sue aeria games and/of invictus if i do not recieve a reply within the next week.I have read the small print and fortunatly realise the law is on my side, so do not despair watch this space.

• Ae
    AeriaGamesSucks Jan 20, 2010

I've been a member of Aeria for years, and I must say that they hold the worst staff possible, customer service is non-existent, and teenagers are running the game. Most Game Masters know nothing about the game they manage, and instead recruit more kids (Game Sages) to do their job for "Aeria Points". Please stay FAR FAR away from this company, you will be doing yourself a favor.

• To
    tonyja12 Oct 16, 2009

On Project Torque why can't I get to drive all of the cars even if I doen't have enough credits

annoyedwiththings Oct 10, 2009

The Game Sages do get perks. They are allowed to talk to the Game Masters (actual staff), get free items for promoting the in game item mall, and on top of all this, they are also paid 2000 to 2600 or so Aeria Points, which is roughly 20-26$ USD.

As for their staff, they do not follow their own ToS, I've seen them post info on who their top spenders are, seen them talk about people's bans, even though it is against their rules to do so, I've seen them lie to their customers about certain issues, I've seen favoritism and many other things. Things that include threatening their customers due to their mistakes or issues that are not the customers' fault, due to faulty programming sent in from the developers, I've even seen their staff threaten to ban people because they themselves broke their own protocol.

When someone is banned, especially if they didn't break any rules, they are kept literally in the dark about why it is they're even being banned. They do this so that the player cannot contest or prove their own innocence, because they have no idea why they are being banned. On top of that, they even show favoritism on their Game Sages, by not banning them for the same reasons other people get banned for.

As for language, their Game Masters have most definitely called their players names and insulted them on numerous occasions. The Game Sages are no different, I've seen them curse, filter dodge (including the GM's), straight up insult people, harass people, lie to make themselves look good among other things.

I won't say that the entire staff, or all of the Game Sages are this way, but as the saying goes, a few rotten apples spoil the bunch. But unfortunately, the policies that this company (Aeria) practices, are corrupted in such a way it should be illegal. They definitely wrote their ToS in such a way that they cannot be called theives, even though that is what they are a lot of the time, because any money you spend on their games is a transaction for Aeria Points, which is nothing more than data that they own, and will always own, as per their ToS. When they ban someone who's spent money or has a ton of AP on their accounts, the player loses this money, even if they did not get to use it for what it was intended for.

As for the topic of whether or not the game is 'safe' for minors to play, that is up to the parents. The games are supposed to be PG 13 or otherwise stated in their terms. Even though cursing and sexual harassment are rampant throughout the game, they simply cannot catch it all. It will happen regardless if they even take actions, just simply because there are people who do not care.

Of course, Aeria could put forth more effort, but that would mean that they actually do something, and in order for them to do something they need actual staff for their games. As it is, only a handful of people run these games, maybe 3 or so per game, and sometimes less depending. Instead of using their money from their item mall to improve customer satisfaction by improving the quality of how they run the games, service, etc, they spend the money to acquire more games that they cannot staff properly.

This in turn means that they are then using the money made off of the games that actually even have an item mall yet are used to support the rest of the company, and largely on a select few, in order to keep their other games afloat. Though, with such high prices, including up to 300$ USD for some single items during promotions, it's a wonder why they cannot afford to give quality service, especially with how many they manage to sell.

momentoftruth83 Aug 20, 2009

and by the way there are NO perks for being just a GS, not sure why people make assumptions that a VOLENTEER gets perks... the only thing we get is the ability to improve the game and help players. GM's and Product Managers might be a different story.

momentoftruth83 Aug 20, 2009

what a load of lies. I checked up on the person this guy claims to be his "daughter" and she still plays. Wouldn't a concerned parent about such things remove their children from the game?

• Rc
    Rcoranran Aug 20, 2009

Whoa yakuzu that was a pretty long post there haha. I agree and disagree with you on some of the points you have made but I found what you said to be insightful none the less. I also play Project Torque. I'm not here to argue or take a side really, just thought I would add to the topic and share some of the things i've learned and experienced at Aeria Games.

I've been playing the game for about a year and the game has constantly been changing. Along with the staff. I just wanted to point out that this was a series of incidents from the forums. That involved what appears to be a GS who is no longer a part of the GS program. Just to clarify this the GS's are "volunteers" and do not work directly for Aeria Games. They are actually not admins, and are just everyday regular players like everyone else who just volunteer in the games to keep an watchful eye on things and lend a helpful hand if someone has a question. They do work very closely with the GM's who are actual employees of Aeria Games though. They are two very different positions and people often will not understand this.

I have seen some very bad GS's come and go in this time in my opinion, and have meet some really great ones as well! I have to say HiFi was good in some ways and bad in others. I think the original poster took what he posted a tad to literally though. I personally hate racism but I don't think he was actually talking about African Americans. I'm pretty sure he was cracking a joke. So I think that was a little exaggerated. Wyatt is actually a forum moderator, I think he is a good one at that. The PT community as a whole is pretty harsh to say the least! I don't always agree with him but I understand why he locks threads sometimes. If anything he should be praised for locking the thread that looks to be in question here before it got more out of hand it seems. It was closed and moved out of the way probably. (I think thats what they do with locked posts as they disappear usually)

Project Torque I believe has a ESRB ratting of all ages ( I could be wrong). If it does this means well anyone can play pretty much. From 7 year old kids to seniors. With this comes a mixed crowed and boy it definitely shows in game! There is cursing done from kids to adults! Room names with profanity in them and drug references. To just obscene in game names, but there is usually at least 1 or 2 GS's on that a player can report this to. So they are trying to keep the game as clean as they can so it is enjoyable for everyone kids to adults alike. This mixed demo-graph also bleeds into the forums. I think with the GM (most likely older), and the GS in the screen shots (also most likely older) were having some fun with the beer posts. Probably wasn't the brightest thing for them to do granted and I think they made a mistake, but it to me shows the demo-graph and age group of the community as a whole. They just were to laxed and were caught up in being friendly and didn't realize what they were doing/saying.

I think Project Torque is a great game but could use more help in real Aeria staff I.E more GM's. I think there is only 1 GM monitoring this game and it's a shame to me. He is always busy and when online, really has no time to talk to his community cause he is constantly on the go it seems. He does try! He helped my friend get his account unblocked from a mass ban due to I.P association or "unusual account activity" and I'm thankful for that. I think if they added more GM's these types of things wouldn't happen. Wearing your staff thin sacrificing customer service and monitoring of a game to save a buck is bad business practice in my opinion.

Oh one last thing I play WOW sometimes as well, and blizzard has its share of "weirdo's" in there staff as well. They have enough money to keep those types of things "hush hush" I'm sure! and players have been and are banned for "cybering"and "sexual harassment/misconduct" all the time. I don't think any such massive multi player online game will truly be 100% clean. Or the fact that paying for a subscription has anything to do with it. Have any of you used Xbox live and heard what comes out of some of these kids mouths these days as well!? My looord! So it is everywhere. But as mentioned it's all about the policing of it to keep it under control. Sadly I don't think Aeria Games has the million dollar budgets to throw around for admins like Blizzard does.

yakazu Jul 20, 2009

and also to whoever said wow can promote blah blah blah.

basically there saying in warcraft you dont have pedophile, rapist, contributing to minor game staff.

World of Warcraft they get paid to be professionals. Not make people they have no idea of there identity, age, criminal background, etc as PEOPLE IN A POSITION OF INFLUENCE to manipulate the TOS to there own personal gain.

yakazu Jul 20, 2009

like i said to truth revealed its obvious they werent trying to make some photo shopped thread its many posts put into one photo. to outline a behavioral pattern of AERIA GAMES STAFF.

so to start
    every comment besides 3 are from the same person. so sounds like its a Aeria games Employee trying to boost there game over accepting an opinion. and also to the gm who created 3 names. if you look, when you say where does it say the supposed age. click on the girls profile and it says there DOB, search the username they have a myspace with same profile photo, and there myspace also says there age. And thats even now, so thats obviously why there is a parental concern.

Also its obvious the person put all the photos together rather than posting links for people to wonder whats wrong with this. They werent trying to make some false post. You can tell this by reading it and seeing the word "research". They are trying to show what they found through basic searching of keywords on the Aeria games forum. So to you it seems you are more worried about taking someones concern and adding your one sided favored opinion. I would say next time think like a parent who is computer illiterate before making a ill mannered post.

An if the GS who wrote that this is just a "Griefer" over being banned. Notice how they never make mention of being banned. Just that they did what it is one of the many steps out lined for parents on standard guidelines for child internet safety. Which most of the common guidelines for parents were either set by the fbi or other federally funded organizations to PROTECT CHILDREN... ILL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME... TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN (read http://www.ikeepsafe.org/PRC/ for more information). By them doing a simple keyword search on the forum which is in there guidelines TO HELP PROTECT THE CHILDREN. I'm sure them being a parent were shocked that the people posting the vulgar/offensive KEYWORDS were AERIA GAMES STAFF. At which time they copied each post they found of an admin and these vulgar/offensive posts and compiled them. To show a pattern of offensive/unacceptable behavior not create a single story/context to one event. Also they never express that the posts are/were directed at there daughter. This seems to be you making up lies while calling them a liar...

They are more simply stating they were checking to see if Aeria games is a place on the internet where they feel there child is safe. An let me tell you that you are ignorant to say the age is 13 for there games 13 is still a minor and those actions are still in technical real world aspect ILLEGAL... They then found these posts by AERIA GAMES STAFF, expressed concern to AERIA GAMES STAFF i assume by email and over the phone. where they received the blind eye/"looking the other way" attitude which seems to be common practice for Aeria Games (this can be proven by doing a simple google search even a better business bureau search) An if they are a "Griefer" Then what does that make you, your only supporting AGE because you are a "staff member". You have a bias opinion cause you are a part of the company. So your point is 100% invalid and you made yourself and area games look worst. You haven't dis-proven them or even shown how they can be wrong nor has all/"the same" person who posted trying to discredit this person.

You didnt actually post anything other then saying. "thats not how it is and there just mad" or "sir you are a idiot" "you fail" "your just a noob". Well i dont see why you would use such childish language. At least there using reason not just acting obliviously ignorant much like the Aeria games staff in question. Nothing is taken out of context because them saying it in each post is the context, Its not a story and one word is taken from here and there and used to make a sentence. In fact if you read it each post is there own context, much to the definition of the word...

Basically Its just about the core of the matter is that acceptable to say to little kids when your an adult of course not. would you walk up to little kids in the mall and offer them a beer. I don't think so. Would you say there going to be "raped by cyborgs". I doubt it unless you like a 6'x8' prison cell... So what makes it acceptable when its done on the internet? According to law nothing about it is acceptable. Same with your common sense, it should tell you its wrong. An last time i checked the law doesn't cover continued paragraphical context. what is said, is said... and this definitely isn't hearsay since they posted it and you even posted the link.

on the 2nd note.

i have read the post that was by djprotojeex called something like " age staff conduct " after reading the comment by the "AG PT PLAYER". DjProToJeeX made a well elaborate post shedding there concern much like this "concerned parent" although be it a little hasty and without indifference for the other half. Your just making AERIA GAMES look worst. Djprotojeex obviously had more education then the Staff in question and therefor was turned into a martyr for expressing there opinion in a well laid out manner. People don't have to agree with you just because you are you. Your not the master of the universe and would be a fool to think you are. You are allowed to have your opinion and vice versa. Doesnt make that grounds to ban someone which was the case with DjProtojeex... (google his vlog for more info and listen to aeria games staff on the phone)

(Basically this next little bit is how you can tell its the same admin posting here as the admin/s in question by the concerned parent and also which were in question with dj protojeex. 2 different people, 2 different cases and 1 outcome for both unsatisfactory concern of child safety. As to them coming here and making an obliviously ignorant series of posts. theyd have to explain why they did that)

first where does it say anything about being banned and how do you come up with this conclusion. Theres nothing linking them or nothing even close to the same storyline in the complaint. An how when the person making the complaint is saying

"I tried to address the situation and seek a little clarification. Only to have the staff call me many hateful names."

how is calling them a "noob" and making up a whole conspiracy theory on them being the 2nd shooter in the grassy knoll without one shed of proof. Your not helping make aeria games look good or this person look bad. There making a complaint on exactly what you are doing. That is exactly there basis for this complaint so obviously "concerned parent" isn't wrong.You say one thing and you get inappropriate immature attitude, even outside of AERIA GAMES DOMAIN. Your comment as well as your emasculated demeanor just proved them right. (pat yourself on the back for that one)

And yes that member (Dj Protojeex) was banned for sharing there concerns with staff behavior within AERIA GAMES DOMAIN. They did it within the AGE terms of service from what i read and well within boundary's for a proper rebuttal in a Urban Debate League. If it were a debate, Aeria games wouldve lost in the first 4 minutes. like most of the poster/s trying to discredit this complaint. Which is why i can believe this poster and between your attitude and putting a little thought into the mix and some research. Its obvious to me AERIA GAMES isnt a company a Parent or anyone outside of ASIA should support.

So basically the poster "discreet" is right. If your not in the gm/gs "staff" clique then your not welcome to have an opinion. At which point a AGE "staff" member suspends or bans them for using what people in America are taught to use and that is free speech. If your not down with free speech within your own terms of service... You dont need to have a business in AMERICA plain and simple and AERIA GAMES can keep there games in ASIA where they are developed an can then govern there games in a "communist" like behavior. Since that's basically what was the case with djprotojeex. "The tyrannical powers that be didn't like the public, free speech and chose to restrict the public and remove this martyr from the equation." - quote from dj protojeexs vlog on the subject. Much like what is done in a communistic organization. Obviously Djprotojeex did nothing wrong cause even in your post you just mention there name as if its some highly discreditable thing. Or as if that was even a smart example to use on your behalf. Someone using education to outwit someone with little to no education who is unlawfully hitting on kids and talking of "cyborgs raping" them. I say little to no education cause anyone who's passed the third grade should know right from wrong in this situation especially being in a influential position of power. Much as i laid out before, you wouldn't goto your local convenience store and say this to kids so being on the internet doesn't make it right. Which is what this "concerned parent" is trying to say. Simply because when this was brought up obviously as a parent they were unsatisfied with the resolution if any that was offered by AERIA GAMES. You dont know the poster or what AERIA GAMES did to make the situation better, nor do i. But what i do know is that this person wasn't satisfied with the proposed solution or i wouldn't be here posting this... Would I???

like djprotojeex its the same way with this "concerned parent" and them not being allowed to there opinion. Even here on a complaint board you have GM's and GS's staff/employees of the company in question here to make sure a person cant have a honest opinion. This person is shedding there concern and you take a very ignorant stance. Just like the AGE staff on there forums AND whats in question. you make some attempt to shoot down the person over providing a solid basis for your opposition on there concerns or make a legitimate rebuttal. Calling someone an "idiot" and making up an identity for them makes them look more right. what website did a gm make, you didnt post it and i know your not going to say thepatriots.net, cause well thatd just be wrong... And well its clearly outlined that the gms/gs's use abusive, foul, offensive, and vulgar language. Thats why theyd be to scared to say it to a kid in public cause they couldnt hide behind a screen name or a computer. Not to mention they know theyd goto jail.

Now to the practical...

whoever said its the dj protojeex person in this post your saying in the 6, 772, 276, 686 people in the world or even narrow it down to the 306, 958, 736 people in the usa. Your saying that 2 people out of that many cant share concerns about the staff in the game. Do i even have to break that down into a fraction of how probable that is for another person to have a concern for the game. And i think by watching Dj Protojeex's video blog or VLOG on aeria games and his ban i can say hes so cocky and right that he would have put his name not "concerned parent". An probably wouldve taken a stance much the same of the posters "bombchica" and "discreet" and just told there story. Like i said out of 306, 958, 736 people in the usa im sure there is a parent in there whos had a bad experience with aeria games and feel that isnt a place for children. An well its known fact and better business bureau company record shows AERIA GAMES has no interest in customer concerns.

I mean you proved them right that you cant talk to any AERIA GAME STAFF MEMBER when you yourself are making immature offensive remarks with a very condescending demeanor. An i can say 100% that if your the type of staff member the "concerned parent" talk to. Then i think the original poster is right and unless you are a ignorant teen with no regard for the world, You wouldnt want to bother wasting your time on something like AERIA GAMES.

Basically your just making excuses so you can believe everything you say and do has to be right. I think you need to do a little bit more in-depth research, stop the world in your mind from evolving around your ideals and narrow minded beliefs. An next time when someone says something maybe write out a detailed and descriptive post expressing a real world take on your experience. Cause your only going to prove others right and make yourself look worst by calling names. Maybe if you had a real rubbuted take on there comment you might have gained some ounce of understanding. But all i really read was you making 3 names just to call them a "doo-doo head" and back yourself up. while the few real posters did just that.

and i know i put alot of big words in here, read and do some research before you respond and make yourself look even worst.

yakazu Jul 20, 2009

how is that a photo shopped farce you can find all of those posts if you use the search engine for the game. so thats not photo shopped at all other then the comments. I found every post as listed. so to truth revealed you should really do some research before posting your opinion over posted fact.

• Di
    Discreet Jul 15, 2009

I also have been playing an Aeria game since 2007. In an attempt to block some of the hackers ingame the staff banned around 300 players. This for the most part is a good thing as it takes cheaters out. The bad thing about it is that innocent players like myself were banned as well due to shared IPs. When you try and discuss the matter on their forums you are silenced immediately and told to use "contact us". Well contact us is usually someone answering E-mails and asking for personal information about you. Well I have nothing to hide so I filled out the little questionare and sent it back. The staff then replied that my characters are guilty of "suspicious behavior" and the ban will not be lifted. I then found out that I am acussed of hacking the game and if I had any other questions to respond back to the E-mail. Well I did have questions and sent it back in, 3 days ago. They will not be able to prove that any character on my account has ever done anything to break any rules. They just state what they want and leave you in the dark. I want proof that I did anything wrong other than share an IP adress with someone who hacked the game.
    For the guy that just became a GS for Aeria your opinion is rather biased as you get certain perks from being a GS so of course you will defend the company or lose your little "GS" beside you character's name. The customer agreement states that Aeria can do whatever they want at anytime they want to your account. They also say that if you do nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about. That is a baldfaced lie. I did nothing wrong and they can't prove I did. I just wish I had not spent any money playing this Aeria game.
    That brings me to another point. If a player spends large amounts of money buying the "AERIA POINTS", they are pretty much immune to the rules the rest of us casual players had to adhere to. The GS above can argue all you like, but you know this is a fact. Hell one player named Snakeyes was caught hacking and told by a GM to namechange to avoid a ban. He is on the leaderboard for 12Sky name is F1int now. There are screenshots in the forums as I type this of one of you GSs that hacked into a zone. So don't act all self righteous in here calling people idiots. I may be an idiot for spending time and money on anything Aeria games sponsors.

• Bo
    BombChica Apr 30, 2009

Ok, so of coarse a GS or GM or mod is going to say that AGE is a good place for kids to play games. Mind u i KNOW for a proven fact that there is at least ONE sex offender playing this game. I have encountered him myself, in person. I am 27 yeas old so i was able to hold my own. However this man in 1997 was required to reg as a sex offender AFTER he was released from jail after only serving ONE YEAR. This man was convicted because he raped and sodomized an 11 year old girl at the age of 16 as he claims but according to the ofender registry he reged in97 and that would make him 18. But regardless of his age, he raped a child! He plays games from AGE. No this isnt AGE's fault by any means, an im sureif they had ways of knwing about ppl like this they would be MORE than happy to keep them from playing. Now i know this is all over the internet and we bust our rears to protect our children (13 over or under doesnt matter) from encountering ppl like this...what makes AGE so much better than oher websites? Lets face it, our children r not safe on the internet PERIOD unless we sit right there with them. Sure there is some resonsible kids out there who know what to look for but all it takes is for that ONE person to say just the right thing and boom, it happens. I will not name any names as to WHO this person is because i dont know if it is ok to say that or not, however IF it is ok and not against the law for me to say WHO it is i will be more than happy to tell ppl, for the protection of their kids. But as for "youngsters safe on aeria games" children r not safe on the internet period. Im not saying kids cant use the net by any means, i have a 6 year old that i allow to use my PC, however i am right there with him when he does. Computers is something we cant keep from our kids because schools use them everyday, and knowlege of computers is a awesome thing for kids. But u never know whats out there. So this is why i MYSELF made the comment above saying children should not be subjected to AGE, but in reality if they ARE going to play the game, i think they need to be watched VERY close. But then again, Last Chaos isnt monitored very well, and u can ask any player that, it USE to be but not anymore. U have speed hacker in the arena that come back daily, u have ppl cursing, talking about S E X as they type it, drugs. And now come on, u cant say that "oh we monitor the game and take action against rules being broke like this" because the reality of it is...LOOK AT THE IGN'S!!! if u havent seen them here is a few: Blazed, HalfBaked, Chota420, and a guild name thats been running around for i KNOW since Oct something to the effect of POTSMOKERS, and Stoners. But im guessing thats ok :( sorry but its not. Kids r going to be subjected to this stuff no matter what, and really its how us as parents teach them not to be pressured into this stuff, but isnt one of those ways to keep this from happening is to not subject them to this stuff willingly? And if i was to allow my son IF he was 13, play this game...woudlnt that be what i was doing? Im not knocking AGE, u guys have helped me alot i mean ALOT lately, but i just dont think, and many others do as well, that this is a place a kids (13 year old) should be playing. Yeah its a great adult gamem and i have ALOT of fun cutting up with my friends but i certainly would not allow my son to see what these ppl say at 6, 13, or even 17. Anywho, like i said, i have fun on LC and im sure i will always have fun, but this is fun for adults, not kids :)

• Yo
    you sir are a failure Apr 30, 2009

Sucha concerned parent with morals you are, but you chose to host the images on a site that advertises porn! good choice!

• Aa
    A AG's and PT player Apr 30, 2009

Oh forgot to add that there is a minimum age requirement of 13 if I'm not mistaken a simple search would have showed you this. Some of the games also have mature content, blood and and a little violence and that sort of thing the demographic of players is not just children. Looks like you didn't do any research at all on the company if you don't even know the TOS or the games the company carries. Oh just so you know WOW has some blood in it and can be twisted up enough to say promotes violence as well depending on how you want to look at it. You seem to be good at taking things to the extreme so I'm sure you completely understand. Cheerio!

a AG's Player

• Aa
    A AG's and PT player Apr 30, 2009

Wow this is complete garbage! I talk to GS's and GM's in alot of Aeria Games and I know them well in PT to as I play it the most. There are problems I know but none of what you are claiming here I see true. You have tried to manipulate everything The GM's and GS's said to make it seem like the claims you are making are valid. You hacked up all screen shots from these threads, failed to include more from each hacked up thread. I have seen these posts in the forums by the way and am a pretty active poster as well, so I know the responses that everyone else in the community was actually replying with not just the GM's and GS's.

What did the GM do wrong? It looks like he offered your "supposed" daughter a soda and took the "fake virtual beer" away from your daughter. And it also looks like he was inviting your again "supposed" daughters friends to come play the game along with her. Shame on him for inviting more players to play the game right? Oh uhm geeee wait!!! So you mean to tell me that using the word "monkeys"...the fury creatures that run around in forests and stuff is now a racist word? Get bent you over political correctness extremest idiot! I think you are off your rocker man and have some serious issues! You Have no sense of humor apparently.

I don't know but you sound a lot like the guy who was trolling the forums starting BS suggestions and then arguing with everyone in the community when they dissagreed with you. I also recall you whining about a GS run free to participate in event because it wasn't run the way "you" wanted it to with the prizes that "you" thought were better. You also liked to passive aggressively attack GS's for no reason at all it looked like since a admin had to edit your posts and stated you for acting this way. You sound a lot like "DjProToJeeX". If anyone does an actual search of your posts you can see what I'm talking about. Sounds like a griefer who was banned for being an idiot on the forums and to admins trying to cause more trouble here. Get a life you noob! How much you want to bet that the user you claim to be your "daughter" isn't even really your "daughter". If I were you buddy I would stop doing this and get over your ban! I'm sure AG's doesn't go after petty ###s like you, but like the person said earlier this can be considered slanderous. I think they will see this and document it along with everything else you are trying to do and will just be more fuel for there fire if they did decide to act upon this nonsense. Good luck on your escapade loser!

a AG's Player

• Tr
    Truth Revealed Apr 30, 2009

For those that haven't seen it, here is his Photo Shopped farse...

Comments

• Tr
    Truth Revealed Apr 30, 2009

So you pass off a cut and paste as if it is even close to the real thread, real intelligent there buddy, what you posted is completely out of context and could be construed as slander.

Original Thread: http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=343198

Here's a list.

Original thread started 27 march 2009.
    You pasted in posts from other threads as far back as 11 March.
    OP never stated age.
    Thread was never locked and the lock post was from another thread entirely from 12 March.(The lock post was from this thread: http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=343198)

You sir are an idiot...

momentoftruth83 Apr 28, 2009

PS
    anyway, I apologize you did not have the desired gaming experience, and/or were offended by something. I doubt you took the appropriate steps to make a complaint to the GM about this, and I also didn't see anything in the screen shot you posted that shows you or anyone else stating the girl's age. One more thing I have been in forums for a long time and I recognize almost every post which you put in your image, and it is funny how you didn't post any other parts than the conversation which you are calling "racist" and "offensive." Heck there's no proof at all that your daughter was even in the forums. You are taking things completely unrelated to what you are complaining about, and making them appear to be something different - this is quite unfortunate. I understand the role of a parent, and the concerns of a parent - and I wish you and your family well... but this is pretty much bull. Why should anyone believe your screen shots when you modified/combined them to begin with?

I gave you my in-game name specifically in the case that you want to talk to someone about this - but the way it seems, you care more about making false accusations.

momentoftruth83 Apr 28, 2009

I strongly disagree with this. I have been an AGE member for years, and I have been playing the game Project Torque since it was released into open beta. The accusations here about Gamesages using vulgar language, being racist, etc is COMPLETELY UNTRUE. As a matter of fact, one of the GS's themselves created a web site specifically for submitting bad behavior such as vulgar language, racism, and even intentionally crashing other drivers in the game. I don't know how it is in other AGE games, but I do know that Project Torque's GS's go above and beyond to support sportsmanship and reason. In fact, anybody caught using racist material automatically has not only their account banned for life, but their IP address as well - successfully preventing them from logging into the game even using another account, unless they do it on a totally different computer or in some cases a totally different house-hold. The only way you are "allowed" to swear is to do so in a way that does not bypass the chat filter (basically instead of saying the F word it would show up as an asterisk). If you bypass the chat filter, that is a 3 day ban from the game and level reductions. If you are found to be crashing other players in purpose this is also a 3 day ban and level reductions. Again, there is a place to submit any report about any of this activity, and it is stated in the faq in the REPORT BEHAVIOR section of the forums. The person who wrote this is likely a griefer who got banned from the game themselves. I will admit though, after checking out forums of other AGE games, they are greatly unsatisfactory in comparison to Project Torque - so maybe what he says is true for AGE in general, but at least in the awesome racing game of Project Torque this is totally untrue and any proof that a player, a GS, or GM has misconducted themselves can be submitted to the web-site I mentioned.

Anyway, I myself recently became a GS (form of game mod) and I have yet to EVER see a GS say anything offensive, not just in the game - but outside of the game as well. So people, don't be fooled by this - your youngsters are safe - however it is against TOS to have an account if you are under the age of 13. Thanks

-MadCowRacin'-

• Bo
    BombChica Apr 23, 2009

I strongly agree with you here. I have played Last Chaos for almost 3 years, and recently was banned for something i didnt not do. They refused to talk to me for a month then whe i threatend to take legal action they then emailed me back, and everytime i got an email it would be the same "give u the name on the account, email linked to the account AP trans actions..." and so on, and then they threatend ME and said that if i responded to the email it would be considered spam. i daved that email and all the others. I very much agree with the way the GMs and GSs talk and the hacking and just flat out ingnorant ppl who run this, no child should be subjected to this.