ACRE Replacement WindowsInability to deliver what was contracted and poor project management

ACRE's salesperson was really great but the Project Management and follow-through was horrible. After signing a contract on June 6, 2011 I was left to chase ACRE for status updates on my project. I live in a historical home and finally on September 13, 2011 I was told by the ACRE Project Manager that the Historical Commission wouldn't approve the windows I contracted for. After getting furious and scheduling a meeting with the Historical Commission representative I called ACRE to get the drawing and specs for the origial Commission filing. It was only then during further investigation that I found out that Andersen Windows could not even manufacture the windows I contracted with ACRE for in the sizes I needed -- and no one ever tole me that that was the case. They were apparently looking at other manufactures' windows, not the Anderson with the 20 year warranty, to fulfill the job without ever getting my approval to do so. Now I'm stuck in the battle of trying to get my $5, 000 deposit back. Looks like I'm going to have to get a lawyer to do so. ACRE might be acceptable for the most simple jobs but based on my experience if you have a job that involves any complexity I would suggest that you run, run fast away from ACRE and find a company with greater competency.

• Ac
    ACRE Windows Nov 22, 2013

This posting was done by a competitor of ACRE windows. It does not reflect an actual consumer.

• Re
    RealAndersenInstaller Sep 13, 2013

I know all too well the games of Matt Manfred. If you would like Andersen windows installed at a "real" price. Contact me today!!!