Menu
Home Unauthorized Charges Account Assure rip off consumers without merit

Account Assure review: rip off consumers without merit

Author of the complaint
1:26 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I cannot stand bad customer service. This company has no tact and their supervisors lack service skills.
I have had my Victoria Secrets account for over 10 years. I have just cancelled. This Account Assure charged me $3.99 over a service I did not subscribe for nor requested to join.

When I received my bill, I called them to let them know I was not going to pay for something I had not subscribed to. Their answer was "you must have because that's the only way we would have charged you. I tried to tell them I had not done it but they wouldn't listen. I requested a credit and told them an investigation needed to be done. They told me "THEY WOULD CREDIT ONLY IF I DID NOT OPEN AN INVESTIGATION". I told them NO, I would want an investigation as they had charged my VS account w/out consent. Rude customer service comments were uncalled for.

I cancelled my VS account when I called them and they said "they will investigate and if they do not have the recording they will issue a credit". THAT WAS NOT MY POINT!

Yes, I did receive 2 months later a letter where they said "as a customer courtesy they would issue me a refund" BULL! This company had to issue me a credit because I HAD NOT ORDERED THEIR USELESS SERVICES!

When I asked for a supervisor, her comments were "I do not understand what else you want, they are issuing you credit". Idiots with a name tag is what I consider them and it is a shame that they can get away with this behavior. Useless spineless and I will let everyone know that they do not care, they simply feel that returning the fees THEY STOLE to begin with is enough. Not to me.

More Account Assure complaints & reviews

Account Assure - I was lied to
Account Assure - signed up for protection service w/o my permission
Account Assure - insurance/protection service
15 comments
A
Dec 10, 2019 3:36 am EST

I am being charged 4.39 a month on my victoria secret credit card and would like to cancel this service imedeadtly

A
Dec 03, 2019 3:58 pm EST

Pls cancel this

Jul 28, 2019 9:21 pm EDT

Hi, I just learned that I was charged assurance fees on my Kingsize credit card since 2013 which I never authorized.

Jul 22, 2019 2:10 pm EDT

Hi, like I mentioned above I was charged unauthorized fees on my Kingsize credit card since 2013.

J
Jun 05, 2019 8:20 pm EDT

I was told when I signed up it would be a dollar or 2 a month. Why am I being charged that and another 40 every month? I was not told that.

K
Mar 11, 2019 1:44 pm EDT

hey Guys, Im just getting on here now. March 2019. I had my herbergers card since July 2016. It seems this scam didn't stop back in 2014 with the lawsuit. Who do we call or contact to get our money back or open a new lawsuit? I never agreed to Account Assure and its now put me over a thousand on this stupid card that I make my payments to. To my knowledge I didnt authorize it. Guessing I cant be the only one who this is still happening to?

V
Jan 22, 2019 1:56 pm EST

Every month, i have an Account Assure charge on my Victoria's Secret credit card. I have tried cancelling account assure for MONTHS and it still is showing up on my account and i'm still being charged for it. how do i stop this unnecessary charge? and how do i get a refund for this nonsense?

M
Jan 05, 2019 9:46 pm EST

I wanted to cancel my account in account assure which connected to my express credit card.

Dec 12, 2018 9:02 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It's on my HSN card through community bank and costs more than the interest. I never authorized it.

P
Sep 19, 2018 11:22 am EDT

July 2018 I called Victoria Secret to find out what is 9.99 charges every month and it was account assure ok so I called they then explained to me the advantage of having this service etc . So I told the repersntive I've been disabled for over a year and he explained that they will pay your minimum payment for up to 6months, I'm thinking that could be so much help since I've been out work. Come to find out they only paid 3 months of payment but I've been paying this account assure for over 2yrs go figure I also had to pay this benefit request form that had to be filled out by my doctor this is actually a RIP off for you to pay years and only get 3 months of pay BS I canceled this service.

D
Aug 28, 2018 7:20 pm EDT

I never authorized this billing on my Victoria Secret card. They should be shut down. The amounts are never the same and sometimes it was twice a month. This needs to be credited back to my card! I have cancelled multiple times and again this month.

S
Jan 14, 2016 10:19 am EST

So can ANYONE tell me if they ever did receive a gift card when they signed up for this crap? Sounds like an outright lie to me.

E
Jan 11, 2016 9:46 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

There is a lawsuit being paid because of deceptive practices with this service. you should be able to find out if your CC company is involved. https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/press/2015/pr15073.html

G
Jun 29, 2013 1:09 pm EDT

If you received that charge on your bill, you agreed to enroll for account assure. You heard "25$ gift card" and toned out the rest of the offer. It's your fault, idiot.

J
Jul 22, 2012 9:56 am EDT

This company is like a bad nightmare. I can not get rid of them! They call, I say no way. About 2 bills later there they are. I call get placed on hold till the system hangs up on me. Then I contact my credit card that put me in harms way of this fraudulant vender and they say it is not us and to contact that vender. Meanwhile, I watch myself being riped off!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

104 complaints