Abercrombie And FitchPoor service

In September (2017) my boyfriend and I took a special trip to London to buy my birthday present, seems we live in Gloucester, it was a fair way to go and we decided to get stuff from Abercrombie & Fitch seems we weren't visiting America any time soon.
The zip up hoodie I bought seemed really nice, and after queueing for over 2 hours finally paid! But, on the trip home after we had a better look at it, in the day light, we noticed a hole on the front, sort of stained around the edges. It was too late to go back to the store, so when we got home we phoned them.
A guy called Tom told us to send them the top, and he'd send back a new one.
But Tom went on holiday when we tried to chase it up - so a new lady explained that she can't just send me a new one like he'd said. She also said that she knew the top in question, and she'd already denied someone a refund seems she thought the hole was a cigarette burn - the original owner had obviously persistently tried to return it - and then the shop assistants had put the faulty product back onto the shop floor!
So lucky me - innocent to this - went and bought it not realising in their dark shop it was faulty.
So instead of a new top they sent me a gift voucher for the amount I spent on the hoodie, and told me if I didn't want another trip to London I should buy online and pay the postage and packaging.
We e-mailed Abercrombie explaining what happened, and they sent back a reply, not even apologising, saying they could do nothing.
So second trip to London later, I had my hoodie. Not worth it - and their service - shocking.

• Mo
    Monica1520 Nov 13, 2012

I recently ordered a sweater from the website and was sent the wrong one. After returning it I noticed I was charged twice for it and then was later charged the shipping fee for the exchange even though I used the "prepaid" label. I should not have been charged at all because it was not my mistake. This was the first time I've ordered something from Abercrombie and it will definitely be my last.

• Sh
    Shelley UK Sep 17, 2012

On my visit to this store, I told the Manager I had a very long list of clothes to buy for my son in the UK. I had photos on my camera and notes of exactly which items I needed. After assisting with the first item, he said he had to serve another customer. Holding onto the 5 items I decided to purchase, I needed help with the final four items. He and also two subsequent girl assistants, just waved us in the direction of the department. On saying that I had already looked, they just stood and stared - had no other customers to deal with. I then asked for the aftershave and again was waved off in a vague direction. Came to pay with only 6 out of my 9 items to find the aftershave at the check out. They were not interested in my complaint and said that I would not be able to contact Abercrombie + Fitch by telephone and the general attitude of "well you cant complain, you come from the UK, so what are you going to do about it". We dumped all the clothes on the counter and Abercrombie + Fitched missed out on a sale of almost $1, 200. I would love to hear the Board of Directors comments on that one!

• Bo
    Boneheaderss Jul 18, 2011

You may be complaining a little too much, but she should have been a little more nice about it.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Dec 14, 2010

Price matching is not a requirement of any store. The CS representative did the right thing by explaining the reasons why. It sounds like you're having a temper tantrum.

• Mr
    Mr Rich Dec 13, 2010

I ordered about $250 worth of clothing from A&F just after Thanksgiving and then noticed that they put these same items on sale for 25% off just a few days later. So I call customer service (my representative was Tina) to request the discount and not only does she refuse -- she launches into this 5 minute totally rehearsed explanation. Something I am sure she practices in front of the mirror every morning. When I tried to interrupt the rehearsed monologue she just kept on talking allowing me to become more and more upset.

I would say she actually ENJOYED getting me upset. I think A&F teaches their CS representatives to be aggressive and tough with customers on issues like this. So we'll just return the purchased items to the store as soon as they arrive and buy them at the discounted price (or, then again, maybe not!). In any event, this is not the way to treat customers and if this is how A&F does business I would prefer not to be a customer.

As for Tina, my not so friendly, CS representative: I suggest you find a new line of work because you have no people skills. I hope A&F goes out of business.

• Al
    alyssa22 Nov 21, 2010

She's right, shut up. You should've just asked for help, idiot.

• Ke
    kerryc Jul 11, 2010

There were 7 employees either on the floor or behind the counter (most of them were behind counter)...me and my son were in their for 10 minutes and no one asked us if they could help. We needed a key for dressing room but were ignored. After a 4th employee passed us by I looked at my son and said "we are outta here, I won't even buy from this store cause of how they treat customers". An employee heard me and actually said "what? then you should of asked for help" She egged me on almost like she wanted me to complain I said "why would I complain to your manager?? She is letting her employees talk like this to a customer?" please

• Hu
    Human79 Jun 08, 2010

Ad says merchandise purchase of 200.00 online qualify a 50.00 gift card within the promo time. now customer service insisting that the purchase must be on one order. could not show a one time order on the add. the company [email protected] is misleading and deceiving customers.could not believe a reputable brand can deceive customers this way.