ABCmouse.com / Age of Learning Logo

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learning

Having problems with ABCmouse.com / Age of Learning?

101 N Brand Blvd Fl 8
Glendale, California
United States - CA91203-2639

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ABCmouse.com / Age of Learning.

Complaints & Reviews

ABCmouse.com taking funds from my mastercard!!

i cancelled any kind of membership/trial membership for the app because my grand daughter just wasnt interested, as she has a small learning disability and app didnt hold her attention like I hoped it would!! I called back in September to stop all funding from mastercard and its december and they DID IT AGAIN FOR THIS MONTH!!! 9.95 a pop for each month!! I cant change my info on my profile or my google pay on my computer as im disabled and my bills are takin from same mastercard to pay my bills thru the month!! That would REALLY mess me up AND I SHOULDNT HAVE TO CHANGE ALL MY SETTINGS BECAUSE OF ONE APPS INCOMPITENCE!!! What should I do...IM FEEL SO DUMB AND STUCK!!!

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learningabcmouse.com and assessment center auto-renewal without notification

I purchased ABCMouse.com subscription one year ago when my granddaughter was going into kindergarten. I must have also purchased their Assessment Center subscription, as well, in order to test her abilities before she took the placement test. However, I do not recall these being 2 separate licenses and transactions.

These are subscription services which require a login when used. ABCMouse.com can see that neither subscription has been used in over 6 months. Instead of sending a courtesy notification indicating that they billing cycle was close to renewal (and confirming that I did want to renew although there has been zero recent activity), they hit my PayPal account which somehow had been set up as automatic approval for ABCMouse.com transactions!! I was charged $59.95 and $39.95 on the same day-- August 4, 2019.

I contacted ABCMouse.com Customer Service on August 5th (as the 4th was a Sunday) and asked for a refund/ for them to reverse the charges. My Support Ticket is 3443800. It took 2+ days for them to respond via email with this:
    "After you signed up for a monthly subscription plan you received a separate offer to upgrade to an annual plan, which provides a significant discount over your original monthly plan. You accepted that offer, and as explained on the upgrade page the annual subscription is charged immediately and 12 additional months are added to your then-current month."

To the question on 2 charges to my account, I received this:
    "It also appears that you accepted a second upgrade offer for a subscription to the Assessment Center at the rate of $39.95 annually. As stated on the upgrade offer page, the $39.95 upgrade fee is also charged immediately.

Both offers provide a substantial savings over the standard pricing.

As stated in Section 1.C. of our Terms and Conditions ("Account Fees"), we do not provide refunds. However, you will have full access to both the Early Learning Academy and Assessment Center for your subscription period. Please check out the features of these subscriptions, and note that we regularly add additional content to Early Learning Academy, so the number and types of activities keep growing!"

This is a terrible business practice-- to auto-bill without any type of notification, especially when they can verify there product is not even being used. How shady is that?? Regardless if this was the best learning product in the world and could increase children's knowledge multiple grade levels above their age, I would absolutely never recommend ABCMouse.com to any other person due to this. They may be proud of their product but they should be ashamed of their business practices and policies. What a terrible way to make money...off of unsuspecting families that originally invested in their services with excitement and support.

A reasonable resolution would be a refund of $99.90, which would be an honorable business practice.

ABCmouseCustomer service and business practices

I just got off the phone with someone from ABC mouse, I am upset my daughter used a card i let her use for something else. I was shocked i paid for it without consent on a high intrst card. when i asked they refund my money and bill my daughter, She said, no go through your bank and they can fraud her. What ? yes i want to kill her but ruin her life? NO. i said, may i speak with a manager?, she says im sorry they are all in meeting. Ok, i say ok i will call back later or tomarrow., she says, No you wont beable to call at all and speak to a manager. I say, what do you mean? Her response was, They are all really busy. I say, .. Really they are busy doing what? shouldnt they be busy with customers, Oh i guess i canceled and not a customer anymore, Right? I have gave you the responsible party and you are just done with me now im not paying your overly priced website. < NO NO NO she says . just go through your bank. A JOKE!

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learningcancellation of the service

After discovering that they automatically charged me for another year, I emailed them requesting cancellation and a refund. They wouldn't refund me any of the money. The automatic annual renewal is not clearly made aware to the customer and there is not an the option to remove the auto renewal upon time of purchase. The only way to prevent further charges is to email them about cancelling your account. The customer support number was extremely difficult to obtain and was only made possible upon 4 email requests. I never file complaints or submit negative reviews, but it is extremely concerning the level of intentional deceit of the auto-renewal policy and additional work required by the customer to cancel or even contact customer support.

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learningabc mouse business is embezzled money out of my account

ABC mouse is been robbing me out of my money with out my permission. For a year and a half the sad thing about this is that bank of America new a about ABC mouse been fraudulent and they still gave green light to ABC mouse to robbed me blind.in return the bank would overdraft on purpose. So that they can make .money them self. With my overdrafts. I contacted ABC mouse my self .and ask them for my money back. It's just fair I never signed up for this. I live on a fix income. I don't have little people living in my house it's just 3 adults in the premises. Jessie from from ABC mouse told me that. They'll got all my info from a 3rdparty entity. that he could not disclose the information. I ask who signed for this. He's response was.we don't really need nobody to sign as long as we have all you're information we can pretty much can everything. So I ask bank of America what happened to my privacy Act.agrement. I guess bank of America does not honor there clients on there privacy. What ever happened to are consumer affairs rights. Do they still apply or is it that the rule of law is out the window. I don't understand that this people get away with everything and take everything from you with no consequences. A couple of years ago this was call embezzlement. And it was a crime. Punishable by law.

Oct 17, 2018

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learning — cancelling

I've tried twice to cancel my service using the instructions they provide and the next month I'm charged...

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learningno notification prior to billing

ABC Mouse just charged my account for a yearly subscription without notifying me in advance. I asked the account to be cancelled and for a refund via email, but they are saying that they refuse to cancel it until one year from now. I tried to contact them via phone and the number is out of service.

It appears that thousands of others have had the same issues. Does anyone know of a class action suit?

Mar 19, 2018

ABC Mouse — child learning online site

I logged in to cancel because I realized that my son was way too advanced for the levels available. I...

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learningabc mouse

Paid to get ABC Mouse nearly a year ago for my granddaughter nearly a year ago. She seldom used the online product and so I find it a waste of money. Apparently, ABC Mouse may have thought I had interest in renewing. I do not have an interest in this product. Please have ABC Mouse return my $59.95 withdrawn from my account without my permission on 11/22/2017. My name is Carla Wilson-Redden

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learning — disappointed customer!

I ordered this in September! my card was charged $1.00 on September 27th I received nothing! then again on...

Elverta

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learning — abc mouse

This is a joke seriously my card was charged for 1.00$ from a 30 day free trail. the customer service suck...

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learning — won't stop taking my money out of my acct!!

For a year abcmouse.com has been taking money from my checking acct. My son tried the 30 day trial. On the...

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learning — false charge?

There is a charge to my paypal account for $.01, I know it's not a lot but the fact that it is there at all...

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learning — stolen credit card

My 17 year old son received a charge from abcmouse.com in his debit card. He has never been on this website...

ABC Mouseabc mouse technical support

Somehow my grandson signed out and I can't sign him back in. I've called numerous times but only got a recording that the office was closed due to a holiday. What holiday on February 22, 2017? Now I'm on hold and have been for 47 minutes.. Today is 2/24/17. I called a number I found in one of the posts above, but was told to call [protected]. Still on hold.

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learningtaking my money

I signed up for ABC mouse under the 19.95$ a month plan that we had used last time but instead they took 59.95 out of my bank with no warning I tried to cancel the very next morning and they told me I had the service for the next year anyway but I just want my money back. As well as the site said the first month we get free but the charged me that absurd amount of money i never signed up for immediately.

• Aj
                      ajir Feb 14, 2017

Hi there. That's what I had did about 2 days ago... BUT they didn't only charge me the $59.95 but also the $39.95 I asked them for a refund and they didn't agree with me, we just want our money back...

• Ca
                      Carolyn Frisbie Feb 25, 2017

@ajir I was charged $80, my grandson is locked out after 2.5 months, they have no record of my account yet I sent them copies of my iTunes receipt and I was told a supervisor would call me back in an hour. I've spent numerous hours on the phone over several days trying to get this resolved. This is not how I want to spend my time off.

ABC Mouse.comabc mouse

Subscribed and cancelled free trial subscription same day in nov 2016 because it was a little to easy for my child. Yet abc mouse has charged me
                    (Successfully and unsuccessfully) over 10 times between nov 16 and jan 2017. How is this possible or even legal. Even sent cancellation emails and please come back emails to me in nov 2016. Very unethical practices going on.

ABC Mouse.com30 day free trial

Absolutely disgusting customer service or lack of. I set up an account today for a 30 day free trial and was instantly charged with a $59.95 fee on my bank card. I called ABC mouse and they told me they don't offer a free trial to which I said well that's not what your website says. They refused to stop the payment and wouldn't allow me to speak to a manager. I put down the phone and called back and this time spoke to a lady called Carol who told me that my card had been stolen and someone was using it and that it wasn't there fault.
                      I said no my card wasn't stolen I signed up for the free trial and you charged me she refused to refund and was completely un approachable. wish I had seen all the complaints about this company before handing over my card details to them I am furious. I have called my bank and have to wait for the payment to hit my act and be out of pending status before I can dispute the charge. I have cancelled my membership on the act and will be cancelling my bank card and ordering a new one in fear that they now have my card info and may charge it whenever they want to.
                      STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY

RESOLVED

turns out that the number I called wasn't abc mouse.com although they said they were. someone appears to be impersonating that they are abc mouse customer service. The new number I found and called called was 800-633-3331 and I found myself on the phone with a customer service rep who was very helpful they cancelled my payment and said my 30 day free trial will still be in effect. I wonder how many other people were getting thru to the wrong customer service center

ABCmouse.com / Age of Learning — automatic renewal scam

Signed up for ABCMouse .com for my Daughter in Pre K. She was and is ahead of her learning skills. She loved...

ABC Mousebilling

ABC MOUSE automatically billed without my knowing this. They didn't send an email or invoice. I just noted it on my bank page a day after they took the $59.95 out. I have sent 2 messages, and I finally got back a message "i'm sorry, but you have abcmouse for another year until 4/20/17. I don't want another year, I want my $59.95 credited back to my account.