AbansAbans service centre sri lanka

A

I have an Electrolux washing machine, which though 10 years old has been working fine. Last year had a problem with it and between Negombo and Colombo, the repair and delivery took more than 6 weeks. This year again, January there was some issue and due to internal coordination hassles in the Abans Service centre, its taking me umpteen phone calls to try and get a quotation and information on status of machne.
The customer care can hardly answer my queries and show unprofessional attitude.

• Ro
    Rohansingh Nov 04, 2011

I certainly agree although my problem is different.The problem i have is that i brought an A/c for my office on the 30th of April 2011 and cant still get them to service it.May be they will say there is no warranty since it has not been serviced on time, but my mobile has details to the number of times i have called there service department.Ohh i do have some other items also that i purchased from abans but didnt last even a month just to fed up to take it to there technical division might as well throw it.
    Disgusting after sales service
    My number is [protected] cause this is no ### and bull story.by the way my names Isaac.Rohansingh Isaac

samanr Oct 09, 2012

dear sir.
    I informed to you breakdown of my new LG refrigerator 5th of October 2012 and you give me a breakdown number N1202096. but you service person not come to yet solve my problem.i kindly informed to your service center more time but still not a feedback.pl solve my refrigerator breakdown and it convert to working condition.i hope your feedback...

Thank you...

Saman chaminda Ranasinghe..

jagath Madurasinghe Dec 01, 2012

Dear sir,
    I have a LG 42'' (model RT-42p*11) S.N. 502ktwk90185 wish has been out of order and got instructions from your dealers in Gampaha for repairs. So I was advised to contact one Mr. Lalsiri Fernando at Yakkala for repairs. A month before my TV was handed over to Mr. Lalsiri and he promised me to call me back with an estimate in order to determine whether TV is worth to repair. During the last 30 days I contacted him more than 5 occasions to expedite this matter as I have a dialog connection and whether I use it or not I am forced to pay the bill. Finally I asked from the repair shop to keep me aware whether this TV is repairable or not.
    However this man is not responding me as I expect and every time he implies that he is away from shop or in a very busy state. His numbers are [protected] and [protected] Pl. help ; Jagath Madurasinghe University Lecturer [protected], [protected]

• Th
    thuwan nilam Jul 26, 2014

Dear Sir…

My problem is different. The problem I have
    is that I brought an A/c for my house on the 25th of July 2011 and can’t still
    get them to fix. The service was providing by branch of Abans Kurunagala is discussing.
    I have called the branch manager more than 10 times; my mobile has details to
    the number of times i have called for their service and nothing have happened
    yet. The respond your branch manager has given for our problem unbelievable
    that he working for such a branded company as a manager.
    I have some of recording and some photos the way of your branch do keep on
    providing to customer. Pls send me your proper e mail to make proper complain.

• Je
    Jenifer Joseph Oct 24, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am one of your customer. I have bought a LG AC on April 2014 to the house we lived in before. We have shifted to Ja Ela on 1st of October 2014 so we had to remove the AC from Kirulapona house & to Reinstall it in Ja ela house. First I put a job to remove the AC my job number is H1420881. So From the technical dept of Abans came & removed it and packed it. for that I paid Rs.1450. To reinstall the AC also I put a job in Negombo branch, job number is N1401959. The estimated amount for reinstalling AC is Rs.12600 they said, I paid dat too on 10th October. ON 22nd Octber 2014, 2 guys came frm Negombo abans technical dept came and reinstalled it. While installing the outdoor unit only the technicians checked said that the gas is empty and we have to refill it again. Then they talked to the manager in negombo. Again I called to [protected] they said that I have to pay the balance Rs.10400.. The total for reinstallation is Rs.23400. So technicians said normally when removing the AC the gas valve should close. But the technicians who have removed the AC from kirulapona house only released the gas and removed it. Again I cannot pay for refilling the gas also.. Please check this job num H1420881 and the technicians who have removed the AC. Yesterday I visited to wellawatte branch Abans and complained about this. PLEASE TAKE AN IMMEDIATE ACTION AS SOON AS YOU CAN.
    Jenifer Joseph.

• Ru
    Rusiru Hernandez Nov 09, 2014

Abans 24 Hrs Service simply does not work on sundays.. nobody answers.. not even in the morning half.. okay, it could be just week days..
    This is what Abans say about their 24Hrs..,
    "We offer 24 hour after sales assistance to all our valued customers. Just Call Abans 24hr Service and a technician from our nearest Service Centre will attend and provide a speedy solution to your problem.

For Refrigerators and Air-Conditioners, TV, Washing machines, and other appliances - CALL OUR HOTLINE: [protected]

• Da
    dave s 92 Dec 15, 2014

I am still in disgust with the attitude of abans towards their customers. Bought a brand new fridge for over 200000 rupees and it has broken down twice in three months so I sought their after sales service. All of their so called directors and managers are actually inefficient and dishonest individuals and everyone in the company always says" I cannot make a commitment on that" and " company policy". I only asked for a replacement or money back on the broken fridge they sold us. I didn't pay so much money to buy a broken fridge. I have come to the conclusion that abans and its personnel are stingy unclean and dirty people. I'll buy from a different company in the future and I advise anyone reading this to avoid this joint of a place and to fully read and understand the terms and conditions of a abans warranty card before buying. Thanks.

No objection Feb 22, 2015

I bought a LG WD- 1066LP 5.5 kg washing machine.
    There was fault and we informed to the Abans service centre.
    They visited and gave the job number H1417967.
    They brought the faulty part and asked about Rs.35, 000 to replace the unit. That is about half of the total price. Washing machine is about 2 years old.
    After About one month they say that even faulty unit also not available.
    But we bought a brand new another brand for Rs. 35, 000 and very good and reasonable after sales service.
    I hope Abans will take necessary action on this matter. You may find out the contacts from job number.
    My contact number [protected]

• Ba
    Bandaranayaka Hospital Feb 25, 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

we (Bandaranayaka Hospital ) have purchased following things from abans kirindiwela showroom.

Rice cooker- R2KW/952/EI
    Rice Cooker- R2KW/951/EI
    washine machine-R2KW 000781
    Air condition-v2kw/ 03

we have requested payment history from salesman ([protected]) in number of times to check abans receipt with our records. ( need to confirm transactions has been done fair) . we are really upset still dint get these details & beleive should have a responsibility to give customer requires details by the abans salesman once customer requested. So hope you will consider this by considering the emergency & to remain customer satisfaction with your company in future.

Thx
    Accountant
    [protected]/[protected]

• Lg
    lG LCDMonitor Mar 11, 2015

I, Dr J.K.Malwattage handed over my LG LCD monitor for repairing to Abans showroom, no396, kandy rd, dalugama on 17 feb 2015 due to manifacturing fault with warranty.when l handed over it, l inform them, l need it as soon as possible because l am doing project proposal. But when l inauarried on 27 feb, it has not sent for the survice centre.
    still I am calling both repair centre and show room daily, l could't receive it.
    This is very unplaset for me regsrding your post sale service.
    my jub no culgco270215w1618

Allai Nagar-07, Thoppur
    Muthur, Trincomalee.
    T.P.No-[protected]

complaining Regarding for muthur Showroom Branch

I bought a Refrige on 2015.04.25 (Abans Modal double door)
    There was fault and we informed to the Abans Muthur showroom Branch.
    They visited and faulty and asked about
    That of the Repair is about 1 years old.
    After About one month they say that even faulty unit also not available.
    reasonable after sales service
    My N.IC No -853250775V
    My contact number [protected]

• Ga
    Gamlath Apr 29, 2015

The sales assistants at Abans Negombo don't know about the products they are selling. I bought a printer from there and after paying the bill i asked from then to show me how to insert the cartridge to it. And they told we don't know. WTF is that . what is the reason to have a sales assistant. You better give a better training to them. ABANS customer service is disgusting.

• Ah
    Ahazy Jan 08, 2016

I've bought an A/C on abans in mannar 04/11/2016 they said they will fix it on 07/01/2016 but they didn't do it. When i went their to ask for it, the mannar branch manager (Sobin) they replied me in a bad way scolding bad words and treating us like animals.
    At that evening i went to the police to file an complaint againt manger sobin and police called the manager(sobin) for an inquiry and they finished the inquiry in favour to the manager. It hurts me a lot.
    I already informed the head office in colombo but nothing happened.
    If u won't take severe action i'll file an case in consumer court againt the abans prt.ltd
    I have an video evidence showing that the manger ordered the one of the employee to close the front door.
    And agresively pulled my camera off my hand

If any action has been done monday sorry to say this i have no other way than going to consumer court

Comments

Jayanath Ekanayake Jan 12, 2016

Dear Madam,

In November last year, I bought my wife an LG Refregerator from Abans Nugegoda for a sum of Approx 120, 000/=, with my hard earned money.
    But unfortunately in less than one month of purchasing it started giving trouble.

I had always been a regular customer of Abans having bought most of my electrical appliances from them, no matter what the brand was, cos I had a great confidence in their after sales services untill now.

To my suprise, in this occassion, the complaints fell in deaf years for over one month. Neither the service center, the customer care nor the service desk had been able to help me so far. All the calls are being recorded for quality assuarance purpose...but God knows what.

Call after call to the service center - visit after visit to the showroom, has not yield much results, except the visit of one technician who was unable to do anything at all.

Dear Mrs Pestonjee, the founder and chairperson of Abans, if you ever read this blog..., your achievements are overwhelming, and we are proud to have Sri Lankans like yourself.
    But at the same time, I earnestly request you to pay little more attention to your customers who are the basic building blocks of your very success.
    Their satisfaction should be your goal.

• Ra
    Rauf Dilshan Jan 12, 2016

Customer satisfaction is the key role .

• Ca
    Caregiver Colombo 4 Feb 05, 2016

I am a customer of Abans for household items for the past 15 years and more. I am dealing with the bad attitude of the Service staff and the other staff who claim to handle my complain. First of all, they could not trace the item in their books. Secondly, it is very obvious that they are trying to cover up someone's mistake. the arrogant attitude is what is getting me. I bought a Honeywell aircooler and the instant i used it it was giving out hot air and a very bad smell. Their own technicians collected the unit and gave the Service order form affirming the defect of the unit. Later they take it to the Service center and said that it was repaired and will be delivered. I have told them that I do not want that unit. I bought a brand new unit and found it to be defective and so I do not want a repaired unit neither a similar unit because it seems to be an inferior product. And I requested the refund of my money. Abnas still has that defective unit and my money for nearly one year. They are waiting for the guarantee to expire.
    I have all the relevant documents and my correspondence with the GMs secretary, legal officer etc. I have no choice but to take the matter to the Consumers Authority.
    I read the comments above. And I feel that all consumers have a right to get a product of quality for the money we pay. What is the point in doing CSR projects and building skyscrapers if Abans cannot deal with important issue of taking care of customers need? Are they head strong that they are big and what the consumer can do? I will publish the names of the people who are involved so that others will be cautious when dealing with Abans and their products. As a consumer I have a right to let the others know.
    Abans take responsibility for your mistakes. Consumers report to the Consumer Authority.

Caregiver for Elderly
    Colombo 4

Chanaka Liyanage Nuwan Mar 15, 2016

Dear Sir

I bought a LG mobile phone from DARSHANA ENTERPRISES at Galle, on 16.05.2015, but due to break down I hand it over to the head office mobile phone repair unit they told me my one year warrnty is expired, My job number is OLG/OHOSC/[protected], I hand over the purchase invoice as well, tried to contact over the phone but stilll did n't get any feed back.
    could you please look in to this.

sarath spk May 11, 2016

very bad service

Sarath Premakumara

• Di
    Dimuthu May 18, 2016

This is about a very Bad service that I have experienced in your Wadduwa outlet.

I m a professional Accountant and work for recognized Bank in Sri Lanka. On May 18th I went to Wadduwa outlet to purchase a Iron for my personal use. From the item which I have selected, only the display item is there to purchase. In the first instance I said, I need a new one from the stock and one sales person said me that They don`t haven't one. Then suddenly Manger of the Outlet (surely I know he is the Manager because I purchased a laptop from the same outlet few years ago) said me that If your not ok don't take. That also not a polite manner. Then I requested a quotation for a 42 inch smart LG television, Then he said, if you really want a quotation get a request letter from the Bank, then he will decide to issue a quotation or not. This is the first instance in my life a company request a letter to offer a quotation..
    I don't know is this the service standard that you have??? I wont go back to any abans outlet again.

• Ha
    Harshi Tis May 20, 2016

Abans Service center at Colombo 06 is the worst service center I ever met. We handed over the vacuum cleaner for a service and to replace a part. They accept the unit and informed that the service will be done and since parts are not available with them, promised to call us when the parts are being received. They provided us with a service sheet that had details of another customer and and when we notified the same it our details were written by hand. We didn't get any call even after 3 weeks therefore we called and then they said that parts are not available for the model.
    I guess it shows the level of their customer service and terrible after sales service.
    Best thing is that when we went to collect the unit they have not even serviced it as they promised.
    It means that they are not capable of handling tiny things for the units they sell therefore we will refrain from buying or recommending Abans products or services as there are lot of good competitive products in the market now.
    I also see that lot of customers say the same. It is pathetic.

• Up
    Upul Perera Jun 16, 2016

Abans Service is awful and cannot depend at all.
    My Washing machines is just lying at home expecting Abans so called excellent service people from Negombo to come and replace the part. I have paid for the part on May 14th (over a month) but no one from Abans ever spoke or attended. When I informed they confirmed the receipt of the payment, but clueless on what to do next. Since then I could not reach them as their phone is either busy or disconnected. Same with the Abans main service hotline. I continuously tried from 5pm today but nobody picked up the line (ringing - no answer). Closing time is 6pm. It seems that even Abans top management is not interested in after sales service. Buy Abans as the LG brand is good but look for service from some street repairer. They will do a better. My Job No: NOLGWM281115F005

• Ga
    Gamage Sep 08, 2016

This is regarding on Abans Services and Products. I brought a RICE Cooker under the brand name of Abans at Galle Sea side Showroom on last week(2016.08...). The first time cooked rice was toasted and it's auto-off function not working(nonstop heating continuously). Then, I informed and give it for showroom service. The toasted nonstick container was scratched very badly and it was return to me with the supervision of the Galle, showroom manager. He mentioned that it was checked and ok for the rice cooking.
    The second time cooked rice after the service was also toasted like earlier and when i ask for refund my money, He refused it. Here, the Abans Product is worst and their service is bad with customer feedback. I have paid for that Abans rice cooker and currently, they take it for service with mentioning to return the same cooker after service. Then i called to their service center before one week ago but their is no any response from the showroom and service center.
    Dear friends,
    So please keep in mind when you buy Abans products and services you have to faced these issues.

• Hi
    Hinterhuglhapfinger Jan 11, 2017

I'am a resident foreigner since 20 years and have bought many items from Abans, like 3 fridge, 2 TV, 2 washmachines, as well as several other things. Each time if it comes to a breakdown I have to beg, threaten or whatsoever to get the work done. The replacement of a light switch in my fridge took 2 months, for example.
    This is due to the absence of a good customer service, lack of technicians and no representation in the Beruwela area. I have bought items from Damro and the service is great. They come with the parts and just fix it. I can only recommend everyone to forget about Abans and buy from Damro.

• Br
    Brett Davies Jan 28, 2017

After more than one month of requests to come to repair a fridge and despite numerous promises there has been nothing. Unbelievably bad service by Abans. Its 2017!!! Man landed on the moon almost 50 years ago - and yet now a major company can't even service a fridge. The fridge has now not worked for 1 month! I would be ashamed if i worked for a company that operated like this. And its not really the untrained staff that are all at fault - but, rather the management that should know better and do nothing. Abans management (if you could even call it that) are probably all sitting in a room, far away from the stores and service centers without a clue of what is reality for the company. Or if they do know (and that is a distinct probability) then its even worse. Shameful

• La
    Lakmal Feb 07, 2017

I am a Civil Engineer and I make this complain as a professional. I bought TV for my elder mother and father who is living at home in Matara and I faced this situation after the purchased.

I have purchased (70, 000/=) ABANS TV ( LG-32'' LED SMART TV ) under the model no of 32LN571B with two year comprehensive Warranty. The TV break down just finished the warranty period. I contacted Abans service centre and they informed it can repair but, I have to pay for the repair. So I handed over to repair the TV on 12th September 2016.

I called several times Abans Service Centre after the handed over and they informed me BACK LIGHT WAS NOT WORKING and it should be replaced. I informed to do the repair. After that; there is no any call which is passing 1, 2, 3, 4 months. When I questioned; they informed still under repair and when it complete call back me. But still (06.02.2017) there is no any call, therefore I again call and check the situation. The lady, sadamali answer the phone and she informed me to pay Rs. 14, 727.50 to start the repair. I questioned that now you are passing 05 months after handed over the TV and why you are informed me now. So I contact manager (Service call center) KUSHI regarding the this complain. She told me they were send email on 13th September 2016 but I didn't received it. I ask why are u did not contact up to now? However she told me deposit Rs. 10, 000/= to commence the repair and she will call back me regarding the situation after 10 minutes. It take 05 months to inform me to pay the advanced payment for the repair and just I received the massage I pay 10, 000 (07. 02. 2017) for ABANS account “[protected]" of sampath bank. So up to now, they did not contact me at least ONCE regarding this, from 12th September 2016 up to now without my inquiries.

Today 07th February 2017, i try to contact the KUSHI several times but she not come to my call and call center lady informed me she is too busy and she will call back me shortly. But i am waiting for her call during more than 36 hours after i pay the money. But still she not contacts me.

So, It is informed that DO NOT PURCHASED ABANS ELECTRICAL ITEMS AND ABANS ELECTRICAL ITEMS ARE NOT WORKING AFTER THE COMPLETION OF WARRANTY PERIOD.

SO THEY MAINTAIN VERY POOR SERVICE FACILITY IF WE PAY FOR ANY REPAIR. YOU WILL LOST YOUR TIME AND MONEY BOTH IF YOU PURCHASED ABANS ELECRICAL ITEM.

Please refer Abans service depot- job no: MOLGTV120916W006
    I AM ;, DAHANAYAKE P.L (CIVIL ENGINEER)

manikd Jun 10, 2017

Abans service is the worst service I have come across. They are unprofessional and dont care a damn about the promise they give. I have complaint about a washing machine issue and a technician was suppose to come last Saturday, never came after many calls they promised to come the next Saturday and dint turn up. i have called their hotline [protected] dozens of times and spoken to many agents and also a manager (that's what they said) but still no one even visited after 8 days of waiting. Job ref: HOLGWM020617F036

I heard that Singer was giving a good service to their customers. I will never buy ABANS products anymore, this will be my last. Never will I recommend any of ABANS products to my friends either.

• We bought goods worth five hundred thousand Sri Lanka rupees which includes refrigerator, washing machine, blender etc. my blender blow out in 5 days. Just to let you know that it's an ABANS brand Blender. Even though we have warranty, they wanted to repair it. Fine we agreed and took about a week to repair with the attitude of those service staff at the Wellawatta Service department. Few days past and it blew up again. Took it back, they still won't give me a new one. They only repair them. Now after 3 months, it's gone again. I don't want to take it ABANS or their stupid service department. I am simply going to trash it but never ever will bye anything from ABANS again or I will let everyone I know not to buy from ABANS. Indika Prabath Samarawickrama.

Janice Hakel-Ranasinghe Jamaldeen Jul 03, 2017

Aweful Aweful service and absolutely don't care attitude of the aftersale service department! Still unsolved 2AC issues since 9th June 2017.
    Someone called udaya promised to have he's manager call back and sort a temperary replacement ac, but nothing still.

Janice Hakel-Ranasinghe [protected]...

• Ac
    Achini Nov 17, 2017

Hi, I am very sad to inform that I also had a bad experience on after service for the washing machine which was broken 2 weeks earlier. Abans Headoffice and Gampaha branch informed that they will arrive to our house within 3 working days and complaint number is SOLGWM041117F007. But until today no one has arrived to repair that. By reading all these complaints I have understood that Abans after service is very bad and should not buy Abans products. Other readers also I would like to recommend Damro products and their after service is highly appreciable

Achini Nanayakkara

• Ka
    Kasun Nov 28, 2017

I have bought many types of equipment from abans. LG tv mother board has gone after the warranty period. and LG monitor is not working.
    I have bought HP laptop from abans(Avissawella abans showroom, Sri Lanka). I couldn't use it much. but after 3 months my laptop is dead. I bought it to do some urgent projects. But they told that it will take 3 weeks to fix. I called many times. but they have no any customer service which cares about customers. I asked for a replacement. but they abscond from their responsibilities. My advice is don't trust this bad company. today I am helpless because I trusted this. I paid rs 80000 cash but now all the works are pending. With the laptop, I bought 3 in one printer etc. Because within this month I have to finish a big project. The company only care about money not for their customers. I won't go back to any abans outlet again.

Kasun - [protected]

• Th
    Tharanga Jul 17, 2018

I have been a customer of Abans for many years and brought a Hoover dish washer one year back.The unit started to continuously drain and informed the service center who said they will send a technician within 48 hours and finally arrived after 8 days after calling daily.The dishwasher was inspected and I was informed that the unit should be serviced as the water inlet was clogged and took the unit the following day.On a casual inquiry after one week they said it was been tested and when I called again after 10 days they said the unit Cannot be repaired.I clearly told them that ABANS are the agents for Hoover in Sri Lanka and you cannot say the unit cannot be repaired after 13 months, got a CEO involved and told them they have to get it done somehow and if not I will go viral.Still awaiting response and DO NOT BUY anything from ABANS as you will not have any after sales service and the comfort of them being the agents .Abans does not have any reliability or responsibility.They should learn from DAMRO who provide outstanding after sales service and customer satisfaction

Saroj Samarajiwa Dec 25, 2018

We bought three A/Cs . One has not been working from the date it was installed. We have requested a replacement but they keep trying to fix the A/C. The problem started during the warranty period but Abans will never replace the faulty products. Instead they keep sending technicians. We have had four crews of technicians coming to check it out. The final one was where they took the entire unit to their workshop. As expected, they said that it needs gas in spite of telling them that the gas leaks. I was made to pay Rs. 3, 700 for the gas. The A/C cooled just for one day. I went to their service centre in Wellawatta only to be told to go to Ratmalana as the service was done by them. There don't seem to be a computer system where they can call up the fault log. Neither did they attempt to call Ratmalana to get an idea as to what the issue is. I felt that I had visited one of the urban councils. Probho at the Service Call centre is helpful. But that is where it starts and ends. ABANS - YOUR SERVICE SUCKS.

• Di
    dinusha de silva Feb 29, 2020

I v bought a fridge from abans homagama and during the first few months it makes a big noise then I completed and the company has repaired it thrice .but the sound is still thee again I completed but no response for about 6 months please help me

Channaka Aug 14, 2020

I have handed over Home theater for repair on 12th June to Service department . They have send the quotation on 18th July and paid on 24th July. To day is 14th August but still unit is not ready. Up to now this repair I have given at least 50 calls.
    Is this the service you are giving to the customers ?????