Complaints & Reviews

DON&T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY

THE WORST customer experience I have ever had in my entire life. This guy is a flat out criminal. The terms and conditions are as unfriendly to the customer as they can possibly be.
I ordered a headlight for my Audi and, after not receiving it the day it was supposed to arrive via UPS, I called UPS. They had record of a shipping ticket being created but never received the part from 4- Auto Parts. I called and Charles, who was apparently busy, asked if he could call me back in a few minutes and never did. 4 days later I called again and he said " we'll have to give it a few more days to see if it turns up." At that point I decided to do something I should have done initially - look 4- Auto Parts up on Google reviews etc. When i saw the horror stories i immediately called American Express and disputed the charges. 4- Auto Parts fought the dispute, and in the process FORGED my initials on each and every paragraph of their terms and conditions ( which I never initialed because I thought the terms were ridiculous). T
The part arrived eventually and, when I brought it to my Audi dealer to install, they told me it was broken and would not work. 4 - Auto Parts refuses to accept responsibility for the part and will not issue either a replacement or a refund.
Unless you are extremely bored and are looking for something to do, or you do not have enough aggravation or stress in your life - DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH 4 - Auto Parts or Charles Moore in Kansas City, Missouri.

Acted in Bad Faith During Transaction

4Auto Parts LLC in Kansas acted in bad faith. After buying a used headlight from me, he claimed it was not as described via PayPal, got a refund AND will not return the headlight!??! BTW - we described the damage specifically and had proof! Very dishonest person.

Charles Moore, owner of 4Auto Parts LLC bought a used Mercedes headlight we had for sale ($499.00). The headlight had a crack in the mounting tab. We specifically described the damage over the phone.
Charlie responded by saying he repairs this sort of damage often. His first counteroffer was for 150.00-200.00 (he mentioned using the headlight for its parts). We refused the offer. After negotiations, we agreed to accept an offer of $400.00, which was 100.00 less than our original asking price.
He should have reasonably expected the damage we specifically mentioned and it should have not presented an unfair surprise. We adhered to the agreement of the contract and the reasonable expectations of the other party.

Moore needed the headlight urgently. He paid 400.00 via PayPal on August 5, 2011. Within a few hours, we sent the headlight via UPS and paid for packaging (20.00).
In the meantime, we exchanged emails and calls because we have other used parts and Moore was interested. Why would we keep in contact with him if we acted on bad faith or with an intent to defraud?

On August 10, 2011:
Moore sent us an email confirming receipt of the headlight.

On August 18, 2011:
Moore sent us an email saying the mounting tab was cracked, therefore the headlight had damage.

On August 19, 2011:
I sent him an email, and we called via phone

On August 22nd, 2011:
Moore contacted the resolution center via PayPa claiming that the "item they received did not match the original
description."

On August 23, 2011:
Moore escalated the claim to a PayPal claim.

We did not misrepresent this material fact, and we have suspicion that Auto Parts tried to sell the part to someone, could not and therefore they are trying to return it by claiming fraud and abusing the Paypal buyer protection right.

We were honest and acted from good faith. There was no breach of contract on our part.

In conclusion, Moore got his 400.00 back AND did not return the headlight?!!?!

4Auto Parts LLC has had numerous complaints of customers filed at Complaints Boards describing them as "rude, mean and totally dishonest" refusing to refund money and it is not in their policy to refund despite acting in bad faith

Customer Complaints:

****If you need paper trails, phone statements, etc, please do not hesitate to ask and we will send them immediately.****

Wrong/Bad Parts, refuses credit

Ordered a single part months ago and have yet to receive a working part after 5 attempts! All I needed was a...

Bad service, refuse refund

1. Order part, and they send it to wrong place, took over 14 days to get here.

2. Poor packaging (possible damage when shipping).

3. Took it to a dealer, so they can replace radio, radio worked, CD player doesn't work.

I payed $48 for service(taking original radio off, and installing new one, then installing the old one back).

4. Called business and they won't refund me. Told them would you be willing to pay for the $48, that service will cost me. They refuse.

5. They were rude, telling me I been on the phone for 10 minutes wasting there time, he has to go.

• Wi
    William Peissig Jul 16, 2008

Paid $195 for 94 Lex. headlamp. Though part had to have been damaged prior to removal from wrecked vehicle, they sold it as being in perfect condition. They refuse to acknowledge that the part could have been damaged when 4-AutoParts sent it. The parts that were broken off were not in the shipping container so that excuse is not valid. I've never been treated so rudely as by their phone representative.

It cost me an additional $35.75 to return the damaged merchandise. 4-AutoParts refuses to stand behind their merchandise. It cost me $23o.75 to learn that this company cannot be trusted.

Since the damage was not easily recognized, they may not have known it was damaged when it was sent but their attitude about accepting blame is unacceptable.

• Ri
    richard grasso Nov 06, 2008

I BOUGHT AN INFORMATION CENTER FROM THEM. IN A MOUTH AND A HALF IN WENT BAD. I CALLED CHARLIE AND HE TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR ANOTHER ONE.HE WAS VERY RUDE.

Andy S Jun 25, 2009

Ordered a factory radio w/ cd player for an Infinti. Rec'd first in timely manner, however radio worked Cd player did not. Finally got them to send a second one...same thing. Had to have third one sent and it to was defective. I have now spent over $125 additional for return shipping and installation (since I do not know how to do install) and still do not have a working radio with cd player. When returning the first two radios, I had to ship them to Wisconsin and Texas, NOT Kansas which is where they are located. 4-Auto is working as a middle man and cannot guarantee the parts are accurate and working. I would stongly suggest avoiding doing business with these people.

• Ke
    Keith Rieken Jul 14, 2009

I ordered a part Steering column specifically to fit a 1982 VW Rabbit. I stated this on the order form. When I received the part it was for a 1980 VW Rabbit. Not what I ordered. I returned the part and they refused to return my money and the credit card company (Capital One) side with them. So I am out the part and the money. Their customer service is terrible and they told me I was out the money. $-Auto Parts needs to be put out of business as they are dealing frauduently and are a bunch of thieves.

• Mi
    mizman Sep 28, 2009

I ordered a mirror for a 1998 C230 MB. When I opened the box it was in pieces. I called up and they shipped me another one. That one was broken also. When I called to get a refund, Charles, who is the owner told me I don't know what I'm doing and that I broke it! I was livid! I called the place that shipped the part (which was in NY) and the guy told me the mirror was for an E-Class so it wouldn't have fit anyway. I call back 4-autoparts and spoke to Charles again, explaining it wasn't the right mirror anyway. He said he didn't care and he wasn't going to give me my money back. He charged me $203.00! DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY!!! HE IS A PIECE OF S##@!

• St
    stang89 Jun 08, 2010

Ordered a headlight and they sent it to the wrong address. The headlight turned out to be broken once I finally got it, but since they sent it to the wrong address they said I didn't notify them within in 3 days. Turned out to be $343 dollars wasted. Do not do business with Charles Moore or 4-auto parts!

• charles.chuck.moore Mar 13, 2012

This is Charles Moore of 4-Auto Parts LLC and I would like to respond to these false reviews. Every item I sale, I stand behind even if it comes from a different supplier. Each one of these customers signed and agreed to our Terms & Conditions prior to purchase which clearly states;

*4-AUTO PARTS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CUSTOMER'S ERROR IN ORDERING. IT IS THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW WHAT HE OR SHE IS PURCHASING!

*4-AUTO PARTS HAVE A NO REFUND-EXCHANGE ONLY RETURN POLICY. IF A REPLACEMENT IS NOT AVAILABLE A REFUND WILL BE ISSUED. 4-AUTO PARTS HAVE A 30-DAY REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE ON OUR PARTS. 4-AUTO PARTS EXTEND NO WARRANTY TOWARDS THE APPEARANCE OF ANY PARTS. ALL PARTS ARE "USED" UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED!

*NO REFUND ON SHIPPING CHARGES. THE CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT IF FOR ANY REASON HE OR SHE REFUSES THIS PURCHASE, THE FREIGHT CHARGES WILL BE CHARGED TO THEIR CREDIT CARD. THE BUYER ALSO UNDERSTANDS THAT THEY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING THE 25% RESTOCKING CHARGE OF THE PRICE OF THE PURCHASE. 4-AUTO PARTS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SHIPPING CHARGES. ANY SHIPPING CHARGES INCURRED ARE THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY. 4-AUTO PARTS EXTENDS NO GUARANTEE ON ANY SHIPPING TIME OR "DELAYED DELIVERY" OF ANY PART ORDERED.

*THERE ARE NO REFUNDS ON SPECIAL ORDERED PARTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE COLOR MATCHING ON ANY BODY OR INTERIOR PART. ALL BODY PARTS ARE SOLD AS IS.

*THE BUYER UNDERSTAND THAT ANY CLAIM ON DEFECTIVE OR INCORRECT PART MUST BE MADE TO 4-AUTO PARTS WITHIN THE 3 DAYS OF RECEIVING THE PART AND THE PART HAS TO BE RETURNED WITHIN 10 DAYS OF RECEIVING IT. THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING IS REQUIRED FOR ALL RETURNS. THE WARRANTY WILL BE VOIDED IF NOT DONE SO. ALL RETURNS MUST HAVE A "RMA" RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION # ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX ARE ELSE IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

*4-AUTO PARTS WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST ITEM AFTER IT HAS BEEN DELIVERED TO THE CUSTOMER'S REQUESTED SHIPPING ADDRESS. SIGNATURE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED. BY AGREEING TO THE PURCHASE, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION UPON DELIVERY AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOST ITEMS. ALL SHIPMENTS ARE INSURED, AND MUST BE DEALT WITH THUR THE INSURED SHIPPING COMPANY.

*4-AUTO PARTS WILL NOT WARRANTY ANY ELECTRICAL ITEM WITHOUT RECEIVING THE ORGINAL DEFECTIVE CUSTOMER'S PART RETURNED WITH OUR PART! ELECTRICAL PARTS ARE EXCHANGE ONLY! ALL RADIOS AND AUDIO EQUIPMENT IS ONLY GUARANTEED TO BE NOT DEAD ON ARRIVAL. ANY PART THAT HAS BEEN ALTERED OR TAMPERED WITH WILL VOID WARRANTY AND REPLACEMENT.

*4-AUTO PARTS DOES NOT GUARANTEE, NOR WARRANTY ANY CUSTOMIZING OR UPGRADING OF ANY PART WHICH WAS NOT INTENDED FOR THE VEHICLE WHICH IT CAME FROM.

It's a shame that I have to have this policy, but in order to protect myself from crooks and scammers, it has to be done. It's no different from any other contract a person would sign in any business dealing. No one forced anyone of these people sign and agree to our policy, they did so of their on free will and once they received their item, then don't remember this policy whatsoever. We do not sell "New" parts, they are all "Used" and may arrive with a defect, which we give a 30 day warranty towards, not a month and a half, but only a 30 day warranty! If somethings arrives broken or defective, I have no problem issuing a replacement as long as it is returned to us, if a replacement isn't available a refund will be issued. I will not issue any refund while the customer still has it in their possession. These people that posted these false reviews are petty people who thought they could order a part over the Internet and once they received it, claimed it was defective and be able to keep it and when we refused to issue a refund, they all thought that they could go to their credit card and file a dispute and assumed their bank would help them with their dishonest scam. Which their bank did not! Most companies are too lazy to respond to disputes, but I am not! I will respond to every dispute that comes my way because I strongly believe in Karma and I haven't been in business all these years by trying to get over on someone for some little money! The credit card companies that side with me and pretty much all do, do so because I provide adequate proof of the sale and the cardholder didn't follow the terms when it came to returning the item for a replacement or refund. It makes no sense to me that why would customer want to keep a defective item and not return it for a replacement or refund and would rather try and keep it and file a dispute. It takes more time to file a dispute than it would take to just return the item. I will suggest to all future customers who has any dishonest or deceptive ways from purchasing from us, to just avoid 4-Auto Parts LLC. I will pretty much guarantee you will not get away with it and you'll just end up upset like the rest of these petty crooks! There's petty thieves everywhere and more over the Internet because they can hide their selves. People that reads these false reviews show take each one with a grain of salt!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices