24 Hour Fitnessunauthorized charges

H

I faxed in my cancellation to 24 hour fitness in Dec of 06 after 1 year with the club. My cancellation was due to the fact that I had left the state and moved to a state where 24 hour fitness wasn't available. I called the company in January and they said they hadn't received my fax. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she told me my account was canceled and that a check was on its way. I called again in March and they tried canceling it on Mar 26. I told them I had proof of a fax in Dec and they said 'sorry it's already canceled.' I'm currently waiting for a call back from their 'supervisors.'

This company is going to scam you out of your money 24$ at a time. Don't sign up unless you are paying monthly. Don't pay them large chunks of money for long term memberships, because you won't see it back for months, and by the time you do it will be 10% less than expected.

• Gl
    gloandjoe Jan 04, 2010

I also had unauthorized charges debited. Can someone tell me what the corporate number is to make the complaint. I asked the manager and he told me it is on the website??? I can not find it or a complaint section.
    Gloria

• Om
    omm Apr 10, 2008

u have the same problem the svc reps are liar the tell its been take care of .. and u get bill i havent been able to cancel my membership with 24hr for over 6month its RIDICULOUS ** STAY AWAY FROM ANY 24HR FITNESS ****

• Do
    Donna LaFevers Sep 06, 2007

After my previous complaint (see 8/21/07) against the Ft Worth TX 24 Hr Fitness I was told by management that I would not be charged for not giving 30 days notice before leaving and that I would be reimbursed for the month of August since I was threatened with having my membership revoked and could not use the gym for August and had to go somewhere else and pay for a membership. Of course they are not only accusing and rude without reason... they are also dishonest and charged my account anyway. I tried to get something in writing from them but that was not possible and getting a hold of someone at corporate is also impossible. Basically they ripped me off and that money was way more important than my longtime membership and all of the good advertising that I had given them as a figure competitor.