The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved 24 Hour Fitness — terrible company
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
My husband and I signed up for gym membership at the Pearland 24-Hour Fitness Shaq. After a few months we realized we were not getting use out of membership, especially since I did NOT like the yoga classes. I canceled membership several days before the automatic withdrawal, but payment was taken out anyway. I called them again, and I was told that I had to cancel 30 days before the automatic withdrawal. They told me to read the contract.
However! According to the contract, members pay the first and last month's membership upon signing up. If my last 30 days is already paid for, then shouldn't that count toward my 30 days notice? Or is it reasonable that I pay for 60 days worth of gym time after canceling membership?!
We got busy and thought we might write the $70 off, but the very next month (this March 2017) we were charged $70 again! My husband called corporate, and they promised to reverse February's payment within 5-7 days, and they told us that the pending $70 would not go through. The payment has now gone through and my husband is going to be calling them again.
SCAM. This is one big scam to squeeze a few extra dollars out of people who they will probably never see again. This has been such a headache, I am sure they depend on people giving up. Shame on your company. I will also be writing the Better Business Bureau.
More 24 Hour Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- 24 Hour Fitness - dues increase???
- 24 Hour Fitness - poor members treatment!
- 24 Hour Fitness - fraud class action suit
- 24 Hour Fitness - consumer fraud
- 24 Hour Fitness - unprofessional behaviour!
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - no wireless accessibility...
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - kids club
- 24 Hour Fitness USA - hard sales tactics
- 24 Hour Fitness - poor service!
- 24 Hour Fitness - wrongfully billed