Zoo PrintingI will never use zoo printing again!

Zoo Printing
www.zooprinting.com

Placed 7 orders for business cards. Their site promises 1-2 day turn around. Business Card Orders have taken up to 15 days.

1. They do not return e-mail inquiries or inquiries sent via their web site

2. They have extremely unprofessional/condescending customer service representatives

I called in and spoke with Ronnie who was not able to help me determine the status of my order, so he transferred me to someone's voice mail. I called in again and spoke with Aaron who, in the middle of our conversation (2 minutes in) told me to hold so that he didn't miss another caller - WOW! He finally helped me with the issue after another 15 minuted on the line. They never received the files I sent.

I told him that I sent the files and got a confirmation e-mail. I asked why no one had contacted me in 4 days to let me know the delay - so that I could manage issues in the future. He has no answer and I ask to speak to a manager to help me learn the process. He transfers me to Carlos the Customer Service Manager to leave a message on voice mail. I have decided never to use them, so I don't leave a message.

Carlos CALLS ME BACK on his own and off the bat, tells me that I am a sub-standard customer of theirs and the orders I placed were not of a high enough financial value, and to stop using their services! QUOTE from Carlos: "You're ordering $15.00 business cards and want to call and complain?" "We're a multi-million dollar company and we don't need your business".

I will never use Zoo Printing again.

Jonathan Feder Apr 13, 2017

What do expect for $15? $15 will cover about 15 minutes of what these people get paid an hour not to even mention the paper and printing. I have been using zooprinting for 8 plus years. In general I have been very satisfied with your service. 99% of the time i never have to speak to anyone and everything goes excellent. Recently though they have had some issues with turnaround and issues with their site but not enough to make look for another vendor.

• Fr
    Freddyboy Apr 07, 2016

I noticed on this thread that the posts start at 2008 and as the years go by the complaints continue to go down and the compliments continue to rise. Zoo Printing must be either getting better at what they do or they have new management running the show.

chopper18 Feb 12, 2016

Does anyone know if Zoo has the ability to print a union label (bug) on buttons? I do not care which location does the printing. Thanks

• Ti
    Timothy Akers Jan 28, 2015

I would like to know who else you guys have used for trade to print printers.

miketealdesign.com Nov 08, 2014

I order approx. $1, 000 a month in printing with Zoo, not the highest caliber customer of theirs, but I will say their customer service has been very helpful every time I call, and have promptly corrected any print issues that I have had. Print shops will make errors, it's the nature of the biz. The thing that I rate Zoo on is how fast they have corrected any errors (which have only been like 2-3 in my years as a customer) in order for me to satisfy my clients, and offering discount vouchers on future orders.

• Ne
    Neil in West Jersey Nov 05, 2014

I'm a regular customer of Zoo Printing and have moved nearly all of my business to them. We move more than 100K pieces of printed material each month and I have never had and issue go unresolved. Their customer service reps are top notch and always get back to me within a few hours. I have saved thousands of dollars this year because of their superior service.
    The complaints about business cards are from people who have no business using a trade printer. They open false accounts, which eventually get caught by the managers at Zoo. I was recently told by a locally owned tree services that he buys his postcards and business cards directly from Zoo. This is an example of people who have NO BUSINESS USING A TRADE PRINTER. It ties up Zoo's resources and causes delays in my turnaround time. Do yourself a favor. If you're only looking to order business cards, take your business to Vistaprint or PIP so you don't tie up my direct mail business!

• Ge
    GESKEW Aug 26, 2014

You can contact 48hourprint.com - they were nice and they do excellent work. They sent me a sample packet that was wonderful! The closest to LA area is Arizona. I know it sounds far but you can get a break on the shipping and they work with you on all that.
    You get e-mail alerts and sales and communication. Just someone else to check out.

• Ge
    GESKEW Aug 26, 2014

Ok...we are a printing company that uses ZOO on occasion and so far we have had no complaints. The product is good enough to call it our own and the price affords some profit while still giving our customer a bargain. Being in print many years I can tell you that some orders are difficult especially coming from customers who understand what they want, but not how it's done. We are a relationship based company, and we like to ask a lot of questions. ZOO is fast and furious. Now..what disturbed me the MOST were the comments regarding Carlos the Customer Service Manager. That is unacceptable at any level. If the Manager is acting out with disregard the employees will follow. If you want to change the result they may need to change the manager. They have a good concept, provide a good service with a great product, but without customer service all of that could go away. In this economy we are all looking for the bargain, but we don't have to put up with bad service to get it. Your competitor will capitalize on your company's weakness with service and win. Carlos and his team need to be trained properly, given a chance, monitored and weeded out. ZOO cannot afford him, and they cannot overlook complaints like I have just read! This should be Carlos's review!

• Cs
    CSOscreenline Oct 17, 2012

Zoo Printing is a wholesale printing company, which gracefully accepts accounts WITHOUT CUSTOMER AUTHENTICATION. The result for us that we pay sales tax up front, at our discretion. Their quality of service, products, and expanding options are superb. As a small screen print company, Zoo offers many products that fulfill our customers need.

WholesalePromo Jul 20, 2012

I have been in the branding/marketing field for 15 years and it irritates me as a business owner to read about such situations. I work with commitment and integrity and treat everyone’s budget and company like I would want mine treated.
    Sally Nelson
    www.peerlesspromotions.net

• Am
    amurillo May 08, 2012

ZOO PRINTING AND THEIR REPRESENTATIVES ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS. I signed up for their BRANDED WEBSITE ON 5/11. They guaranteed us they would have their whole template and design center set up as late as the end of July. Never happened. When we inquired about a sudden price drop on their branded website from $500 to $300 we were told they could not gives us money back but they could renew for the coming year renewal. We then asked them about the templates and they basically said that they take to long and that they would not be available till the end of the year. NEVER happened! We are now coming up for renewal in May and i got a stupid call from one of their branded website reps and was asked about renewal. I mentioned to them that i would not renew considering their previous history on making promises they can keep. I forwarded my complaint to the customer service rep and he basically forwarded me to Shannon Smith a representative that worked with Partner Printing and was one of the reasons for me not doing business with that company. We requested for them to give us a free renewal or money back on the website that gave us $0 money back and cost us $1200 in total fees after authorize.net a non-optional merchant we had to use, has taken their $60 / month for not having any business through our website. Instead we were offered $200 off and was offered a $300 website, the price that originally was being offered after we had paid the initial $500. I originally signed up for the branded website in hopes that i would be able to focus my small company's energy on marketing and not on designing for our clients. We understand that our client from time to time will have custom design work, but giving the opportunity they would rather use a system that requires no direct interaction with a rep. Sort of like vista print. Not to mention that if we were able to focus our time on just marketing the website we would be able to generate so many customers that it would bring the cost of products to a level that would compete with such companies as Vista, but with much better quality. It never happened. Lesson learned and we are now in the process of filing small claims law suit against ZOO Printing for their neglect and inability to comply with a simple request. Which may stem from their now hired customer sales representative manager. These companies have no clue what customer service really means and is up to us as consumers to finally put a stop to them and avoid having to deal with such incompetence.

• Dr
    Dr Jimmy Jun 02, 2011

We now get all Next Day Local Delivery orders in your hands one day sooner. Next Day Will Call orders will now be ready by 10:00 a.m. instead of by 4:00 p.m. That's right, Local Deliveries 24 hours faster and best of all it's still free. Beginning May 27, 2011 our new policy is:

1.) No Proof Run As Is:

Files must be uploaded before 9:00 a.m. PST for Blue Zone or 9:00 a.m. EST for Red Zone. Delivery orders will be sent out the following business day and Will Call orders will be available for pick up after 10 a.m. local time.

Example: Files uploaded before 9:00 a.m. Monday morning for Local Delivery will be there on Tuesday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Will Call items will be available for pick up Tuesday after 10:00 a.m.

2.) Next Day Order With Online PDF Proof:

Files must be uploaded before 9:00 a.m. PST for Blue Zone or 9:00 a.m. EST for Red Zone. Online proofs must be approved before 10:00 a.m. PST for Blue Zone or 10:00 a.m. EST for Red Zone.

Example: Files uploaded before 9:00 a.m. Monday morning for Will Call and approved by 10:00 a.m. will be waiting for you in our Will Call area by 10:00 a.m. Tuesday.

If you have any questions please visit www.zooprinting.com or give us a call and one of our helpful customer service representatives will be happy to assist you.

• Ji
    jim6051tiger Jun 11, 2010

I have never seen a company with such horrible customer service. Almost impossible to get anyone to call back. No way I'll renew my contract.
    My advice, don't waste your time or money doing business with them!

• Do
    donnie321 Nov 23, 2009

Zoo has the worst employees I've ever had to deal with. If you can actually get someone on the phone, chances are they won't be of any help. I guess low prices means ### service.

whyJoe Nov 13, 2009

Oh and hey Peter, how close to the edge of the card did you put your customer's name? lol.

whyJoe Nov 13, 2009

I'm a little suspicious of Reggie's review. I have NEVER, EVER been unable to reach Zoo's customer service as he describes (before he goes onto extol another printing company.) Sure, sometimes when I've spoken to a rep the reply was a little less than enthusiastically helpful, but customer service has always been reachable and basically competant. The prices on Zoo are incredible, and by the way, their options for a gang-run printer are astounding. Others that I've tried have much more limited sets. Zoo has lots of choices for paper type, coating, cutting, folding... not like you see elsewhere. It's also cool that they've been adding so much this year, including products like window perf, banners, etc. I recently ordered some window stickers (a little pricey I though, but still cheaper than the competition). The quality of the stock was good if the color accuracy wasn't. Their banner prices are really, really good and the only place I get banners from now.

My only gripe with them is that my East Coast clients have to deal with the shipping cost/delay. Zoo has been advertising an east coast shop as "coming 2009" since last year, and it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I was really excited about that.

• Bn
    BNDCo., Inc. Nov 12, 2009

I've been using Zooprinting.com for years and only had a few printing problems. That's not unusual for the volume I've sent their way. I probably get good service because my files are always clean and ready for printing. When issues arise, I've had phone calls from their service department double checking with me on potential errors, even catching a typo once. I highly recommend them, in part because of their online ordering/print management system and the quality of the printing.

• Dz
    DZ2003 Oct 16, 2009

I was using another company before switching to Zoo Printing and I started with small orders about $200 - $800 a week and found that their turnaround time is about what they claim. I have not had any problems with them, if I needed to change an order or ask a question about their products they are always available. Well we have been using them now for about 80% of all our orders.

Chad424 Sep 12, 2009

I've used Zoo printing before and I have to say I'm not a big fan of the quality or turnaround. Not the worst but definitely not among the best. I'm using psprint right now and can't complain. They do a better job than zoo printing.

• Se
    Sean Nelson Sep 03, 2009

I just placed a large order with Zoo (6, 000 pieces) for our organization (www.investinchildrenafricfa.org). This order required some TLC as I had a few custom cuts and things like that. From start to finish they were awesome!

I had an error which they fixed immediately. The customer service was great. Each time I had a question I was able to reach someone immediately and answer my questions. And on top of it all, the print quality was superb.

Maybe they had some disconnects in the past, but this has been one of the best experiences in working with a printer... especially one that isn't local.

• Hw
    H. Woodridge Jul 29, 2009

I"ve been using Zoo for a few months now and agree that their Customer Service lags. I've been patient giving them a try the last few months and hope that they improve. However, it seems it's only getting worst. Jobs are constantly delayed and customer services is horrible. I send them a lot of work, so I would expect they treat high end customers better. So if they treat me like this, I can only image how they treat those that order in smaller quantities. I am looking now to switch and take my business elsewhere. Can anyone recommend another whole seller who works with trade brokers in the L.A. area?

mike313 Jul 18, 2009

Most accurate comment is that zooprinting is a perfect name for the zoo business they run. You've been warned to avoid the headache.

mike313 Jul 18, 2009

I concur with the comments above. Zoo Printing is too unprofessional to be in business. They could care less if they mess up an order. The colors are way off although I follow the requirements to the dot, horrible customer service and you're lucky if you get your order a week late. I printed a couple business cards with them last year and kept giving them chances but I'm done dealing with them.

• Ia
    iamyou May 25, 2009

I work at a printer (none listed here) and alls I can say is - customers need to plan better when they place orders - ### happens, so don't give another company the chance to mess up your stuff by planning poorly and constantly doing things last minute. Just because a company offers 1 to 2 day turnaround - doesnt mean to place the order at the last possible minute before your event - your pretty much asking for trouble. Most of these companies handle thousands of orders a day, they are liable to mess up on occasion. - ALSO - read their FAQ and artwork requirements - sometimes when you place orders, your artwork isn't to spec - some of you "designers" dont know how to do stuff correctly, and have no print experience at all. You often times don't even add bleed, which is the simplest thing. Think about that before complaining about your late order, or why your artwork printed poorly or wrong. It's not always the company that screws up. If you procrastinate... it is you, and only you to blame - not the print company.
    Give yourselves a few extra days of leeway - plan for the worst. You'll be much better off.

• Re
    Reggie Byrum Apr 20, 2009

I am a regular customer - at least up until this point - and have always received a quality product from them. I've been very pleased with the overall look and quality, which in my case has been postcards, business cards and tri-fold brochures. And I have to say - their pricing is the absolute best I have found anywhere.

With that said, I have tried to contact Zoo through email and phone and I have NEVER received a response. I have to agree that Zoo customer service department absolutely sucks. I have emailed and tried to ask questions many times - and I have yet to receive one response from them. I tried calling their number on their web site and for some strange reason, I it will not go through - like it is a wrong number or something.

That is what prompted me to start a Google search and I found that mypostcardprinting.com, and psprint.com can compete with Zoo's pricing. Both offers reseller pricing as well, so you can take an additional 15% off the price if you have a reseller number. Pure Postcards are pretty good, a little higher than Zoo, but exceptional customer service.

Bottom line for me: Zoo is fine as far as quality and price. They absolutely STINK on customer service and turnaround time. Guess you get what you pay for.

Joe Z Apr 19, 2009

I have used Zoo Printing many times over the past couple of years, and have never had anything like the experience the complaint describes. Once or twice I needed to call with questions, and the CSR helpfulness varied from super helpful to mildly indifferent. I don't expect anything better from a gang-run printer! Heck, my mortgage company provides much worse customer service phone reps!

@Prinster: I was pleased to log on awhile ago to see that Zoo is discouraging non-trade clients. It makes me feel better about using them, knowing they are not competing againt me so hard. Also, non-trade clients are getting into a wolves den going directly to a gang-run printer that can't hold their hand, so it's responsible of Zoo to send them elsewhere.

• Pr
    Printster Apr 07, 2009

Print brokers should do some research and wise up a bit or you will not last long in this industry.

First, good clients are not all about price. Any customer that is interested in the cheapest price, will shop you every time. And if that is how you think you can get customers is by cheap prices, then think again. There is always someone that will do it for less. Find a printing company that is reliable, not cheap. You will never be able to handle the volume and make a decent living [censored] out the printing.

Second, do more research about the printing company you choose as your partner. Many of these "trade printers" that offer "lowest pricing" started as true trade printers, then when they figured out the internet a bit, decided to take the money from the profits of your orders and market direct to your customers with a tiny markup over your "trade pricing". You will never be able to compete against your trade printer. Most of these printers have multiple domain names competing against you. By giving them business, you are just feeding the fire to put you out of business.

Third, do more research about the printing company you choose as your partner. You answer to your client, not your "trade printer". If something goes wrong, you are responsible. I know plenty of brokers that went broke because of poor choices for their print providers.

Fourth, do more research about the printing company you choose as your partner. Your clients stay with you because of the relationship you have with them. Treat your printer like you would like your clients to treat you, and you will succeed.

Wise up. Quit complaining about $15 business cards. My clients don't care if they pay $20 or $120 for business cards. It's not worth the time to invoice your client and to talk to them on the phone if you are only making a few bucks on the order. You will never make real money running that type of business. And if you are relying on online printing solutions from your provider, such as Zoo Printing, then you better make sure that they are reliable, because in the end, you will be sitting in court when your customer looses big because you didn't come through on time and with sufficient quality for their event.

I have been in business for 20 years, and am still growing, even in this economy. I do multi-millions in printing sales, and never have problems that aren't solved quickly and properly for my customers. Yes, there will always be problems that arise. That is just the nature of printing. It's how you and your print partner handle the situation.

Good luck and be smart!

• Ga
    gangrunner Feb 08, 2009

As another competing print company, I can almost agree with Carlos's point, but not with their failure of delivery, over promises, or the tone of voice that they gave you.

Basically, $15 business cards are loss leaders to get people in the door. If Zoo was late in getting you the project, that is their fault and they deserve to be criticized; but, there becomes a time where the $15 business card customer who calls 15 times about quality of the cutting or colors or shipping and it pushes the threshold of tolerance to that customer.

The card essentially went on dead space on their run, so if the colors were bad, the pressman isn't worrying about your $15 business card, they are working on the pleasing color of the whole run.

It's a $15 business card! If the quality was bad, or the service was terrible, you're essentially getting what you paid for.

That's gangrun printing for ya!

There is a bunch of other gangrun trade printers to try. I'm not going to mention ours because I'm not spamming the complaint board.

michel Jan 28, 2009

I have had only great experiences with Zoo Printing. I love their super-friendly CSR's. And by the way, they actually won recognition by PIA or Printing Industries Association of America for their excellent customer service skills. Great job, Zoo Printing!

jackie Nov 14, 2008

HI, STACY! IF YOU ARE READING THIS, THAT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE SUCH A LOSER! YOU LIKE TO BLOG AND SPAM AND MAKE FALSE ALLEGATIONS BECAUSE YOU ARE A CRY-BABY! YOU HAVE ALSO SAID BAD THINGS ABOUT MY FRIEND'S RESTAURANTS.

STACY IS A BIG AND UGLY LOSER! STOP HIDING BEHIND THE COMPUTER AND LET'S SEE HOW USELESS AND POWERLESS YOU ARE!

Mike Sayegh Nov 08, 2008

Hello,
    I've had similar problem last week, they promised 2-3 days turnaround on my business cards, but I received my order 12 days later. Terrible customer service. I will never, never use Zoo Printing again.

Mike Sayegh

• In
    infok60 Nov 07, 2008

HAVE NOT USED THEM SOMEONE TOLD ME to use them and now i see this who do you reccomend???

• Pe
    Peter Goozman Nov 03, 2008

Hey there i have used zoo printing for a few months and i got this crazy ronnie roddie guy whatever his name is laughing and at me telling me i don't know how to design. i have been a designer for over 25 years and am very proficient in all adobe programs. Any ways this guy would absolutely refuse to reprint my job when they cut it incorrectly and my customers name was cut off. this was probably less then a month ago, since then, I have switched to 4over.com best customer service I've recieved so far from almost any printing company. they have pretty good prices and very very fast turnarounds. i have used vista print a few times and they enrolled me in some rewards program which took me 3 weeks to cancel, but eventually was able to. so far 4over has been good for me. any other suggestins let me know thanks

Peter Goozman

• St
    Stacy Nov 02, 2008

Worst printing company I've ever worked with. I desperately needed some business cards, and went with ZooPrinting because they had an ad in mac Magazine. I assumed they'd be a reputable company... no way, Jose.
    I was promised a 3 day delivery...2 1/2 weeks later, I could pick up my cards. And in that time, I probably called every day and was actually able to get a hold of something other than a voicemail, 3 times. One time, I spoke to "Ronnie" who couldn't help me much and wasn't being congenial in any way, so I asked to speak to a manager if possible. He laughed at me and sarcastically said, "sure, hold on". Well, after being on hold for 15 minutes, I realized that neither Ronnie, nor the manager, were coming back to the phone.
    I spoke to Ronnie on another occasion where he was also quite rude to me. And come to think of it, not one person wanted to deal with my phone calls. Anytime I'd ask about an order, they'd tell me that I had to look it up online first..once I'd tried that and failed, call back. I was also lied to about my order on several occasions. Ronnie said the pdf file was corrupted, but then "magically" it worked and their were no notes about it having any problems.

Ooooh, he makes me mad.

And WTF?! Seriously, that's bad business... and so, I'm writing this lovely little review on their company and staff.

If you're looking for a company that's cheap, fine.. but how about one that will return our phone calls, not lie to you or laugh in your face and will get you your prints on time?!

• Ju
    just sayin gal Oct 19, 2008

I'm so glad I read everyone's bad experience with ZooPrinting. I am in the process of finding an outsource printer for some of my large quantity print jobs and I do not have time to mess with rude sales people and delayed shipping. I will not be using them now thanks to your input!

• St
    Steve Oct 19, 2008

Zooprinting is a proper name for type of the service they offer

• Se
    Secret agent man Sep 19, 2008

Your all a bunch of wah wah babies. Welcome to the print world! If your design work kicks ### they'll all come back, even if it takes more turnaround days them promised (unless it's a dated event, then well look for a new profession, why do you think most designers are fat and balding? THE STRESS and it stinks!) Now live with it, wah wah. Us artist can be such jack-### right? Dznr the Wnr

• Ke
    Ken Smith Sep 18, 2008

No problem with qulitity but customer service is the worse I have ever experienced very unprofessional. I will never use them again there are too many good printers out there.

Anthony Garcia Sep 17, 2008

I have nothing but nice things to say about Zoo Printing. John was courteous and extremely helpful through the entire process of my order. In fact, he helped me out with some other issues i had with some artwork and went above and beyond what i had expected.

Zoo Printing has done absolutely nothing so far to have me state anything negative about them. So far my clients are happy and so am I !

• To
    Tony4x4 Aug 24, 2008

I totally agree with the original complaint and with the additional comments that have been made.

I was wanting to move my printing from the current printer I use, so I sent a small job to Zoo Printing zooprinting.com. The process was pretty smooth and the turnaround time was what was promised, but that is where it stopped.

When I received the order, the color of the print job between the front and back was terrible! The exact blue on the from of the card, was purple on the back of the card. I phoned their customer service and they said that there policy was to send 10 cards back to Customer Service, which I did.

Four days later, I get a phone call from Carlos to say he can see the problem BUT their company policy is for 25 cards to be sent back. Needless to say his arrogance and total lack of customer service ensured that I will never use Zoo Printing zooprinting.com EVER again. It was a total waste of money and time.

After this experiance it now makes sense why they are called Zoo Printing zooprinting.com.

Stay away!