Xperience DaysTerrible Customer Service/Unprofessional communications/ Misrepresentation

F

My Husband and I tired to use your service to go on a whale watching trip for our one year wedding anniversary. Days before our booked experience we were notified that our experience was going to 1 hour instead of the advertised and PAID for 2 hours and would also not be on the Zodiac Boat with a small group of people as described and paid extra to receive. Upon returning their call about changes I was instructed to call the Charter Company which does the Whale watching trips. I was pretty upset right away that I was going to have to call and find out why the changes were made and complain to them. Why would I call when this is a problem between Xperience Days and the Charter as they not providing what Xperience Days is selling. One of Xperience Days representatives told me that they were not doing 2 hour trips since it was not whale season and that we would probably not see whale in the 1 hour trip anyway. At this time I requested the experience be canceled and our credit be refunded to our account to choose another experience.

I called the Charter to learn more about when Whale Watching Season begins and when they would be providing the 2 hour, small group Zodiac boat ride. The Charter tells me that they have not offered Zodiac rides for years as they don't even own this style boat. I also learn that the tours are only 30 or more people and the small group is not available unless privately booked for an additional cost. To top it all off I learn there are resident whales in Depoe Bay OR and they see whales nearly every day. I really wish Xperience days would have contacted this to discuss my reservation instead of telling/selling me some false information.

Upon trying to book a new adventure with Xperience Days I learned that I was not credited the money back from the canceled whale watching trip, after my email complaint email we are contacted by email. They email my HUSBAND (not me?? when I was the one holding the account and emailing about the credit) the next day twice. First he receives an email asking how our whale watching experience went, and then soon after a second stating the cancellation was made and credit to our account was received. No email response was directed to me, which is completing unprofessional.

The next day I am trying to book our new experience to learn that you can't book with credit, one must purchase a certificate that is mailed to you, in which case you can then book an experience. Dealing with the time zone difference I am forced to wait till the following day to call, after I have already booked Hotel and travel to Seattle to finally be able to celebrate our one year anniversary, now weeks later than planned. My request was quickly met with a quick NO that the Pike's Market Tour was not available on the dates I was requesting. This person on the phone didn't even check before she was snapping at me rudely that it wasn't available. Feeling less than human now, I asked if she had a way to check before telling me no, this is when she tells me that they have filled up the tour but are now offering an earlier tour time. The Travel I booked does not permit us to go at this earlier time, I could have purchased a different travel time if my account was credited when I was told it would be and could book my experience first. This is when they choose to tell me that I need to book 14 days prior to an experience date, why was this not on the listing for the Tour nor on my whale watching certificate that I still have on hand??

Still on the phone with a very impatient lady, I ask that I get refunded my money. She let me know that she would have to talk to her Manager who would contact me and hung up. (Not a good bye, have a nice day, can I perhaps put you on hold to see if my manager is available??? Just hung up on me)

I received an email letting me know that my credit was refunded to my account.

I didn't ask for credit, I wanted a refund. I emailed the company back explaining my situation and disappointment. This email was not met with a response. I resubmitted my email, this one was returned with an email that my complaints were baseless accusations and inaccurate.

Xperience Days are not providing the service they claim as the experience listings are very inaccurate and their customer service is completing unacceptable.

No one should be treated the way I was treated especially not someone whom has been paid to provide a service.

Xperience Days refuses to refund my money and completely ruined a special occasion for my husband and I.