www.dogfood.com.aurip-off

A Review updated:

I purchased dog food from this company and they only delivered half my order. After weeks of leaving messages on thier 'hotline' (which it turns out isn't manned) and them telling me that the rest was "on it's way" (but never arriving), I eventually asked them for a refund. 'Ivan' of the company flat out told me that he wasn't going to give me one.
Ivan's representation of the company is also questionable; in previous conversations he has asked me if I ever travel to his location as he was "impressed" with me and would like to meet me. I am not sure if this was a veiled threat or a pitiful attempt at flirting, but either way it is unprofessional and unwelcome.
Needless to say, the remainder of my order has never arrived, nor have I received my money back.

I have since heard similar stories from other ex-customers, including refusal to give a refund for items not received, and bags of food being delivered with tears in them as if rats have eaten through the packaging.

Think twice before ordering through this company.

• Co
    cooldaddy Nov 03, 2009

I was a customer of dogfood.com.au for a long time and one time they never send me my dog food and then never return my calls. Then they say they will send it but they didnt. Then I went away and the dog food still wasnt there when I got back. I called them again and they say they dont know why I dont have it yet but they use a couriar so I said it should be traceable! The man I spoke to was sounding a bit angry with me but the dog food came after I had waited for about 7 weeks - I am thier regurlar customer for a long time and they do this to me! Not even say sorry! I had to leave lotf of messages and use my time to chase them! Also bags did get sent and somtimes they had holes in them.

I never recommend dogfood.com.au to anybody. I use different company, very nice and I'm not have any problems with them.

• Po
    poochiepal2 Nov 10, 2009

I have to say I totally agree with you cooldaddy and with everyone else who has made comments about this particular company. I'm absolutley digusted with 'Ivan' the so called 'businessman' and the service he has provided not only to myself but to my dogs. I have two beautiful labs and like most doggie lovers ensure they recieve great love and care. I purchased two bags recently from the company who was recommended to me through another dog-loving friend. Upon recieving the food after a 2 week delay, I noticed as I was preparing the food not only had there been damage to the bag, but the contents did not just contain dog food. Throughout the food was what I could make out to be bits of fluff, pieces of broken plastic and human hair. There was no way I was feeding that to my dogs. I checked the second bag to discover the same thing. I called Ivan who angrily told me there was no way there was foreign articles in his dog food. I asked for a refund and he told me there was 'no chance in hell' I was getting one. And he calls himself a business man? BUYER BEWARE-For your dogs health please PLEASE do not purchase these products, you'll just cop an earful and be wasting your time and money.

• Om
    omartd90 May 29, 2011

I also lost my money. Ivan from dogfood.com.au is a liar and a petty crook. He should not be in business.

• Pm
    pmbr Jun 20, 2011

I agree with the other complainants. I also was a good customer for the last few years. No more. They rang to say they couldn't supply all my order and would give me a full refund. No refund arrived and no calls have been returned. Be aware.

• Do
    dogfood.com Jun 22, 2014

The business known as www.dogfood.com.au is under new Ownership. We Robert & Layla have taken over the business as of 17th July 2014 and look forward to continuing to serve you as best as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience you have had with the previous owners. We can assure that all orders placed on our website will be fulfilled and shipped within 24 hrs of receiving payments . Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on: [protected] or email: [email protected]

• Em
    Emma-Louise Jones Aug 25, 2017

Absolutely shocking service! I am new to Australia and ordered dog food earlier in the week so it arrived for when my dogs arrived from quarantine. One of my dogs has to have special food because he has kidney disease. I ordered the food and it hasnt arrived, no email to say it has even been dispatched and when I can finally get through on the phone, I am told that the person who deals with it isnt in the office and will be back, Twice I got spun that line and I have rung about 20 times today, only to be answered twice. I am going to speak to my bank and ask them to cancel the order and get me the refund so I can order from somewhere else! Absolutely useless! Avoid! I am now left where my dogs have no food for when they arrive on Monday and I will have to now find a vet to buy some emergency food for him!! Not happy! Please do not put yourself through using this company!

• Up
    Upset9 Nov 24, 2017

Robert & Layla if you are still running Dogfood.com.au, why can't I reach you on either numbers listed and why don't your respond to my email message or fb message about my missing order? What a way to upset customers and the completely wrong way to run a business! I am still missing $100 worth of dog food!

• Ha
    Hayden West Apr 10, 2018

avoid this company at all costs, dodgy as they come, say its been delivered when its never been sent... dispute it through paypal a month later when they finally send... boxes of sealed dog biscuits are infested with weevils to the point they took over my house in 24hours. disgusting company just ignores emails, phonecalls and text messages

• Sh
    Sherdie May 27, 2018

Useless dishonest company - ordered $300 worth on April 5 - not delivered until April 23. Refused delivery as Id purchased elsewhere. Dispute with paypal took until May 2 to get refund as seller told paypal that the items had been delivered. Calls emails and texts went unanswered. Never again. Numerous complaints tell the same story.

• Ro
    Roger1997 May 31, 2018

Been with them for several years they were good. Latest order did not arrive..landline and mobile rings out. Money taken from my credit card and tracking number showed my purchase was delivered. When i rang delivery company thay said my package was not made up. When i asked why does tracking say it was delivered they told me dogfood.com.au has online access and they loaded thus itself...AVOID

• St
    StaffyLover Jun 05, 2018

AVOID this rip-off company at all costs!!! Order never arrived - no response to emails, calls go unanswered. They should not still be in business. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Wouldliketogetholdofhim Jun 09, 2018

They are crooks-I placed an order, after two weeks still not arrived. I sent emails & tried to ring. Then I lodged a complaint with Department of Fair Trading. I suggest anyone else who has the same issue, do the same!!! Just lodge with their online open. The department knows the 'company. You can also track the real owner of the business through the ABN number & you'll see him on his LinkedIn account-posing as a business person, truck driver but I feel he should add thief!!

• Dg
    Dgqld Jul 11, 2018

Well it looks like I am joining this growing list of people on here. Ordered 30th June. now 11th July and no one answers the phone to even find out. Online account t says order is processing. Great, where ?
    Same day order despatch - definitely not the case.
    Will update when I know more.

Wouldliketogetholdofhim Jul 11, 2018

@Dgqld Lodge a complaint with Dept Fair Trading in your State/Territory. They will follow up & give you advice with what to do with your bank. If customers don't lodge complaints, he gets away with it.

• Re
    RedAsh Jul 25, 2018

I ordered a few things including a 10kg bag of dog food ($94.95). It arrived but when we opened the bag it was full of weavels. Also, there was no expiry date on the bag and our local Pet Barn said it isn't legal to sell without that. I have emailed and called them and there is no response. It looks like my money is totally down the drain.

Wouldliketogetholdofhim Jul 25, 2018

@RedAsh Lodge with Department of Fairness trading and they will advise you how to lodge a request with your bank to reverse payment. I received my money back and can't thank the Department enough for looking after customers from scumbags like this!!

• Re
    RedAsh Jul 27, 2018

@Wouldliketogetholdofhim Hi, thanks for your advice. Did you actually receive your order? I'm just wondering if the Department of Fair Trading would be able to get the bank to reverse my payment seeing I actually received my order, albeit full of weavels!

Wouldliketogetholdofhim Jul 27, 2018

I didn't receive my order, but if I was you, I'd take photos of the goods you received as they are not what you ordered! Just contact Dept of Fair Trading & they will step you through it. Keep all the evidence you have of communication (& lack of).