Worldventurespyramid scheme with a twist

L Review updated:

While not illegal, world ventures does work off the old "puramid scheme" setup. You pay cash to recruit people, and make it back from the cash of your recruits. Logically, someone has to lose money for you to get paid.

However, as they do offer actual vacations and travel services, this is not a crime. One could argue that your money also paid for your access to their exclusive vaccation deals, (Which are consistently higher than travelocity, expedia, or even face-value hotel expenses.) the packages are a rip off, as is the recruitment, but its legal. And realistically, if you can sucker in enough of your fellow saps, you actually can profit. So long as the there is a lower rung on the ladder to pay for your mistake.

They don't lie to you. The just hide the truth in pretty words and motivational hotel "pep rallies." most of the atendees are still buying into it themselves, so they come across as very sincere and enthused. But if you notice, none of them are really making money. Hmms.

Dont be fooled, most of these people are faking smiles to make their money back, even hoping your money will recoup their losses. My advice - dont get up in arms, this thing is huge and there's nothing you can do. Just look out for yourself and your loved ones and keep your wallet closed.

• La
    La Verite Aug 28, 2009

Its pretty clever. The monthly fee serves a dual purpose. IT DOESNT REALLY GET YOU EXCLUSIVE VACCATION DEALS! (these fees can actually be cheapened drastically by booking it yourself, there's really no deal in it).

The dual purpose fee is this:
    1. It guarantees World Ventures will make at LEAST that profit off you every month, with in itself keeps the company afloat.
    2.The only way out for you is to work your ### off to recruit others. So for every one person who gets OUT OF DEBT to World Ventures, another 4 are in the whole.

These things are disgustingly brilliant. And they're so common now its scary.

• Ca
    catsalesman Aug 28, 2009

What a joke... your post is not even close to the truth... you are the reason that network marketing companies get a bad Name... A Pyramid Scheme ( not puramid) is exchanging of money with no product whatsoever... Worldventures does not pay people to sign up or recruit people... They pay for the selling of a product ie: Dreamtrips membership or LTC package... ... Get your facts straight before posting such stupidy on the NET !!!

oh and Wventures is cheaper than travelocity and expedia 68% of the time. Just another internet expert it seems. Jeff

Holly Christ Nov 30, 2018

@catsalesman Hay Jeff, the darkness of lies can not survive the light of true. What you are calling “Product, Dreamtrips membership” is recruitment of new people and keeping them in the membership be monthly fees. The commissions are not based on actual travel services, it is calculated based new and existing Dreamtrip members that you can hold under your pyramid.

• Ka
    Kay77 Sep 22, 2009

I agree World Ventures is a typical MLM marketing plan. I went to a meeting and it was so sad hearing the speaker tell us to call up our friends and family for money...how desperate!!! Let me tell you I found the same trips on funjet and worry free vacations a heck of lot cheaper than World Ventures. When they say the travel industry is the largest industry in the world at their "pep rallies" they are sorely mistaken...look at the diet market, makeup, oil, etc...these markets outweigh the travel industry 10 fold. Don't be fooled with World Ventures...spend your time on Church and a real job. God Bless.

• Li
    LisaTwobyTwo Sep 24, 2009

Now, while WV Reps claim they don't get paid to recruit, the fact is to be eligible to be a WV Rep does require the sale and/or purchase of a product by which commissions is paid to the recruiter. So in essence, the recruiter IS getting paid to recruit.

In addition, there is some very clear language in their Detailed Compensation Plan (DCP) that outlines the benefits of recruiting versus retail sales.

Which, by the way, WorldVentures does not pass this out at their initial presentation. They have you sign a contract stating you agree to the DCP, but they don't provide you a copy of of the DCP. You have to know where to find it.

FormerWVRep Sep 26, 2009

IT ABSOLUTELY IS A PYRAMID SCHEME TAKE IT FROM A FORMER REP

I actually worked for World Ventures for 8 solid months, and you DO in fact get paid to recruit. That's all you get paid for actually. As the previous posted stated, it's not in your initial introduction. So Catsalesman, if you are a recruit, (and I suspect you are) listen carefully.

In joining World Ventures, you will be required to pay $49-$99 a month for access to their programs. (the services in question Dreamtrips, etc) and no, they consistently cost more than the major booking sites, look it up on Consumerreports.org.

By RECRUITING enough people your fees will be waived.

If you recruit in EXCESS of that amount, you will accrue a commission, as well as travel miles, etc. (the pay off)

At my best point, mid-March, I was barely scraping by without paying the membership fees every month, my commission was a joke. I finally left the company two months ago, taking nothing with me for my time. but I made them a TON of money from other suckers like me, and what's worse is the people I recruited were all friends and family. Most of them are still buying in, and noone's making anything. Just enough to keep your hopes up.

So we have estavlished that there IS a payoff to sign-up and recruit. That's the primary basis of the business, so it really is a pyramid scheme. If you got a good deal, aweesome, but that's rarely the case.
    My guess is that the angry above poster is one of their latest recruits. Good luck to you. I give you 8 months before you wise up and realize what I did.

Holly Christ Nov 30, 2018

@FormerWVRep Average Rep last about 6 months before quitting. If you are intellectually challenged, it may take a few more months before you quit. If you are morally challenged and succeeding in deceiving your friend and family members, you may last a little longer. Eventually, everyone will quit and WV will bankrupt.

FormerWVRep Sep 26, 2009

Your 68% statistic is wrong, that data came straight from the training vid. Don't believe everything they tell you Jeff.

• Ne
    Netprofitathome Sep 27, 2009

1) Lack of Leads
    2) Lack of Money
    3) Lack of Training
    4) Lack of Duplication

This system will have you producing immediate income as we will show you how to profit from the 98% of your leads that do not join your business opportunity.

We'll have you essentially producing your leads for free, even if you are using paid methods to produce you leads like PPC.

And this system is completely duplicable and you can plug your downline in and they will then have the same system to get the same success you are having.

Check it out today

Warmly,

Bob Kozec, Founder
    Netprofitathome.com

Holly Christ Nov 30, 2018

@Netprofitathome Hi Bob, you like like a fraud guy.

HappyWVRep Oct 12, 2009

Oh my goodness. Such ignorance, I have never seen! First of all, WorldVentures does NOT pay anyone for recruiting someone into the BUSINESS! You get paid for selling PRODUCT. To buy the product, you do not have to get into the business and to get into the business, you do not have to buy the product. I have a rep below me who hasn't purchased product at all yet, and I haven't been paid a cent for her joining. However, I am helping her all the way to the top because when she sells product, it will help me. If she gets the products, then I will get paid for her personal enrollments into the product line. Think of it this way. If you buy a McDonalds, does it not benefit you AND the company if the company puts millions into advertising on TV? Yes, the company makes money on YOUR sales. If you are in corporate America, a bunch of people above you are making money when you sell their products AND they are making money on the sale of products that anyone you hire makes. However, they don't make money because you hired that person.

Sorry, but if you think paying monthly dues or annual dues makes something illegal or wrong, cancel your membership at Sams Club or Costco and make sure you never buy a timeshare or get a Disney Vacation membership or join Thousand Trails or anything else that requires monthly dues.

As for not making money, well that's a joke. If you put out the effort and hearing someone say "no" once in a while doesn't give you a tummy ache and send you into a deep state of depression so you never tell anyone else about it, you WILL make money. WV pays exactly what they say they will pay exactly when they say they will pay. I have made far more money than I put in and I never have to pay them another dime for my product. Why don't you go ask Sams Club if they will waive your fees forever if you refer 4 people to them?! Everyone I know who is actually doing the work is making money! Those who aren't telling anyone, strangely, are not making any money. Imagine that!

I love this company. We have a single mother of 6 on our team who reached the Fast Start Bonus and received a large sum of money for doing so because she reached a significant number of customers within 60 days. The great thing is that she was 5 customers short with 2 hours remaining before her 60 days was up, so a whole bunch of people on our team got together and found her those 5 customers before the clock struck midnight. She really needed the money. She was teary-eyed as she stood in front of the team and received recognition for reaching that milestone. That's what WorldVentures is all about! It's a team effort. It's about caring for each other and helping those in need. We have a HUGE goal to help tens of thousands of people achieve financial freedom and to feed and clothe people around the world as well as spread the Gospel all over the world without ever having to soliicit even one dollar from anyone in order to do it. This company and this business and the strong, moral, ethical and spiritual leadership of our team and this company will allow us to do that.

You people are sad, maybe well-intentioned dream stealers, but you are soooooo wrong! This company is privately held and debt free and growing very fast. Selling products with word of mouth advertising does not make a pyramid scheme! It makes a dream making and dream achieving company when it has solid leadership and undeniably valuable products.

Some of you don't seem to get the concept. One of my friends has the same problem. Can you book vacations to certain places cheaper yourself? Yes. However, the concept of DREAMtrips is to get 4 and 5 star vacations at 1 and 2 star prices. Sure, you can stay at Motel 6 cheaper than the 4 Seasons, but how much pampering are you going to get. How much food and drinks and transportation and comfort does your Motel 6 and Chevy Sprint car rental get you on your VACATION. You are talking about a TRIP with a tiny room with one or two beds and a small bathroom. We are talking about a huge suite with 2 or 3 rooms, all you can eat buffets, all inclusives, free drinks, air conditioned buses at the airport to transport you to the resort where you don't even have to stand in line to check in. All this for the same and sometimes lower prices than your Motel 6 and McDonalds every meal. There are deals you can't book for yourself anywhere else. We have won awards from Carnival, Funjet, Disney. We are the #1 booker of travel to the country of Mexico. We have an alliance with Disney. We are the exclusive travel booking partner of the World Poker Tour. The Sports Legends Challenge is partnered exclusively with us. We have many travel agents, including a couple I personally know, who joined because they couldn't beat our deals. I could go on and on and on, but if you have your minds closed, you won't believe it anyway. It's just sad that so much misinformation and untruth is out there on the internet for anyone to find and people may never pursue their dreams thanks to people like you. I personally know several people in the business who are achieving GREAT things in the business and making TONS of money while helping others do the same thing. I will never listen to the dream stealing, misinformers like you. I am well on my way to having lifetime residual income which will pass to my children when I die and within a year, WorldVentures will be paying for my car and my house, and I will come right back here and post pictures of them for you all. I am not going to participate in this recession or in this assassination of a high character company. I will achieve my dreams because I have a purpose that I am pursuing. You can keep working for the company that doesn't care about you and will lay you off eventually and can dictate how much you make and what your measly retirement will be, but I am going to be retired by the time I am 45 with a 6 figure income monthly with which to finance my retirement and my missions work and assisstance to people everywhere.

Start telling the truth, people! PLEASE!!!

Happy WorldVentures Rep

• Ah
    Ahjan Oct 03, 2017

@HappyWVRep High Five!!! Lots of love!!!
    from a fellow Happy WorldVentures Rep

• Ro
    RobBach Jun 28, 2018

@HappyWVRep Getting paid?
    WV is going under. It owes vendors over $15 million US. It hasn't been paying reps since Sept. of 2017. No commissions, residuals or dream car/house payments. Double IMDs are leaving. Almost every one is going down in rank, rather than up (especially if their lie of $2 billion in profit since 2016 is correct...which it isn't). At last 3 c level officers have left WV since January of 2018 after seeing the true financials. There is no cash on hand. Nugent is using his own money to make corporate payroll. There are massive, monthly layoffs at corporate and open talk of bankruptcy. Check out Glassdoor to see more comments from corporate.

• Da
    David k Jackson Jul 28, 2018

@HappyWVRep World Ventures is a HUGE waste of time and a sucker magnet.

• Da
    David k Jackson Jul 28, 2018

@David k Jackson My sister has been using or working for this company for the last two years and I've seen her take two trips, pay for much of the fun that she had while on the trip, but she made no other money from this company. She just got back from a pep rally talk and started calling up friends and family, including me, immediately. Sounds like a sad scam.

Holly Christ Nov 30, 2018

@HappyWVRep You would need many more Christ to sacrifice their lives to save WorldVentures Reps from HELL. 🛑 STOP 🛑 deceiving people.

@David k Jackson Your sister wants to ditch you because of WorldVentures🤔

Former faithful rep Jan 31, 2019

@HappyWVRep Sorry you believe all this but I was a member for almost nine years and no one wanted the company to succeed more than I did. I went to every event and took the trips. And as a side note, the included breakfast on one of those trips to NYC was nothing more than Sams Club french toast sticks, liquid eggs, and cheap juice. I was there and lived it so your unwillingness to believe me is irrelevant to what is true. I loved the trainings and grew from them but there has been blatant deception, people have not gotten paid, Flye card was a scam and even after it was clearly dead in the water, high integrity, people of faith leaders, continued to sell the product. The company will not survive because of the laws of sowing and reaping, plain and simple. So feel free to think what I am saying is not true. I could send a million different documents to prove that what I am saying is true.

HappyWVRep Oct 12, 2009

Read this and learn a little something about how air fares work. This is why we are cheaper 68% of the time when you book a vacation. The flight prices change 10, 000 times per day. By the time you book that cheaper flight you found on Expedia or Travelocity, it has changed or is no longer available and your price has now increased significantly. Rovia, our booking engine does not change the price. By the way, our booking engine was built by the same man who built Orbitz and United's booking engine before that.

HappyWVRep Oct 12, 2009

Here is the independent study from Topaz International showing Rovia is lowest price 68% of the time.

Here is the link to the Topaz International website if you don't know who they are:

HappyWVRep Oct 12, 2009

If you are interested in the truth and the other side, check this out:

• Me
    metroguy3 Oct 18, 2009

HappyWVRep, your second link is the same as your first. Do you have the correct link for the Topaz study?

TwobyTwo Oct 18, 2009

WorldVentures profits off of their admitted 70% failure rate. Their high pressure sales tactics are used to intimidate people into making a rash decision.

Slides such as "Momentum" are displayed and verbal misrepresentations are made regarding the status of the company and the immediate potential earnings...

Other sales tactics such as the slide dipicting "YOU" out to the left and "BOB" in your place in the pyramid therefore, "BOB" is going to get all the profits "YOU" missed out on because you didn't sign right then and there- is another example of misleading the prospect...

Only handing the recruitee a 2 page contract (and in some cases only 1 of the 2 pages) and verbally telling the recruitees "It's just a standard contract". Yet, the 2 page contract contains stipulations that the recruitee agrees to abide by a Detailed Compensation Plan and Policies & Procedures, neither of which were provided to recruitee to read/review, nor were those agreements even verbally disclosed...

Utilizing misleading sales techniques from companies the FTC shut down for deceptive practices, i.e. "MOMENTUM"... (Trek Alliance used the same tactic)

Omitting and deceiving the public of the involvement WV executives truly had with "companies with less than stellar reputations"... Marc Accetta's true involvement with Equinox and Trek Alliance

Training new reps to use deceptive tactics when inviting prospects to meetings "Be in a hurry", "Keep from explaining"...

I personally witnessed a WV Representative state they are claiming certain tax deductions, in an attempt to lead prospective recruitees into believing they too could get said tax deductions by being a WV rep, when in fact those particular deductions he stated he was claiming are not allowable AT ALL per IRS regulations (confirmed by my attorney)...

I also personally received an email from a WorldVentures rep stating she had "gotten all her money back" that she originally invested in becoming a WV rep through WV profits. Further investigation revealed she actually had a several hundred dollar loss...

In my world, these tactics are unethical, and in some cases - even illegal. Preying on people's emotions, exploiting their trust, and sending them away with a financial loss and a sense of shame through a feeling of failure.

Couple that with the high unemployment rate right now, a perfect breeding ground for more victims, victims desperate and willing to accept just about anything they are told just so for a glimpse of hope that they can provide for their family.

TwobyTwo Oct 18, 2009

Happy WVRep posts above "If you are interested in the truth and the other side, check this out: http://worldventures.biz/truthwv/#blank"

Might I recommend you do further research as WorldVentures' has omitted very important facts regarding Marc Accetta's true involvement with Equinox and they have totally omitted that he was involved with Trek Alliance. Both companies were shut down by the FTC because of illegal practices.

Marc Accetta, WorldVentures' Director of Training, has been named in SEVERAL lawsuits as a co-defendant with Equinox and Trek Alliance.

TwobyTwo Oct 18, 2009

WorldVentures has been claiming they were "very very rapidly" going to hit "MOMENTUM" any day now, so hurry up and join right now so you don't miss out.
    Yet, when you compare the slides they've used over the years, it actually appears they are going backwards.

TwobyTwo Oct 18, 2009

IN ADDITION to Marc Accetta. WorldVentures' Director of Training, being listed as a co-defendant with Equinox in a class action lawsuit filed in Lubbock, TX - he ALSO was listed as a co-defendent alongside Equinox in cause numbered DC-96-06905 in the 101st District Court of Dallas. Yet, according to "The Truth About WorldVentures" posted on their site at http://worldventures.biz/truthwv/#blank, WorldVentures leads people to believe Marc Accetta was simply an independent representative of Equinox. Then why is it he keeps getting named as a co-defendant right along with Equinox?

TwobyTwo Oct 18, 2009

Rick Frisk was named alongside Marc Accetta in the lawsuit I mentioned above.

Posted from http://www.rickross.com/reference/equinox/equinox2.html

Bob Hanneman in Savannah, Ga., contends that for his 51-year-old brother, Lyle Lee Claude, joining Equinox was "the last straw" that pushed his brother over the edge. After losing his job, Lee Claude--known as "Bud"--ran up $10, 000 in debts, borrowing from family to invest in Equinox and Advanced Marketing seminars at the encouragement of Rick Fritz, an Equinox "heavy-hitting distributor." At the end of 1994, facing jail time for missed child-support, Bud Hanneman shot himself in an apartment he was renting in Florida--for which he was months behind in rent. Although Bud had prior personal and legal problems, compounded by a failed relationship and a no-contest plea weeks earlier to a prostitution solicitation charge, Bob Hanneman says, "as far as I'm concerned, Equinox played a tremendous part in my brother taking his own life. They fed him all that bullcrap to rise him up and kick him in the butt again. He got flim-flammed and couldn't deal with it. And I would like the opportunity to sit down with Bill Gouldd eyeball to eyeball and give him my opinion on that."

HappyWVRep Oct 30, 2009

Brilliant post, Two by Two, er uh, Lisa...So a guy is a loser, can't keep a job, doesn't pay his child support, yet has money for prostitutes killed himself because the company told him to get training! Wow, what do you want to bet that suit gets thrown out? That's incredible. Not trying to defend Equinox here because I truly don't know enough about them to do so, but this is a desperate attempt at gaining financially from his brother's stupidity and death. Very nice!

marsul99 Oct 30, 2009

WorldVentures is a legitimate, lifestyle and travel product, network marketing business. There are any number of definitions as to what constitutes a pyramid scheme, but this helpful article by the FTC offers a very comprehensive explanation.

WorldVentures passes the “pyramid test” because the company does not pay commissions based on recruiting new Representatives. Rather, commissions are paid solely on the sale of DreamTrip Memberships and the LTC package. Significantly, these products are not sold at inflated prices and since they are not physically tangible items, Representatives do not carry any inventory.

We’ve also launched a new B2B division that markets the DreamTrip Membership as an employee benefit directly to companies with no mention of any Representative opportunity whatsoever. At the rate we are writing new B2B business, we will bring on thousands of new DreamTrip customers over the next 12 months.

WorldVentures is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It’s a viable business opportunity akin to Mary Kay, Pre-Paid Legal, Shaklee, Tupperware, Avon, or any other legitimate company using a home-based business distribution model. In fact, noted industrialists and corporations utilize the network marketing model as well. For example, Warren Buffet (Berkshire Hathaway) owns The Pampered Chef, Sir Richard Branson, owner of Virgin Airways also owns Virgin Vie, which distributes cosmetics and skincare products in Europe; banking giant CitiGroup owns Primerica Insurance Company, Donald Trump has announced that he is launching the Trump Network in October 2009, and clothing giant Jockey owns and operates Jockey Person-to-Person, The point is that the direct selling, or “network marketing” model is a legitimate business method, but is often misunderstood by those who simply look at the compensation structure and improperly conclude that they are pyramid schemes.

TwobyTwo Nov 05, 2009

Just for kicks, let’s take a just a moment and review some of the language from the complaint filed against another travel organization YTB. Please let me know if find any similarities:

“While Defendants purport to be in the business of selling travel, their real
    business is the operation of a pyramid scheme that relies on the sale of essentially worthless websites they refer to as “online travel agencies.” For the opportunity to own and operate an online travel agency, consumers pay Defendants over $1, 000 per year.”

“To entice consumers to participate in their scheme, Defendants make untrue or
    misleading claims that consumers can become millionaires and receive special travel discounts offered only to professional travel agents.”

The above complaint would certainly lend to be good lesson for future companies interested in developing a similar business model – they might want to post something like an Income Disclosure Statement that clearly shows the true income potential so they don’t get their butts handed to them from the attorney general’s office like YTB did.

Of course, even if they do post the truth, they can always discount it by making statements, such as the following. This is directly from a HappyWVRep posted on another blog :

“Then WV becomes a scapegoat for their lack of effort, lack of education, lack of motivation, lack of skills or whatever has put them in position for being where $360 is treated like a million dollar loss. That’s truly pathetic!”

TwobyTwo Nov 08, 2009

A gentleman writes about his experience from being invited to a WorldVentures Presentation:

"Tom comes back around to tell me what a great deal this is. At some point he decides we must be kindred spirits. “$400 is not a lot of money to people like us. We throw that down for dinner” he says. This is untrue on both our parts. I know for a fact that I don’t spend that much on dinners. Even most 5-Star restaurants I frequent don’t get over $120 per person. I guess if I ordered wine with the meal, then it might go over, but I don’t really drink. And I’m even more certain this guy isn’t throwing $400 down on dinner. Not if he’s trying so hard to pry lose a couple hundred from me. The fact is, $400 is a lot of money. It’s a lot more than I would have to spend on a new Kindle, which I really want, but don’t buy because it costs $359."

An Representative from WorldVentures' response:

"The fact is that if these peoples' only car broke down and it was going to cost them $400 to fix it, they would come up with it. $400 is nothing in todays world. It's one electric bill. If you don't have $400 saved up after 20 years in the work force, whatever you are doing needs to change. How exactly will they build a retirement from that? It's an excuse for staying lazy."

• St
    SteveKipper Nov 12, 2009

The whole thing is a scam! Is anybody making any real money? I'm not talking about $200 a month. I can pump gas and make $200, while not trying to swindle my friends and family members out of money. They brain wash you! SCAM!!! hahhha. I can't believe people fall for this crap.

TwobyTwo Nov 12, 2009

To the contrary, WorldVentures fails the pyramid test. Several court decisions have been handed down over the years that clarify exactly what a pyramid scheme is.

"As indicated in FTC v. Five Star Auto Club, No. Civ-99-1693, 2000 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 10548 (S.D.N.Y. 2000) and FTC v. Equinox Int'l. Corp., No. CV-S-99-0969-JBR, 1999 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 19866 (D. Nev. 1999), the FTC continues to consider a purported MLM in which most of the products are sold to the "distributors" rather than "retail customers" an illegal pyramid scheme. Id. ("Retail Sales do not include sales made by participants in a prohibited marketing scheme or multi-level marketing program to other participants or recruits in that scheme or program or to such a participants' own accounts")."

According to Happy WorldVentures Rep, most of WorldVentures' Representatives revenue is derived from recruiting, not from retail sales.

"Yes, the presentation focuses on recruiting customers/reps because they have to show you what MOST people do, which is become both." per Happy WorldVentures Rep himself.

TwobyTwo Nov 12, 2009

More than 70% of their Representatives not only don't make a dime, they loose every dime they invested into it. These are not numbers I made up, they can be found on www.worldventures.biz and click on Income Disclosure Statement. You will see according to WorldVentures own admission, for those 30% that do make any money, the average only makes $1254 a year - that is not deducting the amount of money they paid to join WorldVentures.

• Ia
    Iamyourbob Nov 15, 2009

Ok, so they made $1254 in a year. They can do that with only paying $199 + $24.99/mo. That comes out to $500 the first year. That means that there is still $750 profit. This is a legitimate business. It is not too different from Mary Kay. The biggest difference being that you aren't trying to change peoples habits. You aren't asking them to stop buying make-up at a store and going to a rep. You are just asking them to check out your site first before booking travel. Or you are giving them the opportunity to travel cheaply with no commitment to stay a member for any length of time. I have never signed a contract with the company. Just filled out an application not too different from the one I filled out for my Sam's Club membership. They asked if I wanted one or both of the products. Sam's asked if I wanted a standard or preferred membership. You can only count on making money if you work at it. It isn't just free money coming to you.

• Wa
    waynenu Nov 16, 2009

I had been a WV rep and Dreamtrips member for a couple of years and have taken several Dreamtrips. WV may work for some people, but not for me. I was told, just recruit 2 people and sit back and let the money roll in. Not true. You have to work your tail off recruiting new people and then after a few months those people drop off and you have to find new recruits to replace those. To make any money, and I have friends in the business, you have to work 60-80 hours a week. That includes traveling to meetings at least twice a month out of town. The "training" is often about $400 -$600 a person, and then you have airfare, hotel and meals. If I need extra cash, I could work at Home Depot after hours and make more than I could at WV.

The pro WV folks on here cannot deny what I am saying...You must work you tail end off or be one of the directors at the top. WV will NOT be in business in 5 years. What will happen to your residual income? The ones that started WV(Wayne, Mike) will start another company...history has proven it.

So while I don't think WV's is illegal, I just don't want to work that hard. There motto is "Make a Living, Living". That couldn't be further from the truth. It should be "Making a Living, Working your A$$ off"

Another Happy WV Rep Nov 17, 2009

World Ventures works, but you certianly do have to work at it. It is not a get rich quick business, but it will provide you a better life than you live now if you WORK it. Duh... It does take work people. I've been in WVs about two weeks and have make $1, 030 dollars gross. I attend the trainings to get plugged in, just like I did when I was selling real estate. It is obviously the complaint posters here are sceptics and most likely have little to no drive or ambition. The leaders in this company are awesome people. I know many of them personally including the founder and his family. They are faith driven men with a high level of morality. I would not be with this company otherwise.

BTW, the BBB rates World Ventures as an A-.

TwobyTwo Nov 19, 2009

Is WorldVentures a Pyramid Scheme?

Originally Posted by Happy WorldVentures Rep on http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=834345&postcount=2459

• Fr
    Frank from Cleveland Nov 23, 2009

Bob said...If you are looking for a true Marketing System you want a system that can overcome the 4 challenges faced by all network marketers.

1) Lack of Leads
    2) Lack of Money
    3) Lack of Training
    4) Lack of Duplication

Check it out today

Warmly,

Bob Kozec, Founder
    Netprofitathome.com

I say...Ah...Mike Dillard...another guy who makes most of his money not in Network Marketing but by selling his system. Part of the MLM support systems that are sold to unsuspecting newbie MLMers. Associate marketing...Attraction marketing. All the same thing...part of the MLM scam system. I see many of these people gravitate to sites like this to advertise their targeted audience...the MLM die hards. Gee all you MLM die hards out there. How does it feel to be pitched to even here by the very people we warn you about?

HappyWVRep Nov 24, 2009

Two by Two, or whatever she calls herself on the other 8, 000 sites she posts the same lame arguments on, said:

"Is WorldVentures a Pyramid Scheme?

Anyone with half a brain can figure out that when someone first comes to a presentation for WorldVentures, they are NOT a representative of the business! They buy the products because they like the products. They DO NOT have to become a representative to buy the products. In fact, we tell people that if they can't handle rejection, DON'T become a rep, just get the products. There are some presentations that don't even talk about the business side. There is a Business to Business side in which ONLY the products are pitched as an employee benefit. IF somebody likes the products and sees the income opportunity involved, THEN they decide to become a rep also. Some people become reps without buying a product. They are two TOTALLY separate things.

Now take that stupid post you found from the FTC, which proves why WorldVentures IS NOT a pyramid, and CAN IT! You have posted it all over the internet and it makes you look silly!

HappyWVRep Nov 24, 2009

OH NO, Two by Two, and all your other names all over the internet, NOW what are you going to do? Will you have the guts to post THIS BBB rating as you did before they fixed it????? I would be willing to bet everything I own you won't. You haven't got enough integrity to show this one. And look, the complaints are the same as they were before, but now it's an A-. Are you willing to retract all your previous postings about this???

• Gr
    Gregg Thompson Nov 27, 2009

The fact that 70% don't make money, comes from the 'wanting something for nothing mentality!' No onew person is guaranteed to make any money, however, if you join a fitness club are you guaranteed to get in shape?! I love world Ventures...the checks clear every week...the Trips are fantastic...and the Bahamas is a 'real' place! Who's with me for the $49 cruise in Feb of 2010?

• B4
    b4real Dec 04, 2009

World Ventures reps or believers: How much do you gross if you don't get any one to join as a Rep which i think is classified as someone who purchase the RBS package. Is it $$20 or $50 for each person that purchase a dreamtrip membership. So, you will get 20 or 50 bucks for each person that buys a dreamtrip membership . then what? you continue to find people to purchase the membership so you can continue to get the 25 or 50 dollars. I read that you can get $100 for a cycle. that is what?

TwobyTwo Dec 05, 2009

Per the Dallas Better Business Bureau in reference to WorldVentures and Rovia -

Complaints are regarding misrepresentation of the promised savings on travel, slow or non delivery of promised refunds and dissatisfaction with customer service. Specifically, customers complain that paying the company fee and following the company business model does not provide promised savings as stated by company representatives. The company resolves complaints by offering refunds or refering to the agreement for explanation. However, customers complain that the refund was delayed or not received. Additionally, customers indicate that they have difficulty contacting the company.

TwobyTwo Dec 05, 2009

I have received several private messages from members of this board and want to thank you for the kind words. I wish you the best and my heart goes out to those, particularly whose family members have been victimized from scams such as this.

Another item you may want to share:

When building any business, you want to be assured you won't wake up one day and find all of your hard work has been stolen away from you.

WorldVentures' agreement allows WorldVentures to cancel their agreement with their Independent Representatives at anytime and stop paying them immediately, simply because they claim they don't wish to use the representatives as a means to distribute their product anymore. So with 30 day notice - poof - all of their income is gone.

Below is an excerpt of the contract all WorldVentures Reps are required to sign:

• Sp
    spc234 Jan 04, 2010

I have been with with company for over a year. It is a solid company with a sold rating with the BBB. World Ventures does not pay anyone to recruit new members. World Ventures sales 2 very good products. In fact, the whole purpose of World Ventures is to enroll ONLY 4 people and have your monthly fees waived. For $300 you get in 100% and all you have to do is find 4 like minded individuals to invest $300 in thier business and its game over. World Ventures is a Network Marketing company. Network Marketing is not for everybody. This is a business like anything else. You either treat this like a business and work it or you will fail. Just like every other business out there. I am so tired of losers that thought they could get rich quick. To all the people claiming World Ventures or any legitimate Network Marketing company is a scam your wrong. You SCAMED yourself into thinking you were that cool or that smart that you could just sit on your butt and get rich. Get a life.

TwobyTwo Jan 05, 2010

In response to the "sit on your butt...and Get a life" comment, this is a standard response from WorldVentures Reps when faced with the facts - BLAME THE VICTIM. Defame them and belittle them, tell the victim they were either lazy, a failure, an idiot, and so forth - I've seen all of the comments above posted all over these type of forums by WorldVentures Reps to victims. It's always the same thing - you people are their best friend and going to save their life when they are pulling out their checkbook, but as soon as they tell you they feel cheated - BLAME THE VICTIM.

The facts I refer to are 70% of WorldVentures reps don't make a dime and of those 30% that do, they only made an average ANNUAL income of $1274 - BLAME THE VICTIM.

With regards to your "all you have to do is find 4 like minded individuals to invest $300 in thier [sic] business and its [sic] game over", that statement is rather deceptive. You should define what "game over" actually means. You are elluding to people exactly what you go on to say makes you "so tired" - that new recruits only need to sell four and then they can sit on their butts and get rich. That is not the case at all. - So, enlighten us, what exactly do you mean when you say "game over" and please, be forthcoming with all of the stipulations placed by WorldVentures in their Detailed Compensation Plan to achieve such a status. You know the Detailed Compensation Plan I refer to, it is the one that the new recruits in their initial meetings are required to sign that they will abide by if they are to join WorldVentures, but isn't provided to them to read.

In the meantime, let's look at the numbers again, numbers provided BY WorldVentures themselves as a means to stay out of hot water with the State Attorney Generals:

70% of all WorldVentures Representatives DON'T MAKE A DIME - nothing, nada, zip, zilch. They are screwed out of their $300 you claim is so easily recouped.

Of the 30% that do make anything, the AVERAGE ANNUAL income is $1274 (bare in mind, this is not deducting the money the victim spent to become a WorldVentures Rep).

Lastly, with regard to the so-called "solid" rating with the Better Business Bureau - the Dallas Better Business Bureau's website states the following with regards to WorldVentures/Rovia:

"Complaints are regarding misrepresentation of the promised savings on travel, slow or non delivery of promised refunds and dissatisfaction with customer service. Specifically, customers complain that paying the company fee and following the company business model does not provide promised savings as stated by company representatives. The company resolves complaints by offering refunds or refering to the agreement for explanation. However, customers complain that the refund was delayed or not received. Additionally, customers indicate that they have difficulty contacting the company".

• Cy
    Cyprus Jan 13, 2010

I am an overseas representative of Worldventures (it operates in 7 countries now outside the US).
    I enrolled because I believed in the system and I love travelling. Two months later I can say without any doubt that the company is honest and delivers! I sold the product without forcing or scaming anybody and I have already have in my credit card account three times the money I invested. I don't undestand how people do NOT get any money. Probably they should say, I didn't get any money because I didn't make any sales! I read all these statements above and honestly I don't understand how people think!!! You work you get paid, you don't work you don't get paid! This is the first stage of the MLM, and if you have a vision and the enthousiasm, you take it to the next stage. Please people think before you talk, but sadly I find that common sense is not so common anymore!

• Se
    seaking answers Jan 18, 2010

This is like trying to believe what is written on a bathroom wall! I think I will still join as I assume most negativity is from people who are not able to work hard or dream?

TwobyTwo Jan 24, 2010

Truth hurts, doesn't it. Might I recommend seaking answers that you share the truth...In the future you should correctly identify yourself as the WorldVentures rep you are. Check out www.scam.com- you'll be able to quickly identify which WorldVentures rep this is. You'll also see this is a familiar tactic among these reps, pretending to be someone they are not.