Worldventurespyramid scheme with a twist

L Review updated:

While not illegal, world ventures does work off the old "puramid scheme" setup. You pay cash to recruit people, and make it back from the cash of your recruits. Logically, someone has to lose money for you to get paid.

However, as they do offer actual vacations and travel services, this is not a crime. One could argue that your money also paid for your access to their exclusive vaccation deals, (Which are consistently higher than travelocity, expedia, or even face-value hotel expenses.) the packages are a rip off, as is the recruitment, but its legal. And realistically, if you can sucker in enough of your fellow saps, you actually can profit. So long as the there is a lower rung on the ladder to pay for your mistake.

They don't lie to you. The just hide the truth in pretty words and motivational hotel "pep rallies." most of the atendees are still buying into it themselves, so they come across as very sincere and enthused. But if you notice, none of them are really making money. Hmms.

Dont be fooled, most of these people are faking smiles to make their money back, even hoping your money will recoup their losses. My advice - dont get up in arms, this thing is huge and there's nothing you can do. Just look out for yourself and your loved ones and keep your wallet closed.

Tim Farquhar Nov 26, 2018

Name me one thing in the world that isn't a pyramid, just one thing? You can't... Everything in the business world is setup on a pyramid. The only difference between a pyramid scheme and legal pyramid is that WV has a service and a product that is delivered to it's customers, just like your Insurance Companies, Walmart, Sears, Hospital's Corporate America. Every single one of these as a CEO who gets paid by the little man/woman. So shove it [censored].

• Ga
    Gave me a breath of life Mar 02, 2018

I meant Dreamtrips did create a lifetime of frienships that were gained through the club. WV is a business. All business run differently or similiar. Everyone had good points about the company whether it true or not. Everyone has a right to express how they feel or give an opinion. We should respect others" opinion.

• Ro
    RobBach Jun 28, 2018

@Gave me a breath of life It's good that you are able to pay for friendships instead of making them yourself.

• Ga
    Gave me a breath of life Mar 02, 2018

I have met some amazing people and have been on amazing vacations. I have met people through this club in the US and internationally. We all stay in touch. I have seen smiles instead of frowns through the people I met from the club. I have a few friends who was always miserable but now travel and have postive attitudes.
    Things I do love: My host at each trip was awesome. I have been feature in professional trip pictures. Im happy with not having to stand in long line waiting to check in. I have done so many adventures that was included with my trip that I thought I would not ever do. I love the vacation in 4 to 5 star at low price cause i know how much i use to pay for it. I was just looking at a trip to Vegas staying at The Palazzo. I believe 3 or 4 days and The Ventian package included, welcome reception, host and more. I pay only $324.00 for two people. I tried to price myself but it was too high. I could not add a host, a receptopn for me my husband, a welcome gift, airport transfer. But I got all of this through Dreamtrips and no worrying bout what im going to do or what I have to pay for when I get there. My child got sick I called the teledoctor. No fee and No Er visit. The doctor called the meds to the pharmacy. My truck got stuck in the ditch, WV roadside assistance pulled my car out for free. I have a 24 hr concierge service. They are awesome. If you dont like anything else about the company, take a Dreamtrip. This company topped my timeshare, my travel agent, and any trip I have booked myself. The trips I went on before Dreamtrips did not create a lifetime friendship I gained through this club.

• I am officially a world ventures ex representative and a lot of what I am reading is correct. It's been a few years so the compensation and pay out is different. With every platinum membership you sign on you get $50 commission so if you sign up the 6 people you need to get the (lifestyle bonus they stopped saying it was a car bonus) you'll make all the money you invested back. And if you have 39/30 (60) in total you reach residual. So now in 2015 they are paying you to recruit a member and you recieve a pay out when the person signs up. Also, they give you 100 extra points for when you sign someone that you could use as $ to travel. Their pricing is not competitive and the price promise is payable in travel money not it real money so you're really not going on any vacation free. Their events / training on the product is all about how to read and deal with people so you could sell the "product" better which is a travel club membership not the dreamtrips. You don't recieve comission off of swine buying a trip you recieve comission off of new members! When researching pyramid schemes because world ventures just loved to tell people pyramid schemes have no product of service they left out that the company must make less than 50% of its general income from its product not its recruiting. I was an active rep for over a year at first I thought it was me, I thought like my up line would say I was applying myself correctly. Or that my color made it harder for me to just follow the system since I'm all about my information. I went to one of their national pep rallies where my up line said I would feel inspired. Well their trainers, ownership, and followers tell people all the time it isn't world ventures that it is the scam it's the people who fail at world ventures who are the scam. did any of these die hard world ventures reps know that Wayne Nugent and Mike Azcue were charged for tax fraud. They blue collar criminals that hide behind hugs and promises of a better life. I've met a lot of people with success in this and a lot with none just hopes. A lot of the people I know have had to car pool to every national event because they have no success. People have sold their belongings just to make it to an event. It's a little ridiculous how some of the people are I could go on for days. Anyone reading this, as an ex rep, they are looking for venerable that are looking for an easy way out. They're looking for people they could influence. They're looking for people THT won't question they're system. They're looking for people who believe in their minds that they have no way to travel but world ventures way. They take advantage of the young adults that know very little about pyramids and scams.

World ventures I am not the see, you are.

• Ca
    CamInParadise Jun 05, 2017

@2 years in world ventures made $100 Your perspective is short-sighted. Continue back at your work place, enjoy.

• Ro
    RobBach Jun 28, 2018

@CamInParadise Getting paid? WV hasn't been paying their reps since Sept. of 2017.
    And 2 years is right. WV preys on the lower socioeconomic classes. Look the pictures of the majority of their reps. They are young, lots of POCs. People who can't even afford a vacation prior to signing up and paying the monthly they can't afford. And now, as of April 2018, WV did away with the Get 4 Pay No More program, so there is no getting out of making monthly payments if you join now.

• Gr
    GrooverWA Sep 06, 2015

I can't believe there are still others out there that think MLM is a scam or think someone at the top gets all the money. What you think your Manager or CEO or Employer gets less money? Where have you been under a rock or another planet? World Ventures is so much of a scam its the fastest growing company privately owned in the states 490% in the last three years. That means if it was a scam would you share it with family and friends? Would it have massive growth? If it was a scam the company would of folded years ago. But I guess we still have ignorant fools or trolls employed by opposing companies praying on the vulnerable.
    I saved $1600 on flights alone for 3 family members, already doubled the money invested. I'll be telling the world

• Al
    Allen Parks Apr 08, 2015

World Ventures has been banned from activity in Norway (Norway deemed the company a Pyramid Scheme - officially December 14, 2014 with WV having 2 weeks to get out of the country), WV have been fined by Cyprus in the amount of $98, 000 (CYP 50, 000) for their activity in that island nation (which at last check had not been paid), Sweden's is investigating them under their gambling laws.) When will the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) get on their trail? This company is a world vulture (WV) in my opinion. The lawsuits by former top employees were settled out of court for millions, and when WV says that they settle BBB complaints internally and through a phone call to the complainer, some of us know exactly what that means. I wonder who their enforcer is on those phone calls and how much pressure they exert on the brainwashed minions?

• Ka
    Kam234 Apr 07, 2015

Interesting!

• Al
    Allen Parks Mar 26, 2015

Check out the Facebook page - World Ventures Disclosure - where a former Vice-President and top members post the lawsuit papers and other information on the company and how it works.

World Ventures
    5360 Legacy Dr., Bldg 1, Ste. 300
    Plano, TX 75024
    p: 972.805.5100

1. Montana State Auditor's Office warns residents about WorldVentures.
    "Pyramid schemes are illegal. Participants in a pyramid scheme that attempt to recruit new members are violating the law and may face administrative, civil or criminal actions against them. If you or someone you know has been approached to get involved in World Ventures or similar programs, please contact the Montana Securities Division."
    The Montana Securities Department has received inquiries and information indicating an investment program entitled World Ventures may be operating in Butte and surrounding communities. The program appears to be a fraudulent pyramid scheme.
    World Ventures appears to be operating as a classic "pyramid" scheme, asking investors to put their own money in to get started. †It appears that $400.00 is the initial amount required for entry into the scheme. To recover their original funds the investors are required to recruit new participants into the program. Once a participant brings enough new recruits into the program, they climb up the pyramid to a point where they begin sharing in the pool of money obtained from new recruits.
    2. worldventures.biz/truthwv/#blank
    According to WorldVentures' "The Truth about WorldVentures" Marc Accetta, the Director of Training was ONLY an independent representative of Equinox and left the company before the FTC shut them down.
    In fact, let me post word-for-word exactly what WorldVentures stated:
    WorldVentures' Director of Training Marc Accetta was an independent representative with Equinox (again, not part of the ownership or management). His story is similar to that of Mr. Nugent and Mr. Azcue. Marc voluntarily resigned from Equinox approximately a year and a half before its closure by the FTC.
    I guess Mr. Accetta must have forgotten he was named alongside Equinox International in a class action lawsuit in Lubbock, TX that was transferred to Nevada because the FTC was shutting them down !
    He also must have forgotten he was involved with Trek Alliance, another illegal pyramid scheme shut down by the FTC.

• Jr
    JR08 Mar 15, 2015

I find it sad that sites like this one, Youtube channels and independent bloggers that own their own sites, use them to create "online controversy" and "Negative Information" in the form of Headlines and Titles that are derogatory towards, and attack network marketing companies as easy targets for their own profits. All it does is create more visits, traffic, SEO and content for the owner of the site to SELL ADVERTISING... and that puts money into the site owners pocket!! Listen Up People, please understand how internet marketing and online advertising works before being fooled by and contributing to forum's and comment threads that try to discredit NM / MLM companies and their representatives hard work... because that's all your doing here! Now WHO is really doing the scamming here!? Network Marketing has always been... and... will always be... a Solid, Legal and Legitimate business model. I personally know many, many very wealthy and successful people from MLM and many who are soon to be from their shear HARD WORK! When you hear someone say, "Its' Not for Everyone" or "It's Not My Cup of Tea", that simply means they have yet to embrace a business model that we will all be seeing more and more of in the coming decades, especially in the NEW ECONOMY we now live in since the 2008 Recession. Our New Economy has pushed very hard into more of a "performance based pay scale" versus one where an "employee" shows up to clock in and clock out to get "paid for their time". Businesses and employers simply no longer want to pay you to just sit around on their company dime and underperform or not at all. The costs involved for a company on training, benefits and liabilities on an average employee for a "Traditional Job" is hugely under scrutiny today in corporate America and business due to a search to reduce operating cost even further. Sorry boy's and girls but, the days of slacking off at work or being paid to just "show up" are drawing to an end very soon. Why do your think Freelancing, Blogging and Business Start Ups are so popular today? If you read much on the job market these days, you've probably heard of things like "Zero Hour Contracts" and "Short Term Contracts". These types of models keep a person who's on the job honest and productive and ultimately results in better performance and profits for the company and reduces or eliminates wasted labor dollars. For the Naysayers and Disbelievers of Network Marketing (MLM), please listen up... jumping online to bash and trash talk this business model is plain and simply... stupid... and shows how un informed you truly are and that you'll believe any ole thing that someone else repeats or says. You have most likely heard clichés and other people say things that are half the time mis Information or simply falsehoods about the business model. They are usually produced out of fear of someone being afraid to take a chance on themselves and really work hard to WIN in life and have financial control of their own lives. When they fail, then they go running scared back to their "comfort zone" after they tried it and didn't stick to it long enough to make a real business work, which in turn spawns dis belief due to their own lack of effort... not because the business was a bad model or a so called "Scam" But guess what? the comfort zone of the past is getting very, very small these days and one day may be to small for everyone, if it's there at all! NM is a Real Business model that works very well and has been going on for many, many years...Mary Kay has built an empire with 1000's of successful entrepreneurs in this business model! How about Avon? Yep, Avon too! Do you bash those companies too? Call them a Scam? Well, why not? They ARE Network Marketing companies (aka. MLM) Why is it that someone considers it bad thing to approach your friends and family to discuss a product or service that may be something of interest to them? If you would keep an open mind for a few minutes longer and be fair to that person's hard work ethic and their effort to be different, you may find that it's not this horrible thing that all the Sheep on the internet are saying it is! Hey, why not have a look at one of the newest MLM successes here in the USA, www.jhilburn.com What?!? you mean if you recruit one of your friends or family members to be a client or a partner with you in this business it must be considered a SCAM!? OH No! Get Over It people... MLM and Network Marketing has grown to such popularity and favor by some of the most successful business gurus (Warren Buffet, Donald Trump & Robert Kiyosaki ) in the world today that you will most likely one day find yourself embracing this incredible way to earn a great living! So, Stop Listening To, or Being One Of... the negative individuals who attempts to Trash NM or MLM on the internet (they are the ones who look foolish)...you may soon find yourself LOVING IT as Millions of people around the world already do! There are so many of these companies in existence today that are highly successful with many successful people in them who love their lives and NON TRADTIONAL method of earning an living. While you waste your time bashing them on the internet after you get off work from your underpaying, daily grind at your 9-5 slave job where your boss and company Control You, they are out living out their dream from working hard for something that belongs to them at the end of the day... Their Own Legitimate Business! You may want to consider Embracing It... sooner than later... your only wasting your own time and success! Just remember... You miss 100% of the shots you Never Take! Best Of Luck to All!

• Sc
    ScottWhite Feb 10, 2015

Take a close look first. I signed up. There is a lot of negativity in some responses without aparent validity. MLMs (Direct Marketing) is a valid business marketing method and in reality has been for a long method. Don't fall for the "box store" mentality that everything needs to be on a shelf or their website. In the 1990s, several pozzi scheme damaged this industry and many others because they we're under funded (people are still investing in Wall Street). Also if everyone joined a travel club it would not be under funded. LOL
    In a society that is offshoring most of its manufacturing and on-shoring foreign labor, different techniques need to be adopted to maintain the American lifestyle. Wholesale vacations and direct marketing really have been around for a long time. The change is that your not going into a "brick and mortar" travel agency, but booking through the internet.
    Representative education is the key. Even in the 50s and 60s we could buy vacuums from a "door to door" sales person who'd learned from Dale Carnegie, but then came more Sears stores and things changed.

• Em
    emma123456 Dec 09, 2014

I have been at one of your Kimberley Northern Cape seminars. And while being there at the Horseshoe Inn Restaurant, as much I we liked being entertained, I knew 4 other couples AND i know the owners of the Horseshoe inn. EVERYONE there got number 3 as a "lucky draw" gift, a holiday coupon. No one got anything else. This is false advertisement and I would like to know what you are planning to do about it.. If you dont believe me, I can gladly get you the footage from Horsehoe Inn where the special drawings was being held.. No one got anything except the coupons. It is illegal to advertise a list of 6 gifts, where you actually only give 1.. And that specific one also just used for your own marketing purposes... It makes us all believe that the whole Las Vegas trip is also a scam... All this was just so the dream vacation group can be marketed, and I am VERY unhappy for number 1: driving 100km to waste my time, my money AND also being there for 2 hours under complete false pretense that I will definately get a gift. 1 of 6.. And it all was a scam. How many complaints have you received? This brings bad lighting to your whole company as well.

Please tell me what you plan to do about this? THIS IS ALL A SCAM!!! and I expect a gift like I was promised before I go viral with this all over the internet. I have my proof. Modern talking advertised for WorldVentures. Everything seems fake.

• Ho
    holiday4u8 Nov 18, 2014

i search worldventures is the true company
    nothing to hire the people just make fail and plaim the company, don't listen to negative people .
    the all suck you down if they can't do it why the baim ather

Maurice Archer Sep 02, 2014

cancel with immediate effect Maurice Archer [protected]

• Ht
    HTMekkatorque Aug 05, 2014

I personally tried to get a refund on the first day. They don't give it to you. I changed my bank accounts and they still found a way to acquire money. Don't join it.

• Ht
    HTMekkatorque Aug 05, 2014

So yeah I signed up, worst thing to do trust me. I tried to get a refund on day 1. They ignored me. Then I went to the bank disputed it, they made up a whole lot of lies and got it chargeback reversed. So I just recently sent in a pretty heavy rebuttal outlying several legal issues about the business. Including taking money out of credit cards that you didn't put on the paper. Didn't even know it was a thing. But yeah biggest scam, watch yourself.

Chrissssssss Jul 25, 2014

I agree with this review. I joined without researching the company. I was brainwashed for almost a year and I lost a very close friend. Before joining please do your research. This company is for greedy people that are willing to give up time, money and friends.

• Ph
    Phillicia Jun 25, 2014

You all may check out this! Found at their website under their statement of Policies & Procedures:

SECTION 8 - PRODUCT GUARANTEES, RETURNS, REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS,
    AND INVENTORY REPURCHASE
    8.1 - Cancellations and Returns
    All Representatives may cancel their Representative Agreement, for any reason, at any time, by
    giving WorldVentures prior written notice by mail at its address of record or by e mail to
    [email protected]

• Cy
    Cynical Jun 22, 2014

Those that speak against WV are demonized by the WV reps. Seems they should be able to stand on their own merits and present a credible argument. How about that C- rating with the BBB?

sam8888 Jun 17, 2014

My WorldVentures Representative ID is [protected] that I registered and applied to be a member on 8 Jun 2014. I sent to email to [email protected] to cancel my membership with WorldVentures. Anyhow, I've yet to receive any reply from them for any action, it's been 6 days now since I sent the email.

I request to cancel the membership with WorldVentures with refund of the monies paid.

• Ta
    TAN KIM LIAN Apr 20, 2014

Hi, my name is TAN KIM LIAN.
    I sorry i want withdraw as I realise i have no
    time to do this business
    ID : [protected]

• Oh
    OhnoHedidnt Jan 22, 2014

Yeah I know this is a scam. But this girl I dated back in the day is on facebook trying to get all her friends into this. I don't know if I should say anything to our mutual friends because if she finds out apparently I will be electronically smeered as by example by some commenters who are "rich" WV reps. Please help me as I want to help people from getting scammed but I do not want the drama that comes with this girl. Although the booty was good. Yeah she is black and a pothead. Not that those two go together but she is a loser for the most part. An example of what kind of person the WV scams.

• Id
    I do my research Jan 22, 2014

After 10 years of not talking to a former peer I was contacted on Facebook, saying hey brotha how have you been we should meet up. I have been in business for years and have common sense for longer. When I met with him this evening for a cheese steak he comesin with a brief case and refuses a philly. After pointless small talk I finally ask him to cut to the chase. I hear some sad sappy story said with pride and watch the video. It becomes abundantly clear what is in front of me. So now my former peer calls his boss which is another former peer, and straight out of the cheese salesmen handbook the guy answers the phone saying he is booking flights and getting ready to travel. I told him I would do research because it seemed to be a mix of time share and a pyramid scheme. I did my research and I am avoiding to invest. I suggest that anyone interested does there own research and go from there

• Kn
    knock on wood Jan 21, 2014

Wv is a really bad deal. I just payed 1800 dollars for a week in greece. 5 stars. Flight included for 4 people. The money I payed with was earned in this bad company in 3 months, 9th of oktober - 9th of january. Such a rippoff, concidering ive put a whole 6 hours a week into it. Now, being a carpenter and everything, and having 4 of the unhappy families joining us on the trip, that by the way would only cost 3400 on skyscanner and the hotels own booking (including a 30 % discount), i a SO ANGRY. THIS DOESNT WORK!!! Keep buying your tickets and vacations on the sites that can afford to advertize at the superbowl, and dont leave such responsabillity to badspelling carpenters like me.

knock on wood too much

Timmble Dec 27, 2013

There seems to be a lot of animosity towards a new concept that most people in this country don't seem to fully understand. The same thing happens with all revolutions that occur (Abolishment, Suffrage etc) in a country. The thing I find funny is that most people apply for a job or work for a job and there is only one position for them to fill, either because they don't have the proper connections or they where born poor. Regular jobs in America are shaped like The oh so popular "Pyramid scheme" with the boss at the top and the grunts regular people on the bottom. Unless you'r a truly outstanding or well off individual you will never get farther than that of a grunt (office worker). SO before you label something as a pyramid look at your position in the workplace.

• Su
    SuccessBound Dec 24, 2013

That's America... Everyone has an opinion.

LOOK!

This is what it comes down to. When you are young it is commonly accepted that there are people there for you, to care for you and help you learn and deal with experiences and situations in life. As you get older, something AMAZING happens ... And it's called... PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!

Not just in WV, but in life in general ... When you take action, something happens. And when you don't, nothing will. No brainer, [censored]

See ... I'm not going to prove my point or case with facts about the company etc etc. Because, there really is no need. SOME PEOPLE GET IT, SOME PEOPLE DON'T. Some people understand that their level of success depends on them. Some people take comfort (yes, I said it) in blaming others for their failures.

Like crabs in the barrel ... "If I fail, you can't succeed either". It's plain SELFISHNESS

There are people who started from NOTHING (a family to care for, with no home, no money, not even a pot to piss in) and had success, and yet the only people that complains and say "This doesn't work" are the same ones who had so much more with catalog of excuses longer than their reasons for making it work. There is obvious lack of passion. Great! Own up to it. But, don't kill the spirits of those reading your biased (yes, I said it) posts.

I am a Rep, yes. But, before that I have and always had an Entrepreneur's spirit and mentally. Worked since I was 13 Years Old, (LEGALLY & MORALLY) because I was always told that if I wanted something I would have to buy it with my own money. I learned PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY when I was at a very your age. Today, I am female, 27 years old, college educated (note this is free text, so I'm writing exactly how I feel like talking- thank you much), no children, own home, own car and much more (not going into details- the negative people will ironically call it boasting). But, the point is I acquired it on my own, especially when people told me I shouldn't and couldn't, I made the decision to take control. I made the decision to move forward. I made the decision to not end up like the young women of my generation who allowed themselves to take stock in the bull people were telling them.

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY is key to ANYONE's SUCCESS!
    Take ownership of the thing your supposed to be responsible for (YOUR LIFE, YOUR EXPERIENCES, YOUR SITUATIONS, YOUR CONDITIONS and turn it (if negative) into a positive way. You, BY DEFAULT, will take ownership of your SUCCESS and your excuses, your reasons for failure won't matter and innocent people won't be unjustly blamed.

Happy Holidays!

• Ju
    Julieta Woollard Dec 09, 2013

Hi,
    I was told to email these two email addresses to get my account cancelled, however i have not receive any response yet and I don't want my account to be charge again as I have lost money here already. Can someone in this company response to this request.

From: Woollard_Julieta
    Sent: 9 December 2013 2:40 PM
    To: '[email protected]'
    Subject: Cancellation of Account

Hi Support,
    My id number is [protected] and I joined on 09/11/2013.
    Name: Julieta Woollard
    I have only login once since I joined and could not get back to the back office ever since. I seek for assistance but with no success.
    I would like you to cancel my account, I have wasted my money on this and don’t want to see any payment taken out of my account.

Can you please respond to this email today, that would be appreciated.

I am not satisfied with your service and would love to be out of this business as soon as possible.

This is exact month on the business please cancel asap.

Regards,
    Julieta

From: Woollard_Julieta
    Sent: 9 December 2013 2:38 PM
    To: '[email protected]'
    Cc: [email protected]
    Subject: Cancellation of Account

Hi Support,
    My id number is [protected] and I joined on 09/11/2013.
    Name: Julieta Woollard

Can you please respond to this email today, that would be appreciated.

This is exact month on the business please cancel asap.

Regards,
    Julieta

• 2b
    2bh1337 Dec 08, 2013

To all the people bashing google search results... well I used Bing, Yahoo, Duck Duck Go... the list goes on.. I DEFY YOU TO NAME A LEGITAMATE PUBLIC WEBSITE SEARCH ENGINE THAT WILL NOT DISPLAY SIMILAR RESULTS. When one types in "WorldVentures" into ANY search engine and look at the words which desire to auto-fill the text field... "Pyramid Scheme" and "Multi-Level Marketing" are right up there with the Official Website! lol hey, I'll translate it into the only language you speak: "y u so stooped scahm ardestz?!?" O.o They always have to mention Mary Kay and similar companies, but the funny thing is.. all your little sister schemes you like to fall back on have better ratings with BBB than you! At least Mary Kay is credited... not to defend them, but damn.. if you're going to attempt to back it up at least use something original, every single one of you are brainwashed to use the same rebuttals. So really we only need ONE of your comments here, Admins should delete the rest since you all regurgitate the same phrases "wah wah, Mary Kay, " "teamwork dreamwork, " "you don't know what you don't know, " "mentored by millionaires" "wah wah google search results" It's kind of funny, you people complain MORE about Google than the children on YouTube... When you crash and burn, are you going to be WILLING TO COME BACK HERE and admit how wrong you were? I'll see you in the soup kitchens, where I'll be volunteering this holiday season...

• 2b
    2bh1337 Dec 08, 2013

I was approached by someone I have not seen in YEARS with this same thing, except for me

she linked a video. We never attended schools together as she is years younger than me and

related to a dear friend of mine, I didn't want to hurt her feeling for fear of

jeopardizing my friendship with her relative. I watched the video, hoping to help her meet

a views quota she mentioned, merely this and nothing more. Later that day, I received a

message (all of this was VIA Facebook) asking how I liked the video. I responded that I

thought it was cute seeing all those pictures of people with the blue sign, but was

critical about the marketing and heartstrings they attempted to pull in the video

testimonies. She responded that they were "real testimonies by real people". Already she

has been programmed to be a defense response rebuttal robot by this company. Trust me, I

have worked in sales, and also in telemarketing and I know a bonafide REBUTTAL when I hear

one. This is the entry where she linked it

Her: "Alright so go to vacationsooner.com and click on the giant pig in the middle and

you're golden. I'm all in on this thing and I'm really excited for it. So just watch with

an open mind and enjoy! I'll follow up around 1:15"

I had just gotten out of a cult, mind you so I've been completely analytical of

everything. And here I will post what little correspondence we had, you will also see my

sick sense of humor, I apologize if it grosses you out OP, but the language itself is not

foul.

Me: "now I want to photoshop a picture of a colonoscopy with the You Should Be Here

sign!!!"

Her: "Haha what? And I'm so sorry, it was a crazy day yesterday and I crashed out hard! I

usually do these presentations in person so I don't normally crash. Haha. So what did you

like best?...besides the little blue sign haha"

She obviously took it in a positive way (another rebuttal technique). So I decided to go

with it and see if I could draw some more information, and shortly after is where my

research began.

Me: "The testimonies were good, srsly not actors?? People having fun is nice in any

commercial, heartstrings are where it's at. Ppl crying because they're so happy, people

respond well to that sort of thing. The voice of the male almost made me stop watching

tho. Dull sound like Ben Stein, even when he tried sounding excited."

Her: "Haha well there has to be some balance. if the guy speaking was like rah in your

face it would turn a lot of ppl off. But yeah I know or have met more than half the ppl in

the video. The chick that was crying is from Brooklyn so when she says that she didn't

think something like this can happen to someone like her, she was talking about where she

came from. So yeah these are real ppl and real lives being affected. Its so cheesy, I

know, but we ARE changing lives."

At this point terms like "automated mailer daemon" "robot" and "zombie" come to mind. Is

this really the sweet little girl I used to know, that cracked me up with the silly voiced

she used to do as a kid? Well in zombie movies, people who call out to their undead loved

ones in refusal to admit that they have changed & run to them with open arms, are quickly

transformed into... guess what? OTHER ZOMBIES. So I decided to drop the communication on

the subjects, and only communicate via her personal photos (such as her new hairstyle). I

figured: as long as she doesn't bring it up again, and I don't have to see any more of it,

it's cool.

So, today she posted more of this pyramid-scheme related propaganda, on her timeline,

which showed up on my wall, at this point I had done some research of my own, I linked her

some articles from Consumer Reports, and Better Business Bureau, to which she had more

brainwashed rebuttals, especially since her posting said she was currently AT a seminar

with others involved in the scam. The photo was quoted "Getting mentored by a multi-

millionaire" featuring her standing next to one the co-owners.

Unfortunately, I had a similar experience with an ex-boyfriend of mine who was sucked into

the "Verve" health energy drink scandal. It is another pyramid scheme. You know it's bad

when you Bing the companies name and "Pyramid Scheme" is in the top phrases that wish to

auto-fill your search-bar...

They are taught to use companies like Mary Kay & Avon Cosmetics to back up their scam. The

only problem with that, being the fact that they are Better Business Bureau accredited,

while WorldVentures/DreamTrips IS NOT. And in their poor standing with the BBB.org have

had many complaints filed against them and never once resolved, or even attempted to

resolve the issues. You cannot argue with the Better Business Bureau... OR CAN YOU?

The next message from her came some time later (after advisement from her superiors no

doubt) about how she's "going to do" what she's "going to do", and that "the real people"

in her life "support" her. I'm sorry but I KNOW those people, and if they are supporting

it, they do not know enough about it.

And the ex-boyfriend who was talked into buying cases of Verve puke drink, tried to

brainwash me into buying cases of it too.

He really believed that he was going to work his way to the top and be rich like Master P,

or Bill Gates someday. They do brainwash indeed. It is sad that some people lack the

brains, or self awareness it takes to not fall into these things. When she is piss poor

and drowning in debt, if she is able to contact me through another (unblocked) Facebook

profile...

Like the great SHELDON COOPER, I will have to say "I INFORMED YOU THUSLY."

• Wv
    wvreptexas Oct 16, 2013

Bottom line bashers are people in three groups. #1 people that were in World Ventures and were told by their broke cousin this does not work and quit. #2 people hat bash and show this to people that are interested so they will join their own mlm. #3 people that don't like mlm or even know what that is. People that praise it are going to be in three groups. #1 successful reps and members. #2 New reps that just joined and found this site and want to defend the decision joining. #3 smart people. I am a member and a rep. I joined in December 2012. Before Jan 1st 2013 I made all my money back with with several hundred dollars. Today I am a Sr rep and couldn't be happier. Never done network marketing and this is not my main source of income. The value of the product is amazing. I don't know what the company was like in 2009, but in 2013 its awesome

• Le
    Legal E Aug 21, 2013

Today, I was solicited by one of these members, and as I listened to the explanation of how I had to sign up other people to receive commissions, I became very suspicious. The more she spoke, the more it sounded like the classic Pyramid Scheme I heard so much about in legal courses and AG seminars. So, I said I would like to take a day to think about it, and once they left, I made some calls and a couple of online legal searches. BEHOLD! NUMEROUS legal and business check services list it as a "pyramid scam" with a "twist", and while it is "technically" still legal, it is without a doubt a "modern day pyramid scheme" that ads the twist to give it a shade of "legal". Not yet done, I researched the company's past members, and behold, the VAST MAJORITY do not make much or any money, and the so-called trip discounts are complete bunk. By the time you pay the monthly fees, I could get all these trips through our current provider and FAR cheaper. BUYER BEWARE!!! I think it is only a matter of time before this is illegal and some state's AG office files charges.

jack123456 Jun 25, 2013

i wanted to cancel too but their phone simply no one answer

• Tr
    TRUTH100 Jun 07, 2013

honestly i see everyone writing about how this is a cult and a huge scam...i just signed up and I'm doing very well, but the thing that i see and don't agree with is how people who are representing world ventures are telling people who have a RIGHT to say they don't want to sign up losers. That's bad business period. I have told my friends about this and some have their reservations on it... One thing i don't do is push for a sale. My team leader always hates when i do that but as a person who truly likes to help people. I don't take comfort in getting over on people because of their excitement for a BMW n nice vacation packages. Good business always is dignified and tells the truth. The people who deal in those practices are bad entrepreneurs. My team leader was up my ### from the day she showed me the video. All in ma face everyday to sign up, i told my parents n they weren't sold on it but i had gotten fired n decided i have nothing to lose. it took me two weeks to sign up n here i am. One thing i don't want to do is to make a lot of noise by being a top earner that's when the ### starts. i will say don't sign people up and u do your own research . If your a real friend u will give people as much time as they need. ### i still have friends who just don't like it...I'm not in their face all day talking bout that. we are friends before business and definitely before world ventures. good business is to sign people and help them sign people expand every one's business, and have fun doing it...They're are teams who are real families who would call just to see if you were alright with your life and not world ventures. last but not least in business people will not always see the vision you have n honest business never lies and is patient at whatever cost cause then and only then would u attain true success in business and life people will always remember how u were patient and honest about something from the beginning. TEAMWORK and only TEAMWORK makes the DREAMWORK

• At
    Athinoula Hatziantoni Apr 29, 2013

I am canceling because of the cost and am not able to have the time to travel as much .My name is Yianna Ermogenous ID:#[protected]

MATTHEW5v16 Apr 25, 2013

Guys, come on. Just look at the company website and you will see how vague they are about their products. If they truly had great products they would ADVERTISE these products and give more detail. If the statements are true that you can get better deals on travel websites such as priceline, orbitz, etc why would you pay a monthly membership AND pay more money for WV trips? It doesnt make sense. The way this company is designed causes the people at the bottom to loose money. These simanars drive me crazy. I have a facebook friend who is always posting vague statuses like, "hey who wants to hang out with some really good minded people and have some fun and learn some new things". okay pal, right, i am going to come to one of your pyramid scheme meetings so you can sell me on a useless product you greedy lowlife. How about you be honest and tell people why you are really trying to get them to come to the meeting? post brochures, talk about the products list details like a normal advertising company would do instead of pressure selling people to sign up at these annoying meetings. I am not saying you cant make a living being a WV, but why sell your soul trying to make a living? Get a real job and stop trying to sign up your family members and friends for a completly unneccessary, useless service and grow up.

Tim Lambert Apr 05, 2013

Do it or don't do it. Either way, you alone are responsible for the decision. Our battle is NOT against flesh and blood. I have faith, and I trust that ALL things work together for good for those who love Him and live according to His purpose. 90% of His will for me is to be set apart, and people see that! AND, as promised, most don't like it because it convicts them. WV is a possible vehicle for some to grow personally as stated above somewhere. For others, a chance to make a couple of extra bucks to help buy back a little time to spend with what, and who, is really important to them. For some, a personal search engine with the guaranteed lowest prices on airfare and 1000 pre-bought trips to choose from at reduced rates and great treatment. For a few... to attain financial freedom. For the rest... stick with what God gave you to do! If you don't know what that is, find out what you're good at and do THAT! Most of the posts above are written by those of us who need to take a good, long look in the mirror and attempt to look that person in the eye (Including the pro-WV posters). God speed, ALL of you!

• Er
    Erinip Mar 17, 2013

I want to cancel my membership, please advise what should I do? Can I just send them an email, if so, what is the email address? If not, can I send a letter to the headquarter? Thank you,

• Ho
    hope00 Mar 05, 2013

World Venture is a huge JOKE! its like any other pyramid company out there! you pay a FEE to join then you have to recruit your four friends to get a free membership... then it starts all over again... those four friends now have to get their four friends in order for them to get a free membership...Does this sound familiar to anyone? so after you signed up you have to pay more money to travel for events that has nothing to do with the company... THE VIEW, MOMENTUM, super saturday...just to listen to ACTORS act about how to get out of your box...hmmmmm... This business won't get you RICH people!!! It won't save you money either!!! I won't sit here and tell you not to do it... I'll just simply say be ready to lose a $1000, 00 or more your first 3 months with all of the events that you have to attend and pay fees for... these people get paid $20 every time they recruit a new person! be careful and just go get a real job that you dont have to pay a fee for to start working :D this company won't last 20 years :D just keep all of your receipts for when they face the federal court like AMWAY/QUIXTAR you'll be able to get your money back ;)

• Mi
    Mia N Jan 27, 2013

these WV peeps sounds so brainwashed; they were yapping the same thing, using familiar phrases like, "Mary Kay, Avon, Sam's Club", "all you negative people", "Donald Trump, Warrent Buffet", etc etc... Like they're all a bunch of zombies with brains interconnected to each other, with united thinking. Gosh, what kind of training they've gone through? Brainwave Alignment? I don't wanna be like them. I'll just be happy working my 9-5 job and be free of this desperation to recruit.

• I dispise apathy Jan 23, 2013

@THEREALDEALONNETWORKMARKETING

I want to grab you by the collar and drag you back into English classes for grammar & punctuation lessons. Your message infuriates me.

Jasonhanjk Jan 23, 2013

@THEREALDEALONNETWORKMARKETING
    You're really a loser.
    Base on http://www.ftc.gov/os/comments/bizoppstaffreport/00010-57283.pdf from a government website. 99% of people will lose money in World Ventures. If you ever make money, it will be from the 99% of people you dub into this scheme.

In your own words, you are very lazy. Either you deserve to be flame by your friend or lose a lot of money. The reason is you did not check this company credibility.