WorldstridesUnethical Advertising

T

I have never been on a trip sponsored by Worldstrides and won't, based on their advertising practices. I received a frankly creepy call from a person stating that their child Eve was in my class and they needed to talk to me about her. I looked up the number he gave [protected]) which was different from the number on the caller ID [protected]) and found that many other people were receiving the same weird call and found it concerning enough to report it. I wasted planning time trying to find a parent who doesn't exist so that I could address a fictitious problem with a student who doesn't exist. If this is how they advertise, I want nothing to do with their trips.

• Tw
    twowheels2many Jun 06, 2016

Neither of those phone numbers connect with Worldstrides? Check out: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-877-382-0865
    Why is someone giving out and calling from Worldstrides numbers if "There is no way that call came from the company"?

• Sc
    Scienceteacher Apr 27, 2016

There is no way that call came from the company. Whatever teacher or parent was organizing the trip would be the first person I would be talking to about this.