Menu

reviews & complaints

World Education Services [WES] Complaints Summary

31 Resolved
239 Unresolved
Our verdict: With World Education Services [WES]'s very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for World Education Services [WES] has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of World Education Services [WES]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

World Education Services [WES] complaints 270

Sort by:

Newest World Education Services [WES] reviews & complaints

F
1:49 pm EST

World Education Services [WES] I didn't receive my report since March 2022

Dear,

I didn't receive my report since [protected]. It was mentioned that my report was sent to me but nothing received. I had sent to WES so many emails about it and every time WES are saying check your local mail carrier and my contact form and I have done all of that. I had visited my local mail carrier so many times and they need a proof of that at least a receipt or tracking number.

It has been almost 9months and I didn't receive the report?!

WES REF. #5426537

K
7:19 pm EST

World Education Services [WES] Can't access my order: complete and paid for

I have sent countless e-mails and called so many times. From the representatives I remember, I've spoken with Sierra, Elizabeth, Temana, Mandy.

I need to order two duplicates of my complete order. I went on my account and there's no option to order the duplicate, so I call and I'm oriented to "delete" this open application in my profile (which I don't recall starting), but there is no option to cancel that draft either. I call again, they advise me to send an e-mail to "cancelation", and explain that I need the "open application" to be deleted. I get a response saying that "they can delete my whole account, but then I can't never access it again, including my orders" (At this point I'm like, does anyone even READ these e-mails, or do they just sent automatic non personable responses?), I call again, the representative advise me to send another e-mail with better explanation. I do that, and I get as response that "the e-mail you created your profile is not the same, please login with the correct e-mail". I call back and I say that I never used a different e-mail, the representative informs what e-mail appears on file, and I tell her that I have NO KNOWLEDGE of that e-mail. She advise me to login, change my e-mail to an alternative e-mail and then change back and that should fix the problem. I did that, and on the next day I couldn't access my account anymore, with neither the official e-mail or the alternate.

I submit another e-mail informing that I can't login using the only e-mails I have, and the response back "You need to login using the e-mail on file". I mean, SERIOUSLY?!

I don't know what else to do, besides contacting a layer to figure this out. I have a deadline to register for the program I was intending to, and I'm going to lose it because WES won't let me have a duplicate of MY ORDER. It's a whole year of school and hard work for NOTHING.

Desired outcome: I just need TWO official duplicates of my order sent to my home. That's it.

X
9:32 pm EST

World Education Services [WES] WES evaluation

Beware of WES.

I sent my documents in April 2022. Then sent additional documents in November 10th 2022 to complete the set of documents required for evaluation. I also had to pay $50 extra for my account to be activated.

They still say they have not received all my documents. I wonder if I am supposed to cook more school certificates and send.

Please ask people to avoid WES completely.

That place is a con and a money minting organization, with very little intention of accomplishing any tasks.

Desired outcome: I just want my evaluation completed so that I can enroll for US CPA exam.

A
8:57 pm EST

World Education Services [WES] Refund

WES is such a scam and so unprofessional all the way from their IT system to their customer service.

I have requested an assessment only for my graduate school and get it sent to cpa ontario. However, their website also requested a transcript from a school I have never ever attended. After contacting their customer service, they told me to reach out to the recipient side and ask their to remove it in order to proceed since wes does not have authority to remove any documents.

So I reached out to the recipient, apparently they did are not involved the requested document lists, thus they did not remove anything. So based on the answer the customer service's answer, this order should never be proceeded.

Because of wes mistake on the documents and wrongful information provided by the customer service, the deadline has reached and I no longer needed this assessment. So I requested refund twice before the order went into 'in process'.

It is ridiculous that WES put my order into 'In process' 4 hours after I requested refund. I wonder how did they proceed an order when they were not supposed based on the missing documents.

WES kept refusing to proceed my refund request because they put my order into 'IN PROCESS'.

Their customer service supervisor is also very UNPROFESSIONAL and brush me off on solving the issue. I think WES itself has a 'scam' org culture, or they probably could have hired more professional individuals.

Desired outcome: They are completely ignoring the situation and pushing back with 'we cannot give you refund because it is 'in process'.

B
12:11 am EST

World Education Services [WES] Evaluating gpa in completely non consistent way

I had retained the services of WES to get my Indian education evaluated. People with same education (Bachelors degree) from same institution/university, same time duration [protected]) have obtained the different assessment from WES.

When I asked WES, WES has confirmed that certain policy changes have led WES to conclude two degrees/education differently (though those two degree holders have attended same course and took same exam to pass the coursework during same years).

So now when WES is saying they have processed my report with 3.2 GPA (with 67% Indian percentage) because they have used new policies/scale compared to my peer who used to be my batchmate they were given GPA 3.7 (with 63% Indian percentage) where WES has used old policies.

WES reports do not expire so my peers/classmates who were issued WES reports as per old policies are at greater advantage (as they got their GPA assessment very differently than me) when applying to North America for higher studies.

And this procedural inconsistencies of WES leaves me at great great disadvantage as my classmates are competing with me in the admission cycle in USA.

Desired outcome: My GPA needs to be revised/ecalculated in a way it is done for my class mates/fellowmates/batchmates

W
11:04 am EST

World Education Services [WES] wes

I applied and paid for an evaluation to be delivered overnight from November 7 2022 and today is November 11 2022 and my document has not been processed or sent to the institution. I called WES everyday to check up and they telling me the matter has been escalated.i called today november 11,2022 and the so called supervisor said that they do not know when the document will be ready and that they are having technical difficulties in the documentation department. This organisation is unprofessional in all aspect. I would never wish for my worst enemy to use them. There are other evaluation companies. I have never gone out my way to lleave bad reviews towards a company. The mere fact that i am doing this really tells what i am going through. The staffs are not customer eccentric. People i have wasted my time and money so please do not waste yours. They cant deliver in a timely manner. Who have ears to hear, let them hear

Update by WES the worst
Nov 11, 2022 11:11 am EST

the bad reviews really outweighs the good ones. This organization is not as it seems.obviously it needs some revamp to its department and staff

8:32 am EST

World Education Services [WES] Delayed Report

I applied for WES services in march 2022.

I found my account inactive on 9/9/2022, with no feedback, and no report sent to the address wondering what to do after such a period of waiting.

kindly why do you ask for money for the activation of my account before I could even receive an evaluation report that was paid in march during the application?

Damalie Twinomugisha

damalie.[protected]@gmail.com

WES No.

Reference Number: 5456401

Evaluation Type: Course-by-Course Evaluation (ICAP) - Initial Application

Desired outcome: I need a final evaluation report for my employment and migration timely

P
6:02 am EDT

World Education Services [WES] WES evaluation is a scam

My school has submitted all the documents needed electronically last August, and WES has claimed they have not received the documents. I have used the webform and contacted them, asking them to double check their system, but over and over again they only gave generic copy and paste answers, asking me to wait for a result.

Fast forward a year later, nothing has been resolved yet, and WES has frozen my account and asked me to pay CAD50 more in order to reactivate my account.

I have contacted them twice on the webform asking them to check my files, and this is unfair, and that I need an email address to escalate this and write a complaint letter to the management.

However twice, I only got a generic copy and paste answer asking me to pay for another CAD50 to reactivate account.

This is a complete scam and WES done nothing to resolve any problems at all. Whenever I contact them, it's just generic copy and paste answer. They never have actual communications between customers and departments.

R
11:17 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

World Education Services [WES] About my evaluation report delivery.

Hi! It's been more than 2 months but I haven't got my report. I am very tried of calling WES and taking follow ups. Now they are saying I have to send again my mailing address and they will send again and it will take more 30 business days.

I have paid for standard delivery and according to them it does not have trackage details. I am not going pay any extra money now. Please give tracking details or exact date when it will be deliver. Sorry to say but WES are providing poor services. It's been a headache now constantly calling WES and asking. It doesn't have an proper email-id also where I can send them a complaint or have a conversation. I really need it for submitting to my university.

4:41 am EDT

World Education Services [WES] College closed

Hi ,

Could you please let me know what is the procedure to get education assessed if college has been closed.

I am living in Sydney ( Australia) and i have done advanced diploma in hospitality management and i have been to many places to get my WES done but unfortunately immigration agents told me i cannot be assessed if the college is closed .

You have to study again .

There must be other options or other requirements via WED can assess my qualifications.

Please advise me what should i do ….

What other sort of document requires to get education assessed to fulfil the requirements?

Regards

4:27 am EDT

World Education Services [WES] Regarding WES ECA process

PLEASE DO NOT GO FOR WES FOR YOUR ECA PROCESS. SUCH A WORST ORGANIZATION.

I had applied for ECA from WES in Jan 2020, its been almost more than 2 and half years and I still not received my ECA report. Due to Covid most of the Universities and colleges were closed hence it was difficult for me to arrange all the transcripts and send it to WES and then later getting it verified from them. Out of all the 6 required documents, somehow I managed to send and verified 5 documents and just one document, post graduate transcript was pending to be sent. Although, I had sent all the 6 requested documents but they said they did not receive my PG transcripts (First of all, all the verification process should be done by WES only, why applicants are required to do the verification as well which ultimately results in delay.) I did everything what WES asked me to do. My post graduate transcript was sent twice but they saying they did not receive it. I tried to contact them multiple time but they did not respond at all.

I was going through all these then suddenly I saw they deactivated my account and asked me to pay $50 for activation. I did pay for that as well and started working on sending the pending document but again I received an email from them asking they need to verify all the 5 documents again, which were verified and accepted previously. I was already going through so much and I cannot tell how I felt when I saw the current status updated in my WES account. I felt like giving my head into the wall, their services are so annoying and rubbish that do not co-operate at all and make the whole process very difficult for applicants. I asked them that when out of 6 required documents, 5 documents were already accepted then why you need them to verify again I did spend lots of my money and effort and getting those verified but they did not respond yet. Their services are very pathetic. I do not recommend anyone to go for WES. Choose any other institute, believe me if someone advise you to go for WE because WES takes less time comparatively then trust me it’s all lie, they will end up taking more time as compared to others as they have made their process very difficult.

Desired outcome: Nothing

B
6:36 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

World Education Services [WES] Course by Course Evaluation Service not provided after taking payment of 374 $

I applied for Course by Course Evaluation with WES on 25 July 2022.Documents were mailed by the University directly by DHL Express as well as electronically submitted both Universities Degree at the same time.They confirmed that Documents were received in order and accepted by WES with estimate date of completion 22 August 2022.All of sudden they put my status on Hold waiting for further information while my batch mate from same PhD program of IICUT was Approved on 25 August 2022 and 2nd batchmate was Approved on 29 August 2022 with same Degree certificate,transcript and bonafide certificate.Bonafide Certificate from each University had detail research work publication and thesis completed for each Doctor Degree program.They didn't bother to read same before sending further query.It has been complete deception service.They need to either refund the payment or complete the Evaluation as requested.WES Ref 5613252 Everything with my submission has been perfect and in order.I have received approval from other NACES and AICE Evaluation for same programs .My colleague batchmates were approved from same University program same day when I had to undergo mental torture by WES team. as attachment shows.

Desired outcome: Either complete the Evaluation as requested or Refund the payment if unable to provide the service.

View 0 more photos

It was resolved finally after making me wait for the same.

S
2:40 pm EDT

World Education Services [WES] Asked for a Education credit Evaluation

I register for credit evaluation aroung 5th Jan 2022 and even as of today i didnt received my evaluation reports as they are still waiting on update from university and then they deactivate my account which i was not aware of .

Now after communicating with customer care ,they are suggesting me to reactivate with $50 . I am just wondering as far as on my side i submitted the documents on time , if internally they are not able to get response from college or university ,how could i help them in that time line...

I requested them , please waived off that and give me the evaluation report .

but they said "No"

Really Big question , Do I really need WES evaluation now ...after waiting 8 months .

Where I am at fault ,if process is taking more than 180 days , may be they must change the registration time from 180 days validity to 365 days atleast ...

I am expecting a cooperation from them ,But they really disppointed me...

Desired outcome: Looking for my credit evalution report .

A
12:03 pm EDT

World Education Services [WES] Delivery of evaluation report

It's been more than 6 months and I still haven't received my Evaluation Report. The Customer service is of no service really, especially in giving details about when or where my report is. I get no update on when I will receive my document, no one from the company is helpful.

Desired outcome: I'd appreciate it if I can get my evaluation report as I need it and would like someone from the company to get in touch with me.

J
10:04 am EDT

World Education Services [WES] WES duplicate report

I applied a duplicate report service, and received email asking me to complete my information about phone number. The introduction and description is misleading as shown in picture. There is no category called "phone number".

I updated my phone number in my account system and notice them by contact them under a different category. No response received from them, the status is still on hold several days after. It is a duplicate report, they have all information in the system. I chose delivery method as demestic 2nd day. Really do not know what to say about it. Terrible service!

S
6:24 am EDT

World Education Services [WES] Credentials' evaluation

Hi

Dear sir, It is very sad to mention that it's been almost 110 days since my complete documents are received by WES. My application status was updated on 29/03/2022 to "We are analyzing and evaluating your document(s)" But WES evaluators are still unable to evaluate my credentials.

I requested them on every forum (Email, Contact Us, Twitter) but it happened to no purpose. I asked them several times that, did I sent degrees from some other planet that they are unable to comprehend? To my surprise, I found the WES concerned staff as extremely senseless and unprofessional with no ethics, no morality, and no customer care. I'm highly disappointed.

The official Website mentions that it only takes 7 business days to evaluate the documents once received in full and in the specified way. But I don't know why are they delaying mine. almost a dozen of my friends put their documents on hold or opted for other options while looking me suffering from tension and frustration due to WES.

I asked again and again to please let me know frankly if WES have lost my documents or if you people are unable to evaluate my documents. No one is solving my issue even after sending my query 7-8 times to the concerned.

Again, it is very sad that after keeping me in tension for more than three months you people are still unable to process or update my application status or have no logical explanations for the delays.

I strongly condemn this inefficiency of WES as a system and the unprofessional attitude of the staff concerned. I want my documents to be processed as soon as possible. I already have suffered a lot because of the delays and missed important multiple opportunities in the meantime.

Midway, when I sked them in frustration to cancel my application and return me the dues paid, they cancelled it no time without apologising and giving any explanation or excuse for the unintended delays, if any. I’m honestly got surprised, and shocked with this. Don’t you people believe in customer care and addressing complaints if any? How does your system allow you to mentally torture your clients and take revenge brutally if they question you about an issue or a matter related to the services you offer them? Does your system deny their right to ask you about an update? I’m highly disappointed with this.

I received an email reply 2 weeks back but without any change to my application status even till now. Can you pl just explain to me the issue that WES is facing with my evaluation? Let's be honest, if WES can be. Are my documents displaced? or There are some qualifications that the WES evaluators feel are impossible to convert to any of the acceptable/compatible WE qualifications. or Do you really think my credential evaluation should be hold longer without any deadlines and without any logical reasons...

Still, I'm expecting no progress on my case but to wait, and curse the fraudulent system of WES. I can only say this, nothing more nothing less.

Desired outcome: I want my credentials to be evaluated as soon as possible with a compensation if the Board feels that I truly suffered because of the fault on WES side.

View 0 more photos

Finally, I got my Qualification Credentials evaluated by WES.

C
1:12 pm EDT

World Education Services [WES] payment

hi,please im trying to make payments through debits card but its too no avail

kindly assit me to help my certificate evaluated,it keeps telling me error

Desired outcome: assit me to make payments

M
11:22 am EDT

World Education Services [WES] Service

I am waiting for my documents more than 2 months, they dont have any clue why my documents are lost, and I did not receive a proper answer. And, now I have to pay for they send my files, when they have fault to lost my papers.

Desired outcome: I would like they do not charge extra, and apologies.

Update by mauricio dimate
Jun 07, 2022 11:22 am EDT

R
7:57 am EDT

World Education Services [WES] University Verification for WES

Hello,

I would like to know that the degree I took from Mahamaya Technical University Uttar Pradesh-India, could be considered valid for WES or Not

I
10:08 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

World Education Services [WES] Course By Course Évaluation (ICAP)

This is the first time that I am so revolted against a company, they are not only incompetent but also they do not respect their deadlines.

After wasting a lot of time trying to explain to them why I couldn't provide them with a phantom document, I was finally able to get a copy of the document sent by WES from the university for translation.

It took me more than 4 months to get and send them my High School Diploma in My country where the administration is a real hell, especially when dealing with the ministries.

I finally received confirmation that all my documents had been received and a completion date of April 29th, which seemed a little short, considering the deadlines of the university where I plan to apply. I called the customer service to see if it was possible to pay extra for a faster processing, I was told no.

And I'm waiting like an idiot for the fateful date, and you know what?

It's May 3rd and they haven't delivered my evaluation as promised. At the customer service a lady told me in a particularly cold tone that the date was only an estimate! Not only do they take the piss out of me, but they send me to the cleaners after a bill of more than $300, not to mention the costs incurred to send the documents.

So I'm going to miss an opportunity to go to college because I had the misfortune of choosing this company!

I hate you guys!

Desired outcome: If I miss my first day of school I don't care about your evaluation, give me my money back! This is organized theft, a pure swindle.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

World Education Services [WES] contacts