Work Out World β€” Impossible to cancel membership

I still can not cancel my membership for the third month even though I moved out of NJ. The new in my complaint this time is that after I contacted the fitness center to ask why they have not canceled, I was told that because I did send them an agreement letter and not the actual contract or utility bill. Fine, I sent them back the utility bill with my new address. Today I received a letter from the Gym stating that I can not cancel because there is a gym within 25 miles from my new residency in NC and they gave me the direction and a phone number without the name of the Gym . Surprisingly enough when I called that number, it was totally a different Gym that has no affiliation with any other Gym, and they did not even know that Work Out World exist.I called back the Gym, and guess what they told me that I have one more month to pay.

• Mz
    Mzglitz15 Jul 27, 2009

ABC Financial/ Work Out World are a bunch of money hungry scam astists. I was notified through the mail that my membership was going to expire in May 2009. I promptly contacted the gym manager got my cancelation notice and faxed it along with my 30 day notice back in April. So why is it July 27 and they are still deducting $$$ from my account??? Buyer be ware do not sign up for any services from ABC Financial or Work Out World.

• Vi
    Vivienk Mar 21, 2011

Tried to cancel membership to WOW due to acceptance to medical school out of state. Paid them till end of year anyway and they said it was cancelled. We also went on computer not once but twice to cancel and called them at years end to be sure it was cancelled. Was told yes it is cancelled in computer. So for 3 months we thought we were cancelled until we get a bill for $146 for 3 mos. in 2011. called WOW and was told it was cancelled in computer but somehow it didn't go thru (what?) I was told sorry, can't do anything and managers are all busy and no call back. Sent them e-mail again explaining and get one back saying sorry but if you don't pay, we will put it thru collections AND by the way you were to send it certified and registered mail also. They will not listen, cooperate or help. I really want to see them go out of business. I believe they are scaming people. By the way the person that they are scamming is my 70 yr. old grandmother who was in contact with them and who paid my membership and they know this also. There is no reasoning or reaching them. They have a hundred phone numbers and you can't reach a live person.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices