Wine.comShame on Wine.com

A

I thought it would be nice to have good wines for Thanksgiving -- so I ordered two cases of wine to be delivered to my sister-in-law's house in Wisconsin. I ordered them on 11/16 and paid for second day UPS delivery. Imagine my surprise when I arrived today and discovered they would not be delivered until Friday, not useful for Thanksgiving consumption. I was offered the lame excuse that Superstorm Sandy had damaged Wine.com's NJ warehouse. While I am sympathetic -- I living in New York - Wine.com should not be accepting orders they can fulfill, particularly around the holidays. What did Wine.com offer as compensation? A $20 gift certificate. the should print it out and use it to start a fire under their Yule Log in December. Shame on Wine.com.