WinCo FoodsEmployment

W Feb 28, 2020

I started on Nov 5th 2019 as a Janitor just to get my foot in the door. After 2 weeks they asked if I wanted to move to Sanitation cause one of the employees got hurt and would be out for awhile. So I said yes!! I loved it!!! After 3 months of being in Sanitation they decided to change our shifts from 10hrs to 8 hrs and to change the shifts by senority. So that ment I was the last one hired so I pretty much had to take what they gave me. But before I took both these jobs my bosses knew me and my husband was Youth Pastors at our church and I couldn't work Sunday mornings! So I get called in my bosses office it was the assistant manager and the Sanitation manager . They gave me 2 options both working on Sunday. I told them I couldn't do that. I told them how important it was to me to be a Youth Pastor. So they basically told me I had to or put my notice in. So that's what I did. They treated me like I was nothing at all to the company!! So I put my notice in not really wanting to cause I enjoyed what I was doing! Well a day went by and I got called in the office again this time with the Assistant Manager and another manager. This time he was like a different person talking about how good of a worker I was and how they didn't want to loose me but they wanted to move me back to being a janitor just because I couldn't work Sunday mornings! Well at first I said ok cause I really enjoyed working for this company. But the more I thought about it it wasn't fair!! I told my boss I could come in later on Sundays. I would even work overnights. But instead they wanted me to clean toilets again like they was punishing me for not being able to work Sunday mornings!! I ended up quitting because how they treated me! I hope no other employee has to go threw this!!