Whole Foods Marketviolent cashier

Yesterday I took my family into Wholefoods for lunch.
We'd had a lovely (rare) sunny day in Seattle & went for a walk in our local city park & botanical gardens.
Then went to Wholefoods (as often we'd done, but will never do again)

I was verbally accosted by a 300 pound woman with a huge pile of fire engine red dread locks piled on top of her head.
The only reason I make mention of her appearance is because she appeared to be extremely scary to myself & my family as she stood there behind her scanner & cash register, frothing at her mouth, with her large nostrils flaring in anger & disgust for myself & my family...

She'd been set off my son's 6 year old son having a cookie, as is the usual 'treat' they've given him since he was a baby... she was angry because I didn't know their story protocol in so far as to how I should report it to her.
I'd said it was a cookie from the bakery, (as I always have) which they'd given to my youngest child.

She flew into a rage and was so angry and alarming towards me, that i was in fear that she would reach across the counter and attempt to slap me.
(Luckily she'd has trouble doing so as she appeared slothy and lethargic...)

In any case, after having spent $70.00 on salad bar food. As my family ate quietly, & still in shock about this horrible experience.
I went up to the "Guest Service" desk and requested the name of the Manager, only to find the person there had a complete lack of affectation for what my family & I'd experienced & gave me this benign answer, then slithered away eluding that she was disinterested in my problem with the customer service or complete lack there of...

What a bunch of gross mean people there!
One would think that if they are able to get away with charging nearly $100.00 for salad, they would at least 'pretend to be nice' in public...

BOYCOTT WHOLEFOODS!!!

lalamel Jan 11, 2012

How did a salad go from 70.00 to a 100.00. That's quite a statement but you are trying to get your angry point across. Your angry with one employee and state the only reason why you are judging her is because she was so angry but yet at the end you say that everyone at the store is gross and mean. This whole complaint tells a lot about you. That is why no one is on your side lady.

• Qu
    Quinton Floyd Aug 09, 2011

I agree with W84NO1. Failing to report this to corporate headquarters makes you an accomplice IMO. You make it sound like she was just doing what they trained her to do!
    It looks like most others aren’t buying your BS either.

larrythecableguy Jul 18, 2011

I'm sure you're blowing this out of proportion, and are probably just looking to get mad at somebody. Why can't you just enjoy life instead of finding people to get angry at. You're completely nuts.

larrythecableguy Jul 18, 2011

I can't believe you admit to taking candy, eating some, and then throwing it away. But you still deny stealing. You trashed a product, and it can no longer be sold to anybody. At the end of the day Whole Foods Market is a grocery store and needs to make money to pay it's employees.

• Ro
    RobRoy25 Jul 11, 2011

I sympathise with you. I've found that they (employee's) either like you, or they do not like you. Whole Foods is a big "Clique" They hire based on whether or not you fit into this "Clique". I don't look up to people that discriminate. This is simular to the Hooters controversy, as they only hire big busted women, that weigh under 135 lbs.

Whole Foods only hires people that fit into the "Community Market, hippie" image.

• W8
    W84NO1 Dec 12, 2010

It is sad that you post a comment saying to boycott WFM for one cashier's inappropriate behavior. If I was to boycott all the places that a worker has been rude I would never be able to leave the house. You should have spoken with the store leadership. I promise you they would have taken care of the situation. I have been a Whole Foods Market employee for over 5 years and realize that not everyone is a great employee but that should not reflect on the Organization as a whole.

JAPPLESEED Apr 19, 2010

Whole Foods is usually pretty good at dealing with customer complaints. I wouldn't stop shopping there because of a couple of bad apples. If you asked for the store team leader, he would have taken care of the problem immediately.

jamie121185 Apr 19, 2010

WOW, I def. will NOT be going there any time soon, I'll spread the word also