Whiskey River Harley Davidsonover charging prep. and freight

B

I purchased a 2012 FLHTCU in NOV of 2011. Whiskey River Harley Davidson tried to stick me with a $1500 fee for qualifying for a promotion. The salesman failed to mentioned this. I found it on the contract 2 days later. Also, a backrest was to be thrown in, but I was charged for it as well as the labor to install the 'free' accessory. After confronting WRHD, they wrote another contract. This time, I was charged a Dealer Preparation fee of $695.00 and a Freight fee of $795.00. After some research online, contacting multiple HD dealerships and a phone call to HD, I was told their Freight is $380 per touring bike... Period. Wow! I was overcharged $415.00 for Freight and also a Dealer Prep. fee. Guess what else my research found? HD doesn't charge a Dealer Prep fee! Imagine that. I don't mind paying the $380.00 freight, but $795.00? That's not friendly business practices. I had a phone conversation with the GM and a salesman, who after 10 minutes of talking, said I was nitpicking. I quote the salesman, "Most people are happy to just to get a Harley".

I will continue to speak out about this bad experience, and warn people to look out for over charge fees. I called 3 other dealerships and 2 of the 3 said they would NOT charge a Prep or Freight fee and sell the same bike at below MSRP. ($21400.00) The 3rd dealership said the Dealer Prep fee was $195.00 plus Freight of $380.00, the same price HD charges ALL dealers.

Anyone looking to purchase a new bike, please read the contract, and ask questions! WRHD charged more than double the Freight and the Dealer Prep fee. Most HD dealers will waive that fee. If not, the fee will not be over $300.00. Shame on WRHD. HD owners look out for each other and news of bad experiences within the HD community travel fast.
UPDATE Visit www.Complaintboard.com (Harley Davidson Motorcycles, Texarkana, Texas)