Whirlpool Corpmicrowave

I purchased a Whirlpool microwave late 2008 and in early 2010 the unit began arcing into the door, burning a hole in the door and the unit. Whirlpool were recalling other models of their microwaves at the time for fire hazard, which obviously frightened me. After fighting with Whirlpool customer "service" for a couple weeks, they finally agreed to replace the microwave, which took some more weeks, in March 2010. Around January 24th this "new" microwave literally just stopped working. A code displayed on the unit telling me to call for service, which I did. Whirlpool arranged for a "higher level" tech to come out as we had already had problems with Whirlpool, and although WP did not follow through on sending me email confirmation AND gave the tech company my OLD phone number, they came out on Jan. 28th. The tech was here no more than 10 minutes total - and ordered an inverter and a magtube saying that it was usually either of these two out of three possible parts. He told me the parts could take 5-10 business days to come, but they were going to "ask Whirlpool to put a rush on it" seeing as this is the second WP microwave problem we have had. He also told me this was a tricky job, which caused me concern that the microwave only had 2 months left on the warranty. So, I contacted WP customer "service" to relay my concern that what if 3 months go by and I experience more issues but then the unit is out of warranty. The rep offered to extend the warranty by 6 months - better but I still forsee a problem. As I had not heard anything from anyone by Feb 16th, I contacted WP executive office and spoke to Yvette McCoy, who was very apologetic and took my details promising to look into what was going on and call me back. Today is Feb. 23rd and guess what ? Still nothing from WP, Yvette or the tech company. Yet again I have been without a microwave for a month and actually had to ask a friend to bring one with them for a party I had previously arranged ! This is absolutely unacceptable, and I think at this point I would like WP to refund the value of a new microwave so that I may purchase a different brand.

• Whirlpool's response · Apr 09, 2012

Hi Ploidexs. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your microwave. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.