Weathershield WindowsDoes not stand behind warranty

A

My home was built 10 years ago and my builder recommended Weathershield windows. We purchased one of their higher quality wood clad line of windows with a special factory paint finish. The paint finish warranty is for 10 years and the seal 20. Our windows started rotting and leaking 4 years ago. I reported it to Weathershield and have gotten now where. They told me that the rot was due to a lack of maintenance. A window with a paint finish that is warrantied for 10 years shouldn't require any special maintenance after 6 years nor should it begin rotting. I think that the Shield family and Weathershield is not interested in standing behind their product, their only interest is to sale windows. Their customer service is non-existent. I'm still fighting with them to stand behind the warranty but it seems I'm going to have to choose another window manufacturer and buy new window to replace these young windows.

Andre Walker

Does not stand behind warranty

• Un
    Unhappy contractor Mar 05, 2018

Would not answer my calls too!

• Ki
    kietie Mar 05, 2018

We build our home in 2012, installed Weather Shield windows. The windows are double hung, aluminum clad. Side note: we also installed a air flow system so we did not experience moisture collecting on the windows (excessive interior moisture is one of their first lines of defense).

That being said, last fall we had a window seal failure that turned the wood interior black. Weather shield will not stand behind their product failure. We also installed Weather Shield doors, one of which was incorrectly assembled; the interior side of the glass was facing the exterior. When the tech replaced the window panel, numerous interior fixtures were missing .

Based on my personal experience, Weather Shield has not improved or remedied their poor workmanship or quality control issues that were mentioned on this forum.

• Ro
    Rotting wood May 08, 2010

Bought the best they had to offer...true divided lights with the ploy finish. Fighting for 6 years with customer service and rep showed up this week for the first time to tell me the warranty is up. Window are rotten to the core. Sills and brick mold have rotted away. Many glass areas have failed.
    Will joint a class action suit.

• Un
    Unhappy contractor Jan 05, 2010

Having the same problem. Weather Shield deaf to our calls. Dealer cannot get them to
    see or fix. Company should be investigated.
    They said finish is fine but they don't stand behind the wood!!!
    Total rip off.