Waste Management [WM]Missed trash / recycling bin pick ups

J Nov 28, 2020

My Recycling Bin was scheduled for pick this past Tuesday, November 24, 2020 (bi-weekly service).

I called November 25, but for some reason the phone disconnected just past 5pm (therefore, I missed an opportunity to have them come out and pick up the Recycyling Bin).

I called again at 10:00 am, Friday, November 27, my phone was disconnected AGAIN. I called back at 10:20 am, and spoke to a second representative. He told me that the first representative did NOT schedule an appointment to have my Recycling Bin service. So, the second representative made one.

I also asked, if Waste Management personnel had MISSED the whole neighborhood — Why do EACH homeowner have to call in individually to have it serviced (it would seem to be the proper was to just send out one to collect the WHOLE neighborhood that had been missed). He said, it's their policy.

I ask when will my Recycling Bin be picked up. He replied, it'll be today before 6pm, or next Monday. I asked to speak to a Supervisor as I was not satisfy by his answer. He placed me on hold for about 25 minutes before it was transferred. I stayed on the phone, after it was transferred, and kept holding as the phone rang for another 20 minutes (no one picked up) before I hung up.

I called back a third time to inquired when my Recycling Bin will be serviced. This representative told me that it will be serviced by the end of today (Friday, November 27, 2020).

My Recycling Bin is still sitting out by the curb at the time of this email. I called Waste Management again (800-423-9986) to check and see what happened yesterday. I called the above number and selected the proper numbers to get to an automated answering service. The voice stated that according to my telephone, they were able to determined that my Recycling Bin had been picked up at 7:03pm, Friday, November 27, 2020.

I would not be filing this complaint, had that been true, as stated before... my Recycling Bin is still full and had NOT been serviced at the time of writing this email (Saturday, 3:48pm PST, November 28, 2020).

Please understand, I rather spend my time enjoying life and doing other things than to write this email to complain about a business who simply DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT CUSTOMER'S REQUESTS.

Missed trash / recycling bin pick ups

RESOLVED

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Dec 01, 2020

December 1, 2020

Dear Jimmy,
    I apologize that you experienced issues with service and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We attempted to reach you to confirm that our driver returned to service. We will follow up with the account for the next month to ensure there are no further issues. Again, please accept our apologies for the frustration caused by this situation.
    Should you have questions or concerns regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with me at [email protected] or by phone at [protected] option 3.

Very Respectfully,
    Jeanne D.
    Customer Experience Agent- WM Cares

• Waste Management [WM]'s response · Nov 30, 2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We strive to provide an excellent experience for all our customers, so I am very disappointed to see this wasn't the case with you. Please email us at [email protected] (Subject: Complaints Board) with your complete address and a copy of your post, so we can assist. Hope to hear from you soon!