VRBO #300483owner refusal refund deposit & payment

Owner, AAALuxuryVillas, LLC refuses to pay deposit and balance payment check after double-booking rental property VRBO #300483. I inquire about my vacation rental check-in procedures but the owner claimed that she received my rental payment late and booked it to someone else. The owner cashed my deposit but reserved it to someone else. She now refuses to provide a refund of my deposit and payment. She verbally agreed to pay me back but then has not replied to my e-mail to confirm to payment. Rental agreement states that full refund will be provided if booked to someone else due to a cancellation. NOTE: I did not cancel! The owner mistakenly double booked but still wants to keep my deposit.

Still waiting for my refund!!! Note: AAALuxuryVillas which rents out other properties in Orlando through VRBO has had other complaints with Better Business Bureau.

• Li
    lilian AAAluxuryvillas Sep 26, 2012

Here is the owner and AAALuxuryvillas reply:

After I got the security deposit from the customer on April 26, I emailed her on April 27 that since it was less than 8 weeks prior to her arrival, the full payment was due and asked her to send the full payment as soon as possible .

I didn't got any reply back from the customer until May 29, more than a month later, which was about the time I got her $405 cashier check, not full payment of $705. Please remember her vacation dates was June 9 to June 16. The date I received her partial payment is far beyond the date I request my customers to make the full payment, which is treated as customer cancellation.

She didn't feel sorry not to reply right back to me, not make full payment in mail, but questioned why I received it so late. In the phone call, she said she mailed it out on April 30 and her cashier check was made on April 30, but from the post mark it was mailed out on May 14 5PM. The customer mailed out more than 2 weeks later after my emailed her to request to make the full payment as soon as possible.

Based on my cancellation policy, I refunded her deposit and and the portion of the rent recovered.

Below is the vrbo representive's replies:
    We appreciate your prompt response. We have made thorough notes of your comments and explanation of this unfortunate situation. We are grateful for your cooperation in resolving this issue.

This is Chris in the U.S. Trust & Security department with VRBO®, HomeAway®, and VacationRentals™. Thank you for your response, we have marked this complaint as "resolved". We appreciate your cooperation and understanding, and wish you the best for your future rentals.