Visions ElectronicsNot honoring the 5 year warranty of a tv I bought on sept 27, 2017

E Feb 15, 2020

Hello, I am a retired person who bought a Samsung tv(40" UHD smart LED ) from Visions Electronics from your Heartland store on Sept. 27, 2017. At the time your salesperson talked me into buying your 5 year warranty plan and he explained how good it was. I bought this plan and now it seems it is a useless plan.

I was watching tv on Sunday Jan. 12, 2020 until about midnight and everything was working well. On Monday Jan.13. I tried to turn on the tv but nothing happened. It would not turn on. That afternoon I brought it to the Visions store in Heartland where I bought it. Today I called Visions to get an update to see what was going on.
(I have been calling weekly to see what the status of the tv was with no real idea what the problem was) Today I called and they told me that the tv could not be fixed and the warranty would not be valid because there was physical damage to the tv. They could not give me any details on what this physical damage was. This tv has been on my wall unit from the day I bought it. I was not responsible for whatever damage they claim happened to this tv. I feel that I should get a new tv from you or Samsung especially after paying $220 for a warranty that should cover a tv that does not work after less than 3 years and that I was assured would be covered for this kind of problem.
I am sure that you should be able to resolve this problem as quickly as possible so that I can watch tv in the comfort of my living room at NO COST to me.
I have bought other items from your store and I have recommended you to many people. I would like to remain a future customer. Please resolve this as quickly as possible.
I spoke to a representative on FEb 14 after sending the above e-mail. He basically called me a liar and said that I physically broke the tv and was trying to scam them. I live in a condo with my wife and the tv has been on my wall unit since I bought it!!I have a service order saying that there was no visible physical damage to the tv. THe rep said that there was visible damage. Somebody on their end dropped it and is not taking responsibility!!

• Me
    Mel Robert Sep 17, 2020

Having read these reviews, and with what we are going through with visions over warranty claim avoidance, I am immensely horrified at the arrogant manner and approach of Visions towards well meaning customers, and whta we got ourselves into by going there.

I think is time someone took the pains to sue for negligence. Writing review only won't hurt them or shake them up. I am prepared to travel this journey no matter what it takes. But please help sound a word of caution to prospective and unsuspecting buyers at Vision who are in your circle of influence. If you feel the same, kindly contact me on e mail at [protected]@gmail.com.

Have a good day!
    Mel

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices