Visions ElectronicsCustomer service from staff and management

A Dec 15, 2019 Review updated:

On November 3, 2019 I went to Visions to buy a Samsung 65" QN65Q60R, but left with a Samsung 65" QN65QDR. Sales person said it was a much better TV then the QN65Q60R and was made only for them. I told the sales person with that TV I would not be able to price match with other stores. The TV was a little more in price but sales person would give me it for the same price and price match if price dropped. About a week later the QN65Q60R went down in price. Went back to Visions ready to exchange the TV but they gave me a reduction in price instead. I took the price reduction but should of exchanged the TV. The QN65Q60R went down in price again. Went back to Visions about this and was talking to the Manager Steven (Dec 3/19) at 11:30 AM. Steven was far from professional. Instead he was argumentative. He said the QN65Q6DR was superior to the QN65Q60R. I told Steve that I looked online and did not find anything in the specs to say it was superior. The specs appear same. Steven(manager) said the QN65Q6DR was superior in its dimming and pulled out a piece of paper that it had double dimming or something like that. At that point I told him the local dimming was to much, it made the picture to dark. I was ready to exchange the TV, but Steven said I was too late to exchange the TV because I only had 15 days to do that. Steven also told me to contact Samsung and they would back him up. So I contacted Samsung and the person I talked to did not back up the manager Steven at Visions. I was told by Samsung that the HDR (High Dynamic Range) is what is important whether 4x, 8x, or 12x etc. I was given a ticket # by Samsung. Went back to Visions told the Manager Steven about my conversation with Samsung and he told me the person I talked to did not know what they were talking about. I asked Steven, so your telling me you know more then the person at Samsung. Steven told me that he had training from Samsung, so he knows. I wonder how many years of training Steven had, that he knew more than the person at Samsung. I told Steven I had the name of the person I talked to and a ticket # that I could give him. The Manager Steven didn't want it said they were wrong. While i was talking with Steven, he would just say "whatever" and looked away. The Visions Manager Steven was very unprofessional. In our conversation Manager Steven said Visions partners with Samsung and has the QN65Q6DR made superior just for them. Steven made it sound like Visions is a powerful customer for Samsung. I looked up the Samsung electronics website and found sales for 2018 to be 59.27 Trillion. Visions Electronics estimated annual revenue is approximately $ 40 Million according to Owler. Income Statement, revenue estimated 3.2 Million according to D&B Hoovers. I would say that Visions is not a major player for Samsung. The Model # difference is so you cannot price match so be weary, do your homework. The sales people are only telling you what they are told to say. There are many websites to get info from

• Ta
    Tahir M. Khan Jun 14, 2020

After going through the above complaints and their resolution rate I'm convinced that lodging a complaint with the Vision Electronics is far useless. But nevertheless I'm writing here to convey my shopping experience at Regina, SK, north store.
    I bought a new Samsung S9 mobile phone from the store which was later proved a faulty piece. I went back to them for the replacement with the expectations of some better customer service and a good advice from the staff but disappointed when they totally refused to change the set with the same model even. Intead they demanded 15% of the cost of mobile in the name of 'THE POLICY'. The manager was so rude and I think didnt know the basic norms of customer srevices. May be that was not their fault as the mobile was packed in a sealed box but that wasn't mine too and I had to pay a good amount for nothing. After that nasty experience, because money matters for me, I decided not to shop any thing from 'the Vision'